Suggestions for Themes That We've Never Had Before

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Suggestions for Themes That We've Never Had Before

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Hey guys! So this thread kind of goes hand-in-hand with my thread about items we have never had before. In this thread, I'll share some ideas for themes that I would love to have that we have never had before in this game.

Here is the item thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=179483

Here is a list of suggestions that I have so far for Full Length Themes:

Native American/Indigenous
A theme that showcases Native culture in it's own right instead of in it's relation to American Western or Canadian culture.

A Night at the Opera
Early 1900's Opera inspired theme with an Opera house and outfits that resemble what performers in the Opera would wear as well as what guests in the audience would wear.

I'm absolutely captivated by the Palais Garnier in Paris. I would ADORE an Opera house theme for both decor and wearables!

(Fun Fact! We already have these red drapes in the game from the HW2015 Mysterious Manor theme!)

We can't have an Opera theme without these glasses!
And some more pictures for aesthetic purposes.

Scottish Highlands
A theme about traditional Scottish Culture. We could have outfits with different Tartan prints as well as hats and accessories that could embody important elements of Scottish culture. I desperately want something to do with the Loch Ness Monster. A pet, an interactive, a plushie. SOMETHING!

History Museum
I would love love love love LOVE this. I adore museums so so so much. I think this theme should be only furniture, single clothing items(like t-shirts), and accessories though. I don't think it would be possible to create interesting hairs or outfits with this concept. We could have displays and the items could be separated by displays. We could also have a gift shop room and a cafeteria! We could have famous historical artifacts as decor items like the Rosetta Stone, Assyrian man/animal sculptures, Parthenon marbles, etc. This theme could also spawn some amazing interactives. :thumbsup:

For accessories, we could have handheld artifact items as well as gift shop souvenirs.

Russian Winter
We've never had a theme about Russian(besides Russian Circus) which doesn't really embody most of Russian culture. I'd love to see opulent clothing with traditional patterning, textures, and fabrics.

Romeo and Juliet
This theme could be a super romantic, 1400's style Italian theme. Yeah there's not really much else to say. :silly:

The clothing for females could be very feminine with loose fitting but still slimming dresses and minimal prints.

YoHeroes(Suggested by Rod)
I'm not sure what Rod envisions with a YoWorld superhero theme. For me at least, I want something that is very comic-book-y. I'd love different types of superhero outfits for male and females. Please make it fitting for the avatar and attractive and not frumpy and baggy. Here are some super-hero outfits that I love and would love to have similar ones on Yo. If designers were not allowed to recreate outfits from comic books of already existing characters like Thor or The Fantastic Four or Spider-Man than I'd love to see BVG take inspiration from comic books and superhero movies to make their own original superhero outfits.

Here are some photos that I have pulled from movies, comic books, and tv shows for inspiration:

I've listed more suggestions for a superhero theme in the thread linked here:

Another theme that I suggested last year that I found while digging through the forums. It's a Tower of London theme, I'm not going to share it here because this thread is already long enough haha. If you want to check it out click the link down below.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=171247&p=3791090&hilit=theme+suggestion#p3791090

If you guys have any suggestions for themes that we have never had before please share them down below.
Last edited by MsPhantom (129173078) on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 9779
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Theme's We've Never Had Before

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Texas Hill Country
Hidden Vineyards
Chili Cookoff
Bayou Plantation (night)
Alpine Meadows
YoHeroes (a superhero theme)

See, I can be serious once in a while. :angel: :haha:

My identity is not my obstacle. My identity is my superpower. - America Ferrera

Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32068
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:Hey guys! So this thread kind of goes hand-in-hand with my thread about items we have never had before. In this thread, I'll share some ideas for themes that I would love to have that we have never had before in this game.

History Museum
I would love love love love LOVE this. I adore museums so so so much. I think this theme should be only furniture, single clothing items(like t-shirts), and accessories though. I don't think it would be possible to create interesting hairs or outfits with this concept. We could have displays and the items could be separated by displays. We could also have a gift shop room and a cafeteria! We could have famous historical artifacts as decor items like the Rosetta Stone, Assyrian man/animal sculptures, Parthenon marbles, etc. This theme could also spawn some amazing interactives. :thumbsup:

For accessories, we could have handheld artifact items as well as gift shop souvenirs.

If you guys have any suggestions for themes that we have never had before please share them down below.

We could get awesome historic hairstyles with the museum theme! And historic clothing too! :thumbsup: Or just modern hairstyles and clothes? Things a visitor would wear to the museum? Think "date at the museum" outfit. (Going to the museum and then dinner out is my most favorite date ever!)

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3201
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Edinburgh

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 23694
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:Hey guys! So this thread kind of goes hand-in-hand with my thread about items we have never had before. In this thread, I'll share some ideas for themes that I would love to have that we have never had before in this game.

History Museum

We could get awesome historic hairstyles with the museum theme! And historic clothing too! :thumbsup: Or just modern hairstyles and clothes? Things a visitor would wear to the museum? Think "date at the museum" outfit. (Going to the museum and then dinner out is my most favorite date ever!)

I disagree. What do you mean by "historic" hairstyles and outfits? Museums put things on exhibition from all different time periods and cultures and to only focus on 3 random styles from 3 random time periods and cultures is silly and unnecessary and difficult to incorporate into the theme. I also think that outfits and hairstyles are unnecessary because people just wear regular clothing to museums. Clothing that we already have in stores. I would much rather the time and effort that would be spent on outfits and hair be spent on accessories and furniture instead that are actually relevant to the subject matter of the theme.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:28 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

History Museum

I disagree. What do you mean by "historic" hairstyles and outfits? Museums put things on exhibition from all different time periods and cultures and to only focus on 3 random styles from 3 random time periods and cultures is silly and unnecessary and difficult to incorporate into the theme. I also think that outfits and hairstyles are unnecessary because people just wear regular clothing to museums. Clothing that we already have in stores. I would much rather the time and effort that would be spent on outfits and hair be spent on accessories and furniture instead that are actually relevant to the subject matter of the theme.

I think some nice "date" clothes that are current would be great! A lot of people dress nicer than jeans and a t-shirt when going to the museum. (Or they do in all the museums I've been to over my whole life...) New things would be awesome, including new clothing! :thumbsup: :rose:

Katherine (121079165)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:31 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:

History Museum

I think some nice "date" clothes that are current would be great! A lot of people dress nicer than jeans and a t-shirt when going to the museum. (Or they do in all the museums I've been to over my whole life...) New things would be awesome, including new clothing! :thumbsup: :rose:

We can just agree to disagree. :) I think it's unnecessary to force outfits into every theme especially when they're not relevant to theme and the time spent to make these outfits detract from time spent on items relevant to the theme.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Judes CDN (1597633) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm

:thumbsup: All good ideas your giving BVG to put in the Gem events.
Judes CDN (1597633)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 5013
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Judes CDN (1597633) wrote::thumbsup: All good ideas your giving BVG to put in the Gem events.

Geez I hope not. :sick:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Other ideas:
The Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk!
The Moon Landing from the astronauts on the moon perspective!
Modern Cruise ship? (Or have we had one like this before?)
I'll come up with more I'm sure and post them!

Katherine (121079165)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:Other ideas:
The Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk!
The Moon Landing from the astronauts on the moon perspective!
Modern Cruise ship? (Or have we had one like this before?)
I'll come up with more I'm sure and post them!

I really love the Modern cruise ship idea! We have an old Zynga cruise ship home but I've never seen furniture or clothing designed for that theme so I think the property was just a stand-alone property? But amazing idea, Katherine!
MsPhantom (129173078)

Re: Theme's We've Never Had Before/Theme Suggestions

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

No more long dresses plz :phew: and weird hats

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

When people put others down, it's just to pick themselves up. Some people will do just about anything for some attention.
xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 2910
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Theme's We've Never Had Before/Theme Suggestions

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:54 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:No more long dresses plz :phew: and weird hats

I like long dresses if they fit the theme and are styled in a way thats attractive and not baggy looking. Don't worry NV, I have suggestions for more modern themes that would have shorter dresses/skirts.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Re: Suggestions for Themes That We've Never Had Before

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:00 pm

The Russian Winter and Scottish theme sound amazing. I'd definitely enjoy those, given BVG delivers them well.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 439
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 26895
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:The Russian Winter and Scottish theme sound amazing. I'd definitely enjoy those, given BVG delivers them well.

:hug:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Wow - I love so many of these ideas! The Scottish highlands, Russian winter, Romeo and Juliet :thumbsup:
I also love the moon landing scenario
I, too, love long dresses, but I agree, weird hats have been way overdone!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465
Wish: Animated Electric Guitar HH YMCA2018

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 3284

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Bayou Plantation - I can see it now - very cool
So is the Appine Meadows
Museums - would love to have an art museum
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465
Wish: Animated Electric Guitar HH YMCA2018

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 3284

Postby Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm

"The Hobbit"--I would not trust BVG at all with "Lord of the Rings" but maybe they can pull off Bilbo, Dwarves, and a Dragon... Mainly I just want a well done Hobbit home (which needs to be underground unless you are a Bree Hobbit).
Stormy Amphitrite (186654727)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 964
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Pretend mermaid lives part time in the Salish Sea, part time in the Pacific.

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Loki (126579776) wrote:Texas Hill Country
Hidden Vineyards
Chili Cookoff
Bayou Plantation (night)
Alpine Meadows
YoHeroes (a superhero theme)

See, I can be serious once in a while. :angel: :haha:

Added YoHeroes! Still looking at images for the rest.
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:The Russian Winter and Scottish theme sound amazing. I'd definitely enjoy those, given BVG delivers them well.

Russian Winter--"Doctor Zhivago."
Stormy Amphitrite (186654727)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 964
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Pretend mermaid lives part time in the Salish Sea, part time in the Pacific.

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions