Why Is The Number Of Online Players Declining?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Why Is The Number Of Online Players Declining?

Postby LadyJaJaZ XXX (152320506) » Tue May 28, 2019 9:03 am

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Waxed Noodle (126579776) wrote:Summer
Holidays
Outside

The decline happens every single year around the start of June and continues until fall with spikes related to content. . :thumbsup:

Ewwwww not that torture LOL!

It actually is torture here :haha: I'm not a fan of summer at all, but even worse it's been storming every. damn. day.

Torture here for me too, but that's boring medical BS. I am anxiously awaiting winter and it's snow and cold again LOL! Hope your weather gets better soon and you can enjoy some of your summer.

I hate summer for the same reasons - boring medical stuff! Used to live for summer but not anymore. I don't love snow, but I SO prefer winter over summer. :heart:

Well I love snow as long as I don't have to drive anywhere. If I have to drive, it suckeths LOL!

I am in Michigan. We live for our winters with snow as we are snowmobilers & ice fishing fools...but, when summer comes at the end of May here, we spend most of my time outside doing many more things. More fishing, more boating, more traveling, more walking, bicycling, more in the yard with my beautiful perennials and by the pool reading. It doesn't last long here.
ImageImage

We're all mature, until someone pulls out some bubble wrap!!!

LadyJaJaZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 5549
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

Noel Gambino (150416950) wrote:I can remember back when we use to wait for the new $$Deals to come out, to spend money.. there were auctions running 24/7 with real glamour, friendship, fun... There were games that featured everything from truth or dare, to D/s rooms, pageants, level rooms, tic tac toe rooms.. Yo dealers had to compete for customer's and couldn't wait to be the first to feature each new week's items.. We actually looked forward to spending our hard earned money. BVG, you can create that same atmosphere if you will actually listen to people who have been here and implement some needed changes. No one wants to lose their inventory, everything we've collected for years..we all want to play still and miss the old days.. Just my two cents, but I hope you will actually listen to what made this place work and start implementing those ideas.

Agreed. :thumbsup:
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 5098

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Tue May 28, 2019 9:52 am

I'll play when this theme is over, it's been a long time :sleeping:

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9156
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Tue May 28, 2019 9:58 am

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:I'll play when this theme is over, it's been a long time :sleeping:

Not going to lie this theme has been kinda boring, for being a pageant addict lol
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:01 am

Noel Gambino (150416950) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:Two years ago (maybe less) YoWorld was being featured as a top game and in the span of a month there was plenty of signups, the problem is none of them stuck around. This game has potential when you're a "Classic" YW player, you're established, you have your friends, your large inventory and so on, but to a new player building up their account is a daunting effort especially with many broken features that are supposed to help the less fortunate players, most of us put up with the lag because we are invested in this game, a new player won't put up with any of this and will just delete their account and flee.

That is another issue many players refuse to acknowledge, unfortunately. Some would even go as far as to argue against you on everything you just said.

It is hard for new players to get a start in this game. When they arrive and see just how daunting it is to make it as far as some of us older players have. We often forget that because of their levels and the number of friends/neighbors they have, means that they earn way less than we do. The payout to our daily login bonuses varies by what level you are currently on for the most part. Attention spans are not as long as they were 10 years ago, and new players can't benefit from the artificial inflation all of our items experienced in the past.

I get that but it was always that way.. new players coming in.. the difference is, those of us who spent a small fortune in real cash and were Yo Dealers helped those noobies come along and get things they otherwise couldn't afford. I am also one who gave away so much stuff to new players, continuously.. Now that this game holds no real interest for the old timers who spent $$$$$$$ A LOT OF MONEY won't bother to waste it here now. The graphics are horrible, never any true themes that we love.. We've begged for a Mafia theme.. what we got was half of a joke once.. If this company would put money in to a talented designer with real time experience, this game could make a comeback. Until then, I won't spent real $$$$.. I'm waiting and watching.. we all want to come back...

Thanks to artificial inflation of YoCoins, however, newer players today probably have to spend twice, if not three to four times what we would have had to spend in years prior.

I do agree that graphics are not the best that they can be. Have you seen the map recently? Most of those rooms are as old as the game itself, they're off-scale. The sign over the beach still says "YoVille Beach" for the love of stars. The Realtor Office looks like a damn doll house it's so small. A lot of the map also looks outdated. You can tell. If I was a new player coming in today and saw the map, I'd be able to tell these rooms haven't been updated in a long time. People know what an old game looks like. Today, people go for the pretty, crisp clean looking games with shiny crisp looking environments. YoWorld, doesn't have that.

The beach would seem like an obvious hangout spot on the map, no? Well unless there is a gem event going on there, it's always empty. I bet if the entire beach became one big scrollable room, with realistic textures and crisp sand and water (that we can actually enter) with some hammocks or logs we can sit on and a nice big fire to sit around, that place will help spread activity throughout the map rather than having it all concentrated on the Alton Towers or Sky Nightclub. But I guess their environment artist has had their plate full.

:sad:

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732

Postby Willow (13350872) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 am

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:i hope ya'll feel so much better getting all of that out of you. when yo closes down ya'll won't worry about daily player numbers.

So you think, everyone should be happy with everything and never give any negative feedback? :eh: I wonder how that'd work?
Okie dokie ;)

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15516
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:19 am

Noel Gambino (150416950) wrote:I get that but it was always that way.. new players coming in.. the difference is, those of us who spent a small fortune in real cash and were Yo Dealers helped those noobies come along and get things they otherwise couldn't afford. I am also one who gave away so much stuff to new players, continuously.. Now that this game holds no real interest for the old timers who spent $$$$$$$ A LOT OF MONEY won't bother to waste it here now. The graphics are horrible, never any true themes that we love.. We've begged for a Mafia theme.. what we got was half of a joke once.. If this company would put money in to a talented designer with real time experience, this game could make a comeback. Until then, I won't spent real $$$$.. I'm waiting and watching.. we all want to come back...

Horrible graphics? The game has better quality than it did back in the day. It does have issues some days, but BVG stays on it pretty good. We beg for themes all the time, not just mafia. BVG takes requests, sends us surveys, allows us to contribute content ideas for the themes, and then rolls them out. And you just implied BVG has a bunch of no talent designers......people get banned for that in here. I think they do pretty good work all the time, but I also see room for improvement with some items at times as well. "Real time" experience? What the hell is that? If a graphic artist has done one commercial game item, then that is considered "real time" experience.

This game has made a fine come back from Zynga's mismanagement. Tons of players are having fun every day with each iterative new theme. Some themes don't catch everyone's attention, but many enjoy the changes each new idea brings. So while some players stay mired in good memories of days in Yo gone by, other players focus on making new ones and enjoy the game in spite of the way it has changed. And while remembering the past is certainly acceptable, allowing it to ruin our opportunities to enjoy the present is not. There's still plenty of fun to be found, and there's no rule stopping anyone from trying to create their own. But I guess spending time pining for days colored with rose tinted glasses is just easier. I remember the horrendous problems this game had under Zynga. Freezing, item thefts, lag, game flaws, broken items, etc etc. This game sucked at times under them. It is a lot better now.

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it becomes accepted by a majority.

~ Rick Warren
Full Package (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 36246
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:22 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:i hope ya'll feel so much better getting all of that out of you. when yo closes down ya'll won't worry about daily player numbers.

So you think, everyone should be happy with everything and never give any negative feedback? :eh: I wonder how that'd work?

Not well. Giving them a false sense of success when they've actually failed at something would lead to more failure. I would hope being critical about specific things BVG has done is still valued? Otherwise I'm in big trouble.

:haha:

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it becomes accepted by a majority.

~ Rick Warren
Full Package (126579776)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:25 am

Malicious (126579776) wrote:
Noel Gambino (150416950) wrote:I get that but it was always that way.. new players coming in.. the difference is, those of us who spent a small fortune in real cash and were Yo Dealers helped those noobies come along and get things they otherwise couldn't afford. I am also one who gave away so much stuff to new players, continuously.. Now that this game holds no real interest for the old timers who spent $$$$$$$ A LOT OF MONEY won't bother to waste it here now. The graphics are horrible, never any true themes that we love.. We've begged for a Mafia theme.. what we got was half of a joke once.. If this company would put money in to a talented designer with real time experience, this game could make a comeback. Until then, I won't spent real $$$$.. I'm waiting and watching.. we all want to come back...

Horrible graphics? The game has better quality than it did back in the day. It does have issues some days, but BVG stays on it pretty good. We beg for themes all the time, not just mafia. BVG takes requests, sends us surveys, allows us to contribute content ideas for the themes, and then rolls them out. And you just implied BVG has a bunch of no talent designers......people get banned for that in here. I think they do pretty good work all the time, but I also see room for improvement with some items at times as well. "Real time" experience? What the hell is that? If a graphic artist has done one commercial game item, then that is considered "real time" experience.

This game has made a fine come back from Zynga's mismanagement. Tons of players are having fun every day with each iterative new theme. Some themes don't catch everyone's attention, but many enjoy the changes each new idea brings. So while some players stay mired in good memories of days in Yo gone by, other players focus on making new ones and enjoy the game in spite of the way it has changed. And while remembering the past is certainly acceptable, allowing it to ruin our opportunities to enjoy the present is not. There's still plenty of fun to be found, and there's no rule stopping anyone from trying to create their own. But I guess spending time pining for days colored with rose tinted glasses is just easier. I remember the horrendous problems this game had under Zynga. Freezing, item thefts, lag, game flaws, broken items, etc etc. This game sucked at times under them. It is a lot better now.

I do agree with this also. In terms of items and homes, I love their delivery. I love the realism. I love the quality they deliver with items and homes.

Having never updated the map though, that's a different story for me. :haha:

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:38 am

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:I am in Michigan. We live for our winters with snow as we are snowmobilers & ice fishing fools...but, when summer comes at the end of May here, we spend most of my time outside doing many more things. More fishing, more boating, more traveling, more walking, bicycling, more in the yard with my beautiful perennials and by the pool reading. It doesn't last long here.

you made me dizzy with that list. Wish I had that energy LOL! You all have some amazing lakes to play in though.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 4145
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Willow (13350872) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:40 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:

Not well. Giving them a false sense of success when they've actually failed at something would lead to more failure. I would hope being critical about specific things BVG has done is still valued? Otherwise I'm in big trouble.

:haha:

:haha: :haha: dooms day for sure :haha: and I know, I have not been happy with things in game but that's only because, I want to play it again and be happy while doing so :smug: but with this last update, I have been waiting for something like this forever and a day :D and it'll make my yolife easier, at least I hope :haha: I want to get my stuff together and try selling again, so I'll be trying that soon and the whether doesn't have much to do with me playing or not, because I'll mainly play at night but if I start playing again like I use too, I hope the game picks up, or there won't be anyone to sell to :wailing: :wailing: :silly:
Okie dokie ;)

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15516

Postby Kio (185180932) » Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 am

The success or failure of Yo has always been a topic of discussion or even controversy here. And one that varies. Some are content with what it is, others would like to put their money where the vision of a utopian game is. None are wholly wrong or right. There is always room for improvement, and there is always the happiness of a refreshed mind to play how best pleases one. I hope you all get what you want , & can at least find fun in the meantime.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 11260
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:11 am

I have learned to ignore the posts of those who can only praise, and those who can only criticize. :silly:

“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 15565

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:15 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:I have learned to ignore the posts of those who can only praise, and those who can only criticize. :silly:

Wisdom^^^^^^

Once a player establishes that all they own is tinted glasses one way or another, their feedback becomes unreliable. My favorite release feedback posts always say "I like this and that but I found this and this to be lacking". Criticism and praise go hand in hand when being honest. I call them "Eeyore" and "Tigger" syndrome. The sky is not always stormy, nor is it always sunny.

:smug:

~ Rick Warren
Full Package (126579776)

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:31 am

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Waxed Noodle (126579776) wrote:Summer
Holidays
Outside

The decline happens every single year around the start of June and continues until fall with spikes related to content. . :thumbsup:

Ewwwww not that torture LOL!

It actually is torture here :haha: I'm not a fan of summer at all, but even worse it's been storming every. damn. day.

Torture here for me too, but that's boring medical BS. I am anxiously awaiting winter and it's snow and cold again LOL! Hope your weather gets better soon and you can enjoy some of your summer.

I hate summer for the same reasons - boring medical stuff! Used to live for summer but not anymore. I don't love snow, but I SO prefer winter over summer. :heart:

Well I love snow as long as I don't have to drive anywhere. If I have to drive, it suckeths LOL!

I am in Michigan. We live for our winters with snow as we are snowmobilers & ice fishing fools...but, when summer comes at the end of May here, we spend most of my time outside doing many more things. More fishing, more boating, more traveling, more walking, bicycling, more in the yard with my beautiful perennials and by the pool reading. It doesn't last long here.

I'm in Michigan too! Really, really wet spring.... :grr
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 9403

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:48 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:I have learned to ignore the posts of those who can only praise, and those who can only criticize. :silly:

Wisdom^^^^^^

Once a player establishes that all they own is tinted glasses one way or another, their feedback becomes unreliable. My favorite release feedback posts always say "I like this and that but I found this and this to be lacking". Criticism and praise go hand in hand when being honest. I call them "Eeyore" and "Tigger" syndrome. The sky is not always stormy, nor is it always sunny.

This post is a red flag... it's not to seek attention. Also, replying to it isn't "ignoring" it.
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:51 am

NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:

Wisdom^^^^^^

This post is a red flag... it's not to seek attention.

I know Noah. You love Yo. My apologies if it seemed as if I singled you out with that post. We do have some people who NEVER say anything good about Yo. I have no idea why they are still here, but they are.

:eh: :?:

~ Rick Warren
Full Package (126579776)

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Tue May 28, 2019 11:53 am

Wisdom^^^^^^

I know Noah. You love Yo. My apologies if it seemed as if I singled you out with that post. We do have some people who NEVER say anything good about Yo. I have no idea why they are still here, but they are.

My negativity is just worry. If Yoworld isn't doing as good as it's been said throughout this thread with people finding alternatives, how much longer with Yoworld be around?
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby Full Package (126579776) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Wisdom^^^^^^

My negativity is just worry. If Yoworld isn't doing as good as it's been said throughout this thread with people finding alternatives, how much longer with Yoworld be around?

Ah my friend, life is full of the "what ifs". Age has taught me that worrying about things we cannot control is a waste of good worry. Yo has been an enjoyable part of all of lives for a while now. I imagine it is doing just fine, but the risk that it isn't always exists. We each view Yo through a single set of eyes. And we become jaded and frustrated when the players we see and know seem to be disappointed in Yo. It affects our view. But our view and that of the players we know is just a sliver of Yo. They are not the Yoverse. The entirety of the game cannot be assessed by any one player's feelings.

For example. I am still severely frustrated with the gem events. They bother me unlike anything else ever has in here. But I have buddies who LOVE the damn things. They cannot WAIT for the next round of items and they spend like lunatics to get at it all. I'm not kidding when I say they will go through a couple hundred dollars a month on gem stuff. Why should BVG listen to me when those players will spend ANYTHING to get that stuff? The moral of the story is that while something might tick us off as a player, other players probably love it or it would go away.

Anyhoo, I hope you find all the fun you want in here. :thumbsup: :hug:

~ Rick Warren
Full Package (126579776)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Wisdom^^^^^^

This post is a red flag... it's not to seek attention. Also, replying to it isn't "ignoring" it.

Huh? I have seen you posting good things about Yo. I still remember your very long post last year, and I remember praising you for that post. And the fact that I bother to post a few times in this thread can only mean that I did not consider you to be ALWAYS negative.

“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 15565

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions