I would really appreciate it if...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: I would really appreciate it if...

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:

Then I need Bvg to step up and give me some credit for the halloween dresses they released based on the pictures I posted here in forums... 3 years ago :haha: :silly:

Those were the best dresses ever!!! Probably because they weren’t my idea!!! :haha:

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11206
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Yes they were in the wrong for not naming others when they took their ideas from that specific thread (which is what it looks like) but the solution IMO is to just not name anyone.

Problem solved!

SL Stoner69 (180534330)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2011

Forum Posts: 14313
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:

Then I need Bvg to step up and give me some credit for the halloween dresses they released based on the pictures I posted here in forums... 3 years ago :haha: :silly:

Those were the best dresses ever!!! Probably because they weren’t my idea!!! :haha:

I'm glad you liked them :heart: :haha:

(Insert delusional and laughable quote here)

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 11339
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 pm

to be realistic, just because someone posts a suggestion on here doesn't really mean that they were the only or even 1st one to voice it.. any number of people could have pmed a viking or contacted support to suggest it as well. it's all hypothetical situations
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 234
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 7628
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:When you post an idea in a public place you completely lose all ownership of that idea and credit is not due, it would be nice if they could credit everyone for things they’ve incorporated due to suggestions but that would be impossible.

My friend first hand went through this years ago under Z she made a costume design and it didn’t win, months later Z passed virtually the exact same design and did not credit her or compensate her in any way because that idea belonged to them now. It sucks but it happens and it has happened and it will keep happening and there’s no way around it.

It seems like you misunderstood the point of this thread. This isn't about having our names slapped all over theme items just because we suggested them and this isn't about having "ownership" over our ideas.

If BVG decides to simply name YoFans who suggested themes that entered theme surveys, then it would be fair to name ALL YoFans who suggested themes that were picked up by BVG and entered in a survey and not just certain ones. I suggested both the Opera theme and the Heroes theme(both are shown in my Theme Suggestions thread) and BVG used the examples that I took time to pick out and provide in my thread in their survey. They did not name me as the one who suggested those themes. Kind of unfair that they named many others but they didn't name the person whose examples they actually used. It was a simple thing. It could have taken two seconds to name me but they, for whatever reason, chose not to.

Honestly, I don’t think that this was something they did intentionally. If anything they probably use the very same image and wording that they used in the last survey when they credited him and that’s why his name was there and everyone else had names excluded.

Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:to be realistic, just because someone posts a suggestion on here doesn't really mean that they were the only or even 1st one to voice it.. any number of people could have pmed a viking or contacted support to suggest it as well. it's all hypothetical situations

Exactly my point. So unless you specifically designed an outfit or item for this game and BVG assures you that they are going to credit you (like they do in design contests), then imo, there shouldn’t be credit otherwise. IMO!!

SL Stoner69 (180534330)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:to be realistic, just because someone posts a suggestion on here doesn't really mean that they were the only or even 1st one to voice it.. any number of people could have pmed a viking or contacted support to suggest it as well. it's all hypothetical situations

BVG used examples that I provided in their survey. They literally used a picture of the same establishment that I posted about for my Opera suggestion as well as a picture of a superhero that I used for my hero suggestions.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 8703

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 pm

And here you have it folks. This weekends party thread. *posts a gif of a person using a noise-maker* lol jk i'm on my phone & much too lazy to fish out a gif... either way i think this is a buncha hoo-ha for nothing. I know the forum is a boring place at times but this thread is a couple months late & frankly its.. reaching & old news a few of us got mentioned. Don't let me stop that butter on your popcorn though. Btw thank you bvg for crediting people...i understood the reasoning and it was an honor...if you can go & credit everyone else to get this thread overwith by monday.
:drink: cheers. :haha: lordy....
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 9241

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:And here you have it folks. This weekends party thread. *posts a gif of a person using a noise-maker* lol jk i'm on my phone & much too lazy to fish out a gif... either way i think this is a buncha hoo-ha for nothing. I know the forum is a boring place at times but this thread is a couple months late & frankly its old news a few of us got mentioned. Don't let me stop that butter on your popcorn though. Btw thank you bvg for crediting people...i understood the reasoning and it was an honor...if you can go & credit everyone else to get this thread overwith by monday.

This thread isn't a "few months late". They used my suggestions and examples in their theme survey from YESTERDAY. The entire point of this thread is not to complain about people that were credited. It's to complain about people like me and Erwyle who were not named for our suggestions.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Allergic2BS (135815676) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Allergic2BS (135815676)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 6000
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: In order for you to insult me.. I must 1st value your opinion.

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 pm

Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:Image

(Insert delusional and laughable quote here)

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 11339
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:And here you have it folks. This weekends party thread. *posts a gif of a person using a noise-maker* lol jk i'm on my phone & much too lazy to fish out a gif... either way i think this is a buncha hoo-ha for nothing. I know the forum is a boring place at times but this thread is a couple months late & frankly its old news a few of us got mentioned. Don't let me stop that butter on your popcorn though. Btw thank you bvg for crediting people...i understood the reasoning and it was an honor...if you can go & credit everyone else to get this thread overwith by monday.

This thread isn't a "few months late". They used my suggestions and examples in their theme survey from YESTERDAY. The entire point of this thread is not to complain about people that were credited. It's to complain about people like me and Erwyle who were not named for our suggestions.

Maybe next time they will credit you. I'm not sure why they would be inconsistant in their decision to credit people. I don't know how their minds work over at bvg headquarters. I wonder if they are following certain criteria for when they decide to credit people for their suggestions.
Kio (185180932)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:33 pm

Isn’t it more important if you actually get the theme/items you want? Honestly when the themes come out, no one is really going to remember who suggested them and honestly everything that is suggested are someone else’s ideas and art anyway. We really can’t claim any of it as our own.

Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:Isn’t it more important if you actually get the theme/items you want? Honestly when the themes come out, no one is really going to remember who suggested them and honestly everything that is suggested are someone else’s ideas and art anyway. We really can’t claim any of it as our own.

This is what I’ve been trying to say but you are much more eloquent with your viewpoints. To stop these kinds of situations from happening that’s why I suggest we credit no one in these scenarios all in favor say ‘I’ :haha:

SL Stoner69 (180534330)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:40 pm

SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:
Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:Isn’t it more important if you actually get the theme/items you want? Honestly when the themes come out, no one is really going to remember who suggested them and honestly everything that is suggested are someone else’s ideas and art anyway. We really can’t claim any of it as our own.

This is what I’ve been trying to say but you are much more eloquent with your viewpoints. To stop these kinds of situations from happening that’s why I suggest we credit no one in these scenarios all in favor say ‘I’ :haha:

I get that she feels left out. At this point I would Be more worried about them butchering a potentially great theme if it’s chosen. I’m not even sure why they felt the need to credit anybody in the first place back when they started it. Every picture that we’ve posted everything that we’ve asked for are probably mostly from things that we’ve seen that other people have created and would like to have in Yo.

Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:

Isn’t it more important if you actually get the theme/items you want? Honestly when the themes come out, no one is really going to remember who suggested them and honestly everything that is suggested are someone else’s ideas and art anyway. We really can’t claim any of it as our own.

Agree!!! Its much less important who suggested it & more important that themes people want become a reality. It shouldnt matter who posted it first or got the most recognition for an idea being brought forward as we dont have ownership of entire genres or themes. It is all borrowed concepts in most cases. But if it will trigger people i wouldn't mind if it stopped. I think it was a one-off anyway as that thread at the time had intentions of transparency backing it so at the time they felt crediting was appropriate. But if it can trigger people like this i hope they steer clear next time. Lol either way i'm looking forward to the new themes we *all* asked for.
:D
Kio (185180932)

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 pm

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:Seeing as my name was one mentioned in a survey has upset you I'm sorry... I don't mind either way if they credit players more often for their unique ideas or in regards to the post they chose from. I believe it was their way of proving that they are taking player suggestions seriously and pushing forward with them for a good initiative towards the game. Also a way to encourage more players to post their suggestions in the appropriate places to see their vivid ideas realized if given the opportunity as well.. but of course they can't name every last person who suggested the same idea or the credits would be endless. I am sorry they decided not to credit you for an idea, there is always other opportunities for them to do so. It actually surprised me that they did it but the way I looked at is that some ideas stood out to them from certain posts and those were the post they decided to use, rather than have very specific ideas go uncredited. I don't believe it was done to harm to leave anybody out, just maybe the specific posts they chose to use, and for more transparency since they were using very specific posts to adhere a theme to. I guess also since they asked for ideas, their idea was to also credit said players. Anyway, sorry it upset you, like I said if they decide not to do this any further it would not upset me and it would be their call.

OMG! why do you feel sorry... you shouldn't. If someone is jealous or what ever, you should not feel sorry. Next thing we know, people will be demanding a whole theme with their nickname and real last name! :haha: :haha:

Literally where did anyone anywhere on this entire thread express jealously of any sort? Stop hijacking threads and instigating drama just to feed your own pettiness.

Literally where did anyone anywhere on this entire thread express jealously of any sort? well... if you aren't don't wear the shoe, simple, right?
Stop hijacking threads and instigating drama just to feed your own pettiness. I just simply made a comment, if you feel sooooo affected by it, just take it easy :hug:

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1046
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 pm

How on Earth did this thread evolve from simply pointing out that BVG should credit everyone that they take theme ideas from instead of a few if they insist on naming people to begin with to then criticizing people who want credit? This was not the point of this thread at all. :dizzy:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:
MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:Seeing as my name was one mentioned in a survey has upset you I'm sorry... I don't mind either way if they credit players more often for their unique ideas or in regards to the post they chose from. I believe it was their way of proving that they are taking player suggestions seriously and pushing forward with them for a good initiative towards the game. Also a way to encourage more players to post their suggestions in the appropriate places to see their vivid ideas realized if given the opportunity as well.. but of course they can't name every last person who suggested the same idea or the credits would be endless. I am sorry they decided not to credit you for an idea, there is always other opportunities for them to do so. It actually surprised me that they did it but the way I looked at is that some ideas stood out to them from certain posts and those were the post they decided to use, rather than have very specific ideas go uncredited. I don't believe it was done to harm to leave anybody out, just maybe the specific posts they chose to use, and for more transparency since they were using very specific posts to adhere a theme to. I guess also since they asked for ideas, their idea was to also credit said players. Anyway, sorry it upset you, like I said if they decide not to do this any further it would not upset me and it would be their call.

OMG! why do you feel sorry... you shouldn't. If someone is jealous or what ever, you should not feel sorry. Next thing we know, people will be demanding a whole theme with their nickname and real last name! :haha: :haha:

:haha: :rose: okay you have a point! Ty :)

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:02 am

Oh my goodness. I am not upset in the slightest that you were named in the survey and I do not need an apology from you. I was just using you and Liam as examples of people who were named in recent surveys and wondered why certain other players such as me and Erwyle had our suggestions posted but no credit given. I was not calling you guys out. It's unfair to credit certain players for suggesting certain themes and then to completely discredit other players while at the same time using examples that that player provided in your survey. It kind of just feels like a slap in the face.

Anyway, I'm really sorry if you felt that I was upset over you being credited in the survey. I tried very hard to make it not seem that way.

I'm also sorry that certain illiterate forumers feel the need to accuse other players of being "jealous" when there is not a single shread of jealously expressed in either my main post or in any other post I left here. You know these people are desperately trying to start drama when they have to accuse people of being jealous out of thin air.

Out of this tiny world of yoworld do you know any of us and what we do for a living to call us illiterate?

Pink, I pay you 200k just because... lol

:haha:

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions