Advertisement demands personal information?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:29 pm

This advertisement makes us fill out a small survey and then demands that we enter our email address and name in order to get rewarded. The pop-up doesn't close unless we enter our personal information in order to get rewarded. The content of the ad doesn't phase me as I've dealt with my fair share of weird or silly ads here. It's the demanding of personal information that's getting to me. If I report the advertisement in order for it to stop showing up during my gameplay, I end up getting a grey Tv tab.

Image
Image
Image

Here are some photos for reference. I really hope this can be looked into.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12032
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 pm

That is really bad MsP. Sarah asked for anyone with an ad like to take a screenshot so they can look into it. There were some that wouldn't close out unless you answered, like yours, but I think it was a different advertiser. Hope they nip this in the bud...
o_o
Image
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 12890
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: At the corner of healthy and happy :)

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:38 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:This advertisement makes us fill out a small survey and then demands that we enter our email address and name in order to get rewarded. The pop-up doesn't close unless we enter our personal information in order to get rewarded. The content of the ad doesn't phase me as I've dealt with my fair share of weird or silly ads here. It's the demanding of personal information that's getting to me. If I report the advertisement in order for it to stop showing up during my gameplay, I end up getting a grey Tv tab.

Image
Image
Image

Here are some photos for reference. I really hope this can be looked into.


I have had one come up, too! I click report at the top, then type a little blurb about, then it goes away!
User avatar
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2010
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:This advertisement makes us fill out a small survey and then demands that we enter our email address and name in order to get rewarded. The pop-up doesn't close unless we enter our personal information in order to get rewarded. The content of the ad doesn't phase me as I've dealt with my fair share of weird or silly ads here. It's the demanding of personal information that's getting to me. If I report the advertisement in order for it to stop showing up during my gameplay, I end up getting a grey Tv tab.

Image
Image
Image

Here are some photos for reference. I really hope this can be looked into.


I have had one come up, too! I click report at the top, then type a little blurb about, then it goes away!


That's what I've been doing for years with ads. My point is that we shouldn't even be getting ads like this to begin with and, with the current way that ad watching is set up, I'm getting more and more ads where a 'report' option is no longer made available.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12032
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Jade (136873125) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:07 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:This advertisement makes us fill out a small survey and then demands that we enter our email address and name in order to get rewarded. The pop-up doesn't close unless we enter our personal information in order to get rewarded. The content of the ad doesn't phase me as I've dealt with my fair share of weird or silly ads here. It's the demanding of personal information that's getting to me. If I report the advertisement in order for it to stop showing up during my gameplay, I end up getting a grey Tv tab.

Image
Image
Image

Here are some photos for reference. I really hope this can be looked into.


I have had one come up, too! I click report at the top, then type a little blurb about, then it goes away!


That's what I've been doing for years with ads. My point is that we shouldn't even be getting ads like this to begin with and, with the current way that ad watching is set up, I'm getting more and more ads where a 'report' option is no longer made available.


I agree and no we shouldn't be getting these, It's not the first time as I have had them before and reported it.
User avatar
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2010
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:This advertisement makes us fill out a small survey and then demands that we enter our email address and name in order to get rewarded. The pop-up doesn't close unless we enter our personal information in order to get rewarded. The content of the ad doesn't phase me as I've dealt with my fair share of weird or silly ads here. It's the demanding of personal information that's getting to me. If I report the advertisement in order for it to stop showing up during my gameplay, I end up getting a grey Tv tab.

Image
Image
Image

Here are some photos for reference. I really hope this can be looked into.


I have had one come up, too! I click report at the top, then type a little blurb about, then it goes away!


That's what I've been doing for years with ads. My point is that we shouldn't even be getting ads like this to begin with and, with the current way that ad watching is set up, I'm getting more and more ads where a 'report' option is no longer made available.


I agree and no we shouldn't be getting these, It's not the first time as I have had them before and reported it.


I hope these get fixed soon as players shouldn't be antagonized for their personal information.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12032
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Nadia (114148389) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:36 am

I hit report, and say, ad didn't start, then I try again and an ad plays for me. Works every time lol.
Image
User avatar

Nadia (114148389)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1694
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:37 am

Nadia (114148389) wrote:I hit report, and say, ad didn't start, then I try again and an ad plays for me. Works every time lol.


That’s what I do too.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 12032
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Elyn (7955720) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

I have not seen this particular ad but I've had others that ask for information that I'm unwilling to give. "Make your ad experience more relevant," it says. "Take this short survey to improve your ad experience." I don't want to improve my ad experience. And the questions are invasive. There is a "Prefer not to answer" option at the bottom of the "survey" but when I click on it, the window closes and no ad. I've clicked "Prefer not to answer" dozens of times hoping to get beyond it, but it never does. I've just stopped doing ads. Not worth the aggro.
User avatar
Elyn (7955720)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 386
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:53 am

I send them nudes and they stop sending me stuff like that. :wailing: :wailing: :wailing:
Image

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it becomes accepted by a majority.

~ Rick Warren
User avatar
Full Package (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 36246
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:This advertisement makes us fill out a small survey and then demands that we enter our email address and name in order to get rewarded. The pop-up doesn't close unless we enter our personal information in order to get rewarded. The content of the ad doesn't phase me as I've dealt with my fair share of weird or silly ads here. It's the demanding of personal information that's getting to me. If I report the advertisement in order for it to stop showing up during my gameplay, I end up getting a grey Tv tab.

Image
Image
Image

Here are some photos for reference. I really hope this can be looked into.


Hi MsPhantom,

Thanks for bringing this ad to our attention! I will be forwarding this information, along with your screenshots, to the team for them to investigate and get in touch with our ad networks.

If you discover any more ads like this, please definitely let us know! :)
User avatar
Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 311
 
Forum Posts: 747
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:59 am

The only info that ads should ask for is NOTHING. How difficult is it to tell the ad seller you won't accept ANY ads with data queries.

My guess is that BVG gets a bigger payout when targeted ads are allowed....which requires data mining us. :angel:
Image

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it becomes accepted by a majority.

~ Rick Warren
User avatar
Full Package (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 36246
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby sandyJ (8639941) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 am

yes, the Sweaty ad gets on my nerves and
btw the navy / military ads were working fine before last night. now they are opening another tab (when you click as required to "interact" w/the ad). the ads tell you to watch for something like 30 seconds to collect your coins but go on and on. i quit the ad at FIVE MINUTES and still never got my coin reward for wasting my time. this happened repeatedly and there was NO WAY to report a problem w/the ad(s) as other players have already mentioned.
as if that isn't enough, despite loading and refreshing and loading and refreshing, BVG keeps bringing up those same ads that do not work and won't give the reward! if i missed my daily 1yc at ad 10 because i wasn't credited with watching (far more than) 10 ads, then BVG is really going to hear about it.
:grr
User avatar
sandyJ (8639941)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 205
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:27 pm

sandyJ (8639941) wrote:yes, the Sweaty ad gets on my nerves and
btw the navy / military ads were working fine before last night. now they are opening another tab (when you click as required to "interact" w/the ad). the ads tell you to watch for something like 30 seconds to collect your coins but go on and on. i quit the ad at FIVE MINUTES and still never got my coin reward for wasting my time. this happened repeatedly and there was NO WAY to report a problem w/the ad(s) as other players have already mentioned.
as if that isn't enough, despite loading and refreshing and loading and refreshing, BVG keeps bringing up those same ads that do not work and won't give the reward! if i missed my daily 1yc at ad 10 because i wasn't credited with watching (far more than) 10 ads, then BVG is really going to hear about it.
:grr


Yup! I had that issue with the military one all day yesterday.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 17275
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: undisclosed

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby cathy (115782367) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Funny, this one always credits for me. I watch the little video and then when the next screen shows up just click somewhere. About two minutes later it credits even though the timer always shows 0:00.
User avatar

cathy (115782367)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 21, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1448
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: Advertisement demands personal information?

Postby KAREN (186514636) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Pickle Wiggler (126579776) wrote:The only info that ads should ask for is NOTHING. How difficult is it to tell the ad seller you won't accept ANY ads with data queries.

My guess is that BVG gets a bigger payout when targeted ads are allowed....which requires data mining us. :angel:


AMEN - BVG should give a crap about protecting player privacy and at least pretend to be trustworthy! I've contacted them numerous times since the $1 cash reward started because I can't get past the info-mining surveys by declining to participate. When you click on that company's privacy policy, you find that it only protects their right to get our email address, contact/SPAM us with unsolicited garbage, track our online activity and that of anyone using our computer, and their right to merge and sell our information with/to any scamming organization out there. BVG is utterly selling us out to any unknown source. 'Customer Service' just blows me off, if they even bother to read and address my issue!
User avatar

KAREN (186514636)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 09, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 84
Forum Title: YoNovice


Return to YoWorld Discussions