[FEEDBACK] MF2019: Modern Farmhouse (Thursday, May 30th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] MF2019: Modern Farmhouse (Thursday, May 30th)

Postby Alison (9936600) » Thu May 30, 2019 10:24 am

One word: ROTATION. And this is a persistent issue with a lot of things. Half the "rotations" are essentially, the exact same positioning of the item, and the actual ability to fully rotate an item (in this case, the very cool basement couches), is non-existent. I can turn it forwards or backwards, but cannot actually get the left/right positioning correct. Same exact issue as the Water Park segments (the bottom and top curves) of the lazy river. I have a top, a left, a right of the loop but NO BOTTOM because you can't rotate that way!!!

I'd LOVE to do something specific with the couch, but again, it won't rotate that way!!!!!

Please check this more carefully before releasing. It's so frustrating.

Alison (9936600)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 21
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby OMG SHOES (2131112) » Thu May 30, 2019 10:42 am

The new baby cow pet was... a choice.

OMG SHOES (2131112)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2008

Forum Posts: 1650
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Rod (126579776) » Thu May 30, 2019 10:57 am

The new riding hair for the ladies is a lot of things. I fear describing what those things are or might be against the rules. But what the hell... LOL

I find it the sexiest looking hair you guys have popped out in a long time. It is subtle and sensual and soft in all the right ways. I'm not perving on it (openly), but I am trying to communicate that it has that little something extra that makes it work........especially the blaze color.

:love:
Last edited by Rod (126579776) on Thu May 30, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He is the one who thunders through the heavens yet whispers to our hearts. - Silence & Fury
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 36291
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Pix Elated (6134566) » Thu May 30, 2019 11:00 am

Bessie the baby cow looks like she's part dog. Somehow I don't think this is what people mean by the term 'cattle dog'.

Why do all the sectionals in this theme only turn two ways? It was an issue with the living room sectional and now the basement sectional as well.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Pix Elated (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 2369
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Pix Elated (6134566) » Thu May 30, 2019 11:06 am

Alison (9936600) wrote:One word: ROTATION. And this is a persistent issue with a lot of things. Half the "rotations" are essentially, the exact same positioning of the item, and the actual ability to fully rotate an item (in this case, the very cool basement couches), is non-existent. I can turn it forwards or backwards, but cannot actually get the left/right positioning correct. Same exact issue as the Water Park segments (the bottom and top curves) of the lazy river. I have a top, a left, a right of the loop but NO BOTTOM because you can't rotate that way!!!

I'd LOVE to do something specific with the couch, but again, it won't rotate that way!!!!!

IKR. Same with the living room sectional. It's frustrating to have things like this force us to compromise on how we want to decorate a room.
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates --Mark Twain

A work in progress...
Horrendous House

Pix Elated (6134566)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 2369
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby CCAuntie Virus (112580197) » Thu May 30, 2019 12:11 pm

The SF2018 Backyard sectional will rotate ALL 4 days. I suggest whatever template was used to make it should be used for all sofas and sectionals...

CCAuntie Virus (112580197)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 269
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu May 30, 2019 12:54 pm

Ejerkulator (126579776) wrote:The new riding hair for the ladies is a lot of things. I fear describing what those things are might be against the rules. But what the hell... LOL

I find it the sexiest looking hair you guys have popped out in a long time. It is subtle and sensual and soft in all the right ways. I'm not perving on it (openly), but I am trying to communicate that it has that little something extra that makes it work........especially the blaze color.

:love:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18802
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: [FEEDBACK] MF2019: Modern Farmhouse (Wednesday, May 29th

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu May 30, 2019 12:55 pm

BadMoon (153955457) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
BEANS (110735736) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:Love the new hair!! Agree with other posters that it is a 'tad' too long...but ADORE the smexy front bangs!! TY to whomever the artist was who designed this!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so look so pretty

Awwws....ty Beans!! you made my whole day!! :hug: :rose: :love: :D

agree, :heart: :heart: :heart: the swooped bangs :love:

:love: :love: :love: :rose:

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu May 30, 2019 1:07 pm

I'm really enjoying the items from this release!! LOVE the neutral color palette! The two-tone tables are divine. The rugs are awesome (a bit larger would be nicer! ;)) LOVE the building pieces: the columns, dividers, sectional walls. TYSM!!

The dogs on beds are cuties! <3 :dog

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 pm

I have to say I am so in love with the items in this set! So many great items

CorynlovesYo (128085339)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 479

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Fri May 31, 2019 3:59 am

I am not much of a hair person for the most part, but dang! Those horseback hairs are really nice! I might grab a couple colors for my occasional female avatar. I do wish the ponytail part was shorter...looks like we're about to step on the ends LOL If my hair ever got down to my feet I'd trip over it and it would end in certain death :haha: But It's still really cute. I'd love if you made a version similar to this with a shorter ponytail in the future.

I love the bar stools and bars. The bar sink alcove is nice, too, even though honestly, I'm really getting alcoved out. Why does there have to be an alcove in EVERY release?

Neons are cute.

End tables are waaaaay too small. Been a decent theme overall. Not exactly what I was really hoping for, but I like a lot of it nevertheless.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17302
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby KAREN (186514636) » Fri May 31, 2019 8:48 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
CCAuntie Virus (112580197) wrote:Seems to be fixed now...

Nice sectionals.. LOVE the Big diving walls and the smaller stone dividers :love:

Would have been nice if the Wine alcove had the same floor as the sink alcove though.. looks kinda weird to me with different floors in them.

The console tables are WAY too tiny..

WHEN is the minuscule design team going to be fired? I'm so tired of decor from EVERY theme being designed to a smaller scale, and even tho we complain every time, it's only once ever been fixed -- with the SF micro vacuum that was resized. (So, clearly, it CAN be resized and fixed, but just isn't done) I'm still so angry about the Black Lab yober that is so tiny that it's HALF the size of the Pomeranian in this theme. We have said every theme, please test ALL the items in the game, not just in a test screen. Put the items in a room all together before the release & make sure the sizing is accurate and not ridiculously small. Why do you expect us to just accept inferior designs like that? :grr

I actually have liked this theme more than most of the recent themes, though there have been many very expensive pieces, but I just don't understand many decisions that make decor items less usable/functional.

Why can't all items for a room actually be put together in the room before being released to see if they coordinate? The floors for the alcoves coordinating would be nice. Why are the wine shelves and consoles so tiny, and the bars SOO big? And why are the colors of wood so close but yet different? (The stools look like they would probably be the right size but they are dwarfed by the huge bars.)

Why do we get 3 variations of wood colors for all pieces except for the entertainment shelves, but only 3 variations of white for those? None of those variations work if you use either the dark or plain brown wood for every other piece. (And the sectional walls that you can't hang anything on are just total question marks?) To me, that whole room of furniture is just wasted opportunity. And this has been one of the better themes!

Is there any hope for any fixes at this point...or, have we all just moved on? (I think I know the answer to that.)

KAREN (186514636)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 09, 2016

Forum Posts: 84
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby CorynlovesYo (128085339) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Alison (9936600) wrote:One word: ROTATION. And this is a persistent issue with a lot of things. Half the "rotations" are essentially, the exact same positioning of the item, and the actual ability to fully rotate an item (in this case, the very cool basement couches), is non-existent. I can turn it forwards or backwards, but cannot actually get the left/right positioning correct. Same exact issue as the Water Park segments (the bottom and top curves) of the lazy river. I have a top, a left, a right of the loop but NO BOTTOM because you can't rotate that way!!!

yea id like all furniture to rotate 4 ways personally

CorynlovesYo (128085339)
YoWorld Level: 369
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 479

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions