The Rets In The Raffle

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: The Rets In The Raffle

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:38 am

Soft Banana (126579776) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't think these qualify as a re-release. They were already in existence and now they will be passed to new owners. And I don't see how one or two of these should affect anyone other than the lucky winner(s). A massive dump of these items would be disastrous and I think BVG knows that. But one or two? No sweat. And I truly do not understand why anyone who already has one would begrudge someone a win.

If this is done occasionally, and always with different items, BVG will rake in the money, the players who own stock in these items will still be fine and a few lucky folks will be very happy. Doesn't seem to be a bad thing to me...

:eh:

Actually, in my opinion, it is a re release, those items weren't in game anymore, especially if they were handed back to Bvg as they say, so Bvg is re releasing them into the game, it's totally different, if someone were to quit and gave their items away, because those items were still in circulation. These items were taken out of circulation for who knows how long and are being re released back into the game. Of course this is just my opinion :silly: oh and you seem to have this all planned out, how they're only going to re release one or two, I guess only time will tell :hug:

LOL. I have nothing planned out since I'm not their planner. But, oddly enough, it is about trust. I trust they will be doing this again, but in a sensitive manner so that no one is harmed and everyone benefits. I've seen your other posts, and I understand you are upset. I honestly don't understand why though. The way I see it, you still have yours, and it's still as beautiful and valuable as it ever was. And someone else gets one too? I think it should be nice for them. Anyway, yes, we'll see what happens going forward...
:hug:

It is tough to play both ends on this issue. I am sympathetic to those who have, and to those who have not. In the old forums, I posted a lot about my feelings that they should just leave everything that ever was - in the store for perpetuity. The game has and had a pride problem in my eyes. And I still feel this way to some extent. But I also know the personal value these items serve as "goals" for people. They represent achievements, longevity, and spending. And BVG devaluing any one of these is wrong and unfair.

Now I do recognize that many old items have been "frozen" by BVG in banned accounts belonging to cheaters. And none of us knows how many of these there are. And yes, they should still be in the game in my opinion. BVG should have a policy that any old costume or collectible found on a banned account should be placed in the AH for coins 60 days after the account is banned. That way players will bid and pay legit values for it just as they would if they bought in game. This raffle thing just sits wrong in my craw, but I will be thrilled for the players who win. I remember being new and how tough it was to get anything nice, and I would have been so excited to even get a CHANCE at some of this stuff. So kudos to BVG for doing it ONCE in small numbers as part of the celebration. But if they start tinkering with this habitually, then they should get blasted for it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: and more of this :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
From my front porch you can see the sea
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 12984
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I don't think these qualify as a re-release. They were already in existence and now they will be passed to new owners. And I don't see how one or two of these should affect anyone other than the lucky winner(s). A massive dump of these items would be disastrous and I think BVG knows that. But one or two? No sweat. And I truly do not understand why anyone who already has one would begrudge someone a win.

If this is done occasionally, and always with different items, BVG will rake in the money, the players who own stock in these items will still be fine and a few lucky folks will be very happy. Doesn't seem to be a bad thing to me...

Actually, in my opinion, it is a re release, those items weren't in game anymore, especially if they were handed back to Bvg as they say, so Bvg is re releasing them into the game, it's totally different, if someone were to quit and gave their items away, because those items were still in circulation. These items were taken out of circulation for who knows how long and are being re released back into the game. Of course this is just my opinion :silly: oh and you seem to have this all planned out, how they're only going to re release one or two, I guess only time will tell :hug:

LOL. I have nothing planned out since I'm not their planner. But, oddly enough, it is about trust. I trust they will be doing this again, but in a sensitive manner so that no one is harmed and everyone benefits. I've seen your other posts, and I understand you are upset. I honestly don't understand why though. The way I see it, you still have yours, and it's still as beautiful and valuable as it ever was. And someone else gets one too? I think it should be nice for them. Anyway, yes, we'll see what happens going forward...

I honestly don't see where you think everyone benefits from this :eh: If that was the case, myself and others wouldn't be so against it and I know you don't understand why I'm upset, because you don't play the game the same as I do, so of course you won't understand, Adeline and Rod have said things better then I ever could, so I won't even try :haha: :silly:
I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
From my front porch you can see the sea
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 12984
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

I honestly don't see where you think everyone benefits from this :eh: If that was the case, myself and others wouldn't be so against it and I know you don't understand why I'm upset, because you don't play the game the same as I do, so of course you won't understand, Adeline and Rod have said things better then I ever could, so I won't even try :haha: :silly:

Everyone benefits because BVG benefits. That's all I meant by that. Anyway, yeah I'm talking with Rod and Adeline too. Maybe they can help me understand. Thanks Willow...

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 9905
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Tiff (7426240) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 pm

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:I see it as a good thing because if they make a bunch of cash selling a few things, are game stays open longer.
idk, I am not a gambler in most ways, so the raffle is enjoyable to me.

I agree. I was happy to see this. I never really understand why people are upset when BVG tries to make money. They are a company, not a non-profit....they need to make money to keep going. They also need to make a profit.
Tiff (7426240)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 4658
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:38 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:If the players did not leave yoworld there still going to be the same amount of collectables in the game there not adding any collectables into game there just giving it to other players to raffle on. This is kinda like players gifting them when they leave the game.

i agree with you on this.. very good point Mario. very very good point.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 8439
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions