I would really appreciate it if...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: I would really appreciate it if...

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:
Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Shaggers McCocky (126579776) wrote:I'm going to run an Idea Trademarking Service in Yo. For 100 yo cash you can come up with an idea and I'll file it as yours and you can hold the rights to it for infinity.

:idea: :haha:

Not really....they never use my ideas...... :haha:

:haha: :star:

I thought it was already clear that any Halloween idea is either stolen directly or derived from posts you've made? :haha:

Everyone appreciates honesty until you're honest with them. Then you're an a$$hole. - George Carlin
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30387
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Willow (13350872) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 pm

I didn't know anyone was credited, I guess that's how much I pay attention :haha: :silly:
Missing Kitty Kate
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 12811
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 pm

Shaggers McCocky (126579776) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:
Shaggers McCocky (126579776) wrote:I'm going to run an Idea Trademarking Service in Yo. For 100 yo cash you can come up with an idea and I'll file it as yours and you can hold the rights to it for infinity.

:haha: :star:

I thought it was already clear that any Halloween idea is either stolen directly or derived from posts you've made? :haha:

You also forgot, thoughts in my head....... :shocked: :haha:

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11206
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:I didn't know anyone was credited, I guess that's how much I pay attention :haha: :silly:

It happened a while ago. I'm not sure why now it is coming up. Me, rod, & a few others got mentioned with our themes that we posted. I think because bvg was using the direct posts as example is why it said something like "suggested by yofan such & such etc". It was just a survey like any other. But it sprang from a thread that is still active that was calling for yofan theme suggestions. This thread: viewtopic.php?p=4117647&f=2#p4117647
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 9241
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Sophia (186138414) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 pm

I don't know which one of you two gave me the biggest belly laugh! :haha: :haha: :hug:

Sophia (186138414)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 21, 2015

Forum Posts: 591
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:Seeing as my name was one mentioned in a survey has upset you I'm sorry... I don't mind either way if they credit players more often for their unique ideas or in regards to the post they chose from. I believe it was their way of proving that they are taking player suggestions seriously and pushing forward with them for a good initiative towards the game. Also a way to encourage more players to post their suggestions in the appropriate places to see their vivid ideas realized if given the opportunity as well.. but of course they can't name every last person who suggested the same idea or the credits would be endless. I am sorry they decided not to credit you for an idea, there is always other opportunities for them to do so. It actually surprised me that they did it but the way I looked at is that some ideas stood out to them from certain posts and those were the post they decided to use, rather than have very specific ideas go uncredited. I don't believe it was done to harm to leave anybody out, just maybe the specific posts they chose to use, and for more transparency since they were using very specific posts to adhere a theme to. I guess also since they asked for ideas, their idea was to also credit said players. Anyway, sorry it upset you, like I said if they decide not to do this any further it would not upset me and it would be their call.
:D

OMG! why do you feel sorry... you shouldn't. If someone is jealous or what ever, you should not feel sorry. Next thing we know, people will be demanding a whole theme with their nickname and real last name! :haha: :haha:

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1046
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 pm

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:
Kio (185180932) wrote:Seeing as my name was one mentioned in a survey has upset you I'm sorry... I don't mind either way if they credit players more often for their unique ideas or in regards to the post they chose from. I believe it was their way of proving that they are taking player suggestions seriously and pushing forward with them for a good initiative towards the game. Also a way to encourage more players to post their suggestions in the appropriate places to see their vivid ideas realized if given the opportunity as well.. but of course they can't name every last person who suggested the same idea or the credits would be endless. I am sorry they decided not to credit you for an idea, there is always other opportunities for them to do so. It actually surprised me that they did it but the way I looked at is that some ideas stood out to them from certain posts and those were the post they decided to use, rather than have very specific ideas go uncredited. I don't believe it was done to harm to leave anybody out, just maybe the specific posts they chose to use, and for more transparency since they were using very specific posts to adhere a theme to. I guess also since they asked for ideas, their idea was to also credit said players. Anyway, sorry it upset you, like I said if they decide not to do this any further it would not upset me and it would be their call.

OMG! why do you feel sorry... you shouldn't. If someone is jealous or what ever, you should not feel sorry. Next thing we know, people will be demanding a whole theme with their nickname and real last name! :haha: :haha:

:haha: :rose: okay you have a point! Ty :)
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 9241

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Kio (185180932) wrote:

:haha: :rose: okay you have a point! Ty :)

Then I need Bvg to step up and give me some credit for the halloween dresses they released based on the pictures I posted here in forums... 3 years ago :haha: :silly:

(Insert delusional and laughable quote here)

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 11339
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 pm

I see you don't spend Money on here Phantom, spend money then they'll care. :sleeping: :sleeping: I noticed they stopped listening to me in 2017 when I stopped VIP.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 4614
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Literally where did anyone anywhere on this entire thread express jealously of any sort? Stop hijacking threads and instigating drama just to feed your own pettiness.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 8703

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Oh my goodness. I am not upset in the slightest that you were named in the survey and I do not need an apology from you. I was just using you and Liam as examples of people who were named in recent surveys and wondered why certain other players such as me and Erwyle had our suggestions posted but no credit given. I was not calling you guys out. It's unfair to credit certain players for suggesting certain themes and then to completely discredit other players while at the same time using examples that that player provided in your survey. It kind of just feels like a slap in the face.

Anyway, I'm really sorry if you felt that I was upset over you being credited in the survey. I tried very hard to make it not seem that way.

I'm also sorry that certain illiterate forumers feel the need to accuse other players of being "jealous" when there is not a single shread of jealously expressed in either my main post or in any other post I left here. You know these people are desperately trying to start drama when they have to accuse people of being jealous out of thin air.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:59 pm

NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:I see you don't spend Money on here Phantom, spend money then they'll care. :sleeping: :sleeping: I noticed they stopped listening to me in 2017 when I stopped VIP.

Well this would be valid if the player who got mentioned had a supporter badge but they don’t so I don’t think this is to blame? Either way if you spend money or don’t everyone has a valid opinion and can express it when they want and I don’t think VIP tried to isolate their players but they do have to cater to what paying costumers want or else those customers will stop spending. Realistically they can’t please anyone and they could do a better job trying to accommodate so more people spend but that’s a whole different thing.

SL Stoner69 (180534330)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2011

Forum Posts: 14313

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:03 pm

I think to make it fair no one should get credit. The themes are just suggestions and there’s no way to tell who was the first to suggest it I mean the suggestion I saw personally I’ve seen from friends and other forumers in the past.

IMO credit should be reserved for those who design a specific item i.e design contests. No one else should get credited just so things like these don’t happen.

SL Stoner69 (180534330)

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Quite a bargain! :shocked:

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 7990

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:05 pm

When you post an idea in a public place you completely lose all ownership of that idea and credit is not due, it would be nice if they could credit everyone for things they’ve incorporated due to suggestions but that would be impossible.

My friend first hand went through this years ago under Z she made a costume design and it didn’t win, months later Z passed virtually the exact same design and did not credit her or compensate her in any way because that idea belonged to them now. It sucks but it happens and it has happened and it will keep happening and there’s no way around it.

SL Stoner69 (180534330)

Postby XxPurpleHazexX (139135464) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:08 pm

SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:When you post an idea in a public place you completely lose all ownership of that idea and credit is not due, it would be nice if they could credit everyone for things they’ve incorporated due to suggestions but that would be impossible.

My friend first hand went through this years ago under Z she made a costume design and it didn’t win, months later Z passed virtually the exact same design and did not credit her or compensate her in any way because that idea belonged to them now. It sucks but it happens and it has happened and it will keep happening and there’s no way around it.

Agree! I like your turtle hahah! You Avi looks ready for bed!

XxPurpleHazexX (139135464)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 7990

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:10 pm

one time, a viking said I had a really good idea and he was gonna put it to the team, but nothing ever came of it so I imagine he was just saying it to get me to shut up lol
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 234
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 7628

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 pm

SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:When you post an idea in a public place you completely lose all ownership of that idea and credit is not due, it would be nice if they could credit everyone for things they’ve incorporated due to suggestions but that would be impossible.

It seems like you misunderstood the point of this thread. This isn't about having our names slapped all over theme items just because we suggested them and this isn't about having "ownership" over our ideas.

If BVG decides to simply name YoFans who suggested themes that entered theme surveys, then it would be fair to name ALL YoFans who suggested themes that were picked up by BVG and entered in a survey and not just certain ones. I suggested both the Opera theme and the Heroes theme(both are shown in my Theme Suggestions thread) and BVG used the examples that I took time to pick out and provide in my thread in their survey. They did not name me as the one who suggested those themes. Kind of unfair that they named many others but they didn't name the person whose examples they actually used. It was a simple thing. It could have taken two seconds to name me but they, for whatever reason, chose not to.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:14 pm

I did not misunderstand anything I just don’t agree with your viewpoint. My comprehension skills are completely fine.

My viewpoint is BVG should credit NO ONE for their suggestions because most likely they aren’t original and even if they are there is no way to prove it and then misunderstandings and situations like these happen. It is unfair to credit some players and not others, but it’s impossible to credit everyone, so why even bother? Again, this is a public domain and your ideas and suggestions are free for anyone to use without credit IMO.

We don’t live in a perfect world and no solution will make everyone happy.

SL Stoner69 (180534330)

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

Oh my goodness. I am not upset in the slightest that you were named in the survey and I do not need an apology from you. I was just using you and Liam as examples of people who were named in recent surveys and wondered why certain other players such as me and Erwyle had our suggestions posted but no credit given. I was not calling you guys out. It's unfair to credit certain players for suggesting certain themes and then to completely discredit other players while at the same time using examples that that player provided in your survey. It kind of just feels like a slap in the face.

Anyway, I'm really sorry if you felt that I was upset over you being credited in the survey. I tried very hard to make it not seem that way.

I'm also sorry that certain illiterate forumers feel the need to accuse other players of being "jealous" when there is not a single shread of jealously expressed in either my main post or in any other post I left here. You know these people are desperately trying to start drama when they have to accuse people of being jealous out of thin air.

Out of this tiny world of yoworld do you know any of us and what we do for a living to call us illiterate?
Last edited by Pinkylola (235554) on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(Insert delusional and laughable quote here)

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 11339
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions