I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for item

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for item

Postby Cokey2H0TxTBYxTLZ (167109704) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:53 am

I seen many people sell cookies(real money) for items.
People getting banned for selling coins and people didnt get banned for selling cookies. Kind odd to me

Cokey2H0TxTBYxTLZ (167109704)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 2825
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: I am confuse about people sell "cookies" as money for it

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 am

Are these edible Cokey?
:eh:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10878
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Riff (185643699) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:20 pm

you confuse me
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11651

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:23 pm

Hiya Cokester. I have absolutely no idea what a "cookie" is or how anyone sells them in Yo. But I am curious. So if you would, please define "cookie" for the rest of us mere mortals. Thanks!

:hug:

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Sir Spurtsalot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32805
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby TipsyTurvy (185712917) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:33 pm

For the confused people above~ People are selling their in game money for real life money, for example: 1 million Yocoins for 1 USD. 'Cookies' meaning the selling of in game money. 'Cookies' is used to not get banned as they are not actually stating they are selling 'YoCoins', but 'Cookies' instead. :)
ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ sɪɢɢʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ
Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
TipsyTurvy (185712917)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 20, 2014

Forum Posts: 2618

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm

TipsyTurvy (185712917) wrote:For the confused people above~ People are selling their in game money for real life money, for example: 1 million Yocoins for 1 USD. 'Cookies' meaning the selling of in game money. 'Cookies' is used to not get banned as they are not actually stating they are selling 'YoCoins', but 'Cookies' instead. :)

Thanks Tipsy! :thumbsup: :hug:

Postby TipsyTurvy (185712917) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
TipsyTurvy (185712917) wrote:For the confused people above~ People are selling their in game money for real life money, for example: 1 million Yocoins for 1 USD. 'Cookies' meaning the selling of in game money. 'Cookies' is used to not get banned as they are not actually stating they are selling 'YoCoins', but 'Cookies' instead. :)

Thanks Tipsy! :thumbsup: :hug:

No worries! ;)
TipsyTurvy (185712917)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks for making that clear... interesting how people have been getting around that rule, but I guess now that it's been made public BVG might go after them.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 19284
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Idk why they keep saying cookies, when pretty much everybody in those groups know they are talking about coins :dizzy:
ImageImage

Insert your poison here

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 12795
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby TipsyTurvy (185712917) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:Idk why they keep saying cookies, when pretty much everybody in those groups know they are talking about coins :dizzy:

My thoughts exactly. :silly: :dizzy:
TipsyTurvy (185712917)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:22 pm

Silly me, I thought we were talking Girl Scout cookies...
:dizzy:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10878

Postby ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Sellin' cookies? :eh:
After one touch, we become obsessed with the rush. Yeah, love is like a rodeo.

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7826
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:44 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:Idk why they keep saying cookies, when pretty much everybody in those groups know they are talking about coins :dizzy:

Oh that's what cookie is :haha: :haha: :dizzy:
After one touch, we become obsessed with the rush. Yeah, love is like a rodeo.

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7826

Postby Yoyi (2227873) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:28 pm

I had no idea!!! lolol
I say ban them all!! lolol
Yoyi (2227873)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 24, 2008

Forum Posts: 3563
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:08 pm

All day, every day on facebook groups they are selling millions of coins (cookies) for real money and it screws up the Yo economy. I mean why buy from BVG or bust a gut selling to make coins, when they can spend a few dollars and get literally millions.? They dont give a stuff about the game, they didnt invest years into playing or earning their wealth, they just buy it, then buy the rares, bumping the price of those to unreachable amounts.... :grr.

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 6484
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:35 pm

I never knew that cookies was a yostreet word for coins. Interesting read. But the person who started this feed is asking why it is bannable to sell coins and not yocash. that was her question.. and ....
I thought selling coins and Yocash were bannable.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 8858

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:All day, every day on facebook groups they are selling millions of coins (cookies) for real money and it screws up the Yo economy. I mean why buy from BVG or bust a gut selling to make coins, when they can spend a few dollars and get literally millions.? They dont give a stuff about the game, they didnt invest years into playing or earning their wealth, they just buy it, then buy the rares, bumping the price of those to unreachable amounts.... :grr.

:trophy:

They price-jack their items so much to the point that many items that were previously affordable for most players to acquire are now so unreasonably priced in the hundreds of millions and damn near impossible for any player who doesn't buy yo-coins from sellers to afford. These jackers than sell their hundreds of millions of coins to players who are desperate for these rare items that the coin sellers themselves jacked to begin with. These price-jackers get rich in real life and in the game while at the same time creating an unfair gaming economy for other players who do not want to break the rules and buy coins from them.

These people have destroyed so many aspects of the game out of their own greed. I have said this so many times but I have no sympathy for coin sellers and buyers who get scammed. I have no sympathy for the people that attempt to sell hundreds of millions of coins and then come to FB groups crying because someone else scammed them out of the coins that they earned with their cycle of price-jacking.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10302

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Cokey2H0TxTBYxTLZ (167109704) wrote:I seen many people sell cookies(real money) for items.
People getting banned for selling coins and people didnt get banned for selling cookies. Kind odd to me

It's a wonder now you can speak English. With all your past threads who knows what language you can speak...dude.

Be real and don't sell or buy cookies. :balloon:

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 1694
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Sir Spurtsalot (126579776) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:04 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:All day, every day on facebook groups they are selling millions of coins (cookies) for real money and it screws up the Yo economy. I mean why buy from BVG or bust a gut selling to make coins, when they can spend a few dollars and get literally millions.? They dont give a stuff about the game, they didnt invest years into playing or earning their wealth, they just buy it, then buy the rares, bumping the price of those to unreachable amounts.... :grr.

They price-jack their items so much to the point that many items that were previously affordable for most players to acquire are now so unreasonably priced in the hundreds of millions and damn near impossible for any player who doesn't buy yo-coins from sellers to afford. These jackers than sell their hundreds of millions of coins to players who are desperate for these rare items that the coin sellers themselves jacked to begin with. These price-jackers get rich in real life and in the game while at the same time creating an unfair gaming economy for other players who do not want to break the rules and buy coins from them.

These people have destroyed so many aspects of the game out of their own greed. I have said this so many times but I have no sympathy for coin sellers and buyers who get scammed. I have no sympathy for the people that attempt to sell hundreds of millions of coins and then come to FB groups crying because someone else scammed them out of the coins that they earned with their cycle of price-jacking.

Oh hey now, let's not just blame the guys taking advantage of players who cannot control their own wants. The people who decide it's ok to spend 120M on an old bow because they want it are just as guilty. The sellers/jackers can't get these coins if people just decide to stop buying the stuff. It is why I like to call their asking prices "pretendsies" prices. They like to pretend they are rich, so I go along with it for a giggle.

They've run up the snowville eyes, the RI eyes, and just about everything else they can convince players are valuable. They get on their multiple accounts and put up fake bids for stuff hoping to fool every player in this game and get them to buy in. They run events, buy for fake amounts on the AH, and do everything they can to convince you and I something is now "worth" a new value. Then they sell the coins to the one player who gets convinced the FF Red Streaked is "worth" 350M and take those same coins back from him when they trade for it. LOL Brilliant!

But none of it works if players just decide that FF Red Streak hair is ugly as dog poop and isn't worth 100k. Then all they have is pretendsies, which is just as valuable as my pretendsies items too.

This is a silly game that is deeply reflective of the psychology gaps within people's minds. I used to take infinite coins from jackers by using their own psychology against them. Now I just sit and watch because they bore me. I wish more people would ignore them, but this is Yo and people gotta feel cool or rich or whatever it is they get out of chasing fantasies.

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:39 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
taffywrap (187749182)
YoWorld Level: 51
YoWorld Start Date: May 26, 2019

Forum Posts: 324
Forum Title: YoRegular

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions