OMG.....the loading of inventory..

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

OMG.....the loading of inventory..

Postby Debbe (14220878) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:43 pm

...Is absolutely insane. I was trying to see if I got the newest NPC's from the gem challenge. I could not find them while trying to decorate (even though I clicked on all the right boxes and all the right prompts to get them) yet loading inventory was taking forever before I could even search. I have been playing for 10yrs now and have a lot of stuffs, so this is so not cool that I should have to wait 10-15 mins for my stuff to even load to find out if I have an item. I personally hate this new access to inventory.

Debbe (14220878)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 597
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: OMG.....the loading of inventory..

Postby Julie (129854587) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Debbe (14220878) wrote:...Is absolutely insane. I was trying to see if I got the newest NPC's from the gem challenge. I could not find them while trying to decorate (even though I clicked on all the right boxes and all the right prompts to get them) yet loading inventory was taking forever before I could even search. I have been playing for 10yrs now and have a lot of stuffs, so this is so not cool that I should have to wait 10-15 mins for my stuff to even load to find out if I have an item. I personally hate this new access to inventory.

I am not a fan of the new inventory either. I don't understand why that was a priority when there are so many other issues with the game. I think that there may be a problem with the game challenge NPC's because I can't put them into a room. I tried to refresh and use different homes but it wasn't happening.

Julie (129854587)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 500

Postby YoMama4Real (118544593) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm

My inventory will NOT load any more. I can barely search for anything unless it's in the first few pages. :sick:
Image<<~~ Visit me
"Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again!"

YoMama4Real (118544593)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 4346
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Debbe (14220878) wrote:...Is absolutely insane. I was trying to see if I got the newest NPC's from the gem challenge. I could not find them while trying to decorate (even though I clicked on all the right boxes and all the right prompts to get them) yet loading inventory was taking forever before I could even search. I have been playing for 10yrs now and have a lot of stuffs, so this is so not cool that I should have to wait 10-15 mins for my stuff to even load to find out if I have an item. I personally hate this new access to inventory.

I like the new editor for accessing my inventory when decorating as it loads so much faster. Then when I have loaded items in a room I use the old editor to actually do my decorating as the new one is too laggy and has too many glitches.
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 2042
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Miss Klutz (114423285) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:19 am

Takes way to much time to load all inventory if we want to look through everything if we want to sell items. The new editor doesn't allow us to sell items in inventory like the items we get in chests, etc. I know I have more than 1 of items and they don't all show up because loading takes forever. Something needs done about the loading issue.
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Miss Klutz (114423285)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 221
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Chase (109598274) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:34 am

It's much better than the old way, at least for me. I can locate things that I completely forgot about. :D

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2853
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Debbe (14220878) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:10 pm

I have seen that I have things that I have forgotten about as well, but it starts with clothing, then hair, then...not sure. But it is haphazard at best. Not even alphabetical, which is how it was before. If I don't know the exact name, it is harder. And even if I do know the name, I still have to wait for it all to load, BEFORE I can even search. grrrr and ugh from me. Even if you break it down into clothing, then furniture...it is still a long process. Clicking on available items, means you need to find something else to do for about 15-30 minutes....I mean if it is going to start with available items, have it start with furniture, not clothing. I can see the clothing by going to the edit avatar button. I can see available floors/wall paper by going into edit a room mode. I am finding the best way to see what I have is to go into the edit mode for a room. The search through inventory is brutal....I think.

Debbe (14220878)

Postby Debbe (14220878) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:

I like the new editor for accessing my inventory when decorating as it loads so much faster. Then when I have loaded items in a room I use the old editor to actually do my decorating as the new one is too laggy and has too many glitches.

How do you go into the "old edit mode"?

Debbe (14220878)

Postby Chase (168343794) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I was looking in my inventory for my shabby chic items that I had use to decorated in another house and I forgot which one, and it never showed up in inventory, so had to looked at all my houses to find them so !! It doesn't show everything :wailing:

Chase (168343794)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 129
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:08 pm

It's been working SO much better for me since the update a few days ago. It takes about 2 minutes to load, but everything seems to be there (before this most recent update I left it for 15 minutes and it still hadn't loaded). When I search for items they may take 5-10 seconds to fill each page.

I love that I can tell what room items are in, it's so helpful :heart: :heart:

Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 357
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 2187
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby sue twoPLUSH (113201761) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 pm

I DO TOO!!!!! :quiet:

sue twoPLUSH (113201761)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 11728
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Finally I can see my INUSE!!!! are you kidding me.. Im so happy about the new inventory.. I think at first i hated it. UNTIL all of a sudden I tried it out. you know how we all hate change. Even if windows does a little change everyone goes balistic.. Same in YO..

I suppose some play on a phone, some on a small screen at home on a comp. My screen is big and I play at home on my computers.. so..
this inventory and the new deco is really awesome. first off its faster. way faster.

the hardest part for me is when I am in 'furniture' my own all the 200 wall papers are in there and they are at the top getting in my way to scroll thru furniture. I think wall papers need its own wall paper spot. Its not furniture. lol

love lvoe love love.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 9599
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Return to YoWorld Discussions