Why Is The Number Of Online Players Declining?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Why Is The Number Of Online Players Declining?

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Waxed Noodle (126579776) wrote:Summer
Holidays
Outside

The decline happens every single year around the start of June and continues until fall with spikes related to content. . :thumbsup:

Ewwwww not that torture LOL!

It actually is torture here :haha: I'm not a fan of summer at all, but even worse it's been storming every. damn. day.

Torture here for me too, but that's boring medical BS. I am anxiously awaiting winter and it's snow and cold again LOL! Hope your weather gets better soon and you can enjoy some of your summer.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 4145
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Holidays
Outside

The decline happens every single year around the start of June and continues until fall with spikes related to content. . :thumbsup:

It actually is torture here :haha: I'm not a fan of summer at all, but even worse it's been storming every. damn. day.

Torture here for me too, but that's boring medical BS. I am anxiously awaiting winter and it's snow and cold again LOL! Hope your weather gets better soon and you can enjoy some of your summer.

I hate summer for the same reasons - boring medical stuff! Used to live for summer but not anymore. I don't love snow, but I SO prefer winter over summer. :heart:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17274
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon May 27, 2019 9:30 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Holidays
Outside

I hate summer for the same reasons - boring medical stuff! Used to live for summer but not anymore. I don't love snow, but I SO prefer winter over summer. :heart:

Well I love snow as long as I don't have to drive anywhere. If I have to drive, it suckeths LOL!
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 4145
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Donna RPA (187499423) » Mon May 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Noah and I used to go to pageants on a daily basis. I'd watch while he played. Now you're lucky if you see any pageants anymore. He tried getting me into color pageants but the only time you see a pageant is if a beginner is hosting and misspells "Pageant." Color pageants are nonexistent in this game, pretty much extinct.
Donna RPA (187499423)
YoWorld Level: 54
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2017

Forum Posts: 55
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby CyberPunK (187030201) » Mon May 27, 2019 10:18 pm

Two years ago (maybe less) YoWorld was being featured as a top game and in the span of a month there was plenty of signups, the problem is none of them stuck around. This game has potential when you're a "Classic" YW player, you're established, you have your friends, your large inventory and so on, but to a new player building up their account is a daunting effort especially with many broken features that are supposed to help the less fortunate players, most of us put up with the lag because we are invested in this game, a new player won't put up with any of this and will just delete their account and flee.
"We have this giant thermonuclear reactor up in the sky, called the Sun. It's great, shows up every day, very reliable." - Elon Musk
CyberPunK (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8307
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Jade (136873125) » Mon May 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:Two years ago (maybe less) YoWorld was being featured as a top game and in the span of a month there was plenty of signups, the problem is none of them stuck around. This game has potential when you're a "Classic" YW player, you're established, you have your friends, your large inventory and so on, but to a new player building up their account is a daunting effort especially with many broken features that are supposed to help the less fortunate players, most of us put up with the lag because we are invested in this game, a new player won't put up with any of this and will just delete their account and flee.

I agree! They have been their own worst enemy in getting new player's onboard, as they have made it way too difficult for the new player's to get anywhere in this game! If I were a new player with these damned Gem Events I certainly wouldn't stick around and be playing!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 2010
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Mon May 27, 2019 11:02 pm

Isn't it coming into warmer weather, for me its the opposite but I see the same pattern most years.

FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 9082

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon May 27, 2019 11:05 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:Two years ago (maybe less) YoWorld was being featured as a top game and in the span of a month there was plenty of signups, the problem is none of them stuck around. This game has potential when you're a "Classic" YW player, you're established, you have your friends, your large inventory and so on, but to a new player building up their account is a daunting effort especially with many broken features that are supposed to help the less fortunate players, most of us put up with the lag because we are invested in this game, a new player won't put up with any of this and will just delete their account and flee.

That is another issue many players refuse to acknowledge, unfortunately. Some would even go as far as to argue against you on everything you just said.

It is hard for new players to get a start in this game. When they arrive and see just how daunting it is to make it as far as some of us older players have. We often forget that because of their levels and the number of friends/neighbors they have, means that they earn way less than we do. The payout to our daily login bonuses varies by what level you are currently on for the most part. Attention spans are not as long as they were 10 years ago, and new players can't benefit from the artificial inflation all of our items experienced in the past.

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732

Postby CCDawn (186134881) » Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 pm

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:Well for me, who hasn't been on much in the last month or so...it's spring, I'm busy outdoors. I have a hundred other things I enjoy doing rather than be inside on a computer. I love my Yo, but love being with friends and outdoors more. I play more in the fall and winter months.

Oh, just admit it, you're out on your bike :haha: :silly: :hug:

I know! :haha: Heading out in June for 9 days with several friends into Canada on a road trip! :hug:

Awsome!!! Have fun BykaChic, can't wait to see your photos! :hug:
I'm already outside with the grandkids, gardening with the hubby, working on projects and traveling to the bay area to see mom during all this great weather. Who wants to sit inside with the sun shining and it's 80 out! Yo is fun, but Life is good and I love to live it! :D :party: :love: :heart:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. :heart:
CCDawn (186134881)
YoWorld Level: 222
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 19, 2015

Forum Posts: 47

Postby xXMsRianxoXx (162777850) » Mon May 27, 2019 11:35 pm

even though it's Summer... it's 11:30PM on the East Coast & theres still 2,186k people online.... ending this I just checked there's 2,159k since I typed the beginning lol.... no idea what is happening :eh:

*I must add.... go to map & watch for yourself.... the number jumps up then straight back down
xXMsRianxoXx (162777850)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 16, 2010

Forum Posts: 226
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby YFxLxLyndaxSL (162958115) » Mon May 27, 2019 11:53 pm

I agree with all that was said. I am so sick n tired of the game and the Gem game is so annoying, They dont give great items anyway, so why bother. It lags badly when u r trying to decorate the gem room or trying to dress the avi in the gem game. I have about given that up in the game. I dont come on anymore, just a few hrs a day, to collect gifts and coins. We have lost some of our older, from yrs ago, players. The game has no incentive for people to get on and play. Why bother even to post in the forum, no one is reading it except some players, no one from BVG. Man they have run this game i n to the ground. Thanks guys, Try advertising, well thats it for me.
YFxLxLyndaxSL (162958115)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 18, 2010

Forum Posts: 96

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:07 am

Malicious (126579776) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Waxed Noodle (126579776) wrote:
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:
Holidays
Outside

This is something that extends beyond holidays. This is a problem that has been going on for years. The game at its peak had 10M monthly users and now it's being driven through the tubes because of the lag, and way the game is being managed. There's no advertising to bring people back or bring new players on.

The game never had 10 million people playing it, or the 19.1 million that Zynga reported when Yo was at its zenith. It had 19.1M unique FB accounts that accessed the game in 2010, but the number of alts was astounding. There were players farming coins and yo cash with hundreds of accounts. Coin selling was paying the phone bills, alcohol, and cigarette habits of many people.

People come and go on Yo all day long. To maintain an active community of 2-3k online at any time is pretty substantial. Many games would kill for that big of a number. And a lot of players are spenders, which is very unusual for online games. Yo has a ton of stuff going for it, no matter how badly any one of us feels about it at any given moment.

:thumbsup:

This :thumbsup: Well-said, Rod.
I was wondering who this was, until I saw your location :haha:

when i read the name Waxed Noodle i instantly thought 'that's Rod' :haha: :haha:

I am gullible :haha: :haha: :silly:

Me too :silly:

I hope we will be less gullible when we grow up! :shocked:

“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 15565

Postby sue twoPLUSH (113201761) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:57 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:I haven't seen the number of players go above 3,000 for the past 4 days... actually, it's far away from it. I'm lucky enough to see maybe 2,800 people online... Are people just losing interest?

I'm losing Interest and it's all due to those damned Gem Events and the problems they cause with lagging the game! I can hardly decorate now! Before those events started I had NO ISSUES WITH LAG and I could decorate a room with ease and in no time! I can't do that anymore! Decorating is the most integral part of this game and it is more of a nightmare now!

I agree with you!!!!! I want the old game back....!!!!!!

sue twoPLUSH (113201761)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 11712
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Noel Gambino (150416950) » Tue May 28, 2019 1:40 am

MsRianMWM xo (162777850) wrote:Honestly, myself.... I'm loosing interest & I find it sad.... because I use to love playing.... but anymore it's very very...boring? :yawn: :sad:

I feel you, completely. What an abject horror this game has turned in to. No Easter theme, No Memorial Day theme.. The graphics especially clothing is so unattractive and talent-less it makes you wonder who in the world works for this company?! wish Zynga would buy it back.. I miss my Mafia Family and the great times we all had here.. This place is worthless now.

Noel Gambino (150416950)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 108

Postby Noel Gambino (150416950) » Tue May 28, 2019 1:47 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:

That is another issue many players refuse to acknowledge, unfortunately. Some would even go as far as to argue against you on everything you just said.

It is hard for new players to get a start in this game. When they arrive and see just how daunting it is to make it as far as some of us older players have. We often forget that because of their levels and the number of friends/neighbors they have, means that they earn way less than we do. The payout to our daily login bonuses varies by what level you are currently on for the most part. Attention spans are not as long as they were 10 years ago, and new players can't benefit from the artificial inflation all of our items experienced in the past.

I get that but it was always that way.. new players coming in.. the difference is, those of us who spent a small fortune in real cash and were Yo Dealers helped those noobies come along and get things they otherwise couldn't afford. I am also one who gave away so much stuff to new players, continuously.. Now that this game holds no real interest for the old timers who spent $$$$$$$ A LOT OF MONEY won't bother to waste it here now. The graphics are horrible, never any true themes that we love.. We've begged for a Mafia theme.. what we got was half of a joke once.. If this company would put money in to a talented designer with real time experience, this game could make a comeback. Until then, I won't spent real $$$$.. I'm waiting and watching.. we all want to come back...

Noel Gambino (150416950)

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Tue May 28, 2019 1:50 am

Chase (109598274) wrote:
BEANS (110735736) wrote:"]i don't like going to Galveston anymore bc of stinky water, lol but the drive is fun.

I don't get in the water unless it's the hotel swimming pool. :) But I hear its pretty nice now, it gets worse in the hotter months of July and August. It can be fun though, with the new Pleasure Pier and all the rides. Plus the water parks and Moody Gardens.

Edit: Hi Beans! Travel through Tomball when I visit my mom in Tyler. We need to recruit some new players for the game. :)[/quote]
yes more houstonians
Trying to stay in sane in the world of insane!

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1275
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Tue May 28, 2019 1:50 am

i hope ya'll feel so much better getting all of that out of you. when yo closes down ya'll won't worry about daily player numbers.
.Image
we all come out on the same street in the end.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 375
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 11376
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Tue May 28, 2019 1:51 am

Chase (109598274) wrote:
BEANS (110735736) wrote:"]i don't like going to Galveston anymore bc of stinky water, lol but the drive is fun.

I don't get in the water unless it's the hotel swimming pool. :) But I hear its pretty nice now, it gets worse in the hotter months of July and August. It can be fun though, with the new Pleasure Pier and all the rides. Plus the water parks and Moody Gardens.

Edit: Hi Beans! Travel through Tomball when I visit my mom in Tyler. We need to recruit some new players for the game. :)[/quote]
yes more houstonians
Trying to stay in sane in the world of insane!

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1275
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue May 28, 2019 1:56 am

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:i hope ya'll feel so much better getting all of that out of you. when yo closes down ya'll won't worry about daily player numbers.

Maybe if they change the stuff that people are "getting that all of that out of you" about, it won't close down? :idea: Player numbers don't tell the whole story, but sometimes do play a big part and sometimes there ARE reasons aside from it being summer that there are less players around. The less people spending money on the game due to dissatisfaction means the less likely the game is to thrive. Why do you care so much if people want to express their concerns? :eh:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17274

Postby Noel Gambino (150416950) » Tue May 28, 2019 2:00 am

I can remember back when we use to wait for the new $$Deals to come out, to spend money.. there were auctions running 24/7 with real glamour, friendship, fun... There were games that featured everything from truth or dare, to D/s rooms, pageants, level rooms, tic tac toe rooms.. Yo dealers had to compete for customer's and couldn't wait to be the first to feature each new week's items.. We actually looked forward to spending our hard earned money. BVG, you can create that same atmosphere if you will actually listen to people who have been here and implement some needed changes. No one wants to lose their inventory, everything we've collected for years..we all want to play still and miss the old days.. Just my two cents, but I hope you will actually listen to what made this place work and start implementing those ideas.

Noel Gambino (150416950)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions