I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for item

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for it

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:49 am

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:Awww Stardust, come here for a goodnight hug MY FRIEND! :heart: :heart:

:haha: :haha: Coming!!! :haha: :hug: :heart:

There once was an orphaned panda named Qizai, who was the world's only brown panda. He was abandoned by his mother and the other panda's would steal his food because he was so different.... but he's finally found love with an older female panda. :heart: :heart: :heart:

True story... :D

Awwww Sam, how dare you to make me emotive... :love:

Thank you for this story :hug:
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 10803
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:43 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:
voodoosue (118968402) wrote:
voodoosue (118968402) wrote:i find it interesting that not only does BVG IGNORE the numerous reports against these coin sellers :eh: but that ppl like the OP obviously KNOW about this "term" which says to me either 1: they are a coin seller too.. or 2 : they tried to buy the coins :eh: :?:
isnt both against TOS :quiet:

You don’t have to be part of something to pick up the lingo. When I used to use YoWorld trade groups on FB to buy and sell my items I witnessed firsthand the plethora of coin sellers and buyers who used those groups as a way to advertise. It’s not hard to notice these things, especially when these sellers and buyers don’t care to conceal.

It’s unfair of you to accuse Coke’s of coin selling/buying. He’s a gold supporter and has been for a long time. He seems to care about the game. Someone like Cokey wouldn’t risk getting banned to buy and sell virtual coins. Especially when he already has accumulated wealthy from buying and selling virtual items.

what everrrr :bye: im NOT going to be your "bait" victim this week bye :bye:

Ive obviously missed something here, and sense an undercurrent of something else, but I dont see anything that MsP has said wrong? In fact this is all spot on and it seems very unfair to jump in and respond like that to a perfectly reasonable comment. :?:

Agreed! :thumbsup: :rose:

Acusing Coke for selling coins is ridiculous! I think that many people here and in game know that...

And I am just wondering, if any other player than MsPhantom made comment earlier than she did, would it also be called "bait"? :?:

Thank you, Denna. I appreciate everything that you said. I get accused of baiting just because that's what I've been pegged as by others. If I post a GIF that I find funny in a thread for posting GIFS, I get accused of baiting. If I ask for a wearable item in game I get accused of baiting. If I breathe I get accused of baiting. Just me existing is bait to some people.

I used to be "it," Ms Phantom. And now you are "it." I am sorry if I did not stand up to defend you. Actually I wrote a long one in that thread, but when I clicked "Submit,", the thread was already locked. But overall, after what happened to me last time, I try not to get involved and if I could, I would prefer to stay silent as long as I could. Many times I had to sit on my hands so I did not type :haha:

Maybe I need to take a page out of your book, Stardust. :haha:

Thank you. :hug:

You are welcome, Ms Phantom :hug:
I admire your sense of justice and having the zest to fight for it, and your courage to admit where you were wrong. You are wise beyond your years. :trophy:

:hug: I admire your kindness and humility. Even before I knew you I could get a sense of how smart you are from just your forum presence.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10314

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:46 pm

People are going to do what they want to do. My opinion is if people are paying to play Yoworld... that's a good thing and it shouldn't be tarnished. I'm not condoning selling coins or whatever for real money, but I know a few people that genuinely buy coins/cash through Yoworld, and resell it for more to individuals.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 4932
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
voodoosue (118968402) wrote:i find it interesting that not only does BVG IGNORE the numerous reports against these coin sellers :eh: but that ppl like the OP obviously KNOW about this "term" which says to me either 1: they are a coin seller too.. or 2 : they tried to buy the coins :eh: :?:

You don’t have to be part of something to pick up the lingo. When I used to use YoWorld trade groups on FB to buy and sell my items I witnessed firsthand the plethora of coin sellers and buyers who used those groups as a way to advertise. It’s not hard to notice these things, especially when these sellers and buyers don’t care to conceal.

It’s unfair of you to accuse Coke’s of coin selling/buying. He’s a gold supporter and has been for a long time. He seems to care about the game. Someone like Cokey wouldn’t risk getting banned to buy and sell virtual coins. Especially when he already has accumulated wealthy from buying and selling virtual items.

Ive obviously missed something here, and sense an undercurrent of something else, but I dont see anything that MsP has said wrong? In fact this is all spot on and it seems very unfair to jump in and respond like that to a perfectly reasonable comment. :?:

Acusing Coke for selling coins is ridiculous! I think that many people here and in game know that...

And I am just wondering, if any other player than MsPhantom made comment earlier than she did, would it also be called "bait"? :?:

Thank you, Denna. I appreciate everything that you said. I get accused of baiting just because that's what I've been pegged as by others. If I post a GIF that I find funny in a thread for posting GIFS, I get accused of baiting. If I ask for a wearable item in game I get accused of baiting. If I breathe I get accused of baiting. Just me existing is bait to some people.

I used to be "it," Ms Phantom. And now you are "it." I am sorry if I did not stand up to defend you. Actually I wrote a long one in that thread, but when I clicked "Submit,", the thread was already locked. But overall, after what happened to me last time, I try not to get involved and if I could, I would prefer to stay silent as long as I could. Many times I had to sit on my hands so I did not type :haha:

I admire your sense of justice and having the zest to fight for it, and your courage to admit where you were wrong. You are wise beyond your years. :trophy:

:hug: I admire your kindness and humility. Even before I knew you I could get a sense of how smart you are from just your forum presence.

That's not necessarily true, people have friends... I have friends who brag about selling coins. It's no big deal but you can't accuse people of selling or trying to buy coins for knowing a fact. If she even did sell coins, why the hell would she come to forums and post about this? That's actually how arguments spur.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 pm

NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:People are going to do what they want to do. My opinion is if people are paying to play Yoworld... that's a good thing and it shouldn't be tarnished. I'm not condoning selling coins or whatever for real money, but I know a few people that genuinely buy coins/cash through Yoworld, and resell it for more to individuals.

Then if I understand what you're saying correctly, your friends are criminals and you seem to be ok with that.

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10910

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:People are going to do what they want to do. My opinion is if people are paying to play Yoworld... that's a good thing and it shouldn't be tarnished. I'm not condoning selling coins or whatever for real money, but I know a few people that genuinely buy coins/cash through Yoworld, and resell it for more to individuals.

Then if I understand what you're saying correctly, your friends are criminals and you seem to be ok with that.

"Criminal" is a strong word. If people find pleasure in doing that, but support the game in the process, why would you stop yoworld supporters? You should see how unregulated Ebay is with Yoworld Listings. It's quite interesting what people sell on there, and when you have "40+ sold" of the same thing, that tells you something.
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:10 pm

NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:

"Criminal" is a strong word. If people find pleasure in doing that, but support the game in the process, why would you stop yoworld supporters? You should see how unregulated Ebay is with Yoworld Listings. It's quite interesting what people sell on there, and when you have "40+ sold" of the same thing, that tells you something.

It’s illegal to make money off of someone else’s property. If I pay $20 for a DVD, I don’t have any right to make copies of that DVD and sell them to people. It doesn’t matter if I initially supported the DVD company and movie studio by paying $20 for the DVD because I am then going on to profit from their creation. Which I have no right to do. I made a post earlier on this thread all about it. It doesn’t matter if these people have paid into the game at some point. The fact of the matter is most players who sell coins don’t pay into the game. They earn their millions by price-jacking, scamming, or hacking. When you hear stories about players going on hacking sprees and stealing hundreds of millions of coins don’t you wonder why they do this? They do it to support their coin selling “business”.

Coin selling is profiting off of someone else’s property. It’s theft and it’s wrong.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10314

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Honestly does any of this really matter? We all have been complaining and seems to not get resolved. "MANY" have sent in screen shots of "ALL" the crooked schemes. If we can see it, then we know they can to...I feel there are decoy's planted, to much goes unresolved.... Just my outlook on what I have witnessed..... :?:

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 633
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:All day, every day on facebook groups they are selling millions of coins (cookies) for real money and it screws up the Yo economy. I mean why buy from BVG or bust a gut selling to make coins, when they can spend a few dollars and get literally millions.? They dont give a stuff about the game, they didnt invest years into playing or earning their wealth, they just buy it, then buy the rares, bumping the price of those to unreachable amounts.... :grr.

:trophy:

They price-jack their items so much to the point that many items that were previously affordable for most players to acquire are now so unreasonably priced in the hundreds of millions and damn near impossible for any player who doesn't buy yo-coins from sellers to afford. These jackers than sell their hundreds of millions of coins to players who are desperate for these rare items that the coin sellers themselves jacked to begin with. These price-jackers get rich in real life and in the game while at the same time creating an unfair gaming economy for other players who do not want to break the rules and buy coins from them.

These people have destroyed so many aspects of the game out of their own greed. I have said this so many times but I have no sympathy for coin sellers and buyers who get scammed. I have no sympathy for the people that attempt to sell hundreds of millions of coins and then come to FB groups crying because someone else scammed them out of the coins that they earned with their cycle of price-jacking.

Exactly :sad:

JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 3434
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:

Awww, thank you, Ms P :hug: :heart:

“We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the seas like fish, and yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers.”

– Martin Luther King Jr.

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 398
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 13422
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 am

Freaking nora, how many millions of coins do these people have, i wouldn't have enough to buy a big mac dinner deal

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 379
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5717
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 am

the first year i played yo i never read the tos being so new to online gaming in 2009 i didnt think it was something i needed to do. i met an older lady at a sale and she sold coins for rl money and convinced me z didnt care and expected players to buy coins with rl money, so dumbass me bought some from her. i continued to do so for 3 months until z caught her. i tried to sign into yo the next day and gold ninja had given me a 10 minute ban from game for buying coins with rl money. i was able to email him and he very nicely pointed out to me how doing this was basically stealing from z. it was something i'd never even thought about being new to the computer gaming age. never, to this very day, have i ever bought coins with rl money again . and yes, i agree it is right to call these yos criminal. stealing is a crime. this lady told mr she made $800 a month in rl money , enough to pay her monthly mortgage in cali .

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?...-111036364

avoid negative people. they have a problem for every solution. albert einstein

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 10492

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 am

Sue, I knew what "cookies" meant and I have done neither of those things. That is a really broad generalization. All I had to do was see the events posted to figure out they were using "cookies" in place of coins, which tells me maybe people are getting banned for selling them if they are trying to hide it now by using "cookies."
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11970

Postby Lori (131347843) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:10 am

I would imagine the majority of the people selling coins got them from stealing other people's items and accounts. That's the only way to have a continuous supply of millions of coins to sell. They then sell the items they stole to make the coins they sell for real money.

We see people post here all the time who were scammed out of their most expensive items or their entire accts. People buying the coins from the scammers are not only stealing from BVG but also from their fellow players, many of who spent thousands of dollars on the game and who are left completely devastated when they lose everything.

It is completely fair to call the people selling the coins criminals and also those buying those coins criminals. It will destroy the game and if I were BVG I would make this a priority to catch the people scamming and selling the items they steal and the coin sellers and buyers and IP ban them all.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3110
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:21 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:I would imagine the majority of the people selling coins got them from stealing other people's items and accounts. That's the only way to have a continuous supply of millions of coins to sell. They then sell the items they stole to make the coins they sell for real money.

We see people post here all the time who were scammed out of their most expensive items or their entire accts. People buying the coins from the scammers are not only stealing from BVG but also from their fellow players, many of who spent thousands of dollars on the game and who are left completely devastated when they lose everything.

It is completely fair to call the people selling the coins criminals and also those buying those coins criminals. It will destroy the game and if I were BVG I would make this a priority to catch the people scamming and selling the items they steal and the coin sellers and buyers and IP ban them all.

:star: :trophy: :star:

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:I would imagine the majority of the people selling coins got them from stealing other people's items and accounts. That's the only way to have a continuous supply of millions of coins to sell. They then sell the items they stole to make the coins they sell for real money.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

This.

If you love the game so much, buy from the source. Not a third party. Fine, maybe it's cheaper to buy from a third party + you get more coins out of it but what is that gonna do for you if the game's economy crashes and then it goes under because there aren't enough people supporting it legitimately???

Screw coin sellers/buyers. They are 100% criminals. There is no justifying it or defending it. :dizzy:

BVG needs to deal with this problem. o_o
Thanks for your insight!

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 225
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 5250
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:31 am

Phishing accounts is one way to get them and they are only marginally successful at this. Players are smarter and BVG gave us 2 great tools to serve as a "backstop" if we get fooled. So they really don't make a lot of coins this way. What I have learned is that they often serve as both the seller of the item and the seller of the coins. So when a player buys coins from one of their alts, they turn right around and trade those coins right back to that player on a different account to get the item they are chasing.

I've also learned this entire sham is a lot more organized than some kid trying to pay his cell phone bill. There are groups of players working diligently to hype items and convince players to pay more and more for some items. They spend countless hours trying to buy lower and sell higher in order to ultimately sell coins and items for cash - while working around BVG's bet intentions. Since these people live in countries where honest work is difficult to find, running coins for cash is a way they can make some US $ to use for things they need or want. So in essence this game becomes their "job".

I feel both saddened that they live in a place where this type of thing becomes their existence, and angry at them for abusing the players of this game. But there is nothing I can do except try to expose it for what it is and hope that one day BVG gets a bit more aggressive in taking the players out. But they are like cockroaches. No matter how many you take out, there are still more.

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32867
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:42 am

Mischievous (126579776) wrote:

Phishing accounts is one way to get them and they are only marginally successful at this. Players are smarter and BVG gave us 2 great tools to serve as a "backstop" if we get fooled. So they really don't make a lot of coins this way. What I have learned is that they often serve as both the seller of the item and the seller of the coins. So when a player buys coins from one of their alts, they turn right around and trade those coins right back to that player on a different account to get the item they are chasing.

I've also learned this entire sham is a lot more organized than some kid trying to pay his cell phone bill. There are groups of players working diligently to hype items and convince players to pay more and more for some items. They spend countless hours trying to buy lower and sell higher in order to ultimately sell coins and items for cash - while working around BVG's bet intentions. Since these people live in countries where honest work is difficult to find, running coins for cash is a way they can make some US $ to use for things they need or want. So in essence this game becomes their "job".

I feel both saddened that they live in a place where this type of thing becomes their existence, and angry at them for abusing the players of this game. But there is nothing I can do except try to expose it for what it is and hope that one day BVG gets a bit more aggressive in taking the players out. But they are like cockroaches. No matter how many you take out, there are still more.

AGREE 100%---- >I've also learned this entire sham is a lot more organized than some kid trying to pay his cell phone bill. There are groups of players working diligently to hype items and convince players to pay more and more for some items. They spend countless hours trying to
---- >((( BUY LOWER AND SELL HIGHER ))) in order to ultimately sell coins and items for cash - while working around BVG's bet intentions. Since these people live in countries where honest work is difficult to find, running coins for cash is a way they can make some US $ to use for things they need or want. So in essence this game becomes their "job".

That is exactly what I keep saying!!! If this keeps happening get your life jackets because the ship is sinking :shh:
Last edited by XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Catmomma (10727510) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:48 am

That and then people who are on every day, shamelessly begging for coins because they frittered it away at the Casino, or are just too lazy to watch a few video ads or level up their houses; and the boobs that give them coin so they can continue to feed their habits/laziness
Catmomma (10727510)
YoWorld Level: 210
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 117
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:48 am

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) wrote:
Mischievous (126579776) wrote:

AGREE 100%---- >I've also learned this entire sham is a lot more organized than some kid trying to pay his cell phone bill. There are groups of players working diligently to hype items and convince players to pay more and more for some items. They spend countless hours trying to
---- >((( BUY LOWER AND SELL HIGHER ))) in order to ultimately sell coins and items for cash - while working around BVG's bet intentions. Since these people live in countries where honest work is difficult to find, running coins for cash is a way they can make some US $ to use for things they need or want. So in essence this game becomes their "job".

That is exactly what I keep saying!!! If this keeps happening get your life jackets because the ship is sinking :shh:

This is been going on for years...
ImageImage

Insert your poison here

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 12819
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions