[ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play! (UPDATED!)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play! (UPDATED!)

Postby Viking Sarah » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:19 pm

UPDATE - Monday, July 12th

Hey YoFans!

We are very excited to announce the newest addition in our plan to help mitigate the phase-out of Flash - the YoWorld Flash Helper!

This handy Chrome Extension is quite possibly the easiest, (and our favourite), option out of all!

To learn all about the YoWorld Flash Helper CLICK HERE!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey YoFans,

As I'm sure many of you already know, Flash will soon be retired from all web browsers. Flash is the tool that allows you to play YoWorld, and is built-in to the web browser you use, like Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.

As the end date for Flash approaches, fewer browsers will support Flash automatically. You may have seen this already by needing to click pop-ups that allow your browser settings to load Flash.

In the past, you have been able to permanently allow your settings to load Flash, and then play a game (like YoWorld) without being interrupted or prompted again. With Flash being phased out over the next year and a half, this option will change. For the time being, you will still be able to enable Flash for your browser, but all indications suggest that this is temporary, and you will have to re-enable Flash every time you launch your browser to play YoWorld.

Our team has been aware of the end of Flash for quite some time, and we've been busy coming up with solutions that would still allow everyone to play YoWorld with the least amount of barriers as possible. (Leave some Vikings alone for a while with nothing but their computers, a whiteboard, and a problem and they're bound to surprise everyone -- including us!)

When you first load YoWorld, if Flash is not enabled, you will be greeted with a screen saying Allow Flash

• Clicking the "Allow Flash" option will prompt your browser's Permissions dialog box
    • Select "Allow" from the drop-down menu, refresh your game, and you will be able to play YoWorld as usual
    • Allowing Flash is a short-term permanent solution - allowing Flash in your browser's settings means that you won't be prompted to allow it again every time you load YoWorld. But .....
    • The "Allow Flash" option is temporary - once Flash has fully retired, this option will no longer be available to play YoWorld

If allowing Flash doesn't work for you, you will get a new login option screen that will populate for you that presents three options for playing YoWorld!

Let's break down what we're seeing above, and what each option means for YOU!

Get YW Flash Helper

To enable the YoWorld Flash Helper in Chrome, follow these easy steps:

• Click this link to install the extension directly OR load YoWorld and click the green "Get YW Flash Helper" button when it pops up for you

• Click on the "Add to Chrome" button
    • Click "Add extension"
    • You will now notice a small YoWorld icon in the top right of your Chrome browser. This shows that your new extension has been installed!
    • BONUS! You can now also click the little YoWorld icon in your browser to load straight into YoWorld!

Download YoWorld
    • For Windows and Mac users, clicking the "Download YoWorld" option will prompt you to download the desktop version of YoWorld
    • When the dialog box opens, select the location you would like to save YoWorld on your computer, and then click "Save"
    • Your computer will then install YoWorld just like any other program you've downloaded
    • Once the program has downloaded, YoWorld will now be accessible to play right from your computer. As an example, if you choose to save YoWorld to your computer's desktop, you should now see a YoWorld icon there:
    • The first time you launch your new YoWorld app via your computer, you may be prompted to login to your Facebook account that is connected to your YoWorld account
    • Once logged in, you can access the game going forward from your new desktop app!
    • Fun Fact! If you choose this option of downloading YoWorld, get ready to win app-exclusive prizes and rewards!

"No Thanks" - YoWorld Streaming
    • Clicking "No Thanks" will launch YoWorld in streaming-mode -- you are streaming (downloading) YoWorld live from our servers. This is similar to something like Netflix where you don't actually download the movie you're watching, but instead, are streaming it from Netflix's servers
    • This option is intended for players who have issues with allowing Flash or downloading the desktop YoWorld app
    • Of the options available to you, streaming YoWorld is the least efficient and you could experience poor performance while playing including slow loading, freezing, severe lag, etc.

Hopefully, these options will help to put your mind at ease when it comes to Flash being phased out. Our team will continue to work towards more solutions to ensure that we can all call YoWorld home for many years to come!

As always, your feedback and comments help us to move in the right direction, as well as fine tune anything we may have overlooked. Please leave your comments regarding these ways to play YoWorld below!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 308

Forum Posts: 595
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Goodbye Flash? More Ways to Play!

Postby Queen Mata (13429328) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 am

Nice! :thumbsup:
Et tu, Brute?
Queen Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 3549
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks for the update!
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7675
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 am

So I suppose this means that YoWorld as we know it will remain perpetually on Flash?

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:40 am

Also, off-topic, but do you guys know what happened to Facebook Game Cards? They seem to have been discontinued and a lot of players are unable to find them. A good alternative could be visa gift cards, but is there a way to make some announcement about to bring some clarity over the whole issue?

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:47 am

So the answer looks like we will be using the desktop app to play Yo. I have no reason to think this won't work when Flash Player goes away, but you guys have all those eggs in one basket. The streaming option isn't really an option if it can't be used without performance issues. People will just quit.

I'm about 90% confident you guys have this under control, but I sure hope smarter people than me are testing this for the future. ;)

I wanna live, like there’s no tomorrow
Love, like I’m on borrowed time
It’s good to be alive

I won't take it for granted
I won't waste another second - Jason Gray
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 33794
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby deja (124224150) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:49 am

I can't get in the game at all .. it's not even trying to load. Just an all white screen. Rod, do you know of a way to try and get the desktop way to get in? I had to change computers and don't have it on this one. Want to see if I can get in the game that way.
deja (124224150)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 2202
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Rod (126579776) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:53 am

deja (124224150) wrote:I can't get in the game at all .. it's not even trying to load. Just an all white screen. Rod, do you know of a way to try and get the desktop way to get in? I had to change computers and don't have it on this one. Want to see if I can get in the game that way.

Here's the link to the Yoworld App. :thumbsup:

https://downloads.bigvikinggames.com/YoWorld.exe

I wanna live, like there’s no tomorrow
Love, like I’m on borrowed time
It’s good to be alive

I won't take it for granted
I won't waste another second - Jason Gray
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 33794
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:55 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:So the answer looks like we will be using the desktop app to play Yo. I have no reason to think this won't work when Flash Player goes away, but you guys have all those eggs in one basket. The streaming option isn't really an option if it can't be used without performance issues. People will just quit.

I'm about 90% confident you guys have this under control, but I sure hope smarter people than me are testing this for the future. ;)

I am at least hoping that they try to update certain components of the game to a better development engine. Cause I trust that they can continue to develop the game like this forever on Flash if they wanted to, but that then places a bar of limitation as to what the game can achieve. I want to see this game excel and achieve milestones in graphics and performance it's never seen before.

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Thank you for the update, Sarah. And Thank you to the Team for working so hard to continue our favorite game. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18015
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Viking Sarah » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:So the answer looks like we will be using the desktop app to play Yo. I have no reason to think this won't work when Flash Player goes away, but you guys have all those eggs in one basket. The streaming option isn't really an option if it can't be used without performance issues. People will just quit.

Hey Rod!

Thanks for your comments regarding our current options for the "Phenomenal Flash Phase-Out Formula For YoFans"
(No, that's not an official title. Yes, I just made that up.)

I'm happy to report that even though this update has been released, our team is still very much exploring, researching, and fine-tuning all of the other options we currently have up our sleeves. While I can't go into too many details at this time, hopefully this isn't the last you've heard from me on this subject. ;)

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 308

Forum Posts: 595
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:37 pm

So which is the html5 option? :?:
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7722
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 pm

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 24838
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Toink Toink (117686344) wrote:So which is the html5 option? :?:

:thumbsup:
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Can we still play using FB Gameroom?

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 1996
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Denna (10205906) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Thanks for update :)

Good to know that there is a work to keep this game alive...

Will there any soon be option for tablets? If Puffin really stops completely, I doubt some players wil want to pay for other browsers...
"Look in the mirror... That's your REAL competition!"
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 11040
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:Thanks for update :)

Good to know that there is a work to keep this game alive...

Will there any soon be option for tablets? If Puffin really stops completely, I doubt some players wil want to pay for other browsers...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465
Wish: Animated Electric Guitar HH YMCA2018

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 3373

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 pm

This makes my heart sing :heart: :heart: Good to know that you guys are working on it, I am hoping that yo will be and around long enough for us to put your kiddos, if you have them, through collage Sarah :heart:
And as you can see I have my hands full with my own little ones :D :D
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 828
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Rain (110294179) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm not sure this will work as a permanent solution, but it's good to hear there is something in the works. :thumbsup:

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.
Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 7894

Postby Lori (131347843) » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:33 pm

I'm confused. I thought this was a new post. I saw new comments but the post is dated June 19th. Also, I've been getting this exact screen you've shown and described when I log into Yoworld for months, now. So, not sure what is new.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3162

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions