[NEW] Reclaimed Raffle - Get Your Tickets!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [NEW] Reclaimed Raffle - Get Your Tickets!

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Rain (110294179) wrote:As for the naysayers, get over it. Seriously. I have a Cupid Bow and you don't seem me getting all in a tizzy.

BVG has handled this MUCH REQUESTED thing in a very good way, and they are certainly not flooding the market. 1 more bow in the game isn't going to change the value.

People, the sky is not falling. I repeat...the sky is NOT falling. :haha:

Then you don't play the game the way others do, so no one needs to get over it :hug:

Yep, I respect all opinions on the matter and see why some are upset!!! :hug:

I do too, until someone tells us to get over it :haha: we don't have to get over anything :hug: You and I have been friends for ages, you like this raffle, I don't but I still love ya girly :hug: :heart: :hug: I don't like being called selfish or being told to get over it. The selfish part can go both ways and as for getting over it, we don't have too, it's that simple :haha: :silly:

:thumbsup: :hug:

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3320
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Soft Banana (126579776) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:Well, I'm sure Bvg has pulled in more cash then ever with this and anyone that's been here long enough, should know this isn't the end of re releases and that's exactly what they are re releasing but they've already made it a done deal, so nothing more to say :thumbsup: I can't even get myself to wish anyone luck on this, because I know where it's all going, I will give people a :hug: because, that's just the kind of gal I am :haha: :silly: :bye:

I'm granting them a one time pass for this infraction for the "fun" of offering prizes to some players who may never get the chance as part of the birthday celebration.

But if they switch gears and decide this is going to be a revenue stream using these old rares as a regular thing, then they will hear my "constructive criticism" every single time they do it. This single event has sent "confidence shudders" in player valuations which ultimately can turn into a complete degradation of item values. I recognize it is all pretend, but those pretend value are the basis of game play for a lot of older players. So in essence, they would be "restitching" the fabric of the game in a way that will end up driving a lot of people away, many who were and are big time spenders.

I was just thinking about the long term effect of this and any possible future raffles on the value of the items, especially since the value is based on confidence as much as anything and confidence is shaken. It should result in the price of the items going down to some extent, then rising to a new level after confidence is restored. If I were treating this like stock, I would buy all I could while folks are selling cheap, hold and resell once prices have recovered. If our wealthy stockholders want to look at this in a dispassionate way, there is an advantage to be had...

:nerd:

Reminds me of days, when people would hear zynga was going to re release, so people would sell cheap and others would buy and keep till they would rise in price but it's not the same, because this is coming from the company that we are suppose to trust on their word and that trust has been broken for many of us but I'm not as passionate as I use to be, so i'm gonna say whatever will be will be :silly:
Actually no, my post wasn't about you...but if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that bad boy up and wear it.

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15133
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Marshall Steele (126579776) » Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Soft Banana (126579776) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:Well, I'm sure Bvg has pulled in more cash then ever with this and anyone that's been here long enough, should know this isn't the end of re releases and that's exactly what they are re releasing but they've already made it a done deal, so nothing more to say :thumbsup: I can't even get myself to wish anyone luck on this, because I know where it's all going, I will give people a :hug: because, that's just the kind of gal I am :haha: :silly: :bye:

I'm granting them a one time pass for this infraction for the "fun" of offering prizes to some players who may never get the chance as part of the birthday celebration.

But if they switch gears and decide this is going to be a revenue stream using these old rares as a regular thing, then they will hear my "constructive criticism" every single time they do it. This single event has sent "confidence shudders" in player valuations which ultimately can turn into a complete degradation of item values. I recognize it is all pretend, but those pretend value are the basis of game play for a lot of older players. So in essence, they would be "restitching" the fabric of the game in a way that will end up driving a lot of people away, many who were and are big time spenders.

Hi Rod :silly: and yeah, I can see your point and I felt like that at first but then I know it won't end here but whatever, I guess, I'll just have to get over it :haha: :silly: oh and forgot to add, someone made a post that reminded me that not only were they re releasing but they're re releasing Collectibles, I won't mention who reminded me of that :smug: :haha: :hug:

I'm not pleased at all about the rets being included and I am REALLY holding back there. I was seething once I realized what they did, and when I wrote that and had to edit it several times before going final. They will make a mint off this, so we'll see if they have the character and integrity to stay away from doing it again. I know which way they have gone in the past........

Hell if they are just going to start selling these items again, put them in the store for 100 yo cash each and they will fly off the shelf. Yo will be over 6 months later, so it won't matter at all.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

So right here, right now
While the sun is shining down
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive
~ Jason Gray
Marshall Steele (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35812
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:
Taurus (185839344) wrote:didnt BVG also promised not to ever rerelease any zynga items... i know i know, they are having a raffle, its not labeled as a rerelease "totally different" ;)

i think anything promised back then doesnt matter anymore because all those original guys are no longer with bvg. things change as they go through staff

Honestly, yeah. With as frequently as they change staff, of course they aren't gonna be able to keep up with the old rules and just make things up as they go along. :haha:
No one has ever been offended by something that didn't apply to them.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 231

Forum Posts: 6132
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:11 am

Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:
Taurus (185839344) wrote:didnt BVG also promised not to ever rerelease any zynga items... i know i know, they are having a raffle, its not labeled as a rerelease "totally different" ;)

i think anything promised back then doesnt matter anymore because all those original guys are no longer with bvg. things change as they go through staff

Honestly, yeah. With as frequently as they change staff, of course they aren't gonna be able to keep up with the old rules and just make things up as they go along. :haha:

I'm not sure how they expect others to follow the rules, when they don't even follow them :dizzy: I've said this before and I'll say it again, they need a guide to go by, especially if they want people to think they're good on their word but not only that, so we know where we stand :heart:
Actually no, my post wasn't about you...but if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that bad boy up and wear it.

Willow (13350872)

Postby Viking Sarah » Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

Hi everyone!

Thank you for continuing to leave your feedback on our raffle. I've noticed a few common questions and concerns, so hopefully I'll be able to help alleviate some of these.

The accounts that these items are originally from are accounts that have been deleted at the request of the original owner. We take account deletion very seriously and there are many steps taken to ensure it is the right choice for both parties involved.

This includes, but is not limited to:
  • Confirming we are corresponding with the original account owner
  • Confirming the account hasn't been hacked (the items have not been stolen or scammed from other players)
  • The account owner is 100% aware of the fact that their account will be closed, with their information inaccessible upon deletion

None of the items being offered in the current raffle come from banned accounts, hacked accounts, inactive accounts, etc.

Additionally, there will be 17 items awarded to players in total with this raffle:
  • 1 x Cupid's Bow and Arrow
  • 5 x Astronaut (costume)
  • 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

While I did not post those quantities in my original thread, that information is readily available on the pop-up in YoWorld. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit, and please keep the feedback coming in! :)

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 310

Forum Posts: 685
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Marshall Steele (126579776) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am

Viking Sarah wrote:Hi everyone!

Thank you for continuing to leave your feedback on our raffle. I've noticed a few common questions and concerns, so hopefully I'll be able to help alleviate some of these.

The accounts that these items are originally from are accounts that have been deleted at the request of the original owner. We take account deletion very seriously and there are many steps taken to ensure it is the right choice for both parties involved.

• Confirming the account hasn't been hacked (the items have not been stolen or scammed from other players)
  • The account owner is 100% aware of the fact that their account will be closed, with their information inaccessible upon deletion

None of the items being offered in the current raffle come from banned accounts, hacked accounts, inactive accounts, etc.

Additionally, there will be 17 items awarded to players in total with this raffle:
  • 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

While I did not post those quantities in my original thread, that information is readily available on the pop-up in YoWorld. I hope this helps to clear things up a bit, and please keep the feedback coming in! :)

This is super helpful. Thx! :thumbsup:

So right here, right now
While the sun is shining down
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive
~ Jason Gray
Marshall Steele (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35812
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am

• 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

Hi Viking Sarah, I have a question, will you be doing this again in the future? I'm talking with rare or collectible items?

Willow (13350872)

Postby Hillbunny (103783869) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:36 pm

• 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

Thank you .

Hillbunny (103783869)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: May 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 2131
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:

• 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

Hi Viking Sarah, I have a question, will you be doing this again in the future? I'm talking with rare or collectible items?

I doubt will get an answer hun :hug:

xNVx (129595882)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

• 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

Yeah, I figured that when I asked it :hug:

Willow (13350872)

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Thu May 16, 2019 12:53 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

• 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

:haha: :haha: let me get off here, i skipped gym this morning before i went to work so i'm a bit cranky today and i can't go after work because my niece has a gymnastics competition going on so i have to rush over there after work :phew:

xNVx (129595882)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

• 5 x Handheld Red Roses
  • 3 x Pink Retro Specs
  • 3 x Blue Retro Specks

:haha: :haha: let me get off here, i skipped gym this morning before i went to work so i'm a bit cranky today and i can't go after work because my niece has a gymnastics competition going on so i have to rush over there after work :phew:

I wish your niece all the luck :heart: and I should get off here as well, it's not like anything I say is gonna make a difference :haha: :hug: ttyl

Willow (13350872)

Postby Vi Corleone (177818762) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:14 pm

The realization hit that we get to see whether or not we won the day after my birthday. That would be a heck of a birthday present if I got any of the items from the raffle
Image <--- Key
Wishlist | Pomegranate | Instagram | Sale Thread
Best Friends: ♥ Unwise & Adam ♥
Stv | Froshty | Rafa | Aaron | Kraze | Alex | Alz | GREG
Pomegranates are love, pomegranates are life.
Vi Corleone (177818762)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: May 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 8874
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Queen Mata (13429328) » Thu May 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi, friends :)

Have I ever showed you my favorite pic on the whole internet?

Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Queen Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 3656

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Rain (110294179) wrote:As for the naysayers, get over it. Seriously. I have a Cupid Bow and you don't seem me getting all in a tizzy.

BVG has handled this MUCH REQUESTED thing in a very good way, and they are certainly not flooding the market. 1 more bow in the game isn't going to change the value.

People, the sky is not falling. I repeat...the sky is NOT falling. :haha:

I own a few of the items and am certainly not in a "tizzy" or at least hope i am not coming across as such.. personally.. i could care less as i really have lost trust and love of the game far before this BUT this does show BVG going back on promises made to their players. that is what gets me.. i DO care about other players. i know at this day and age that is un heard of but some people do still care about the people that still love the game and will be affected.

for me personally, BVG went back on their word to many times way before this for me personally. to be 100% honest, At this point, i can't see them ever gaining my trust enough to ever seeing my credit cards again... which i guess really is a good thing... thank you for that BVG.. i mean that sincerely as i was crazy addicted beyond my means and you helped me break that addiction....thank you. i really can't say thank you enough
I wore my new shoes all day and not 1 person asked me if I could run fast in them....Adulthood is stupid.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 237
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8884

Postby Link (185180932) » Thu May 16, 2019 7:55 pm

How I see this is I don't really care mainly because I feel it is not my business who obtains what items. I personally do not care who gets items and how if it's done honestly and If it's with in the rules, during a special event like an anniversary makes sense to me. I have/had some of the items being offered too and I feel no issue with them being raffled off. Is it a thinly veiled or blatant re-release? Quite possibly it is. It is in a very limited quantity though. The whole point of bvg and what they do is to make money. So it does not shock me to see them taking desperate measures. Like a gift of appreciation to coincide with the anniversary. I guess that is why I initially was not bothered to see a few people win some of the items that would make them the most excited or happy. Seeing or imagining a few people being surprised and happy I guess seemed like a good trade-off. Who is to say bvg can't gift or raffle off the items they own? It is debatable for sure and I am not trying to say anyone is wrong or right who may disagree. I don't put much stock in what this company says as time goes on many of them change their policy as well as the availability of their content. There is many types of sales, raffles, prizes, seasonal offers etc in a way a business works. If it bothers you just hope you're not a winner. and do as you feel fit. :?:
Link (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 11067
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Fri May 17, 2019 7:40 am

Vi Corleone (177818762) wrote:The realization hit that we get to see whether or not we won the day after my birthday. That would be a heck of a birthday present if I got any of the items from the raffle

Good luck hun, and Happy Birthday!! I love your purple outfit!

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 8998

Postby Straw (116376068) » Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 am

Hi, Thanks for giving some the chance at these rare items, but not all can participate in this. Had this been coin tickes more could have joined in. I find that the more you excluded people, the more people have hard feelings. I guess the rich get richer even in game. To me it would have been cool for someone not so rich to have a chance at these items. After all the rich already buy yocash.
Last edited by Straw (116376068) on Fri May 17, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Straw (116376068)
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 2840
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 am

Straw 44Shield (116376068) wrote:Hi, Thanks for giving some the chance at these rare items, but not all can participate in this. Had this been coin tickes more could have joined in. I find that the more you excluded people, the more people have hard fellings. I guess the rich get richer even in game. To me it would have been cool for someone not so rich to have a chance at these items. After all the rich already buy yocash.

I can see that. Maybe next time there can be a coin option. :hug:

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 8998

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions