[EVENT] Cyborg Summer Event!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Cyborg Summer Event!

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Fri May 31, 2019 2:48 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Alex (111742352) wrote:Nothing wrong with these events.. You DON'T have to spend cash... coins are enough. I like these events. IT gives something to do. Else it'd be boring.

Well, you must have been really bored for the first 8 years you played. How did you manage?

If Alex is like me, yes. I played years back with a large group of friends. Started over on Myspace and then went to FB. We had parties at each others places and was a lot of fun. Over the years some left, others passed on and it wasn't the same. Eventually I was only one left of group that played. So, I stopped playing for a few years. Came back last year and was bored until I noticed what that gem icon was LOL! I love the gem events, keeps me sane on days when I can't do anything else. :)

The events are just fine. Its the items being held solely in the events I have a problem with. If they would put them or most in the store as well and then just offer them in events as prizes it would change how I feel about them. That and stop making us buy things from ongoing themes just to enter them. If those 2 things change I would not have a problem with them really. I just will never be okay with them the way they are now. No offense to anyone who enjoys them its my personal opinions. I am happy it give you guys something to do though but would it not still give you something to do if it was like I suggested? :)

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8128
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Denny (187000806) » Fri May 31, 2019 2:53 pm

the on again off again red gem icon. cant join(now the cyborg) event due to the missing gem.sometimes it is there sometimes not. wth is up w/this.half a dozen friends have the same issue.NOT COOL FIX [email protected]!!!!
Denny (187000806)
YoWorld Level: 16
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 16, 2016

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Fri May 31, 2019 6:17 pm

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) wrote:The events are just fine. Its the items being held solely in the events I have a problem with. If they would put them or most in the store as well and then just offer them in events as prizes it would change how I feel about them. That and stop making us buy things from ongoing themes just to enter them. If those 2 things change I would not have a problem with them really. I just will never be okay with them the way they are now. No offense to anyone who enjoys them its my personal opinions. I am happy it give you guys something to do though but would it not still give you something to do if it was like I suggested? :)

I am not a fan of the forced use of certain items either. It interferes with creativity and ends up making a lot of entries look exactly the same, since everyone has to use so many of new theme items and usually use same ones. :( The reward items is how I make money, so I am not too upset about them not being sold. If prizes weren't involved most peeps wouldn't care about the event. Although since I started playing the challenge events they haven't had any reward items I cared about, so I would prolly feel different if it was something I wanted to collect. So I understand why peeps don't like the process.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 1283
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby cathy (115782367) » Fri May 31, 2019 9:16 pm

Dumb question. What if I only opened the 50 gem boxes? Like if I bought more gems and only opened those, will I still get Shabby Chic if I open everything before the next tier comes around? (Tired, sorry hope that makes sense)

cathy (115782367)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 1407

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:26 am

cathy (115782367) wrote:Dumb question. What if I only opened the 50 gem boxes? Like if I bought more gems and only opened those, will I still get Shabby Chic if I open everything before the next tier comes around? (Tired, sorry hope that makes sense)

You're only guaranteed a gem event item with the 230 gem box. The others all carry the risk of getting store items.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15796
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 am

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Alex (111742352) wrote:Nothing wrong with these events.. You DON'T have to spend cash... coins are enough. I like these events. IT gives something to do. Else it'd be boring.

Well, you must have been really bored for the first 8 years you played. How did you manage?

If Alex is like me, yes. I played years back with a large group of friends. Started over on Myspace and then went to FB. We had parties at each others places and was a lot of fun. Over the years some left, others passed on and it wasn't the same. Eventually I was only one left of group that played. So, I stopped playing for a few years. Came back last year and was bored until I noticed what that gem icon was LOL! I love the gem events, keeps me sane on days when I can't do anything else. :)

Oh, I understand. I know everyone plays differently. I just have always been a decorator and have spent the majority of time here decorating, so between that and hunting down stuff in the AH, I always have something to keep me busy. I feel like the gem events take time away from decorating because I have to (ok, not HAVE to, but you know) then create rooms for them that'll I'll just tear apart when the challenge is over when I could be spending that time and money working on one of my regular houses. And you have to do the challenges to move forward in the storyline quests, and that hasn't even been worth it. My biggest pet peeve is the items being held hostage in the events when they'd make great store themes. I think if they just made these themes and put them in the store, they could have bigger prizes that go along with them for the events that are sort of like collectible add-ons or something, and that wouldn't be a big deal. I just hate that the best themes are in these things, and it requires a lot of time and money to get any of the good prizes.

LisaTM (10095126)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:29 am

cathy (115782367) wrote:Dumb question. What if I only opened the 50 gem boxes? Like if I bought more gems and only opened those, will I still get Shabby Chic if I open everything before the next tier comes around? (Tired, sorry hope that makes sense)

Hi Cathy. If you look at the chart below, the blue squares are all 50 gem slots. There is only ONE "new" ie Shabby Chic item in Tier 1. ALL of the orange and purple squares are 150 gem slots & for once, they are all "new," so your best bet in Tier 1 is to open only 150 gem chests. There's no fillers in the 150 gem slots this tier. LisaTM is correct that 230 gem chests give only new EMY2019 Shabby Chic items, but you would likely end up with the 50 gem SC item. So in THIS Tier 1, your best bet is to open the 150 gem chests. The odds change in other tiers.
ImageImage

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 9379

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:13 am

I am a bit confused. I thought this theme came at the bottom of the survey list, and we were not going to have it :eh: :?: As far as the releases today, I like what I am seeing so far, but will wait and see as I was looking forward to the last releases, and it was such a disappointment: grr . The colors are great, all the neon, and the pieces from the laser room during the anniversary theme will go well in some of these rooms :idea: I do wish the theme was not two weeks long. Seems like every time it is that long, BVG just strings us along, with some days only one item being released in a day. Takes forever to decorate that way. :idea: Better to go out with a bang then leave with a whimper. Ten days max should be enough. If anyone has the results from the survey taken last year for this years themes it would be appreciated. And for all who wanted this theme enjoy :drink: :drink:

Better to be Infamous then not be Famous at All ...Roger Stone
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82694525

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 476
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:

Hi Cathy. If you look at the chart below, the blue squares are all 50 gem slots. There is only ONE "new" ie Shabby Chic item in Tier 1. ALL of the orange and purple squares are 150 gem slots & for once, they are all "new," so your best bet in Tier 1 is to open only 150 gem chests. There's no fillers in the 150 gem slots this tier. LisaTM is correct that 230 gem chests give only new EMY2019 Shabby Chic items, but you would likely end up with the 50 gem SC item. So in THIS Tier 1, your best bet is to open the 150 gem chests. The odds change in other tiers.

Oh! I didn't know this. Guess I've been doing this wrong all along o_o :phew:

LisaTM (10095126)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:20 am

Meadow (152618059) wrote:I am a bit confused. I thought this theme came at the bottom of the survey list, and we were not going to have it :eh: :?: As far as the releases today, I like what I am seeing so far, but will wait and see as I was looking forward to the last releases, and it was such a disappointment: grr . The colors are great, all the neon, and the pieces from the laser room during the anniversary theme will go well in some of these rooms :idea: I do wish the theme was not two weeks long. Seems like every time it is that long, BVG just strings us along, with some days only one item being released in a day. Takes forever to decorate that way. :idea: Better to go out with a bang then leave with a whimper. Ten days max should be enough. If anyone has the results from the survey taken last year for this years themes it would be appreciated. And for all who wanted this theme enjoy :drink: :drink:

This thread is about the gem events, not the Cyberpunk theme. They just named it Cyborg because it's running alongside the theme and the challenges will be Cyberpunk. The actual gem event theme is Shabby Chic 2.

LisaTM (10095126)

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:22 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Oh, I understand. I know everyone plays differently. I just have always been a decorator and have spent the majority of time here decorating, so between that and hunting down stuff in the AH, I always have something to keep me busy. I feel like the gem events take time away from decorating because I have to (ok, not HAVE to, but you know) then create rooms for them that'll I'll just tear apart when the challenge is over when I could be spending that time and money working on one of my regular houses. And you have to do the challenges to move forward in the storyline quests, and that hasn't even been worth it. My biggest pet peeve is the items being held hostage in the events when they'd make great store themes. I think if they just made these themes and put them in the store, they could have bigger prizes that go along with them for the events that are sort of like collectible add-ons or something, and that wouldn't be a big deal. I just hate that the best themes are in these things, and it requires a lot of time and money to get any of the good prizes.

My problem when I came back was lack of money. I used to buy the yocash when I played all the time before. I wasn't going to start doing that again. So, as much as I enjoyed decorating, with no money I could only work with what I had and the yearly Bday coins. That is why I am glad I noticed the gem event. I could decorate, possibly win something for it and sell the items for money to decorate my personal rooms LOL! I do understand why some peeps hate it though. Like I mentioned somewhere the other day, I haven't been interested in any of the prize items (aside from a few water items), so I have no problem just selling everything. If I was actually trying to collect them all, I would be pissy too. So, I can see why some are so upset, especially with the shabby chic stuff. I know a lot of peeps wanted it to be a regular theme :(
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 1283

Postby cathy (115782367) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:24 am

Ok, thank you. So if I opened all 15 blue box that are 50 gems will the option to open with 50 gems go away? Like I won't be able to hit 50 for the other squares? Lol i'm trying to cheat the system. It seems cheaper if I were to open all 22 boxes using 50 gems each. :haha:

cathy (115782367)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:13 am

cathy (115782367) wrote:

Ok, thank you. So if I opened all 15 blue box that are 50 gems will the option to open with 50 gems go away? Like I won't be able to hit 50 for the other squares? Lol i'm trying to cheat the system. It seems cheaper if I were to open all 22 boxes using 50 gems each. :haha:

No. If you opened all 22 50 gem boxes before Tier 2 opened up, you would start getting duplicate items. Did you see Lyndy's thread that shows what items are in every slot of Tier 1? That might help you decide if you really REALLY want the 50 gem items in this tier. If you like the Shabby Chic items or if you want something to resell, again I'd advise opening the 150 gem chests.
ImageImage

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:15 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:

Oh! I didn't know this. Guess I've been doing this wrong all along o_o :phew:

Well you have to look at the Tiers chart to see what is "New" vs in-store. This is the first time I've seen EVERY 150 gem slot be a new item, as opposed to a lot of fillers. Personally, I'd prefer a higher ratio of new 150 gem items to in-store fillers than there's been in past GEs. :)
ImageImage

Postby cathy (115782367) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:19 am

cathy (115782367) wrote:

No. If you opened all 22 50 gem boxes before Tier 2 opened up, you would start getting duplicate items. Did you see Lyndy's thread that shows what items are in every slot of Tier 1? That might help you decide if you really REALLY want the 50 gem items in this tier. If you like the Shabby Chic items or if you want something to resell, again I'd advise opening the 150 gem chests.

Ok thank you!

cathy (115782367)

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:28 am

Julie, now that you mentioned it I took a better look and it is interesting – in the first four tiers there are only new Rare and Epic prizes (and of course Legendary – but those were always new only).

The ratio for these prizes seems also better in the latter tiers, even if there are some old items.

And then, in the last tier there are only new Common prizes, and quite a lot of old Rare and Epic ones (in comparison with earlier tiers).
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3290
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Windy (187621989) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Problem is, a LOT of the free stuff is garbage, even stuff the company calls "epic." And to have any shot at excelling in and/or getting any decent free stuff in the gem challenge, you are FORCED to spend money. I'll bet that garners BVG LOTS of cash clueless credit-card-number-providing 'rents don't notice...

:eh:

Cypher (126579776) wrote:You guys are evil. I don't wanna do challenges, but I get free stuff. *sigh*
TOUR GOLDMAN MILL, MICROSTATE OF PEACE
Living, working, playing, loving, being PEACE
StartHere: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h79081707

Want your home to be part of The Mill? [email protected]
Info: http://goldmanmill.wordpress.com

Windy (187621989)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2018

Forum Posts: 94
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Lenore (133529135) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:15 am

We can delete the contest rooms now? Great. They are useless anyway.

Is there no way at all to fix them to where we can link them with arrows to other homes? Surely it can be done. New modular rooms are created frequently it seems, so why not fix the old contest homes to act like a modular? I am sure I am not the only one who wishes this could happen.

The rooms are nice, and I would like to link them and showcase them. As a stand alone? People would go in, get their coin run, and no way to get out for a second pick up if you didn't take a moment to memorize the person's name to go back.

If there is a way at all, please consider it. It would be great to use them.

Thanks.

Lenore (133529135)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Kat (106520804) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:57 am

I have 0 interest in the present theme although I'm happy to sit it out while those that enjoy this kind of thing get what they've been asking for. It's just not my cup of tea. Since the present theme is attached to the events as challenges and I refuse to buy a bunch of stuff I will never use or wear again I've decided not to participate in the challenge event either. My only interest in shabby chic was that it sold so well in the AH, so I'll save a lot of coins in the next several weeks. :) I'll also have time for decorating which is what I enjoy about the game and have felt little enjoyment in lately with all of the challenge stuff. It's too time consuming and frustrating when you spend all that time, coin and/or yc and still don't get the 5.8. I also dislike having to keep adding buddies when we are limited to 1000 and I have to keep taking even more time going through and deleting buddies in order to add more. 1 is fine but more than that and it's just too big a pain because the first one leaves before you can get the next one most of the time. I just don't have that kind of time to waste.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 365
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 1179

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:59 am

Just a reminder that some of dont want to participate and would love the gem icon to go away once its been clicked WITHOUT having to do the daily task... Thank you for listening!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10317
Forum Title: YoBeliever

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions