HOLY CRAPPOLA on Yo History Raffle!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: HOLY CRAPPOLA on Yo History Raffle!

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Ash Firefly (179554962) wrote:GL to everyone!

To the people sad and complaining because they worked hard and bought theirs for stupid amounts of coins~
So what if you're upset.
It's a great opportunity for new player and older who don't have them.

I bet you wouldn't say all that if you put all that work into it :bye:

That's the thing Nv, people like this, they don't want to work for what they have, it's pretty simple :hug:

No, that's not it. Some of those people you're calling lazy can work and work and will still never get those stupid old items, no matter how much they try.

I'm so glad I have no interest in them. Never have and never will. But some people really do want them, and they do "work" to get them, but will never be "rich" enough to achieve their goals. They are also getting screwed, mind you, because they're gambling loads of cash in the hopes of winning the raffle, and the odds of winning are miniscule.

I know this doesn't bother you one bit Lisa, because you're a decorator, not a collector and If I was sure that this was a one time thing, I'd probably turn the other cheek but I'm sure it's not just a one time thing, If you or anyone else believes that, then there's not much I can say to you.

Honestly, what IS your solution to these items? Just let them stay in limbo so that no one can appreciate them?

seems to me the couple of people who aren't happy about it are the ones who nearly permanently wear their who hoard of retro stuff like some sort of status symbol. maybe they aren't happy that other people will have them too. wow it doesn't make them 'less rare' just because a few more are back in the game! i think its good that others will have a chance... i just hope its someone who really wants the item cos they love it who wins and not someone who just wants to sell for a fortune in AH!

First of all it's not a status symbol, i worked hard for them so i can wear them as much as i want. If you haven't noticed i have not changed my avitar in a while period because i don't play the game everyday like some do. No one says things about the things you wear,so please don't do it to other ppl. some ppl on here really amaze me :phew:

i didn't say you couldn't did i? it seems to me that you and Willow are the only 2 who seem to have a massive issue with this and think its unfair and you are the two who seem to always be in your full get up of every single retro rare. why can't you be happy for other people having a chance to own them no matter how they acquire them? some people amaze me to that they can't just be happy for others. if someone got given a bow for free would you begrudge them because they didn't work hard for it like you did?

The way you talk about people who wear things like that was like you're talking down on ppl, almost sounded like you are jealous. Like i said before i worked hard for them so i will wear them as much as i like idc what people think. I don't point out how much ppl wear certain items because it's not my business. There are more ppl that are complaining if you haven't noticed not just me and willow and even if it was just me and willow complaining what is it to you? I don't tell you what you can't or can do or when you post on every thread i don't say anything or question you do i? This is not about the people who are able to win a bow or whatever this is about what bvg is doing. If u don't seem to understand please read Rods thread maybe it will make more sense to you then :bye:

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3375
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Haze (185205633) » Wed May 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I think this is a great idea, and BVG has brought this up on numerous occasions before. Finally, they're putting it to the test, and the tickets aren't even that expensive from the looks of it. Honestly, I haven't seen anybody upset over this yet, but I can only imagine those who do end up upset over this really have no reason to be upset.

It isn't re-releasing. There is a very small number of these items, and BVG is merely re-introducing them back into circulation. They were doing nothing but collecting dust on deleted accounts that weren't gonna use them anymore. The only real squeeze in which I can see anyone getting upset over this is because it devalues their precious rares. Some just love having the most expensive items to themselves. So far I haven't really seen anyone get upset over this though, which a pleasant surprise to me.

I wonder who the winners will be. :)

I'm indifferent. I think it is a good idea in some ways, and I've seen requests for this over the years.

I don't care what those items are worth, nor do I really want them. But what concerns me is the question of whether or not they will stop after this one, or whether they'll continue doing these things and how frequently they will do them. I also don't love the idea of gambling yocash for a VERY small chance of winning. And even worse, I hate how divided the community is about this decision. I feel like it's polarizing the community even more, if that's even possible at this point.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about this... On the other hand some people sell their Fortnite accounts for over 10 thousand dollars because their accounts include game accessories that are no longer available for purchase but if the game makers decide to put them back in store again for 10x their previous price I'm sure a lot will buy but it would be unfair to those who paid their real-life money to buy good deals. If this is the furthest BVG wants to go concerning Rares/Rets and so on then I guess it's fine.

Guess my Fortnite account is my ticket to my get rich quick plan in life :haha: :haha:
Haze (185205633)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2013

Forum Posts: 104
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:38 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:
INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:The items available If I was partial to them Id have bought before now
Personally I think Ive had enough friends pass away on the internet Id feel if I won any of these there is a good possibility they were once worn by a now dead friend so.... Pass

To each their own but i find it rather gruesome

i never thought of the word gruesome when wearing a deceased clothing. it gives me great comfort. my first husband was killed in vietnam in1969 and i still wear one of his t shirts to sleep in occasionally. my now husband since 1973 doesn't even mind either. lost my mom in 1995 and still wear some of her clothes. i always find it interesting how we each react to lifes' occurances.

Grief does different things to everyone. And I’ve seen some very strange actions, but always get it. Everyone handles it differently. So sorry for your losses and I think it’s so cool you’re wearing their clothing. :heartbroken: :hug:
ImageImage

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." Lucille Ball

PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 373
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 5419
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Feral (126579776) wrote:
INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:The items available If I was partial to them Id have bought before now
Personally I think Ive had enough friends pass away on the internet Id feel if I won any of these there is a good possibility they were once worn by a now dead friend so.... Pass

i never thought of the word gruesome when wearing a deceased clothing. it gives me great comfort. my first husband was killed in vietnam in1969 and i still wear one of his t shirts to sleep in occasionally. my now husband since 1973 doesn't even mind either. lost my mom in 1995 and still wear some of her clothes. i always find it interesting how we each react to lifes' occurances.

These guys will take Grandma & Grandpa and turn their ashes into a diamond ring, cuff links, necklace, bracelet, or earrings. Whatever you'd prefer. Nothing says "I love you" like knowing the compressed carbon of your dead family is close at hand (pun intended)! LOL

:haha:

https://www.lifegem.com/

Actually, I’ve heard of this and think it’s cool! All until you lose the jewelry! :heart: :haha:
ImageImage

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." Lucille Ball

Postby PurplyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 pm

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:We all work hard in game for what we want. I respect those that are upset, but also respect those that will never own them no matter how hard they work. Another thing is it’s much like RL. I work my yadda off then go buy a scratch off lottery ticket once in a while to dream big. Never win to save me. Then I hear about a Wisconsin guy age 20’s something spent $10 on tickets winning over $700 million and quit his day job the next day. How is that fair? Idk but nothing is fair no matter how hard you work. There’s luck and no luck. I do know the harder I work the better I feel about myself. I sleep better at night too. My point is this is a lottery for one item each. I don’t mind supporting this as BVG needs their operations paid for. They’re not raffling off hundreds of these. I’d rather spend my $ on a raffle versus gem events. I don’t think it’s fair throwing completely nice themes inside of it. We already have yoworld...why insert another mini yoworld inside of yoworld?

:thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star: ... there isn't much difference between them giving BVG permission to delete and take back the items than if they had sold back all their stuff before deleting or giving the stuff away or selling. the items would be in the game still if they had the time to empty their inventory first before leaving!

Another good point. :star:
ImageImage

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:
PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:We all work hard in game for what we want. I respect those that are upset, but also respect those that will never own them no matter how hard they work. Another thing is it’s much like RL. I work my yadda off then go buy a scratch off lottery ticket once in a while to dream big. Never win to save me. Then I hear about a Wisconsin guy age 20’s something spent $10 on tickets winning over $700 million and quit his day job the next day. How is that fair? Idk but nothing is fair no matter how hard you work. There’s luck and no luck. I do know the harder I work the better I feel about myself. I sleep better at night too. My point is this is a lottery for one item each. I don’t mind supporting this as BVG needs their operations paid for. They’re not raffling off hundreds of these. I’d rather spend my $ on a raffle versus gem events. I don’t think it’s fair throwing completely nice themes inside of it. We already have yoworld...why insert another mini yoworld inside of yoworld?

:thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star: ... there isn't much difference between them giving BVG permission to delete and take back the items than if they had sold back all their stuff before deleting or giving the stuff away or selling. the items would be in the game still if they had the time to empty their inventory first before leaving!

Another good point. :star:

thankyou hun! :D :hug:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14834
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Feral (126579776) wrote:

These guys will take Grandma & Grandpa and turn their ashes into a diamond ring, cuff links, necklace, bracelet, or earrings. Whatever you'd prefer. Nothing says "I love you" like knowing the compressed carbon of your dead family is close at hand (pun intended)! LOL

Actually, I’ve heard of this and think it’s cool! All until you lose the jewelry! :heart: :haha:

omg, i never heard of this jewelry idea and i love, love love it. time to hit google. damn, i couldn't even begin to imagine losing a piece of that jewelry. heartbreak city big time. my daughter kinda feels the same as you insonmia. when she was pregnant with her number one and their coin was tight i tried to gewt her to go to our local thrift store and goodwill, too to get some large size clothers to wear. she refused and said no way cause dead peoplke might have worn them. so yeah purpl, i do get it. human grief is expressed in a lot of different ways by us. i'm just lucky i found the comfort and still do in wearing the clothes of passed love ones.

Captain Kangroo and Mr. Rogers did not adequately prepare me for this forum. me
This place is swimming in a sea of duplicity and suberterfuge. koontz

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 374
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 11231
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed May 15, 2019 11:41 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Haze (185205633) wrote:I genuinely hope the prizes go to people who really want one of the items but could never possibly afford it

Best post in this thread :thumbsup:

I hope so too :)

I agree. This is the best post in this thread :heart:

And I hope so too!

It seems that I have become your parrot, Denna. LOL :haha:

:thumbsup: I'll parrot these exact same sentiments too :hug:

You two are cutest parrots I have ever had and I loved all my parrots very much ;) :haha: :haha: :haha:

LOL :hug: :heart:

:haha: :haha: :heart: :hug:

Stardust, you look soooooo beautiful!! OML, what an outfit :shocked: :hug: :heart:

Awww, thanks a lot, Miss T! :heart: :hug: I am posing as an Indian lady from New Delhi :haha:
You are looking very lovely yourself! To be honest I often draw inspirations from the way two people here dress up. One is you, and the other is PinkyLola :love: :drool: Often I already know it is you two, even before reading your names :haha: :shocked:

“If you truly loved yourself, you could never hurt another.”

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 403
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 15182
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Vi Corleone (177818762) » Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:I may've just spent 10YC on Raffle Tickets :D

I spent 26
Whoops..
Image <--- Key
Wishlist | Pomegranate | Instagram | Sale Thread
Best Friends: ♥ Unwise & Adam ♥
Stv | Froshty | Rafa | Aaron | Kraze | Alex | Alz | GREG
Pomegranates are love, pomegranates are life.
Vi Corleone (177818762)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 8874
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 am

Vi Corleone (177818762) wrote:

I spent 26
Whoops..

So far I only spent 12YC :shh: :silly:

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Haze (185205633) wrote:I genuinely hope the prizes go to people who really want one of the items but could never possibly afford it

And I hope so too!

You two are cutest parrots I have ever had and I loved all my parrots very much ;) :haha: :haha: :haha:

Stardust, you look soooooo beautiful!! OML, what an outfit :shocked: :hug: :heart:

Awww, thanks a lot, Miss T! :heart: :hug: I am posing as an Indian lady from New Delhi :haha:
You are looking very lovely yourself! To be honest I often draw inspirations from the way two people here dress up. One is you, and the other is PinkyLola :love: :drool: Often I already know it is you two, even before reading your names :haha: :shocked:

That is so nice for you to say that :star: dust :hug:

Whatever you hear about me, please believe it. I no longer have the time to explain myself.
You can also add some if you want.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 14349
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Riff (185643699) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:32 am

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

And I hope so too!

they will probably just happen to go to someone who bought a tonne of tickets, that way when round 2 comes, same person is more likely to keep buying :angel:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 12088
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:35 am

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

And I hope so too!

Well, it's the truth, Pinky.
I love to look closely at what you are wearing :haha: :hug:

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

And I hope so too!

Thank you so much Stardust feel free to ask me if you need to know what I'm wearing :D :heart:

Whatever you hear about me, please believe it. I no longer have the time to explain myself.
You can also add some if you want.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 14349
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

And I hope so too!

Thank you so much Stardust feel free to ask me if you need to know what I'm wearing :D :heart:

Will do, Pinky, and that's so generous of you to be willing to share!! Thanks!! :heart: :hug:

– Buddha

ImageImage

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Miss Cocoa (110881004) » Thu May 16, 2019 7:43 am

Miss Cocoa (110881004) wrote:
xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:I'm just about done with this game, items like these should never be brought back. people like me have worked their butts off to get those items, yet here they give them away basically. It took me a week of non stop selling yocash and items in game to be able to have enough coins to purchase the old bow, same with my rets. This game is really getting ridiculous.

i dont think it would affect the prices, it would be no different than someone giving them to a friend as a gift. if they said 200 of each, then it may lower the price. even if it did affect the price, you got them because you wanted them? why would it change, be proud, dont let this change how you feel.

I didn't mention anything about a price, i mentioned the work some of us did to be able to get one and how much of my items i had to sell daily to have enough coins to afford one. Might not seem much for most but i just came back after 6 years and selling all of my stuff that was worth anything so it was a lot of work selling things that didn't have much worth daily to get enough coins to get my nature, the bow and later my rets. Many of us put a lot of work into getting the high end items we have, i see ppl selling all day in groups just to afford them, this is basically like a slap in the face. IDC if they want to do a vault where items they created can be put in and later back into the game but when it's old Zynga items that's a whole different story, many of us paid a fortune for those items.

i remember working my butt off for an item for years, one day i took it off for a bit, it disappeared :wailing: found out the hard way about people making cheap items look like expensive items. i havent thought of it in ages though.
nothing special here

Miss Cocoa (110881004)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 508
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Miss Cocoa (110881004) » Thu May 16, 2019 7:50 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:
Viking Sarah wrote:
PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:I'm ashamed to say what I spent. :haha:

Uhm, where can we check how many tickets for which item we have purchased other than the log?

Great question!

Every raffle ticket purchase also scores you a cool Raffle Ticket HH. As you mentioned, you can check in your Log, or you can see how many you own when editing your avatar.

Simply click on the "Handhelds" tab, and search for "Raffle Ticket HH RI2019". This will then display all of your raffle ticket quantities. One handheld equals one raffle ticket in the draw!

Hope this helps! :)

I think you should show how many Tickets of each item is bought so we can see what the odds of winning is!

i would love to see how may tickets for each have been bought, i would probably buy more if i seen how many there are :silly:
nothing special here

Miss Cocoa (110881004)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 508
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 am

Vi Corleone (177818762) wrote:

I spent 26
Whoops..

So far I only spent 12YC :shh: :silly:

So far I only spent 0YC :haha: ;)

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12811
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am

Feral (126579776) wrote:

I told my children to do this, I don't want to be in the ground anyway.

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9073

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am

Miss Cocoa (110881004) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
Viking Sarah wrote:
PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) wrote:I'm ashamed to say what I spent. :haha:

Uhm, where can we check how many tickets for which item we have purchased other than the log?

Great question!

Every raffle ticket purchase also scores you a cool Raffle Ticket HH. As you mentioned, you can check in your Log, or you can see how many you own when editing your avatar.

Simply click on the "Handhelds" tab, and search for "Raffle Ticket HH RI2019". This will then display all of your raffle ticket quantities. One handheld equals one raffle ticket in the draw!

Hope this helps! :)

I think you should show how many Tickets of each item is bought so we can see what the odds of winning is!

i would love to see how may tickets for each have been bought, i would probably buy more if i seen how many there are :silly:

I would too, that would be nice. Maybe next time they can keep it in mind.

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 9073

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions