[FEEDBACK] ER2019: Community Garden (Thursday, April 18th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] ER2019: Community Garden (Thursday, April 18t

Postby Riff (185643699) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:Do you guys have any idea how profitable your wearable "skins" would be if they actually didn't forcibly change our face shape to the one default face shape? I am certain that many players avoid purchasing every single skin you make because it does not code to the face shape we are wearing like the old skins do. The permanent skins you guys made years ago coded to our face shape, like Permanent White skin, Permanent Light Aqua Skin, etc. These newer skins you guys make like the Milk Chocolate Skin, Mining Skin, Dwarven Lava skin, etc NONE of them are worth a damn unless the player is wearing that face shape or wants to settle with it. This is a creative issue when they're not skins, they're costumes. I have pointed this out before but It's worth it again if by any chance the feedback is passed along by some miracle and the change is made for future skin wearables. The versatility and diversity is just not there with the way these are designed and fitted/coded. I am wondering if this can be taken in to consideration or implemented in new skins sometime going forward so that they can become worth a purchase to all players and not only the ones who wear that one default face shape. Thank you.

:phew:

:thumbsup: i dont buy skins anymore because they basically work like costumes and are annoying to work with/layer. i wish they would go have a look at the codes of their older skins. theres so much these days that i dont buy because they have been changed. pets is another, being an animal and yo pet lover i never thought i would consider this.. but ive decided im going to give most of mine away cos the talking drives me kinda mad sometimes and i know im not alone
i wish they understood their potential with this game
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 11843
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:Do you guys have any idea how profitable your wearable "skins" would be if they actually didn't forcibly change our face shape to the one default face shape? I am certain that many players avoid purchasing every single skin you make because it does not code to the face shape we are wearing like the old skins do. The permanent skins you guys made years ago coded to our face shape, like Permanent White skin, Permanent Light Aqua Skin, etc. These newer skins you guys make like the Milk Chocolate Skin, Mining Skin, Dwarven Lava skin, etc NONE of them are worth a damn unless the player is wearing that face shape or wants to settle with it. This is a creative issue when they're not skins, they're costumes. I have pointed this out before but It's worth it again if by any chance the feedback is passed along by some miracle and the change is made for future skin wearables. The versatility and diversity is just not there with the way these are designed and fitted/coded. I am wondering if this can be taken in to consideration or implemented in new skins sometime going forward so that they can become worth a purchase to all players and not only the ones who wear that one default face shape. Thank you.

:thumbsup: i dont buy skins anymore because they basically work like costumes and are annoying to work with/layer. i wish they would go have a look at the codes of their older skins. theres so much these days that i dont buy because they have been changed. pets is another, being an animal and yo pet lover i never thought i would consider this.. but ive decided im going to give most of mine away cos the talking drives me kinda mad sometimes and i know im not alone
i wish they understood their potential with this game

Right? Same. Oh I won't buy pets that talk either. It is lame. I miss the unique pets that didn't talk and were just a pair of wandering eyes and walking/ idle animations lol. Hell I'd take the mud-throwing monkey any day still over the ones now that talk or wear clothes & accessories.

As for your comment on Skins, I agree. They need to take their design for skins and code it back as a real skin layer. They're rubbish otherwise...IMO.

:grr
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10425

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:18 pm

There are other huge issues with skins regarding layering. First, many skins don't work well with hairs. Try on a skin, throw on a hair, do a spin & UP OH!!! Bald head in the back :nerd: Take off hair, put it back on, spin & same result. Rawr. Then, there's a big issue with the torso area. Most clothes leave a gap so it looks like there is a wide skin belt around the waist. Unbecoming. Not all clothes leave that gap, which I can't understand. It becomes a frustrating ordeal to find clothes that will cover that area and give the overall "look" I want to achieve. It's much like the layering problems with floor and wall tiles -- some things will layer on top of them as they should, but many fall under/behind. Also, some clothing leaves uncovered areas depending on the attempted layering (sleeves of jackets, especially mens' clothes over womens' sleeves & breasts). If you've got a fancy skin under everything, especially a sparkly one, chances are you'll be disappointed.
That was a bit rambly, but in essence, I agree with Kio's remark about skins. Face shape reverting to round is limiting and annoying.
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 10243

Postby Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:33 pm

I love the rafters but even more so if they layered correctly they fall underneath most things unless placed at one end of the room which does not give the right effect.

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 8572
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:06 am

Here is my greenhouse so far...

daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 2368
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 am

Activity Center

daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 2368

Postby jennifer (116432329) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:50 am

soo much fun mwah :heart: :heart: :heart:
jennifer (116432329)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:31 am

Thank you for the new Corgi :heart:

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 24745
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Straw (116376068) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:39 am

Todays release.... Well looks like a mens hat with a ribbon around it. Not something I would wear. I did buy the new green shirt. Seems like you could have did a little better for Easter.

Straw (116376068)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 2829
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am

Where do I start with today’s releases?

Gigantic flies flying around the Buzzing Beehives – the "bees" are almost of the size of a small bird!

The Chairs with baked in plusies – why??! If you had not baked them in – one, you could have all the chairs in the same finish to match the table with different plushies, and two we could also sit on them. As it is now it is better to just go find some other table with chairs and use other plushies.

The clickable string light trees have varying levels of bluriness, with number 1 being the most blurry. Asking 9 YoCash for inferior items like these is ridiculous.

Community Garden Tree 3 looks nice – I might buy one and use it as a accent piece somewhere, but I think you would make more money (by selling more pieces) if you lowered the prices of items players need multiple pieces of.

The picnic table and benches do not match at all, the picnic stools barely match with the table.

I am not sure why the male outfit was called Strong – that does not seem to make any sense to me.

Oh, right and another cross was released – as a reward in the Poker Dice Event. That is surely gonna make lot of players really happy. I am sad to see the golden looking egg in the PDE.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby cathy (115782367) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:48 am

So...I waited the whole theme before writing on here thinking something good was going to come out. First this is not an Easter theme. This is a spring theme. There was some after thought Easter thrown in but, blah. Yes, we have things in store. That doesn't mean new things wouldn't be nice. I believe I actually did vote for this but not really thinking it was going to be for Easter. I voted for the "garden" aspect. On that note this Spring theme was lacking in general. When you said garden I was assuming you know. Gardens. So the couple flower bushes that came out are nice but the rest is a flop. :yawn:
cathy (115782367)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 1435
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Catmomma (10727510) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:52 am

So, unfortunately, I am yawning with this one too. Bored with paranormal, just a spooky retread, and tiny house, and now a Community complex, which really isn't(complex, that is). Unlike some, I love to focus on decorating homes during themes. I guess I am a traditionalist. I had hoped for a more traditional Easter theme. So a sterile community center with a couple of token Easter items left me wanting something more. I love to decorate homes with a fair amount of rooms. Lately, 1-2 rooms, with some token outside stuff. If you're into community centers, I guess this is for you. I had hoped to get a hillside cave, but no luck there. who has that much yocash or coins? So I buy old houses, and troll sales and auction house for goods that ultimately I am expected to pay millions for...For those of us that can't afford to buy yocash, then there really isn't anything. You find a theme you like and crucial items, like a bed, or say kitchen appliances are always yocash...I try the gem events, but getting 3 of the same items in a row isn't so much fun...We'll see what's next. I keep hoping
Catmomma (10727510)
YoWorld Level: 212
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 119
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:10 am

Catmomma (10727510) wrote:So, unfortunately, I am yawning with this one too. Bored with paranormal, just a spooky retread, and tiny house, and now a Community complex, which really isn't(complex, that is). Unlike some, I love to focus on decorating homes during themes. I guess I am a traditionalist. I had hoped for a more traditional Easter theme. So a sterile community center with a couple of token Easter items left me wanting something more. I love to decorate homes with a fair amount of rooms. Lately, 1-2 rooms, with some token outside stuff. If you're into community centers, I guess this is for you. I had hoped to get a hillside cave, but no luck there. who has that much yocash or coins? So I buy old houses, and troll sales and auction house for goods that ultimately I am expected to pay millions for...For those of us that can't afford to buy yocash, then there really isn't anything. You find a theme you like and crucial items, like a bed, or say kitchen appliances are always yocash...I try the gem events, but getting 3 of the same items in a row isn't so much fun...We'll see what's next. I keep hoping

They fixed that issue long ago, so unless you have gotten all the items in a certain tier & there are no more unopened items, you should not receive a duplicate prize. Even if you've opened them all at the current tier, a pop up prompt will ask you if you intend to still open a chest, stating that you will then get a duplicate item.
If you're a coin-only player, you might try the coin Quaint Countryside Cabin & add a coin trailer using the arrows from YoDepot. (That's only 1 YoCash for 7 rooms total then.)
ImageImage

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 am

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:Where do I start with today’s releases?

Gigantic flies flying around the Buzzing Beehives – the "bees" are almost of the size of a small bird!

The Chairs with baked in plusies – why??! If you had not baked them in – one, you could have all the chairs in the same finish to match the table with different plushies, and two we could also sit on them. As it is now it is better to just go find some other table with chairs and use other plushies.

The clickable string light trees have varying levels of bluriness, with number 1 being the most blurry. Asking 9 YoCash for inferior items like these is ridiculous.

Community Garden Tree 3 looks nice – I might buy one and use it as a accent piece somewhere, but I think you would make more money (by selling more pieces) if you lowered the prices of items players need multiple pieces of.

The picnic table and benches do not match at all, the picnic stools barely match with the table.

I am not sure why the male outfit was called Strong – that does not seem to make any sense to me.

Oh, right and another cross was released – as a reward in the Poker Dice Event. That is surely gonna make lot of players really happy. I am sad to see the golden looking egg in the PDE.

Clearly, you've never seen a Teddy Bear Picnic :heart: My friends had one last summer for one of my dear friend's great nieces & those little girls loved it.
I agree that the bees are rather large and black. However, the animated Beekeeper NPC I believe is underpriced at $3 YoCash while the static ones are $8 YoCash. :dizzy: I'm excited to see beehives in this theme & wish there were more types of hives. The egg race is cute but colored eggs have usually been hard boiled first.
ImageImage

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:19 am

No, Julie I get that Teddy Bear picnic and why you would want to sit the plushies on the chairs. But I would like to sit with them as well, and to have all the chairs match with the table, and each other. But if I do that now, I will have the same plushie sitting on each of them. And I will have to sit on another chair, that will match with neither of the chairs nor the table.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 am

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:No, Julie I get that Teddy Bear picnic and why you would want to sit the plushies on the chairs. But I would like to sit with them as well, and to have all the chairs match with the table, and each other. But if I do that now, I will have the same plushie sitting on each of them. And I will have to sit on another chair, that will match with neither of the chairs nor the table.

I got one of each color & used a Napa chair for my avi (or a visitor). I'm not bothered in this case that the chairs don't all match.
I do wonder why they have random checkered blankets, like for a regular picnic, but they aren't sittable & there are no actual picnic items.

I'm MORE bothered that they are vaulting 3 lovely tea sets from QC & have replaced them with 3 new tea sets that are baked into the small tables. :grr
ImageImage

Postby Kio (185180932) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:13 pm

All those details put in to the "strong" wrist watch you guys designed only to shrink it down to the size of a dot that you can barely even see? :?: & this happens all the time. :eh: Why are your artists constantly instructed to waste their time in this way? Old wrist watches can be seen because they are large enough. I'll say it again, why are your artists instructed to waste their time making wrist watches that you can barely see? Sizing. Issue. Big time. I have asked this question many times and the feedback has never sank in. It is just baffling and nonsensical. I like the strong work pants for the males so those were my only purchase.
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 10425

Postby Proud2BDavesDattr (106457115) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:59 pm

The greenhouse would have went so well with the tiny home theme. I bought a coin home and it still sits empty. Im bored to tears and glad for those who like it but I Cant Play because everything is either broken or lags or takes forever to open my inventory. Im fading away from here fast./ Boring themes ae ok IF I can still decorate Old Homes. But I CANT.
Proud2BDavesDattr (106457115)
YoWorld Level: 395
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 2231

Postby Annie (118992501) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:26 pm

So, what did I like about today's release :eh:? The bee hives, the bee keepers, the spoon egg race, the community garden blankets, the trees and the tea tables. Oh, yes... bought a couple of the relaxing Teddy Bears and... that's a wrap.

Happy Easter.

Annie (118992501)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 2667
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Annie (118992501) wrote:So, what did I like about today's release :eh:? The bee hives, the bee keepers, the spoon egg race, the community garden blankets, the trees and the tea tables. Oh, yes... bought a couple of the relaxing Teddy Bears and... that's a wrap.

Happy Easter.

I haven't bought anything yet so you've reached more items than me :haha: :hug:
Image Image
"Have courage and be kind." ♛
PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 17228
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Writing essays, eating pringles and running after my puppy

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions