[ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play! (UPDATED!)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby JamesBowman (186253444) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:33 pm

Is it possible that parts of YoWorld is HTML5?
Click my siggy to visit my youtube channel! :)
Image
User avatar
JamesBowman (186253444)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 06, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 1153
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: YoWorld Videos/YoWorld Wrestling

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:50 pm

JamesBowman (186253444) wrote:Is it possible that parts of YoWorld is HTML5?


This is what I keep bringing up. It's likely that BVG has already thought about converting pieces of the game to HTML5 at a time. And if they have, I sure hope that's a viable option.
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Depressed.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby CCAuntie Virus (112580197) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:36 am

Chase (109598274) wrote:Can we still play using FB Gameroom?


I would like the answer to this question also ....

The App has all that Facebook junk all over it that cant be removed. With Gameroom I get a bigger playing screen and NO facebook clutter..
User avatar

CCAuntie Virus (112580197)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 229
Forum Title: YoApprentice
Location: TEXAS

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Ima OneOfaKind (11164486) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:05 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:I'm confused. I thought this was a new post. I saw new comments but the post is dated June 19th. Also, I've been getting this exact screen you've shown and described when I log into Yoworld for months, now. So, not sure what is new.


I'm guessing it has to do with your browser and not the game. I wouldn't worry about getting in with FB since you are able to play and get in at this point. Just make sure you can get in from the desktop app or another way before flash is fully phased out.

Right now a lot of people are having issues getting into the game period through FB and some of them have no other way of getting in. That is an issue they will have to fix themselves before flash is gone for good. So make sure you are ready for the final migration.
User avatar
Ima OneOfaKind (11164486)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 173
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:37 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
JamesBowman (186253444) wrote:Is it possible that parts of YoWorld is HTML5?


This is what I keep bringing up. It's likely that BVG has already thought about converting pieces of the game to HTML5 at a time. And if they have, I sure hope that's a viable option.

ahhhh maybe thats what the vault is about! it might not be possible to move things in the game that we are using, buying etc. maybe by vaulting it means they can try and shift the stuff we have no access to over to HTML5?! then when it gets closer to the time there will be a lot less stuff that needs transferring! :?: :D ... im not very technical minded but it sounds good in my head lol... then we can have some vault stuff back! :thumbsup:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 14719
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: My living room, UK

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby XxMiMixX (132809113) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:59 pm

Moon Maiden (144063105) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:Unfortunately the problem is that because BVG only allows the desktop app to be used on a 64 bit laptop or desktop and not on a 32 bit and not on tablets, it's really extremely limiting. I'm not sure what I'll do next week when I'm at my daughter's for about 10 days taking care of the grand critters and household. My laptop is only 32 bit and it doesn't work on my tablet. So this isn't really a good option. Even with the 3rd option, as Rod said if it has performance issues few will likely use that option. When puffin stops working on ipads and iphones there will likely be a lot that quit. None of the other browsers that supposedly work with flash work well at all. I've tried them all several times. I have a hard time getting the pop up to come up to allow flash and yes I have the pop up blocker off so that isn't the issue. The problem is the crud on the right hand side of the facebook window is in the way and I have NOT figured out a way to get rid of any of it so it doesn't block that pop up. The one I could get to work at all, you really can't do anything but log in and do a few things, I haven't been able to figure out how to use them to decorate. For many it's the only way to play the game, it's all they have. For me, I have health issues and so I can't sit at my desktop very long and I play most of the time using puffin on my ipad. Puffin is going away for ipads in October. Since none of the other browsers are worth a flip that means that I'll have very limited options. I can see it just getting to a point if BVG doesn't do something pretty quickly that there will be a lot leaving the game because they are out of options. I'm not going out and buying another device just to get an android tablet so that puffin will still work on it. So I hope that you figure something out asap. Once puffin goes away I'll be down to only being able to use my desktop computer to play the game. It just won't be worth it. Fix it so that the app will work on tablets and 32 bit machines and it will get you through a bit longer.

Thats odd because the laptop I use for work is a 32 bit, and I downloaded the app with no problem

r u sure ? coz I have 32 bits laptop and I did download the app but it won't install so it's not working for me too :eh:
User avatar

XxMiMixX (132809113)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 252
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Kat (106520804) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:56 pm

XxMiMixX (132809113) wrote:
Moon Maiden (144063105) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:Unfortunately the problem is that because BVG only allows the desktop app to be used on a 64 bit laptop or desktop and not on a 32 bit and not on tablets, it's really extremely limiting. I'm not sure what I'll do next week when I'm at my daughter's for about 10 days taking care of the grand critters and household. My laptop is only 32 bit and it doesn't work on my tablet. So this isn't really a good option. Even with the 3rd option, as Rod said if it has performance issues few will likely use that option. When puffin stops working on ipads and iphones there will likely be a lot that quit. None of the other browsers that supposedly work with flash work well at all. I've tried them all several times. I have a hard time getting the pop up to come up to allow flash and yes I have the pop up blocker off so that isn't the issue. The problem is the crud on the right hand side of the facebook window is in the way and I have NOT figured out a way to get rid of any of it so it doesn't block that pop up. The one I could get to work at all, you really can't do anything but log in and do a few things, I haven't been able to figure out how to use them to decorate. For many it's the only way to play the game, it's all they have. For me, I have health issues and so I can't sit at my desktop very long and I play most of the time using puffin on my ipad. Puffin is going away for ipads in October. Since none of the other browsers are worth a flip that means that I'll have very limited options. I can see it just getting to a point if BVG doesn't do something pretty quickly that there will be a lot leaving the game because they are out of options. I'm not going out and buying another device just to get an android tablet so that puffin will still work on it. So I hope that you figure something out asap. Once puffin goes away I'll be down to only being able to use my desktop computer to play the game. It just won't be worth it. Fix it so that the app will work on tablets and 32 bit machines and it will get you through a bit longer.

Thats odd because the laptop I use for work is a 32 bit, and I downloaded the app with no problem

r u sure ? coz I have 32 bits laptop and I did download the app but it won't install so it's not working for me too :eh:


I read it somewhere along the way on here so there is a thread and I think it was Jess said it will only work on 64 bit machines. I'll try again on my laptop but I think I did and it didn't work for me. Will try it again right now and get back to you.
User avatar

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 1291
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Chase (109598274) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:53 pm

Kat (106520804) wrote:
XxMiMixX (132809113) wrote:
Moon Maiden (144063105) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:Unfortunately the problem is that because BVG only allows the desktop app to be used on a 64 bit laptop or desktop and not on a 32 bit and not on tablets, it's really extremely limiting. I'm not sure what I'll do next week when I'm at my daughter's for about 10 days taking care of the grand critters and household. My laptop is only 32 bit and it doesn't work on my tablet. So this isn't really a good option. Even with the 3rd option, as Rod said if it has performance issues few will likely use that option. When puffin stops working on ipads and iphones there will likely be a lot that quit. None of the other browsers that supposedly work with flash work well at all. I've tried them all several times. I have a hard time getting the pop up to come up to allow flash and yes I have the pop up blocker off so that isn't the issue. The problem is the crud on the right hand side of the facebook window is in the way and I have NOT figured out a way to get rid of any of it so it doesn't block that pop up. The one I could get to work at all, you really can't do anything but log in and do a few things, I haven't been able to figure out how to use them to decorate. For many it's the only way to play the game, it's all they have. For me, I have health issues and so I can't sit at my desktop very long and I play most of the time using puffin on my ipad. Puffin is going away for ipads in October. Since none of the other browsers are worth a flip that means that I'll have very limited options. I can see it just getting to a point if BVG doesn't do something pretty quickly that there will be a lot leaving the game because they are out of options. I'm not going out and buying another device just to get an android tablet so that puffin will still work on it. So I hope that you figure something out asap. Once puffin goes away I'll be down to only being able to use my desktop computer to play the game. It just won't be worth it. Fix it so that the app will work on tablets and 32 bit machines and it will get you through a bit longer.

Thats odd because the laptop I use for work is a 32 bit, and I downloaded the app with no problem

r u sure ? coz I have 32 bits laptop and I did download the app but it won't install so it's not working for me too :eh:


I read it somewhere along the way on here so there is a thread and I think it was Jess said it will only work on 64 bit machines. I'll try again on my laptop but I think I did and it didn't work for me. Will try it again right now and get back to you.

I'm not so sure about the YoWorld app, but FB Gameroom downloads and plays in 32bit emulation on my 64bit computer. I love it, it doesn't have all that business on the right hand while playing, meaning FB itself. It's compatible with Chrome, IE, Edge and Safari. I'm not that computer savy, but it works for me. :D
And no, I don't work or have any ties to FB. :haha:
Image
User avatar

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2677
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: Space City

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Kat (106520804) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:59 pm

Chase (109598274) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:
XxMiMixX (132809113) wrote:
Moon Maiden (144063105) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:Unfortunately the problem is that because BVG only allows the desktop app to be used on a 64 bit laptop or desktop and not on a 32 bit and not on tablets, it's really extremely limiting. I'm not sure what I'll do next week when I'm at my daughter's for about 10 days taking care of the grand critters and household. My laptop is only 32 bit and it doesn't work on my tablet. So this isn't really a good option. Even with the 3rd option, as Rod said if it has performance issues few will likely use that option. When puffin stops working on ipads and iphones there will likely be a lot that quit. None of the other browsers that supposedly work with flash work well at all. I've tried them all several times. I have a hard time getting the pop up to come up to allow flash and yes I have the pop up blocker off so that isn't the issue. The problem is the crud on the right hand side of the facebook window is in the way and I have NOT figured out a way to get rid of any of it so it doesn't block that pop up. The one I could get to work at all, you really can't do anything but log in and do a few things, I haven't been able to figure out how to use them to decorate. For many it's the only way to play the game, it's all they have. For me, I have health issues and so I can't sit at my desktop very long and I play most of the time using puffin on my ipad. Puffin is going away for ipads in October. Since none of the other browsers are worth a flip that means that I'll have very limited options. I can see it just getting to a point if BVG doesn't do something pretty quickly that there will be a lot leaving the game because they are out of options. I'm not going out and buying another device just to get an android tablet so that puffin will still work on it. So I hope that you figure something out asap. Once puffin goes away I'll be down to only being able to use my desktop computer to play the game. It just won't be worth it. Fix it so that the app will work on tablets and 32 bit machines and it will get you through a bit longer.

Thats odd because the laptop I use for work is a 32 bit, and I downloaded the app with no problem

r u sure ? coz I have 32 bits laptop and I did download the app but it won't install so it's not working for me too :eh:


I read it somewhere along the way on here so there is a thread and I think it was Jess said it will only work on 64 bit machines. I'll try again on my laptop but I think I did and it didn't work for me. Will try it again right now and get back to you.

I'm not so sure about the YoWorld app, but FB Gameroom downloads and plays in 32bit emulation on my 64bit computer. I love it, it doesn't have all that business on the right hand while playing, meaning FB itself. It's compatible with Chrome, IE, Edge and Safari. I'm not that computer savy, but it works for me. :D
And no, I don't work or have any ties to FB. :haha:


I tried using gameroom and for whatever reason I had problems with it and stopped using it. It's been awhile since I did it so don't remember what it was that happened. I think it kept freezing on me.
User avatar

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 1291
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Moon Maiden (144063105) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:06 pm

XxMiMixX (132809113) wrote:
Moon Maiden (144063105) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:Unfortunately the problem is that because BVG only allows the desktop app to be used on a 64 bit laptop or desktop and not on a 32 bit and not on tablets, it's really extremely limiting. I'm not sure what I'll do next week when I'm at my daughter's for about 10 days taking care of the grand critters and household. My laptop is only 32 bit and it doesn't work on my tablet. So this isn't really a good option. Even with the 3rd option, as Rod said if it has performance issues few will likely use that option. When puffin stops working on ipads and iphones there will likely be a lot that quit. None of the other browsers that supposedly work with flash work well at all. I've tried them all several times. I have a hard time getting the pop up to come up to allow flash and yes I have the pop up blocker off so that isn't the issue. The problem is the crud on the right hand side of the facebook window is in the way and I have NOT figured out a way to get rid of any of it so it doesn't block that pop up. The one I could get to work at all, you really can't do anything but log in and do a few things, I haven't been able to figure out how to use them to decorate. For many it's the only way to play the game, it's all they have. For me, I have health issues and so I can't sit at my desktop very long and I play most of the time using puffin on my ipad. Puffin is going away for ipads in October. Since none of the other browsers are worth a flip that means that I'll have very limited options. I can see it just getting to a point if BVG doesn't do something pretty quickly that there will be a lot leaving the game because they are out of options. I'm not going out and buying another device just to get an android tablet so that puffin will still work on it. So I hope that you figure something out asap. Once puffin goes away I'll be down to only being able to use my desktop computer to play the game. It just won't be worth it. Fix it so that the app will work on tablets and 32 bit machines and it will get you through a bit longer.

Thats odd because the laptop I use for work is a 32 bit, and I downloaded the app with no problem

r u sure ? coz I have 32 bits laptop and I did download the app but it won't install so it's not working for me too :eh:

Yes, im sure lol I bought it. I have Windows 10, what do you have? I wonder if that makes a difference. I seen Sarah mention that those operating on IE 11 are having a lot of problems with it
Last edited by Moon Maiden (144063105) on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Moon Maiden (144063105)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 04, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 604
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Muffy (111121099) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:34 pm

Looks like this is the end of the road for me and Yoworld. Been playing since the second year 2009.
User avatar
Muffy (111121099)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 118
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Sassy Sue (9436897) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:09 am

Thanks for the information!
User avatar

Sassy Sue (9436897)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 550
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:07 am

The Photon Browser brings up that page you posted that shows choose Flash but there seems to be no way to get into settings to do so?
Image
User avatar

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9159
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: The Fourth Way

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Kat (106520804) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Kat (106520804) wrote:
Chase (109598274) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:
XxMiMixX (132809113) wrote:
Moon Maiden (144063105) wrote:
Kat (106520804) wrote:Unfortunately the problem is that because BVG only allows the desktop app to be used on a 64 bit laptop or desktop and not on a 32 bit and not on tablets, it's really extremely limiting. I'm not sure what I'll do next week when I'm at my daughter's for about 10 days taking care of the grand critters and household. My laptop is only 32 bit and it doesn't work on my tablet. So this isn't really a good option. Even with the 3rd option, as Rod said if it has performance issues few will likely use that option. When puffin stops working on ipads and iphones there will likely be a lot that quit. None of the other browsers that supposedly work with flash work well at all. I've tried them all several times. I have a hard time getting the pop up to come up to allow flash and yes I have the pop up blocker off so that isn't the issue. The problem is the crud on the right hand side of the facebook window is in the way and I have NOT figured out a way to get rid of any of it so it doesn't block that pop up. The one I could get to work at all, you really can't do anything but log in and do a few things, I haven't been able to figure out how to use them to decorate. For many it's the only way to play the game, it's all they have. For me, I have health issues and so I can't sit at my desktop very long and I play most of the time using puffin on my ipad. Puffin is going away for ipads in October. Since none of the other browsers are worth a flip that means that I'll have very limited options. I can see it just getting to a point if BVG doesn't do something pretty quickly that there will be a lot leaving the game because they are out of options. I'm not going out and buying another device just to get an android tablet so that puffin will still work on it. So I hope that you figure something out asap. Once puffin goes away I'll be down to only being able to use my desktop computer to play the game. It just won't be worth it. Fix it so that the app will work on tablets and 32 bit machines and it will get you through a bit longer.

Thats odd because the laptop I use for work is a 32 bit, and I downloaded the app with no problem

r u sure ? coz I have 32 bits laptop and I did download the app but it won't install so it's not working for me too :eh:


I read it somewhere along the way on here so there is a thread and I think it was Jess said it will only work on 64 bit machines. I'll try again on my laptop but I think I did and it didn't work for me. Will try it again right now and get back to you.

I'm not so sure about the YoWorld app, but FB Gameroom downloads and plays in 32bit emulation on my 64bit computer. I love it, it doesn't have all that business on the right hand while playing, meaning FB itself. It's compatible with Chrome, IE, Edge and Safari. I'm not that computer savy, but it works for me. :D
And no, I don't work or have any ties to FB. :haha:


I tried using gameroom and for whatever reason I had problems with it and stopped using it. It's been awhile since I did it so don't remember what it was that happened. I think it kept freezing on me.


Ok, first of all, I"m SOOO sorry it took so long to get back with you. Darn laptop had to be reloaded. Guess it got messed up sitting around not being used. So hubby had to do his magic and it had a million updates it had to do so it took a long time. I tried again to get the app and it comes up and says sorry it only runs on a 64 bit machine. I suspect there will be a lot of angry players once puffin stops working for us in October.
User avatar

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 1291
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby rosie (11528570) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:47 pm

im using a chrome book.how am i gonna play
User avatar

rosie (11528570)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 31
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Nita (114766277) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:59 am

This doesn't put my mind at ease since one solution is for Mac and the last one says it gives you poor performance. The first one is temporary. So now what?
User avatar

Nita (114766277)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 481
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Moloch (153939982) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:31 am

Well, in this very case I think its no bother or less helpfull that I simply have no clue what, how and when... lol

I think this is the perfect kind of a scenario where I can't fix the issue given I can't do computer code stuffz, instead, I can and will, just tag along like a good little wagon and follow the train! I sure hope those train tracks dont cross that long and broken bridge, chu chu! :shocked: :haha: :haha:

Right now I am going to go YoGardening and won't bother with this silly stuff! While I can! :silly:
Image
User avatar
Moloch (153939982)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 20, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 6005
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Off Planet!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby ShadesOfD (116354401) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am

Will we still be able to access the forum via either IE or Chrome? Or are we getting an independent forum?
Image
50's Diner || Nextdoor Arcade ||Daycare || Houseboat || Thank you for siggy Yoyo.
User avatar

ShadesOfD (116354401)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3840
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Last place I want to be

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby ShadesOfD (116354401) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 am

Also will we still be able to access the game via the Facebook Gameroom?
Image
50's Diner || Nextdoor Arcade ||Daycare || Houseboat || Thank you for siggy Yoyo.
User avatar

ShadesOfD (116354401)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3840
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Last place I want to be

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby oOoBellaoOo (108316673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 am

Will the game still work in the app and Facebook Gameroom after flash goes out?
Use what's been given to you.
User avatar

oOoBellaoOo (108316673)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 79
Forum Title: YoNovice
Location: Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions