[GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby deb (143400968) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:16 am

I knew you would not make this right.. and do a do OVER????? instead a low score.. waste of yocash.. Shame on you.. It going to be a LONG time before I take another yocash deal.. If ever .. oh I guess that ugly hat shoe and purse was the prize.. what a joke.. I know I just quit the gem game save all kinds of money

deb (143400968)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 17
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:18 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Meadow (152618059) wrote:
MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:With full bonus you get 5.3? Does this mean everyone get their 4.5 for maximum gems?

Who ever checked their score with full boost, is this you score?

I never care of my score as long as I have 4.5 (and I always boost my entry with 0.8) but if I am getting 5.3 because challenge after challenge , nothing was done to fixed the glitches, or maybe something was done, but not good enough) and since I bought the hairs exclusively for this challenge, I have to say, I don't think is fair I get a 4.5 ... , make a do-over or get each person their max score. Idc about the yc... but I think is only fair
I think ur absolutely right, it's not like this is the first time these glitches have occurred in these events. The only reason it has been addressed this time is that it happened to EVERYBODY.! I But on the plus side BVG says the problems have been fixed so I and others can only take them at their word and move forward. :eh: On that positive note I received a 5,5, for my outfit, although on two other outfits I have submitted in the past I received the 20yc, and I did not put half the effort into it as I did this last entry :eh: :eh: Maybe I shouldn't have tried so hard. Anyone interested in my entry it is like on page 7 of the CC2019 thread, I have changed since then. But trying to figure out how fair the voting system is, is anyones quess. Peace :rose: :rose: :rose:
I

how did you get a 5.5 when everyone else got a 5.3?? and you couldn't have ever received 20yc because as far back as i remember it has always been 25yc and never changed?!

I'm wondering the same thing :eh:

:thumbsup: :quiet:
ImageImage
*You don't fool me.* Silence is golden; duct tape is silver.

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 14111
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:chit happens, sometimes life isnt fair. im one of the first people who will jump on bvg for making what i think are bad or ridiculous decisions, and thats quite often. sometimes i let stuff slide though, like with this one because i think of all the free stuff they give us, which sometimes includes yc. we get the calendar every month, chances for good prizes even by just half arsing gem challenges, and more, i dont have to buy yc anymore because of the amount of stuff i get for free and can sell. i think back to zynga days, we got the calendar once in a blue moon and never had fancy prizes in it. i just find myself with free stuff coming out my ears these days, so this kind of muck up doesnt burn so bad i suppose. though the lag/loading is almost a constant problem for many one way or another, and this has been coming for a couple of years. i imagine many more problems in future because this game is so bogged down now, and that is a worry

I don't agree.

Loads of us spent YC to fill the bonus bar and should be refunded that money at the very least.

We paid to enter a competition that was not winnable and on that basis, refunds should be awarded IMO.

And why doesn't your 'sometimes, life isn't fair' analogy also apply to the lag?

I think BOTH issues need to be resolved satisfactorily, not just the one I'm not personally affected by.

i agree this was not dealt with well, and i too was one who spent yc to get my full boost, i always do. im just finding so many wrong decisions with this game that i guess from time to time i cant always afford to get myself wound up about it. and this was one of those times. and honestly i am not all that surprised at the outcome. so just feeling a bit apathetic about it all, and as i said, thinking of all the free chit just helps. i certainly dont expect anyone to agree with my feelings on it. i think the excuse about not giving away some free 25yc's is a cop-out, but again not surprised. paying for and entering a non-winnable competition is a very good point that they need to hear, but i guess they will just say "but you won free items from the chests". and yep hopefully going forward the loading wont be a problem so this doesnt happen again, but :quiet:

I hear you Riff and you're right to not let it get to you because if you allow every single thing to get to you with this game, there is zero room left for the enjoyment of it :hug:

One thing that tends to get my dander up, and that's unfairness - in all it's guises.

I didn't expect everyone to receive 25 YC because that's not a solution IMO - there's no way on earth that everyone would have won the cash under normal circumstances.

However, there should have been a revote on the same outfits we'd already submitted and paid cash and coins on, to boot.

They're game developers and this gem thing is their idea, so for once, has nothing whatsoever to do with Zynga. Therefore, it's not unreasonable to expect them to do whatever is necessary to extend the voting on the messed-up challenge and delay the next one by one day.

The other option would be refunds on whatever each of us spent to enter a competition that it was not possible to win.

It's not right that they get to keep the proceeds from all those purchases - not right at all.

o_o

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 7623
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 pm

It's not right that they get to keep the proceeds from all those purchases - not right at all.

o_o[/quote]

nice little win for BVG wasnt it. Thats the part that annoys me, all the yc that players spent on the event was a win for them, didnt cost them a cent in rewards..

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 383
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5867
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Amy Pond (117302962) wrote:It's not right that they get to keep the proceeds from all those purchases - not right at all.

o_o

nice little win for BVG wasnt it. Thats the part that annoys me, all the yc that players spent on the event was a win for them, didnt cost them a cent in rewards..

It's not a win for them, it's a loss. Loss of faith is way more damaging than loss of money.

“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 15606
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Amy Pond (117302962) wrote:It's not right that they get to keep the proceeds from all those purchases - not right at all.

o_o

It's not a win for them, it's a loss. Loss of faith is way more damaging than loss of money.

Just wish they would realise that

Amy Pond (117302962)

Postby JLee (130522000) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Unfortunately, none of our complaints will make a bit of difference to BVG. If they spent half as much time fixing existing issues with the game instead of releasing new items and ways to rip ppl off every day, we would have much less to complain about.
JLee (130522000)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 8
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Willow (13350872) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 pm

I'm just going to chime in here, I don't play the gem event, It's a waste in my opinion but I know what it's like to feel the burn, just felt it not long ago :dizzy: :haha: but I also wanted to say, that I haven't been in game and actually played the game for a long time, up until the last week or so and the game is totally dead, I have never seen it so dead as it is now and people can say, the game is what you make it :haha: :haha: I'm sorry but I can't make it come back to life, only BVG can do that and I hope they do something soon, because it's not lookin so good :quiet: I am an 09 player and I have never seen the game in bad of shape is it is now.
Okie dokie ;)

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15556

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Viking Sarah wrote:Hey everyone!

I am back with an update! Our team considered all of your suggestions on how to address the voting issues, and while we definitely understand how granting perfect scores and YoCash to all players would have been fantastic, we also have to understand that if all entries received YoCash, that would drastically affect the YoWorld economy.

So, we were left stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to come up with a solution that would please everyone, without hurting YoWorld. Therefore, the following has been put in place for the most recent voting and rewards:

• Voting was intentionally ended early during maintenance downtime
  • All participant's scores were set to 4.5, plus any additional rating's boost you may have earned previously
  • Voting reward gems will be granted to all players who have not already received their voting gems for this challenge

We understand that some of you may be less than thrilled with this solution, while others may be ecstatic. This is why we chose to side in the middle as we realized we could not make everyone happy while remaining fair and not impacting the economy.

Please definitely leave your helpful feedback below, or send me a PM or submit a support ticket if you would like to keep your feedback confidential.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding with this situation! :heart:

A do over would have been better and fairer.

If the blank avi phenomenon was caused by a server issue this time - what has been causing it for all the months that it's happened previously?

This is something we brought to your (BVGs) attention from the outset of the Gem Events, together with blackspace decorating - or lack thereof.

We have never once been offered any explanation about either one.

I honestly don't know why anyone would think that giving everyone who filled the bonus bar a 5.3 would be any kind of solution.

Anything that fails to reimburse money spent on entries isn't acceptable to me.

You cannot take people's money for entering a competition they had absolutely zero chance of winning.

all that ^^^ spot on! :thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star: ... and i agree hun, the only fair way would be to do that one again! :hug: :heart:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 15239

Postby Chase (109598274) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Cancelled my VIP membership since I've had since the Zynga days, the value is no longer worth it and this fiasco is just the cherry on top. Will consider re-enrolling if BVG makes it better. :)

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2848
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby judy (220800) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:57 am

i think you need look a little harder as it is still not fixed this is what happened to mine Imageit is my other room

judy (220800)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: May 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 1444
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:51 am

same as Judy, room saved blank and I was transported back to the place I started the challenge... still in edit mode but room submitted, quite possibly with multiple missing items I had used to decorate said challenge room: grr
Just glad i didn't spend more yc , learnt my lesson last challenge fiasco.. might be time to give up on the challenges, seems to me its just throwing yc down the drain.

Amy Pond (117302962)

Postby YOJCatYSTA (129129053) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:50 am

I'm late to this news & normally I never get down right mad or angry to the point of hating my fav game in the world (Yoworld) but this is such crap and I'm so livid reading all these comments in this thread.
I feel it was a sham, no other way to say it cuz we entered a contest to win and in order to win we need to max it out and that ain't cheap what-so-ever......it takes me layering 3 hair(s) and then usually a face or handheld to max it out each time & with soooooooooo many hair releases during this theme, it seems way too fishy to me that this occurred now after doing Gem events for over a year!!!! I'm not a happy Yoworldian today, heck I've not been a happy player for months now & if any vikings actually care & read everyone whom comments in the forums you'd notice my Gold rating keeps dropping more & more each time, it's slowly getting me to the point where I won't care any more which I'd never contemplate in my whole yo existence of ever happening to myself BUT IT IS HAPPENING especially when crap like this happens. One last thing, about the whole yo economy crap, who cares about that, I only care cuz I spent real money to enter a contest I thought would be fair & this was NOT FAIR!! The only way to justify it is to have a repeat since we all already spent our yocash/coins without a fair chance of winning them back!! :shocked: :grr
Yoj Cat Ysta

YOJCatYSTA (129129053)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 117
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Gracie (127997951) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Amy Pond (117302962) wrote:same as Judy, room saved blank and I was transported back to the place I started the challenge... still in edit mode but room submitted, quite possibly with multiple missing items I had used to decorate said challenge room: grr
Just glad i didn't spend more yc , learnt my lesson last challenge fiasco.. might be time to give up on the challenges, seems to me its just throwing yc down the drain.

I thought I was the only one who had this happen this morning. Now I am praying that my event room is correct and not the front of my current home. I feel gutted. The vikings are doing some crazy wicked things. I also felt that the outfit fiasco was a sham, but how to prove it? I really hope it has been fixed because I am giving it a second chance. I spend so much on the challenges to get gems and an occasional cash reward. The quality of the Shabby Chic items this time around is very poor. Different sizes, faded colors and on and on. These were the rejects from that "theme". Hard to make even one room with them.

Gracie (127997951)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 1196
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: With Dr Who in the Tardis traveling in outer space....

Postby YoMama4Real (118544593) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Well, after voting I can assure you (BVG) that the Gem Event is NOT fixed. I came across several rooms that had the avis in them as well as rooms that had the footprints from doing jobs in them. Still glitchy but will you see it or even care. :?:
Image <<~~ Visit me
"Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again!"

YoMama4Real (118544593)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 4345
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Blazzzzed (186396991) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Hello Viking Sarah :)

The only problem or issue I find with the gem/voting thing is that it seems like tooooooooooo many people are getting 5 stars for their rooms and they do absolutely NOTHING to deserve the stars. Most of the time they don't even add the theme required items and they still get 5 stars. And meanwhile players like myself spend real money so that they can create rooms with all the required theme items and get absolutely nothing except for low scores and less gems even if the room is filled with yocash items from the correct theme.

It doesn't seem all that fair to me and I'm sorry for sounding like a complainer but it's just wrong that other people are able to get all of the bonus gems including yocash for having the required stars when they don't do anything to deserve it.

As for the clothing portion of the event, I find that everyone actually does it fairly unless of course it's a new player who doesn't remove the challenge clothes and that's perfectly acceptable. But the rooms are always terrible and yet they get 5 stars!

Isn't there a way you could fix it so that others have to add more items so that the voting will be fair? I just don't understand it and wish someone would just explain it to me because it's so frustrating!

Be kind to yourself and to others. You'll thank yourself for it one day!

Blazzzzed (186396991)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2015

Forum Posts: 123
Forum Title: YoApprentice
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in giant pile of Skittles!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Thank you for posting this update Sarah! :rose:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3720
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 am

I stopped doing the gem event because of all the kinks that were never addressed or fixed. EVERY SINGLE TIME I went to vote I would get the 2 options to vote but one would be empty or one would be gigantic. I also constantly got repeats in the same voting day. All of those problems are completely unfair to those who spent money to decorate. This has been going on since the gem event was started. I figured that it also had to be happening with my room or avatar so why would I bother playing? I also think it is absurd that we have to use a certain amount of items from the current theme as I found it takes away from creativity, too many rooms and especially avatars looked the same. Of course I have posted about this multiple times and never once was it addressed. I honestly don't believe for one second that BVG reads our concerns.
daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 2368
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby JBabe (116939416) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:03 pm

These challenges are complete bogus and no fun anymore. BVG obviously can't get it right and even if there were no glitches, they are a waste of time. Running around for these challenges is stupid and the voting is a joke.
JBabe (116939416)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 48
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Butterfly (111936444) » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Good afternoon :bye: :star: Dearest Vikings :star:

We need to talk about your event(s), please. Since last two times, i'm able to use your new decoration feature system when the Decorating Challenge is ended and the reward revealed, it means when i'm removing my deco from the Room Challenge ; how is it possible that i'm no more able to decorate with both of "old" and new systems while i'm trying to enter to your Decorating Challenge, then ? :nerd:

My inventory didn't download properly these last two times, and i decided to enter the Decorating Challenge (to avoid the AH) so in a way, i was "forced" to buy some new stuff from the Furniture Store etc. to be able to enter ; after sending a ticket and spending respectively 34k100c and two days ago, 62k725c and 6yc to get "only"... 50 gems result o_o (instead of 350 gems), i would like to know why i'm no more able to decorate in your Room Challenges ? :?:

Thank you very much for your understanding, your precious help and your advices.
Regards :rose:
Butterfly (111936444)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 19341
Forum Title: YoAddict

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions