I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for item

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for it

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Chase (109598274) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Chase (109598274) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:
voodoosue (118968402) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
voodoosue (118968402) wrote:i find it interesting that not only does BVG IGNORE the numerous reports against these coin sellers :eh: but that ppl like the OP obviously KNOW about this "term" which says to me either 1: they are a coin seller too.. or 2 : they tried to buy the coins :eh: :?:
isnt both against TOS :quiet:

You don’t have to be part of something to pick up the lingo. When I used to use YoWorld trade groups on FB to buy and sell my items I witnessed firsthand the plethora of coin sellers and buyers who used those groups as a way to advertise. It’s not hard to notice these things, especially when these sellers and buyers don’t care to conceal.

It’s unfair of you to accuse Coke’s of coin selling/buying. He’s a gold supporter and has been for a long time. He seems to care about the game. Someone like Cokey wouldn’t risk getting banned to buy and sell virtual coins. Especially when he already has accumulated wealthy from buying and selling virtual items.

what everrrr :bye: im NOT going to be your "bait" victim this week bye :bye:

Ive obviously missed something here, and sense an undercurrent of something else, but I dont see anything that MsP has said wrong? In fact this is all spot on and it seems very unfair to jump in and respond like that to a perfectly reasonable comment. :?:

Agreed! :thumbsup: :rose:

Acusing Coke for selling coins is ridiculous! I think that many people here and in game know that...

And I am just wondering, if any other player than MsPhantom made comment earlier than she did, would it also be called "bait"? :?:

I was sent a very polite PM and I apologized. Who am I to call anyone out for not speaking English or any other language. I don't think Ms Phantom baited anyone. The ladies involved should take it private and work it out.

:thumbsup:

When I joined this forum I had a lot of problems trying to explain that English is not my first language! I speak and write 2 languages without any faults, English is third and I also speak and understand Turkish ( that one I can't write )
Many people here are coming from different countries and English is not their main language either...

And then we also must keep on mind that there are people who are dyslexic.

Idk why is correcting so important...We are not at school here, no one here is sitting and waiting to be corrected.

And I completely agree with last part of your comment. :thumbsup: :)

I'm dyslexic, some people and doctor's say you grow out of it, as an adult you really don't. I'm constantly checking what I write. I can speak 4 languages, 2 were because my grandparents were French and German. I cannot write in any other language, besides English. And it's not so good. :D

Respect :thumbsup: :)
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 10812
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
voodoosue (118968402) wrote:i find it interesting that not only does BVG IGNORE the numerous reports against these coin sellers :eh: but that ppl like the OP obviously KNOW about this "term" which says to me either 1: they are a coin seller too.. or 2 : they tried to buy the coins :eh: :?:

You don’t have to be part of something to pick up the lingo. When I used to use YoWorld trade groups on FB to buy and sell my items I witnessed firsthand the plethora of coin sellers and buyers who used those groups as a way to advertise. It’s not hard to notice these things, especially when these sellers and buyers don’t care to conceal.

It’s unfair of you to accuse Coke’s of coin selling/buying. He’s a gold supporter and has been for a long time. He seems to care about the game. Someone like Cokey wouldn’t risk getting banned to buy and sell virtual coins. Especially when he already has accumulated wealthy from buying and selling virtual items.

Ive obviously missed something here, and sense an undercurrent of something else, but I dont see anything that MsP has said wrong? In fact this is all spot on and it seems very unfair to jump in and respond like that to a perfectly reasonable comment. :?:

Acusing Coke for selling coins is ridiculous! I think that many people here and in game know that...

And I am just wondering, if any other player than MsPhantom made comment earlier than she did, would it also be called "bait"? :?:

Thank you, Denna. I appreciate everything that you said. I get accused of baiting just because that's what I've been pegged as by others. If I post a GIF that I find funny in a thread for posting GIFS, I get accused of baiting. If I ask for a wearable item in game I get accused of baiting. If I breathe I get accused of baiting. Just me existing is bait to some people.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10321

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Chase (109598274) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Chase (109598274) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

I was sent a very polite PM and I apologized. Who am I to call anyone out for not speaking English or any other language. I don't think Ms Phantom baited anyone. The ladies involved should take it private and work it out.

:thumbsup:

When I joined this forum I had a lot of problems trying to explain that English is not my first language! I speak and write 2 languages without any faults, English is third and I also speak and understand Turkish ( that one I can't write )
Many people here are coming from different countries and English is not their main language either...

And then we also must keep on mind that there are people who are dyslexic.

Idk why is correcting so important...We are not at school here, no one here is sitting and waiting to be corrected.

And I completely agree with last part of your comment. :thumbsup: :)

I'm dyslexic, some people and doctor's say you grow out of it, as an adult you really don't. I'm constantly checking what I write. I can speak 4 languages, 2 were because my grandparents were French and German. I cannot write in any other language, besides English. And it's not so good. :D

People are often suspicious and prejudiced of others whom they consider as not in-group; and sadly skin color, along with language, are often used as the criteria to decide whether one is in-group or out-group. This in-group-out-group bias should be left behind us. It is "tribalism". And I hope people realize that non-native English speakers means that they speak at least two languages. :smug:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 399
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 13435
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:

Thank you, Denna. I appreciate everything that you said. I get accused of baiting just because that's what I've been pegged as by others. If I post a GIF that I find funny in a thread for posting GIFS, I get accused of baiting. If I ask for a wearable item in game I get accused of baiting. If I breathe I get accused of baiting. Just me existing is bait to some people.

I used to be "it," Ms Phantom. And now you are "it." I am sorry if I did not stand up to defend you. Actually I wrote a long one in that thread, but when I clicked "Submit,", the thread was already locked. But overall, after what happened to me last time, I try not to get involved and if I could, I would prefer to stay silent as long as I could. Many times I had to sit on my hands so I did not type :haha:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby M40 (177964495) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:30 pm

I hope people realize that in most cases people selling coins “cookies” via PayPal will always try to scam you, not that I have or will ever purchase coins, but because of the chargeback service that Paypal offers, it is easy to manipulate that service, I’ve sold some of my designs via PayPal, I had a client purchase a logo from me, I sent him the Adobe Illustrator file and the pngs of his logo, and when I checked my PayPal account I was negative, the client had filed a dispute with PayPal saying the transaction was fraudulent that he never ordered a logo from my website, I ended up winning the dispute since I had sent him an invoice of the logo he purchased and I sent Paypal the conversation the client and I had, to prove he did legitimately purchased a logo from me, please stay cautious and safe from scammers :heart: :thumbsup:
These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

M40 (177964495)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: May 21, 2011

Forum Posts: 5150
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

I used to be "it," Ms Phantom. And now you are "it." I am sorry if I did not stand up to defend you. Actually I wrote a long one in that thread, but when I clicked "Submit,", the thread was already locked. But overall, after what happened to me last time, I try not to get involved and if I could, I would prefer to stay silent as long as I could. Many times I had to sit on my hands so I did not type :haha:

Truth...So truth... Idk will I ever forgive myself for being part of making you "it" Stardust :heart: I know your forgive me and I can only tell this:
"When you forgive, you don't change the past, but you DO change the future". And I may only hope that one day I can call you my FRIEND! :heart: :hug:

I really hope that Vikings carefully read some threads and can see what is going on here...

MsPhantom, keep breathing and take this from me: Your existing here opened my eyes... And I hope some others will see what I SEE :rose:
Denna (10205906)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Truth...So truth... Idk will I ever forgive myself for being part of making you "it" Stardust :heart: I know your forgive me and I can only tell this:
"When you forgive, you don't change the past, but you DO change the future". And I may only hope that one day I can call you my FRIEND! :heart: :hug:

I really hope that Vikings carefully read some threads and can see what is going on here...

MsPhantom, keep breathing and take this from me: Your existing here opened my eyes... And I hope some others will see what I SEE :rose:

Whoops, I did not mean to blame you, Denna! Between us it was just a misunderstanding! :heart: :hug:

And what?? But I already regard you as my FRIEND! :wailing: :wailing: :wailing: :haha: :hug: :heart:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby XxMiMixX (132809113) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Mischievous (126579776) wrote:
Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:All day, every day on facebook groups they are selling millions of coins (cookies) for real money and it screws up the Yo economy. I mean why buy from BVG or bust a gut selling to make coins, when they can spend a few dollars and get literally millions.? They dont give a stuff about the game, they didnt invest years into playing or earning their wealth, they just buy it, then buy the rares, bumping the price of those to unreachable amounts.... :grr.

:trophy:

They price-jack their items so much to the point that many items that were previously affordable for most players to acquire are now so unreasonably priced in the hundreds of millions and damn near impossible for any player who doesn't buy yo-coins from sellers to afford. These jackers than sell their hundreds of millions of coins to players who are desperate for these rare items that the coin sellers themselves jacked to begin with. These price-jackers get rich in real life and in the game while at the same time creating an unfair gaming economy for other players who do not want to break the rules and buy coins from them.

These people have destroyed so many aspects of the game out of their own greed. I have said this so many times but I have no sympathy for coin sellers and buyers who get scammed. I have no sympathy for the people that attempt to sell hundreds of millions of coins and then come to FB groups crying because someone else scammed them out of the coins that they earned with their cycle of price-jacking.

Oh hey now, let's not just blame the guys taking advantage of players who cannot control their own wants. The people who decide it's ok to spend 120M on an old bow because they want it are just as guilty. The sellers/jackers can't get these coins if people just decide to stop buying the stuff. It is why I like to call their asking prices "pretendsies" prices. They like to pretend they are rich, so I go along with it for a giggle.

They've run up the snowville eyes, the RI eyes, and just about everything else they can convince players are valuable. They get on their multiple accounts and put up fake bids for stuff hoping to fool every player in this game and get them to buy in. They run events, buy for fake amounts on the AH, and do everything they can to convince you and I something is now "worth" a new value. Then they sell the coins to the one player who gets convinced the FF Red Streaked is "worth" 350M and take those same coins back from him when they trade for it. LOL Brilliant!

But none of it works if players just decide that FF Red Streak hair is ugly as dog poop and isn't worth 100k. Then all they have is pretendsies, which is just as valuable as my pretendsies items too.

This is a silly game that is deeply reflective of the psychology gaps within people's minds. I used to take infinite coins from jackers by using their own psychology against them. Now I just sit and watch because they bore me. I wish more people would ignore them, but this is Yo and people gotta feel cool or rich or whatever it is they get out of chasing fantasies.

Well said :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

XxMiMixX (132809113)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 218
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Awww Stardust, come here for a goodnight hug MY FRIEND! :heart: :heart:

Denna (10205906)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:Awww Stardust, come here for a goodnight hug MY FRIEND! :heart: :heart:

:haha: :haha: Coming!!! :haha: :hug: :heart:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:Awww Stardust, come here for a goodnight hug MY FRIEND! :heart: :heart:

There once was an orphaned panda named Qizai, who was the world's only brown panda. He was abandoned by his mother and the other panda's would steal his food because he was so different.... but he's finally found love with an older female panda. :heart: :heart: :heart:

True story... :D

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 19343
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:

Maybe I need to take a page out of your book, Stardust. :haha:

Thank you. :hug:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Thank you, Denna. :hug:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:18 pm

ms. p, i want to say i agree with everything denna said to you.

also, i don't understand how one can say you were trying to "bait" them just because you defended cokie, who i don't even know, from an unfounded accusation. imho accusations fly around here way too often. you get accused of "baiting" when you are just stating your opinion when someone else doesn't like it. you get accused of "baiting" when you see through and call some of the bs that happens here. it appears to me when you call out some of the bs and those you've called out can't defend themselves and realize you see through their bs. here they come with the "baiting" word. you and i don't always agree but you have never made it personal. keep on being you no matter what you are told by others here. it's good you stood up for cokie, who i don't even know. i like those who defend others against unfounded accusations. people everywhere can and do "pick up the lingo" without being involved in the situations the "lingo" is used. i read constantly almost and i learn the "lingo" of bank robbers and murderers. does that make me a bank robber or murderer? i think not, although murder sounds kind of good sometimes to me :haha:
and to you stardust, i was "it" at the same time you were and sometimes i'm still "it". sometimes when i post an opinion i get accused of being passive aggressive, whcih i'm sure will happen here, too. i can handle that. i have seen a softening in you and your replys and i must compliment you. it's kind of odd to me what some will come up with when they don't have a leg to stand on to cover their actions and words.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?...-111036364

avoid negative people. they have a problem for every solution. albert einstein

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10495

Postby DollParts (132308143) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Ebay is another cookie factory where they're baking a dime a dozen. One of the reasons people spend so much time manipulating prices and auction house averages while jacking certain items is because they're using those inflated prices to exchange it for real money. Instead of playing to have fun they decided to hijack the game to line their pockets. The time they spent doing this could be spent doing something way more productive. If you get a chance to look at Ebay you will see some of them selling items and coins. It was recently brought to my attention and I was shocked at how many bids I saw. I think BVG should, if they haven't already scout those transactions/items that use paypal and freeze them. Give us another lottery and let us eat those cookies also. :devil: :devil: :grr :nerd:

DollParts (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 3473
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:15 am

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:ms. p, i want to say i agree with everything denna said to you.

also, i don't understand how one can say you were trying to "bait" them just because you defended cokie, who i don't even know, from an unfounded accusation. imho accusations fly around here way too often. you get accused of "baiting" when you are just stating your opinion when someone else doesn't like it. you get accused of "baiting" when you see through and call some of the bs that happens here. it appears to me when you call out some of the bs and those you've called out can't defend themselves and realize you see through their bs. here they come with the "baiting" word. you and i don't always agree but you have never made it personal. keep on being you no matter what you are told by others here. it's good you stood up for cokie, who i don't even know. i like those who defend others against unfounded accusations. people everywhere can and do "pick up the lingo" without being involved in the situations the "lingo" is used. i read constantly almost and i learn the "lingo" of bank robbers and murderers. does that make me a bank robber or murderer? i think not, although murder sounds kind of good sometimes to me :haha:
and to you stardust, i was "it" at the same time you were and sometimes i'm still "it". sometimes when i post an opinion i get accused of being passive aggressive, whcih i'm sure will happen here, too. i can handle that. i have seen a softening in you and your replys and i must compliment you. it's kind of odd to me what some will come up with when they don't have a leg to stand on to cover their actions and words.

Thank you, Diana. You already know how I feel about you. You're a kind soul and one of the sweetest forumers.

There was nothing in my comment that would even constitute "bait". She just couldn't handle that I responded to her and she had issues with what I said so instead she looked for the easiest thing she could think of to use against me. I'm fine. It doesn't phase me. It's quite ridiculous actually how often people throw around "bait" here. If you make an innocent thread and someone decides that they disagree with the thread you posted(or that YOU were the one who posted it) they cry bait. If you ask a question, they cry bait. If you try to understand someone else's viewpoint, they cry bait.

I barely know Cokey as well but I don't need to know someone to point out unjust accusations. Coin selling and buying are definitely ruining the game and the people that are undeniably guilty of this deserve to be dealt with by the people who are qualified to do something. But to accuse someone of doing this just because they made a thread that mentioned this is kind of absurd to me and I had to say something. It's even more unfair that this accusation was posted publicly on a thread for all to read.

The issue is that in this forum we have different people of all kinds with all differing opinions. Nothing wrong with that. Diversity in thought is amazing. But then when it comes to discussing these opinions and having reasonable conversations, some people get too sensitive and defensive. They fight and accuse the other person of "arguing" when that person says a statement that they disagree with despite the fact that the entire purpose of a forum is for people to come together and have healthy discussions about the topics that pertain to the game.

Arguing is not a bad thing and telling someone that they are "argumentative" is not an insult. It's human nature to talk to each other and agree or disagree with each other, to give our opinions and to listen to the opinions of others, to challenge each other's thoughts and feelings, and to explain why we feel the way that we do. It saddens me to see so many people in different forums who view anything even remotely resembling a debate or an argument as a bad thing and who criticize anyone who is willing to have a thought provoking discussion with someone else.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:07 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:

Maybe I need to take a page out of your book, Stardust. :haha:

Thank you. :hug:

You are welcome, Ms Phantom :hug:
I admire your sense of justice and having the zest to fight for it, and your courage to admit where you were wrong. You are wise beyond your years. :trophy:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:13 am

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:

There once was an orphaned panda named Qizai, who was the world's only brown panda. He was abandoned by his mother and the other panda's would steal his food because he was so different.... but he's finally found love with an older female panda. :heart: :heart: :heart:

True story... :D

This is an example of tribalism. It is found not only in humans but also in animals, and the drive is usually a sense of fear. We naturally fear and distrust what is different from us, and only an enlightened mind can go pass this instinct. I am glad the brown panda finally found someone who is willing to accept and love him. We should learn from that older panda who adopted Qizai :heart:
Thanks for the beautiful story, Sam! :hug:

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:33 am

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:ms. p, i want to say i agree with everything denna said to you.

Thanks for your compliment, Diana. Yes I am softening because I see sufferings in those who attack others. Scientific studies have proved that bullies also suffer exactly the same bad effects as the victims, namely depression, anxiety and low self-esteem. It might sound strange but it is true. That, and also because bullies are often the victims of bullying themselves, perhaps at home or at work, so they also deserve some of our empathy. I always wonder what bitter life experience they had, or are having, what burdens they are having on their shoulders. The problem of bullying is like the chicken-egg problem, so instead of attacking back, I prefer to be silent, or just try to put a stop peacefully. If I cannot stand it anymore (regardless of who is being bullied), I will just click the report button.

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 am

Yes :)
Here is another "passive agressive" one :smug:

The thing is, if someone uses sarcasm or makes fun of you, then that person thinks that is good... And if you DARE to do the same, or answer in the polite way, then you are passive agressive :haha:
Like I said in my earlier post, I am not affraid of telling to people what I think...It is not easy thing to do here, because of the TOS, otherwise... :devil:
I am just wondering are some people that brave in RL too, or is this forum some kind of exhaust to them.

And speaking about Coke, in almost every thread he makes, there comes someone to make fun of his English, or makes fun about something else. How many times that already happend? And I admire Coke because he has never been rude to anyone, he deals with all attacks on his nice and polite way.
Coke :hug:
Denna (10205906)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions