[EVENT] Mid Summer's Night Event

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Mid Summer's Night Event

Postby Rain (110294179) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Pigeonlips (139291280) wrote:can't wait. These events always help my coins

I have a feeling this one is going to be a dud coin-wise. o_o

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.

Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 7812
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Viking Matt » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello everyone!

We have heard your concerns regarding the floaties being YoCash only and a requirement. As a result, we are in the process of removing them as a requirement now, so please keep your eyes peeled for that.

If you are one of the people who have already submitted a room and bought a floatie for YoCash specifically to enter the challenge, we are looking into compensating you as you read this.

We apologize for this issue and hope you continue to enjoy the challenge!

- Viking Matt

Viking Matt
YoWorld Level: 421

Forum Posts: 39
Forum Title: YoWorld Team

Postby ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Viking Matt wrote:Hello everyone!

We have heard your concerns regarding the floaties being YoCash only and a requirement. As a result, we are in the process of removing them as a requirement now, so please keep your eyes peeled for that.

If you are one of the people who have already submitted a room and bought a floatie for YoCash specifically to enter the challenge, we are looking into compensating you as you read this.

- Viking Matt

Thank You just seen the requirements are NPC, Pool Patio x2, Pool and Theme Items x3 :hug:
After one touch, we become obsessed with the rush. Yeah, love is like a rodeo. -Kane
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7850

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:23 pm

- Viking Matt

What a nice gesture..... :D
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11972
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Tansy Anne (187669609) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:23 pm

I did buy a pizza floatie (that i really didn't want) with my very small amount of yocash.
Worst yet, I accidentally submitted the room when it wasn't nearly ready. I wanted to get all the required things in first, then I was going to put in the other fun party things. I wish I could go back and try again.
Oh well. At least I can continue on with the storyline now.
Tansy Anne (187669609)
YoWorld Level: 70
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2018

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:36 pm

- Viking Matt

Thank you :)

I hope submited rooms with first requirements are counting too? :)
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 10812

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:40 pm

LiL MaMa (149099631) wrote:This requires a floatie. They all cost yocash :eh:

always first check ur inventory and used items also so u don't have to spend yocash
Trying to stay in sane in the world of insane!

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 688
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby XxMiMixX (132809113) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:52 pm

- Viking Matt

TY Tysssm Viking Matt :heart: Highly appreciated :heart:

XxMiMixX (132809113)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 218
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Rain (110294179) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:07 pm

Hey Matt

I have a friend that paid a significant sum for a floatie in AH just to enter. Any chance of him getting a refund if he puts in a ticket? I mean you should be able to tell he stuck it in his entry right after buying it.

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.

Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 7812

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:46 pm

I understand some thought this was not right but BVG always makes sure there are coin items. I have always found coin items. I also know that items sometimes are given another name. There is a coin float in the store. I bought it and added it. I finished my room challenge with it.

Spanish Swimming Ring

Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 6224
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Lori (131347843) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:58 pm

- Viking Matt

Viking Matt, I have written repeatedly in the feedback threads for the gem events, as well as in other threads about them, stating that these events are still filled with glitches and no one answers and absolutely nothing has been done about it!

In the last challenge, once again we had loads of invisible clothing entries, clothing entries that were levitating and gigantic and blurry. The room entries showed the avatar in them and other things to show they were not complete, such as the arrows over furnishings to show they were to be rotated.

Why is nothing being done about the glitches when people are paying a LOT of real money to enter them! You may have taken away one requirement, but players still have to pay a LOT of YC and coins for hairs, yobers, accessories, furniture, etc. in order to get the full boost (pretty much the only way to be able to get 300 gems) and also to get the final prize. And even after spending so much, you don't always end up with either, as I have had full boosts for every event in the last contest and got below 4.5 ratings and did not get the final prize.

How can you keep taking money from people when they have absolutely zero chance of winning? I have been a victim of these glitches so even after spending YC, I was given zero chance to win anything. A forumer posted pictures showing mine and other entries came up blank for the clothing contest, even though I entered! I have also consistently had very low scores, even though I spend hours on doing both the clothing and the room events, spending money to fill the boost, adhering to the theme, making both room and clothing entries look really nice and got way less points than people who just wore the starting outfit or threw a bunch of items in the middle of the room that made no sense.

I really want answers to these questions. Why have all the glitches not been fixed? Why do you continue with such an unfair voting practice for the events? Why do the requirements for the boost keep costing more and more and the chances of getting full gems goes down? Why was the game changed so even if you enter and spend a lot of money on every event, you still may not get the final prize? And, finally, why can we not have the items in the gem events also put in the store, for people who do not wish to gamble but would love to buy them?

I hate the gem events and you keep putting decorating styles I have loved in real life for years and wanted in the game (like bohemian, shabby chic and now art deco) in the events. I can't afford to play the game this way and please let your bosses know that I canceled VIP that I had for years because of them, and I also am no longer buying cash pkgs because of them. Many people are angry about these events yet nothing changes. Is the short term gain worth losing long term customers?

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3110
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 pm

The Modern Art Jaguar Yober EJL2019 doesn't seem to appear when viewing in the auction house. Also, the yober and the male clothes are not marked new in Tier 1...
:)

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10933

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:24 am

Now I am just sad that the Paris theme is gone because so much of that stuff would compliment the gem event items.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10411

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:19 am

Patmin (3374531) wrote:I understand some thought this was not right but BVG always makes sure there are coin items. I have always found coin items. I also know that items sometimes are given another name. There is a coin float in the store. I bought it and added it. I finished my room challenge with it.

Spanish Swimming Ring

Patmin, before they changed it one of the requirements asked specifically for "floatie" and unless the item had this word in the name, it would not count for the requirement. That is why there were some upset players. There was no work around with that. There was no coin item with the word "floatie" this time in the store (and still is not).

Either you had an item that had the word floatie in the name (there was one given out for free in the YoWorld Desktop App some time ago, and some coin ones were recently removed from the store with the AV2018 theme), bought one for YoCash, or else you could not make the submission since you did not fulfil the requirements.

Thankfuly they changed the "floatie" requirement to "pool" like Viking Matt mentioned.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3594

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:40 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:Now I am just sad that the Paris theme is gone because so much of that stuff would compliment the gem event items.

The Parisian Spring (PS2016), right?
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3594

Postby Butterfly (111936444) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:15 am

Good morning :bye: :star: Dearest Viking Sarah :star:

Well, my Challenge Room poofed now, my yc and coins stuff are gone ; of course, i know that they're probably moved to my inventory BUT the issue is still the same since a few weeks... MY INVENTORY DOESN'T DOWNLOAD PROPERLY THEN I'M FORCED TO ADD, TO BUY NEW STUFF FROM THE STORE TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE ! Ironic Situation because of my inventory is a big, no i'm Sorry, it's a huge one...

Please, Dearest Viking Sarah, reply to my question : why the new feature / option / decoration way is available all the time and everywhere in the game EXCEPTED to enter the Room Decoration Challenge ? :nerd: Because, i need it ; i can't manage it in another way.

So now, 62k740 coins and 25yc gone "for nothing", i'm gonna buy them AGAIN and spend MORE TIME for this Challenge instead to enjoy the game. Thank you so much !

Regards, :rose:

Butterfly

P.S. : I'm therefore preparing 2 new expense reports pending a refund. And since a few days, i'm no more able to send gifts and to trade in the game. An idea about this ?

Butterfly (111936444) wrote:Good afternoon :bye: :star: Dearest Vikings :star:

We need to talk about your event(s), please. Since last two times, i'm able to use your new decoration feature system when the Decorating Challenge is ended and the reward revealed, it means when i'm removing my deco from the Room Challenge ; how is it possible that i'm no more able to decorate with both of "old" and new systems while i'm trying to enter to your Decorating Challenge, then ? :nerd:

My inventory didn't download properly these last two times, and i decided to enter the Decorating Challenge (to avoid the AH) so in a way, i was "forced" to buy some new stuff from the Furniture Store etc. to be able to enter ; after sending a ticket and spending respectively 34k100c and two days ago, 62k725c and 6yc to get "only"... 50 gems result o_o (instead of 300 gems), i would like to know why i'm no more able to decorate in your Room Challenges ? :?:

Thank you very much for your understanding, your precious help and your advices.
Regards :rose:

Butterfly (111936444)
YoWorld Level: 363
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 19301
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Viking Matt » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:33 am

Rain (110294179) wrote:Hey Matt

I have a friend that paid a significant sum for a floatie in AH just to enter. Any chance of him getting a refund if he puts in a ticket? I mean you should be able to tell he stuck it in his entry right after buying it.

Hi Rain!

This decision isn't mine to make, but I don't think it would hurt for that player to submit a ticket! I can't make any promises but they'll never know if they don't try!

- Viking Matt

Viking Matt
YoWorld Level: 421

Forum Posts: 39
Forum Title: YoWorld Team

Postby Butterfly (111936444) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:45 am

Good Morning :bye: :star: Dearest Viking Matt :star:

Please, reply to my question : why the New Room Editing Store is available everyday and everywhere in the game, in classic rooms, in modular rooms, etc. EXCEPTED to enter the Room Decoration Challenge ? :nerd: Because, i need it ; i can't manage it in another way.

Thank you very much for your precious help.
Regards,

Butterfly

Butterfly (111936444) wrote:Good morning :bye: :star: Dearest Viking Sarah :star:

Well, my Challenge Room poofed now, my yc and coins stuff are gone ; of course, i know that they're probably moved to my inventory BUT the issue is still the same since a few weeks... MY INVENTORY DOESN'T DOWNLOAD PROPERLY THEN I'M FORCED TO ADD, TO BUY NEW STUFF FROM THE STORE TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE ! Ironic Situation because of my inventory is a big, no i'm Sorry, it's a huge one...

Please, Dearest Viking Sarah, reply to my question : why the new feature / option / decoration way is available all the time and everywhere in the game EXCEPTED to enter the Room Decoration Challenge ? :nerd: Because, i need it ; i can't manage it in another way.

So now, 62k740 coins and 25yc gone "for nothing", i'm gonna buy them AGAIN and spend MORE TIME for this Challenge instead to enjoy the game. Thank you so much !

Regards, :rose:

Butterfly

P.S. : I'm therefore preparing 2 new expense reports pending a refund. And since a few days, i'm no more able to send gifts and to trade in the game. An idea about this ?

Butterfly (111936444) wrote:Good afternoon :bye: :star: Dearest Vikings :star:

We need to talk about your event(s), please. Since last two times, i'm able to use your new decoration feature system when the Decorating Challenge is ended and the reward revealed, it means when i'm removing my deco from the Room Challenge ; how is it possible that i'm no more able to decorate with both of "old" and new systems while i'm trying to enter to your Decorating Challenge, then ? :nerd:

My inventory didn't download properly these last two times, and i decided to enter the Decorating Challenge (to avoid the AH) so in a way, i was "forced" to buy some new stuff from the Furniture Store etc. to be able to enter ; after sending a ticket and spending respectively 34k100c and two days ago, 62k725c and 6yc to get "only"... 50 gems result o_o (instead of 300 gems), i would like to know why i'm no more able to decorate in your Room Challenges ? :?:

Thank you very much for your understanding, your precious help and your advices.
Regards :rose:

Butterfly (111936444)
YoWorld Level: 363
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 19301
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Kuulei (130585304) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Aloha,

Post by Kuulei (130585304) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:34 am

Q: "Challenges, Voting and Player Participation.

A players observation :D

Q: How is it that YW's "making a splash" challenge, "choose the room that you like best" was/is set up with the first challenger's room having ONLY the required items :thumbsup: and the other or second room with many + (more coins or cash)? Would this considered to be a fair challenge? :?:

I'd usually pick the one I like best but now, the underdog. Some players just don't have the Coins or Cash to spruce up a place (or outfit) but really enjoys entering the contests and challenges. Can this be technically altered/fixed? I would love to see a fair, semi-equally challenge vs. what we currently see." :heart:
I ka ‘ōlelo no ke ola, i ka ‘ōlelo nō ka make.
In the language is life. In the language is death. Speak life, not death.

Kuulei (130585304)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 248
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Just my reminder that it would be super nice if the icon were to go away once its clicked. As always, thank you for listening and here's to hoping that someday it will happen.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10411

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions