[FEEDBACK] CC2019: Cyberpunk City (Thursday, June 13th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] CC2019: Cyberpunk City (Tuesday, June 11th)

Postby SL iAdoreMe (181744605) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:08 am

SO again we get no vip clothes just a piece of furn?? :yawn:

SL iAdoreMe (181744605)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 15, 2012

Forum Posts: 891
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [FEEDBACK] CC2019: Cyberpunk City (Wednesday, June 12th)

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:36 am

WOW!!!! Even though I have passed up most of this theme...that Arcade Pod Chair is a MUST HAVE!! :shocked: It is a pretty awesome finale item! :heart: :drool:

Huge Kudos to the design artist !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18412
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby SnortyIsEvil (3054329) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:58 am

Is the arcade pod chair a forever animation? I was lagging a bit I think but it seemed to never end and I finally clicked out. Its pretty awesome. I dont know if anyone played the old Buck Rogers in the 21st Century game on Commadore(mine was on a tape that i had to turn over when I got far enough along!) but It put me in mind of that... of course time has dulled my memory, so its probably nothing like that! :D
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

SnortyIsEvil (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10826
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby SnortyIsEvil (3054329) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:09 am

Well since this is pretty much it for furniture, I hope the designers know they knocked this one out, at least to me. I knew nothing about cyberpunk so I had no real preconceived notions of what it should be. It seems as if the ones who did know and were really campaigning for a theme like this have been happy too. Its an expensive theme, but I feel that the items were worth the money for the most part. I wont pay 8yc for npc's, no matter how much I want them, but most of the rest, I can see why the yc price tag. Its been a theme that challenged me to go outside my comfort zone which is more LOTR than Blade Runner. I have enjoyed it all.
The only thing I would have liked to see is a solid black, wall to wall room. I would have loved to play with all the lights in a solid black room. I know we have space tiles but not quite the same.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.

SnortyIsEvil (3054329)

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am

Love today's releases! The Interactive Arcade Pod is amazing, beautiful animation!
Also really liked the energy shield handheld, it's pretty unique, will have to buy all colors :D

Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 9018
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: L̷̥̦͋o̷̭̹̫̿ș̸̭̦̈̎ṯ̶͑͒͝ ̸̬͔̋̍͝I̴͚̖̔̇n̸͙͊̊̉ ̵̹̪͖̕͠Ṭ̴́h̸̛͉̄̈́͜e̸̲̹̅͐͗ ̴̠̟͚̔͑Ê̸͍̗c̸̢͎̳̑h̴̟́̌̚o̴̯͘

Postby May (110044468) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 am

Love all the subway furniture :thumbsup: Depth, variety, a full theme. TY!
The officer clothes are great! Very pleased with this theme. Will still be decorating these rooms even after the releases end. Well done! :D
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 2423
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:48 am

My strong suggestion (actually it's more of a necessity) is that you decorate all of your subway room BEFORE you place the train, or you won't be able to move anything but the train every time you try.
Thank you for Police outfits -- they are well done & I also like the shields. It's nice to have some balance amidst all the anarchist and hacktivist outfits.

I'm also VERY disappointed in the complete lack of VIP clothing and hairs. It would have been nice to have one classy, dressed-up outfit for this theme. (Not that VIP has to be upscale, but it should be something unique.)
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 12028

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Love today releases but have a question about the chair, is it an exclusive :?: I saw it as a pop-up, but I don't see it in the store, wanted to put it off until later, and concentrate a bit on the gem event. However I do not want to miss out on buying the chair, You could almost put it in a room of its own, it's pretty amazing as has been this whole theme. :party: :party: :party: Don't know what you are going to follow this with but can't wait :heart: :heart: Oh yeah and thank you for not putting the subway train in as a cash exclusive, I was sure you would but I am pleasantly surprised. Again can you answer the question about the chair? :eh: :eh:
Better to be infamous than not famous at all...Roger Stone d=h83636232

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 1215
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Always (112546669) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Hello!

Are we gonna get the haberdasher hat thing? :?:
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 10381

Postby SUSHigirl (111646228) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Great release but I am not loving the layering on some of these items. The light streaks do not layer under the train like a carpet would and the security bot will not go over the train so will have to use these somewhere else. Thank you for making this the best theme in yrs! :drink: :balloon: :heart:

ps vip was a disappointment this round....the animated chest piece still does not show up like it should and the boxy overpriced stone thingy well nuff said.
Last edited by SUSHigirl (111646228) on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SUSHigirl (111646228)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 1628
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby SnortyIsEvil (3054329) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Meadow (152618059) wrote:Love today releases but have a question about the chair, is it an exclusive :?: I saw it as a pop-up, but I don't see it in the store, wanted to put it off until later, and concentrate a bit on the gem event. However I do not want to miss out on buying the chair, You could almost put it in a room of its own, it's pretty amazing as has been this whole theme. :party: :party: :party: Don't know what you are going to follow this with but can't wait :heart: :heart: Oh yeah and thank you for not putting the subway train in as a cash exclusive, I was sure you would but I am pleasantly surprised. Again can you answer the question about the chair? :eh: :eh:

Look in the studio apartment category. I am sure i found it there!

SnortyIsEvil (3054329)

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 pm

interactive pod chair.. well ... its unique and different that's for sure.
i'm not sure if i like it (mainly because of lag) but i'm pretty sure a lot of people will love it.

officer outfit pack is pretty good!, the helmet handheld is awesome.
it would have been amazing if it was available in different rich colors such
as purple, pink, lime etc.

the trooper outfit pack is good, its just not for me.

overall its a good release. :D :thumbsup:
taffywrap (187749182)
YoWorld Level: 64
YoWorld Start Date: May 26, 2019

Forum Posts: 620

Postby Viking Sarah » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far!

I just wanted to pop in with a quick note about the Interactive Arcade Pod that was released today, along with similar items that cover your entire Yo game screen.

Due to the way YoWorld layering works, it's been quite the challenge creating full-room items and have them layer properly, either over or under, all other items that could potentially be placed in the same room. We know it's not the most ideal solution, but some players have found that if you decorate your room completely before adding in any larger items, this may help to mitigate potential layering issues.

With all of this said, I'm happy to let you know that our team will be investigating this current predicament to see if anything can be done to fix any previously released items, along with creating a template to use for any future items. This isn't something that will be done over night, but I will definitely update when the time comes!

:heart:

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 310

Forum Posts: 660
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Wet Spot (126579776) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:26 pm

I almost posted a few times, but I alas I am ignorant of a few details that would allow me to understand the flaw. My best guess is that the "pop up" from the pod or the window is set to layer exactly like the pod or the window layer. This would explain why the items seem to randomly show up in front of the pop ups. The fix is simple. The pop up needs to show as "layer 1" to force it to the front of EVERYTHING while the window and the pod need to retain their respective layer designations.

But there's a couple of details I am assuming here, so I could be wrong. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it'll get you the right ones. - John Lennon
Wet Spot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35175
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby May (110044468) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:Thanks everyone for your feedback so far!

I just wanted to pop in with a quick note about the Interactive Arcade Pod that was released today, along with similar items that cover your entire Yo game screen.

Due to the way YoWorld layering works, it's been quite the challenge creating full-room items and have them layer properly, either over or under, all other items that could potentially be placed in the same room. We know it's not the most ideal solution, but some players have found that if you decorate your room completely before adding in any larger items, this may help to mitigate potential layering issues.

With all of this said, I'm happy to let you know that our team will be investigating this current predicament to see if anything can be done to fix any previously released items, along with creating a template to use for any future items. This isn't something that will be done over night, but I will definitely update when the time comes!

Thanks Sarah,

A good place for them to start is to look at the old interactive arcade games (YoWorld Playable Arcade Game TE2016 or the old 80s arcade flower power or 80s arcade snow panic). Those had pop ups that went over everything and were even interactive to where you could play the arcade game. You can see them here to see how they interact within a room. https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82019642

"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 2423
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm

Thank you for this theme.
I've been following Anthony's Steampunk genre suggestions for all the years he posted. And was so happy to see it roll out.
You Vikings did this theme up right too. I did not think you could ever top Deep Space Distopian, but indeed you have

Applause Applause Applause

My feedback is:
THIS THEME WAS TOO SHORT! I wish you had extended the length, and possibly the size of the home.
a theme like this, that's been asked for by so many for such a long time should not be limited to only a 2 week time period.
I would have loved this theme to be a month long, and have you make another 2 week's worth of room decorations and clothing.
With a theme like this you hope the fun never ends.

But of course on your scheduled theme roll outs it does.

And just like that
the mechanical bird leapt into the air
His glimmering metallic wings opened wide
taking flight for far off regions, somewhere out there.

And please consider extending the length of these more well loved themes.
Last edited by DANDELIONWINE (122607870) on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 5736
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby DANDELIONWINE (122607870) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:Thanks everyone for your feedback so far!

Thank you Viking Sarah.
This is most wonderful news.
♫ All you need is Love ♫
♫ Love is all you need ♫

DANDELIONWINE (122607870)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 5736
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

So this theme came to the end...

It was good, different and fun! Great job creators :thumbsup:

It made me happy to see a lot people enjoying this theme, even people like me who don't know much about cyberpunk. :angel:

Not everyone liked it, but hey, we already know that not everyone can be pleased with every theme. :)

I am looking forward to see more themes which are not repeat of old ones, :thumbsup: :heart:
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 11717

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:43 pm

I'm so glad to see this theme go

Whatever you hear about me, please believe it. I no longer have the time to explain myself.
You can also add some if you want.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 13804
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby taffywrap (187749182) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:I'm so glad to see this theme go

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
taffywrap (187749182)
YoWorld Level: 64
YoWorld Start Date: May 26, 2019

Forum Posts: 620

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions