[NEW] Reclaimed Raffle - Get Your Tickets!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [NEW] Reclaimed Raffle - Get Your Tickets!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
AnnoyedYo (115381899) wrote:I'm fine with bvg offering these items to their players, but doing so for a price and gamble is more bvg grubbiness. Is a raffle with yc tickets the only idea the crooks at bvg could come up with? Im not gonna lie, I bought one of each ticket before thinking about it and regretting it, bvg probably knows many players will do the same. I already own these items, and Im not gonna get upset that a few other players have the opportunity to get them. I stopped wearing these items years ago for 2 reasons. First is they are ugly, and second is I don't want or need attention/admiration from other players. The players that turned these items into a status symbol have ruined them for me. I know some players don't get the attention they feel they deserve irl, and use these items to get attention for themselves in yo.

I'm so sick of bvg wasting resources on this type of bs. I'm constantly getting logged out of the game (missing out on good deals) because of the "could not log in to your account" crap, or having to refresh every time I access the game because of greyed out tabs. These issues never get fixed because bvg can't turn them into a gamble.

This sparked a thought I'd like to share. All this talk about the money this is bringing BVG implies that's a bad thing. With more money, BVG could do more cool stuff and fix things and so forth. As long as there's not a never ending flood of "rares" being raffled, the economy should not be affected too much and BVG will be in a position to profit and therefore profit for us all...
:)

I have no problem with BVG making money and I want to see them and this game thrive. But this is just another band-aid fix, IMO. Another gambling, quick cash tactic. They could easily make money by putting all the gem themes in the store, even if just for a couple weeks. But they continually choose to cater to the gambling crowd who are more than willing to throw money at them for a small chance of getting something. And with all the money that HAS been thrown at them from buying cash deals, gems, etc., here we are up to our asses in glitches, still. They're not fixing anything. They're just making more and more gambling events. They ARE making cool stuff, but they're holding it all hostage. And this must be working, because they keep it going. So the real question is what are they doing with that money? :eh:

This I agree with, I don't like the gambling aspect. I would have probably appreciated the idea of these reclaimed items even more if they were rewards for, let's say, an anniversary fashion design contest? Or some special event. Who knows really, but something along those lines. Or if they were aiming to make these prizes more accessible to players outside the clothing design community, and wanted to be nobler, simply let players enter the raffle for free or for YoCoins, that way the "making money off of it" aspect isn't too driven as home as it is. But something tells me that this would have angered other players even more.

It's not evil to want to make money, but there could be more moral ways of going about it I suppose, rather than asking your userbase to gamble. Lol

I hardly participate in gem events. I am sure there are other people who love them though, but if BVG found a way to make them more fun, I am sure there'd be less an issue with them. But it's really a whole lot of daily "do this, go there, to that, vote here, take this" without a lot of meaning behind it.

I am hoping that they can eventually improve their storyline feature to make it more entertaining and engaging and eventually replace gem events with that. Something that you can work on at your own pace, where you can get some cool item prizes and rewards, etc. Where it isn't a daily call to action, and where it's not about gambling, but driving a story value of entertainment home.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:13 pm

didnt BVG also promised not to ever rerelease any zynga items... i know i know, they are having a raffle, its not labeled as a rerelease "totally different" ;)
I wore my new shoes all day and not 1 person asked me if I could run fast in them....Adulthood is stupid.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8903

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 pm

BEAN (121485446) wrote:I rarely come into the forums but I am glad I did today and read about this chance to get a bow. Thank you BVG :D :heart:

Bean, Get back in the corner nobody told you to get up. :haha: :haha:
JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 4787
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby NuT BaNDiT (8448631) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:didnt BVG also promised not to ever rerelease any zynga items... i know i know, they are having a raffle, its not labeled as a rerelease "totally different" ;)

They sure did :dizzy:

NuT BaNDiT (8448631)
YoWorld Level: 362
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 1161
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Sandy (132621098) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Vivica (13404458) wrote:Honestly, I just wish they'd bite the bullet and put every item ever created from both them and Zynga into the game, into one massive store. Let everyone enjoy every item they've ever wanted to own and be done with it.

The drama if this ever happened would be hilarious!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sandy (132621098)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 3069
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Adeline PINK (113719515) wrote:
MrSee (148390766) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The accounts weren't banned. BVG says the users of said accounts requested for them to be deleted themselves. Just to clarify a bit. That's different than being banned because to be banned literally means to be outlawed, prohibited, (and of a person) eject, expel, evict for means of punishment.

These accounts were allegedly willingly given up, and the assets on them still technically belong to BVG (just as everyone else's assets belong to BVG) for them to do as they will with them, just as everyone else in-game is allowed to do the same.

One possible slip-up I will admit I've noticed, is that I believe BVG, as pointed out by someone else, have made clear that they wouldn't re-release Zynga's old collectibles. The only issue with that is, that it's still under debate whether or not this qualifies as a re-release. It's not like the items came back out in stores at their original prices without limit, like Z did in 2013. But then again BVG is technically offering them again. Then again, it's also worth considering that this idea was discussed in the past, where BVG offered to auction off/raffle off/sell off the goods on banned/deleted accounts, and continued to say this after making the announcement about Zynga collectibles. So this option never left the table for them.

Do you actually believe a real person would go thru the inventories of players to find rares?

Id consider that Ocean Front property in Arizona :?:

Seriously, Anthony? Bottom line, they promised. They totally destroyed my trust in them with this. One can dance around with language until one is blue in the face but when you really examine it, it still comes out looking the same.

Seriously what, Adeline? :eh:

You can look at it any way you please, but you of all people should know that BVG works in grey areas. You can call it a re-release all you desire but at the end of the day, it's neither this nor that. BVG never defined what they meant by re-release, if you really examine it. BVG has always discussed the possibility of making this a reality ever since they took over the game, and have continued to say it after they made that promise about not releasing Zynga collectibles, if you really examine it. So it's clear, BVG never considered this the same as re-releasing, otherwise, they would've probably stopped bringing up the idea after they made that promise, but they never did. It still kept coming up in podcasts, as something they'd do further down the road. In BVG's eyes, this just wasn't the same as a re-release.

You are entitled to believe they are the same thing. And your belief is valid, because that is your belief. Especially since the words re-release are pretty subjective in this game, not as black and white to me as you place them. But BVG and you have clearly been thinking on two separate pages. What I'd do, if I felt the same way you did, is tell BVG that this is how you feel. Tell them that your definition of re-release spans the entire spectrum. You feel that they broke a promise? You are absolutely entitled to feel that way, because to you, they did. But who's fault is that? Not yours, and not theirs. This isn't a thing one could blame on anyone in my opinion, cause stuff just happens. Miscommunication occurs. Remember when BVG thought that pools were interactive cause you could sit in them? And we had to remind them what our definition of interactive was?

I don't have all the answers. Not gonna sit here and try to pretend I do, not gonna jump to conclusions either. I am trying to make some sense of it all myself, and I will admit that while I was on board with this idea at first, some posts on this thread did make me think a little. Do I think it was a bad idea? Not really, but do I think it could've been handled differently? Yes, I do. At the end of the day your feelings are valid, and your thoughts on this are just as good as mine.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:didnt BVG also promised not to ever rerelease any zynga items... i know i know, they are having a raffle, its not labeled as a rerelease "totally different" ;)

You are allowed to believe they are the same, you wouldn't be wrong, but someone else wouldn't be wrong for saying otherwise either. Perhaps it's finally time BVG drew a line and made a YoWorld-exclusive book definition to what a re-release counts as in YoWorld.

:?:

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed May 15, 2019 8:43 pm

I will never discount anyone's feelings because some people spent tons of real money in this game to keep it afloat while trying to obtain one of these items. It doesn't take a novice to know that this wouldn't sit well with many. I distinctly remember them saying they wouldn't do something like this? This is just driving the yocash prices to the roof. I don't like how this is looking.

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:00 pm

Storage Wars 2.0

Can we start bidding on lockers and the one I chose happens to have the goodies :drool: :haha:
JustDucky (132308143)

Postby Rain (110294179) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:00 pm

As for the naysayers, get over it. Seriously. I have a Cupid Bow and you don't seem me getting all in a tizzy.

BVG has handled this MUCH REQUESTED thing in a very good way, and they are certainly not flooding the market. 1 more bow in the game isn't going to change the value.

People, the sky is not falling. I repeat...the sky is NOT falling. :haha:

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.
Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 7940

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 pm

I believe one can feel empathy without sympathizing. I guess we're all different.

If I sold everything to buy a bow at the market rate right now? which is personally ridiculous. I'd be salty too. Some are bigger than others and can shrug it off. Kudos to those. :drool: :drink:

Happy Anniversary all. :balloon: Hope to see you next year. :party:
JustDucky (132308143)

Postby CCAuntie Virus (112580197) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm

I "personally" don't care for any of these items, but I think this is a Wonderful idea !
If I remember correctly they did a survey asking for our IDEAS on what they could do with these
items that are sitting in their database from Old UNUSED accounts.
This is an interesting choice..... Can't wait to see how this ends up :smug:

CCAuntie Virus (112580197)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 237
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:26 pm

;) :dizzy:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
And if you believe that, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona :haha: :silly:

Lol Willow does it come with Aquaman? :eh: :haha:
JustDucky (132308143)

Postby Riff (185643699) » Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm

i think anything promised back then doesnt matter anymore because all those original guys are no longer with bvg. things change as they go through staff
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 12088
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:

i think anything promised back then doesnt matter anymore because all those original guys are no longer with bvg. things change as they go through staff

I'm sure none of them are allowed to make any kind of promises without it coming from the top. So many posts about this and not one response, this alone shows how much they care but we all should be used to this by now because nothing of concerns has been really answered here in this forum, especially things that caused a lot of worries and concerns from us. This is just going to be another thing that will be swept under the rug. They going to ignore it and hope eventually it goes away just like always. Ofc some are like that they will move on especially if BVG gives them a little freebie or something to get excited over but some of us won't move on so fast. This isn't the first slap in the face we get from this company.

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3375
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:36 pm

i think these Raffles are a great idea and would love to see lots more of them! there are a lot of old hard to get hold of items, whether they are really rare or not, and its nice they will be used by people who want them rather than just sitting around being forgotten about! :D :thumbsup:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14834
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 pm

CCAuntie Virus (112580197) wrote:I "personally" don't care for any of these items, but I think this is a Wonderful idea !
If I remember correctly they did a survey asking for our IDEAS on what they could do with these
items that are sitting in their database from Old UNUSED accounts.
This is an interesting choice..... Can't wait to see how this ends up :smug:

:thumbsup: :trophy:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14834
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Riff (185643699) » Wed May 15, 2019 10:59 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:

I'm sure none of them are allowed to make any kind of promises without it coming from the top. So many posts about this and not one response, this alone shows how much they care but we all should be used to this by now because nothing of concerns has been really answered here in this forum, especially things that caused a lot of worries and concerns from us. This is just going to be another thing that will be swept under the rug. They going to ignore it and hope eventually it goes away just like always. Ofc some are like that they will move on especially if BVG gives them a little freebie or something to get excited over but some of us won't move on so fast. This isn't the first slap in the face we get from this company.

well even the guy at the top is a different guy now. people are spending a lot on these tickets so i suspect it will become a regular thing. and im not defending them at all, it just really doesnt surprise me
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 12088
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Amy (131369942) » Wed May 15, 2019 11:07 pm

[post removed by moderator]
Amy (131369942)
YoWorld Level: 204
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions