Never Released Items

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Never Released Items

Postby Ape Date (126579776) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Pulse (126579776) wrote:So now we are yearning for things that never were? :haha:

Not this cowboy. We have 160,000 items with 200 more every week. I'm already overwhelmed. I don't need one more of anything unless it is something absolutely fantastic. None of those qualify.

:thumbsup:

I just don't see why they'd waste an artist's time..

Because they are a hydra of talent driven by bosses who often don't have the same vision about where their bus is going........ :haha:

But that statement is true of every IT shop I've ever audited. There will always be wasted effort due to inefficient management. It is what it is..... :smug:

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself? - Switchfoot

Ape Date (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32285
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Pulse (126579776) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Pulse (126579776) wrote:So now we are yearning for things that never were? :haha:

Not this cowboy. We have 160,000 items with 200 more every week. I'm already overwhelmed. I don't need one more of anything unless it is something absolutely fantastic. None of those qualify.

Because they are a hydra of talent driven by bosses who often don't have the same vision about where their bus is going........ :haha:

But that statement is true of every IT shop I've ever audited. There will always be wasted effort due to inefficient management. It is what it is..... :smug:

Or they could just give us the items at no cost to them...

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 23827
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Pulse (126579776) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Or they could just give us the items at no cost to them...

Leeum (130695460)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 pm

What do you mean 'never were?'

They exist, they just haven't been put into the game.

What on earth is the point in making stuff and then not selling it? :dizzy:

Isn't that a ridiculous waste of resources?

The vast majority of people on this thread would like to see these items released, seems straightforward enough given that someone has already invested time and expense in making them :drink:
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 6799
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:

The vast majority of people on this thread would like to see these items released, seems straightforward enough given that someone has already invested time and expense in making them :drink:

Leeum (130695460)

Postby Ape Date (126579776) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 pm

I have a myopic view of the things that get released in the game. If something never gets into the game, it "never was" in my book. BVG could have a treasure chest of 500 items that "never were" for all we know? But these 500 already created items are no different to me than the infinite number of ideas we talk about all the time. Until BVG pulls the trigger, they just don't matter for game purposes in my head.

With that out of the way, I absolutely understand that if someone likes the stuff and wants it and can see it, they have every right to let BVG know they would like to have it. If one of the items was a magical charcoal battle sword with etched flame detailing, I might even be inclined to ask for it. Or not. And I absolutely agree that BVG is wasting resources when they do this. They should have an annual "grab bag" release for funsies where they offload all the "misfit" items. That could be fun.

Maybe redemption has stories to tell
Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell
Where can you run to escape from yourself? - Switchfoot

Ape Date (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32285
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:55 am

Pulse (126579776) wrote:

I have a myopic view of the things that get released in the game. If something never gets into the game, it "never was" in my book. BVG could have a treasure chest of 500 items that "never were" for all we know? But these 500 already created items are no different to me than the infinite number of ideas we talk about all the time. Until BVG pulls the trigger, they just don't matter for game purposes in my head.

With that out of the way, I absolutely understand that if someone likes the stuff and wants it and can see it, they have every right to let BVG know they would like to have it. If one of the items was a magical charcoal battle sword with etched flame detailing, I might even be inclined to ask for it. Or not. And I absolutely agree that BVG is wasting resources when they do this. They should have an annual "grab bag" release for funsies where they offload all the "misfit" items. That could be fun.

I prefer your 2nd paragraph - the one where you see an opportunity (like we did) rather than an obstacle :smug:

Additionally, IMO something's either a good idea, or it isn't.

My opinion wasn't based on specifically wanting one of the items in question. It could have been a load of items I'd never use but I would still agree that in principle, they're better off being sold than not once they've been made and assuming that anything non-game worthy would have been discarded.

I didn't even understand Viking's Sarah's explanation about them not fitting into a theme tbh. My understanding was that they create theme-specific content, but her post seems to contradict that? :eh:

Saddens me that there's no flexibility to just put them out anyway - this self-imposed theme timetable seems to hamper / restrict at times, but OTOH it is their game so they can literally do whatever they like.

So why don't they?
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 6799
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions