[GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Trinity YBLA (182436289) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:52 pm

I honestly think you should give everyone a one time gift of 25 yc. Just a small token for all the crap we have had to put up with between the loading issues and now the voting too. I am really disappointed because I worked hard on this contest and bought lots of hair n yc items to do a great outfit. Seems really unfair most we can receive is 5.3. Bvg can do so much better than this!!
User avatar

Trinity YBLA (182436289)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 5
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Carly (134478505) wrote:The only fair thing to do would be to open/extend a re-vote on our existing entries so that everyone receives their fair bonus. Anything less is unacceptable. I've spent a lot of YC buying these outfits for the last year!


This would have been the best solution in my opinion as well.

I agree. I think the Vikings aren't taking in the fact that many of us spend actual money to play this game. If I purchased a product at a store and it didn't perform as it should, I would expect to be compensated for that purchase. Please consider doing a revote.
Image
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465
Wish: Animated Electric Guitar HH YMCA2018
User avatar

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3285
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Trinity YBLA (182436289) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:08 pm

I just seen the post about the yo economy falling because of 25 yc omg give me a break :haha: That's barely one hair on the game what is gonna come of 25 yc I spent over 200 or more on all this cyber junk. I spend tons of money on yc and I spend tons of yc to do the gem events so does loads of other players. Not to mention how many yc items are coming out now vs coin stuff. I couldn't believe the amount of yc items in this new theme. Basic cheapo items yc it's getting bad really!!
User avatar

Trinity YBLA (182436289)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 5
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:17 pm

Doodler (10729465) wrote:
Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Carly (134478505) wrote:The only fair thing to do would be to open/extend a re-vote on our existing entries so that everyone receives their fair bonus. Anything less is unacceptable. I've spent a lot of YC buying these outfits for the last year!


This would have been the best solution in my opinion as well.

I agree. I think the Vikings aren't taking in the fact that many of us spend actual money to play this game. If I purchased a product at a store and it didn't perform as it should, I would expect to be compensated for that purchase. Please consider doing a revote.

EXACTLY my thoughts too!

''Our team is currently coming up with a plan of action on how to address the bugs with the current gem event, but we'd like to reassure you that we will make this right, and as soon as possible.''
Well bvg you made it right for you guys thats for sure. How much YC was spent by players for this event? and how much did you give out? We all know the answer to that one dont we . A big fat 0.
financially you did well ey.
Image
User avatar

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 378
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5696
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: OZtraliia , i come from the land downunder,

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Rain (110294179) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:45 pm

Trinity YBLA (182436289) wrote:I honestly think you should give everyone a one time gift of 25 yc. Just a small token for all the crap we have had to put up with between the loading issues and now the voting too. I am really disappointed because I worked hard on this contest and bought lots of hair n yc items to do a great outfit. Seems really unfair most we can receive is 5.3. Bvg can do so much better than this!!


If you read my earlier post, you will see why I very much disagree with this.

Killing the whole Yo economy is not a good solution to a glitch.

I put in an effort on this one too, but that's the way it goes. BVG has come up with a very fair solution that won't kill the whole economy for god-knows how long.

I'm going to be totally blunt here and just say (not just to you): Stop being greedy and asking for the free YC. You and everyone are better off in the long run without that much YC being randomly injected into the game. Is a few YC in your pocket worth crashing the whole Yo economy? I think no. You and everyone else are better off in the long run without it.
Image

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.
User avatar

Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 366
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7676
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: YoWorld

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Mi Lon (129593783) » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:Hi again everyone,

I've been reading through your feedback and concerns, and wanted to add a few more details to help with the reasoning behind our decision:

  • Due to the mechanics of the event system, we unfortunately cannot extend voting or challenge timing

We know this may be disappointing, but hopefully we can all dust off after this week and move forward with challenges behaving as they should. :heart:


Why can you not add an 11th event to this challenge series, and make that the re-do of this failed event? I didn't enter, so it doesn't affect me. But some people spent significant time, effort, and money, on this challenge, and they deserve to have that rewarded appropriately. The current proposed solution really doesn't fairly compensate those who went above and beyond for this challenge event.
User avatar
Mi Lon (129593783)
YoWorld Level: 219
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby OWNER (147448743) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:57 am

Trinity YBLA (182436289) wrote:I just seen the post about the yo economy falling because of 25 yc omg give me a break :haha: That's barely one hair on the game what is gonna come of 25 yc I spent over 200 or more on all this cyber junk. I spend tons of money on yc and I spend tons of yc to do the gem events so does loads of other players. Not to mention how many yc items are coming out now vs coin stuff. I couldn't believe the amount of yc items in this new theme. Basic cheapo items yc it's getting bad really!!

I agree. . I honestly think BVG thinks we are stupid. and like we will all forget about it in a week. I'm still mad about the vday 2018
User avatar
OWNER (147448743)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 28, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Riff (185643699) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:44 am

chit happens, sometimes life isnt fair. im one of the first people who will jump on bvg for making what i think are bad or ridiculous decisions, and thats quite often. sometimes i let stuff slide though, like with this one because i think of all the free stuff they give us, which sometimes includes yc. we get the calendar every month, chances for good prizes even by just half arsing gem challenges, and more, i dont have to buy yc anymore because of the amount of stuff i get for free and can sell. i think back to zynga days, we got the calendar once in a blue moon and never had fancy prizes in it. i just find myself with free stuff coming out my ears these days, so this kind of muck up doesnt burn so bad i suppose. though the lag/loading is almost a constant problem for many one way or another, and this has been coming for a couple of years. i imagine many more problems in future because this game is so bogged down now, and that is a worry
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
User avatar
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 11570
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: under Raffs bed

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 am

Viking Sarah wrote:Hey everyone!

I am back with an update! Our team considered all of your suggestions on how to address the voting issues, and while we definitely understand how granting perfect scores and YoCash to all players would have been fantastic, we also have to understand that if all entries received YoCash, that would drastically affect the YoWorld economy.

So, we were left stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to come up with a solution that would please everyone, without hurting YoWorld. Therefore, the following has been put in place for the most recent voting and rewards:

  • Voting was intentionally ended early during maintenance downtime
  • All participant's scores were set to 4.5, plus any additional rating's boost you may have earned previously
  • Voting reward gems will be granted to all players who have not already received their voting gems for this challenge

We understand that some of you may be less than thrilled with this solution, while others may be ecstatic. This is why we chose to side in the middle as we realized we could not make everyone happy while remaining fair and not impacting the economy.

Please definitely leave your helpful feedback below, or send me a PM or submit a support ticket if you would like to keep your feedback confidential.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding with this situation! :heart:

A do over would have been better and fairer.

If the blank avi phenomenon was caused by a server issue this time - what has been causing it for all the months that it's happened previously?

This is something we brought to your (BVGs) attention from the outset of the Gem Events, together with blackspace decorating - or lack thereof.

We have never once been offered any explanation about either one.

I honestly don't know why anyone would think that giving everyone who filled the bonus bar a 5.3 would be any kind of solution.

Anything that fails to reimburse money spent on entries isn't acceptable to me.

You cannot take people's money for entering a competition they had absolutely zero chance of winning.
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Image
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6799
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby UnluckyYo (115381899) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:42 am

Rain (110294179) wrote:
Trinity YBLA (182436289) wrote:I honestly think you should give everyone a one time gift of 25 yc. Just a small token for all the crap we have had to put up with between the loading issues and now the voting too. I am really disappointed because I worked hard on this contest and bought lots of hair n yc items to do a great outfit. Seems really unfair most we can receive is 5.3. Bvg can do so much better than this!!


If you read my earlier post, you will see why I very much disagree with this.

Killing the whole Yo economy is not a good solution to a glitch.

I put in an effort on this one too, but that's the way it goes. BVG has come up with a very fair solution that won't kill the whole economy for god-knows how long.

I'm going to be totally blunt here and just say (not just to you): Stop being greedy and asking for the free YC. You and everyone are better off in the long run without that much YC being randomly injected into the game. Is a few YC in your pocket worth crashing the whole Yo economy? I think no. You and everyone else are better off in the long run without it.

Listen to you. I don't know you, but I've read many of your posts, and you seem like a nice person, but I feel your completely wrong here. You must be wearing some kind of blinders. 100yc "exclusives", "ultra" rare hairs, daily yc deals and gamble for everything crap has completely ****** the yoconomy, so injecting some yc into the game won't hurt anything! Do you support the game financially? Did you buy yc items to get the .80 boost? If you do purchase yo cash with real money you should see why some players think it's unfair. I spent 46yc and almost an hour of my time to create a nice outfit and get the bonus, and I know other players that spent more money and time, but didn't get a chance to receive the advertised prize. Bvg is a joke, and since they can't bring in new players, they allow players to get away with having alt accounts to bolster their very low daily player count, and they don't want those players collecting free yc! I could care less about possibly missing out on 25yc, and 40 tokens so stop assuming that every player with an opinion different than yours is being greedy! All I know is if bvg wanted to do a better job handling this, (and I don't mean giving every entry free yc) they could've, but they decided to once again take the easy route.
User avatar

UnluckyYo (115381899)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 239
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:49 am

4Eric4 (115381899) wrote:
Rain (110294179) wrote:
Trinity YBLA (182436289) wrote:I honestly think you should give everyone a one time gift of 25 yc. Just a small token for all the crap we have had to put up with between the loading issues and now the voting too. I am really disappointed because I worked hard on this contest and bought lots of hair n yc items to do a great outfit. Seems really unfair most we can receive is 5.3. Bvg can do so much better than this!!


If you read my earlier post, you will see why I very much disagree with this.

Killing the whole Yo economy is not a good solution to a glitch.

I put in an effort on this one too, but that's the way it goes. BVG has come up with a very fair solution that won't kill the whole economy for god-knows how long.

I'm going to be totally blunt here and just say (not just to you): Stop being greedy and asking for the free YC. You and everyone are better off in the long run without that much YC being randomly injected into the game. Is a few YC in your pocket worth crashing the whole Yo economy? I think no. You and everyone else are better off in the long run without it.

Listen to you. I don't know you, but I've read many of your posts, and you seem like a nice person, but I feel your completely wrong here. You must be wearing some kind of blinders. 100yc "exclusives", "ultra" rare hairs, daily yc deals and gamble for everything crap has completely ****** the yoconomy, so injecting some yc into the game won't hurt anything! Do you support the game financially? Did you buy yc items to get the .80 boost? If you do purchase yo cash with real money you should see why some players think it's unfair. I spent 46yc and almost an hour of my time to create a nice outfit and get the bonus, and I know other players that spent more money and time, but didn't get a chance to receive the advertised prize. Bvg is a joke, and since they can't bring in new players, they allow players to get away with having alt accounts to bolster their very low daily player count, and they don't want those players collecting free yc! I could care less about possibly missing out on 25yc, and 40 tokens so stop assuming that every player with an opinion different than yours is being greedy! All I know is if bvg wanted to do a better job handling this, (and I don't mean giving every entry free yc) they could've, but they decided to once again take the easy route.

Very well observed

:star: :trophy: :star:
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Image
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6799
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:57 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:chit happens, sometimes life isnt fair. im one of the first people who will jump on bvg for making what i think are bad or ridiculous decisions, and thats quite often. sometimes i let stuff slide though, like with this one because i think of all the free stuff they give us, which sometimes includes yc. we get the calendar every month, chances for good prizes even by just half arsing gem challenges, and more, i dont have to buy yc anymore because of the amount of stuff i get for free and can sell. i think back to zynga days, we got the calendar once in a blue moon and never had fancy prizes in it. i just find myself with free stuff coming out my ears these days, so this kind of muck up doesnt burn so bad i suppose. though the lag/loading is almost a constant problem for many one way or another, and this has been coming for a couple of years. i imagine many more problems in future because this game is so bogged down now, and that is a worry

I don't agree.

Loads of us spent YC to fill the bonus bar and should be refunded that money at the very least.

We paid to enter a competition that was not winnable and on that basis, refunds should be awarded IMO.

And why doesn't your 'sometimes, life isn't fair' analogy also apply to the lag?

I think BOTH issues need to be resolved satisfactorily, not just the one I'm not personally affected by.
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Image
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6799
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby SUSHIgirl (111646228) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:30 am

OWNER (147448743) wrote:
Trinity YBLA (182436289) wrote:I just seen the post about the yo economy falling because of 25 yc omg give me a break :haha: That's barely one hair on the game what is gonna come of 25 yc I spent over 200 or more on all this cyber junk. I spend tons of money on yc and I spend tons of yc to do the gem events so does loads of other players. Not to mention how many yc items are coming out now vs coin stuff. I couldn't believe the amount of yc items in this new theme. Basic cheapo items yc it's getting bad really!!

I agree. . I honestly think BVG thinks we are stupid. and like we will all forget about it in a week. I'm still mad about the vday 2018

I rate this fiasco up there with Vday for sure. People reported the problem 2 minutes after the voting started...They should have paused/removed the gem event until the main server was fixed and then resumed the event. Knowing full well how desirable the Shabby Chic items are I am sure way more people invested real money and yc into their entries.
Image
User avatar

SUSHIgirl (111646228)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1530
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: back of the bus

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Lee Balony (109806543) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:33 am

Viking Sarah wrote:Hey everyone!

I am back with an update! Our team considered all of your suggestions on how to address the voting issues, and while we definitely understand how granting perfect scores and YoCash to all players would have been fantastic, we also have to understand that if all entries received YoCash, that would drastically affect the YoWorld economy.

So, we were left stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to come up with a solution that would please everyone, without hurting YoWorld. Therefore, the following has been put in place for the most recent voting and rewards:

  • Voting was intentionally ended early during maintenance downtime
  • All participant's scores were set to 4.5, plus any additional rating's boost you may have earned previously
  • Voting reward gems will be granted to all players who have not already received their voting gems for this challenge

We understand that some of you may be less than thrilled with this solution, while others may be ecstatic. This is why we chose to side in the middle as we realized we could not make everyone happy while remaining fair and not impacting the economy.

Please definitely leave your helpful feedback below, or send me a PM or submit a support ticket if you would like to keep your feedback confidential.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding with this situation! :heart:



Think you could edit the first post in your thread to add this there so we dont go rifling through 7 pages to find this
<3 Live ~ Love~ Laugh <3
You can't make everyone happy - you aren't a jar of Nutella.
User avatar
Lee Balony (109806543)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2285
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Canada Eh!

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Amaya (139390344) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:42 am

Toink Toink (117686344) wrote:Everybody 5.8 :haha:

I was just joking.

No that sounds about right. How many people were unable to get votes because of this?
Image
User avatar

Amaya (139390344)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2324
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Amaya (139390344) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:46 am

Amy Pond (117302962) wrote:
Doodler (10729465) wrote:
Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Carly (134478505) wrote:The only fair thing to do would be to open/extend a re-vote on our existing entries so that everyone receives their fair bonus. Anything less is unacceptable. I've spent a lot of YC buying these outfits for the last year!


This would have been the best solution in my opinion as well.

I agree. I think the Vikings aren't taking in the fact that many of us spend actual money to play this game. If I purchased a product at a store and it didn't perform as it should, I would expect to be compensated for that purchase. Please consider doing a revote.

EXACTLY my thoughts too!

''Our team is currently coming up with a plan of action on how to address the bugs with the current gem event, but we'd like to reassure you that we will make this right, and as soon as possible.''
Well bvg you made it right for you guys thats for sure. How much YC was spent by players for this event? and how much did you give out? We all know the answer to that one dont we . A big fat 0.
financially you did well ey.

And that's all we should have realistically expected. 25YC per player that entered would not have broken the yo economy, that's just ridiculous. But that's BVG for you, "make things right" but only to a minimum. I had seriously been considering going back to VIP and paying for the full year up front, i'm definitely not going back at all now.
Image
User avatar

Amaya (139390344)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2324
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:08 am

On the issue of 25 YoCash for everyone killing the yo economy: I don't think it would have such a deep impact.
When the desktop app rewards calendar was introduced we would get some YoCash spread out through the entire month in the first few months.
It would start with 1 YoCash on one day and end with 10 . If I remember correctly it was 1 YoCash, 2 YoCash, 3 YoCash, 4 YoCash, 5 YoCash and 10 YoCash. Adding those together that makes 25 YoCash as well. Did Yoworld collaps because we were give 25 YoCash for a few months? Nope.
With the prices of items and the fast pace of releases, 25 YoCash is what many players spend on a single release day, and then they need to buy their own YoCash to buy the next release. Yesterday I blew over 50 YoCash on hair and pet crates for instance.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
Image
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs
User avatar

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 440
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 27189
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:14 am

Rain (110294179) wrote:
Trinity YBLA (182436289) wrote:I honestly think you should give everyone a one time gift of 25 yc. Just a small token for all the crap we have had to put up with between the loading issues and now the voting too. I am really disappointed because I worked hard on this contest and bought lots of hair n yc items to do a great outfit. Seems really unfair most we can receive is 5.3. Bvg can do so much better than this!!


If you read my earlier post, you will see why I very much disagree with this.

Killing the whole Yo economy is not a good solution to a glitch.

I put in an effort on this one too, but that's the way it goes. BVG has come up with a very fair solution that won't kill the whole economy for god-knows how long.

I'm going to be totally blunt here and just say (not just to you): Stop being greedy and asking for the free YC. and everyone are better off in the long run without that much YC being randomly injected into the game. Is a few YC in your pocket worth crashing the whole Yo economy? I think no. You and everyone else are better off in the long run without it.


Calling people "greedy" for expressing their honest opinion about what they think is the better solution? :eh: That is really uncalled for :sad: If I suggested giving those with 0.8 max the 25YC, it was because I could guess quite a number of people have spent more than 25YC to fill in the 8.0 bonus. Just one hair box costs 9YC and we need 4 hairs to max the 8.0, and that's 36YC already. For them, the 25YC is NOT free. I don't need the 25 YC for myself since I have enough YC at hand and you practically called me "greedy" :dizzy:

“Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think.”

– Buddha


ImageImage
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 397
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 12835
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: The Land of Pots and Kettles.

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:31 am

They've already said the mechanics mean that they couldn't adjust timings to restart the event.

I do agree that the base score we were given should be 5 - but then we'd all moan when they increased store prices because hundreds of people now had 25 YoCash.

In the end, there's always going to be someone who doesn't like their solution.
User avatar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 23819
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Re: [GEM EVENT] Update on Voting Issues (Friday, June 7th)

Postby Riff (185643699) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:31 am

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:chit happens, sometimes life isnt fair. im one of the first people who will jump on bvg for making what i think are bad or ridiculous decisions, and thats quite often. sometimes i let stuff slide though, like with this one because i think of all the free stuff they give us, which sometimes includes yc. we get the calendar every month, chances for good prizes even by just half arsing gem challenges, and more, i dont have to buy yc anymore because of the amount of stuff i get for free and can sell. i think back to zynga days, we got the calendar once in a blue moon and never had fancy prizes in it. i just find myself with free stuff coming out my ears these days, so this kind of muck up doesnt burn so bad i suppose. though the lag/loading is almost a constant problem for many one way or another, and this has been coming for a couple of years. i imagine many more problems in future because this game is so bogged down now, and that is a worry

I don't agree.

Loads of us spent YC to fill the bonus bar and should be refunded that money at the very least.

We paid to enter a competition that was not winnable and on that basis, refunds should be awarded IMO.

And why doesn't your 'sometimes, life isn't fair' analogy also apply to the lag?

I think BOTH issues need to be resolved satisfactorily, not just the one I'm not personally affected by.

i agree this was not dealt with well, and i too was one who spent yc to get my full boost, i always do. im just finding so many wrong decisions with this game that i guess from time to time i cant always afford to get myself wound up about it. and this was one of those times. and honestly i am not all that surprised at the outcome. so just feeling a bit apathetic about it all, and as i said, thinking of all the free chit just helps. i certainly dont expect anyone to agree with my feelings on it. i think the excuse about not giving away some free 25yc's is a cop-out, but again not surprised. paying for and entering a non-winnable competition is a very good point that they need to hear, but i guess they will just say "but you won free items from the chests". and yep hopefully going forward the loading wont be a problem so this doesnt happen again, but :quiet:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
User avatar
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 11570
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: under Raffs bed

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions