Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contests!!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contests!!

Postby Brooklyn Janet (103395798) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Title says it all . . I can't create my best room without blackspace decorating enabled. I just threw a tree in last minute so as not to miss last deadline bc literally NOTHING would work in the space i had left :wailing:

:party:
Brooklyn Janet (103395798)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 150
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Brooklyn Janet (103395798) wrote:Title says it all . . I can't create my best room without blackspace decorating enabled. I just threw a tree in last minute so as not to miss last deadline bc literally NOTHING would work in the space i had left :wailing:

Those Challenge rooms are so difficult to work with! It's horrible trying to decorate in them as there is more black space/dead space in the Challenge Rooms than there is in a regular room! I turn off the black space decorating in a regular room to practice for my Challenge room and I can do so much more in them, than I can in a Challenge Room!
Last edited by Jade (136873125) on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1898
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Jennifer (187255645) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:24 pm

I agree with both of you
Jennifer (187255645)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2016

Forum Posts: 147
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:53 pm

Yes please! So much wasted space :( Either that or let the items be placed anywhere. I am sure opening up blackspace would be the easier fix.
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 3961
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm

Yes, please!!!
Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 2104
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm

i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14757
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16724
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm

I was giving up again... please make it work :)
I love my wee bucket.... :)
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 5982
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

Things that are sort of "heavy" like sofas, tables, trees, etc. can't be placed in those spaces. Floor and wall tiles, windows, paths, etc. can. Anything you can move pixel by pixel will go in the spaces, but things that move like furniture won't. An example is the new crop patches. They move the same way a sofa does so they will not go into those spaces. Hard to explain, so I hope that makes sense :)
ImageImage

LisaTM (10095126)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:51 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

Things that are sort of "heavy" like sofas, tables, trees, etc. can't be placed in those spaces. Floor and wall tiles, windows, paths, etc. can. Anything you can move pixel by pixel will go in the spaces, but things that move like furniture won't. An example is the new crop patches. They move the same way a sofa does so they will not go into those spaces. Hard to explain, so I hope that makes sense :)

ah i see, thanks Lisa! :thumbsup:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 14757

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:02 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.

I have tried the click and place method several times in these rooms and I cannot get it to work at all! It used to work in the beginning of these Gem Challenges!
Jade (136873125)

Postby Cheesy Pyramid (153576357) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:05 pm

Brooklyn Janet (103395798) wrote:Title says it all . . I can't create my best room without blackspace decorating enabled. I just threw a tree in last minute so as not to miss last deadline bc literally NOTHING would work in the space i had left :wailing:

Agreed

Cheesy Pyramid (153576357)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 17, 2010

Forum Posts: 820
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.

I have tried the click and place method several times in these rooms and I cannot get it to work at all! It used to work in the beginning of these Gem Challenges!

Oh I had no idea it used to work for these challenges at all :shocked: I've been using my newer bluetooth mouse but it didn't dawn on me to test out my old mouse and do the trick until now. That sucks big time :sad: They need to allow black space for these. I don't get why it's such a problem for them to implement it!
ImageImage

LisaTM (10095126)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:28 pm

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 7617
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:34 pm

This has been ask for since the first Decorating Challenges back in March 2018....I don't see it happening.

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25796
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:

It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

Jade (136873125)

Postby Judes CDN (1597633) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pm

At least they could explain WHY they won't.
Judes CDN (1597633)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5093
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:

It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

That was not the case when I did my room. I definitely could not place certain items in the black space & had to tinker with what would go where.

I've never thought to edit the black space decorating setting for the GE contest rooms. Hmmm. I didn't think it was an option.
ImageImage
*You don't fool me.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 13290

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room

Normal Room

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 7617
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room

Normal Room

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.

It's the same as any blackspace.

YoWorld has two types of decor items, those not locked onto a grid, and those which are. In black space, you can place those not locked to a grid, but you can't place those which are.

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25796
Forum Title: YoManiac

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions