The bane of my yo existence

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

The bane of my yo existence

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:17 am

Have they ever worked out a way or anyone know a way to get the gem off the top left corner of your screen if you are not participating? Not really been playing much so it was not so annoying before but now it is going to be a pain in the arse. If we do not want to participate we should have an option to exit out of it and it stay gone from the top though out the event. Please tell me there is a way someone? o_o

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 7666
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: The bane of my yo existence

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:40 am

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) wrote:Have they ever worked out a way or anyone know a way to get the gem off the top left corner of your screen if you are not participating? Not really been playing much so it was not so annoying before but now it is going to be a pain in the arse. If we do not want to participate we should have an option to exit out of it and it stay gone from the top though out the event. Please tell me there is a way someone? o_o

The only way to get rid of the Icon off your screen is to Complete the Hangout Challenge! There is no other way for the Icon to disappear!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 778
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:20 am

Jade (136873125) wrote:
sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) wrote:Have they ever worked out a way or anyone know a way to get the gem off the top left corner of your screen if you are not participating? Not really been playing much so it was not so annoying before but now it is going to be a pain in the arse. If we do not want to participate we should have an option to exit out of it and it stay gone from the top though out the event. Please tell me there is a way someone? o_o

The only way to get rid of the Icon off your screen is to Complete the Hangout Challenge! There is no other way for the Icon to disappear!

Yea I am not completing any challenges. I guess I will just have to put up with it. I was hoping they would of figured something out for it by now but I guess they are gonna just hold part of my screen hostage as well. I guess its kind of a pet peeve something is there and I can not remove it and it drives me mad. :haha: :dizzy:
Thanks Jade!

Postby Kath (109737351) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:03 am

OMG! I hate that icon! Brings back bad memories from Zynga days when there were icons all over the screen. Just move it off the screen. It has caused me to log out early many times. :grr

Kath (109737351)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 604
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 am

I have been asking about this for months. I couldn't even get a response so I sent a ticket and had no luck there so I stopped buying any extra yocash beyond my vip. I only will buy cash if the icon is not on my screen!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10135
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:28 am

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Yea I am not completing any challenges. I guess I will just have to put up with it. I was hoping they would of figured something out for it by now but I guess they are gonna just hold part of my screen hostage as well. I guess its kind of a pet peeve something is there and I can not remove it and it drives me mad. :haha: :dizzy:
Thanks Jade!

The hangout challenge takes about 10 seconds to do and it will get rid of the icon. You don't even have to buddy anyone. Just go to the location and do the action and its done. It is designed to get us looking at the "ad" for the gem events.

I love and I treasure individuals as I meet them. I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to. - George Carlin
Shiver (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30797
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Viking David » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am

This has been an on going debate between myself and one of our game designers. I'll keep myself in the fight don't worry.

:D :thumbsup:
Viking David
YoWorld Level: 191

Forum Posts: 1465
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:41 am

Queuepid (126579776) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Thanks Jade!

The hangout challenge takes about 10 seconds to do and it will get rid of the icon. You don't even have to buddy anyone. Just go to the location and do the action and its done. It is designed to get us looking at the "ad" for the gem events.

Deal with lag, close out the popups, go back home, delete the stuff you dont want. I dont mind if I have to look at the ad before it closes, but I dont want to participate and I shouldnt have to deal with a 24 hour icon if I dont want to play along. a lot of people are complaining about the gem events and stuff, but they keep doing the tasks to get rid of the icon, so all bvg sees is participation. I am sick of the whole thing and I dont want to add to their data on the gem event at all. I dont want to get rid of the events since so many like them, but I want to be able to ignore it after clicking on it each day.
I sound really cranky and its not towards you in particular. I just chose your post because you say how easy it is to just do it and to me, that is going along for the sake of it. They choose to make me keep the icon, I choose to not do the events, and I know there is a solution, but its not one that is particularly good for me. So i just keep complaining and they keep ignoring me. I spend my money elsewhere for the most part, so my other game loves me right now.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10135
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Thanks Jade!

Deal with lag, close out the popups, go back home, delete the stuff you dont want. I dont mind if I have to look at the ad before it closes, but I dont want to participate and I shouldnt have to deal with a 24 hour icon if I dont want to play along. a lot of people are complaining about the gem events and stuff, but they keep doing the tasks to get rid of the icon, so all bvg sees is participation. I am sick of the whole thing and I dont want to add to their data on the gem event at all. I dont want to get rid of the events since so many like them, but I want to be able to ignore it after clicking on it each day.
I sound really cranky and its not towards you in particular. I just chose your post because you say how easy it is to just do it and to me, that is going along for the sake of it. They choose to make me keep the icon, I choose to not do the events, and I know there is a solution, but its not one that is particularly good for me. So i just keep complaining and they keep ignoring me. I spend my money elsewhere for the most part, so my other game loves me right now.

I agree with you, Snorty. I do the challenges, but that icon sucks. MY BANE is the stupid pop-up window(s) that we are forced to endure after completing the daily challenge task. That is the huge cause of lag and annoyance. You cannot simply bypass the pop-up window by x-ing out. You HAVE to accept it & it takes up the entire screen. Meanwhile, anyone who has sent buddy requests is sitting in limbo, thinking you are ignoring them -- when in reality, you are frozen until the obnoxious pop-up window loads and can THEN be x-ed out. If you are really lucky, the window will pop-up a 2nd or 3rd time. :grr There is ZERO advantage to having that pop-up window. I never NEVER use that window to finish the rest of my Gem tasks (voting, entering contests, etc), since then you are stuck at the daily task site and causing more completely unnecessary traffic for the rest of the Yos on that server.
PLEASE BVG, GET RID OF THE HORRIBLE POP-UP WINDOWS!!!
ImageImage
TORE SLAP UP

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 7635

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:05 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Thanks Jade!

I agree with you, Snorty. I do the challenges, but that icon sucks. MY BANE is the stupid pop-up window(s) that we are forced to endure after completing the daily challenge task. That is the huge cause of lag and annoyance. You cannot simply bypass the pop-up window by x-ing out. You HAVE to accept it & it takes up the entire screen. Meanwhile, anyone who has sent buddy requests is sitting in limbo, thinking you are ignoring them -- when in reality, you are frozen until the obnoxious pop-up window loads and can THEN be x-ed out. If you are really lucky, the window will pop-up a 2nd or 3rd time. :grr There is ZERO advantage to having that pop-up window. I never NEVER use that window to finish the rest of my Gem tasks (voting, entering contests, etc), since then you are stuck at the daily task site and causing more completely unnecessary traffic for the rest of the Yos on that server.
PLEASE BVG, GET RID OF THE HORRIBLE POP-UP WINDOWS!!!

yep i also agree with you Snorty... and yes Julie the windows need to go! i have got rid then suddenly ive got one pop up again telling me what i just won for the second time and when you close that you get the big window AGAIN which shows your challenge is complete! i just wanna thank those who buddied and waited then go, not seem rude because i can't thank them until everything is gone and sometimes they have left seeing that you've done your action!
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 8078

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am

Viking David wrote:This has been an on going debate between myself and one of our game designers. I'll keep myself in the fight don't worry.

thanks David! just wondering if the said game designer plays? maybe they don't realise how annoying the icon is... or maybe they are so proud of their design they feel it needs to stay there permanently so we can all admire their fantastic piece of artwork! :nerd:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am

Viking David wrote:This has been an on going debate between myself and one of our game designers. I'll keep myself in the fight don't worry.

it really shouldn't even have to be a debate. if people don't want to participate, they should be able to X out the icon.
I mean, i know the reason it is there. BVG is banking on the icon bugging people enough that they will cave and participate in order to get rid of it.that much should be obvious to us all.
perhaps get that particular designer to come read the requests for an option to X out for him/herself.
I live to hunt and hunt to live. I am a meat eater.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 234
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 7677

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:15 am

Taurus (185839344) wrote:

it really shouldn't even have to be a debate. if people don't want to participate, they should be able to X out the icon.
I mean, i know the reason it is there. BVG is banking on the icon bugging people enough that they will cave and participate in order to get rid of it.that much should be obvious to us all.
perhaps get that particular designer to come read the requests for an option to X out for him/herself.

Yes! Make them do it EVERY day & have to stare at the dumb icon constantly, while they are trying to decorate or do crs or any other task in YW.
ImageImage
TORE SLAP UP

YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 7635

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Thanks Jade!

You are always safe blowing off steam with me. You know you can do no wrong dearest Snorts. :hug:

It is an irritant. This is my first gem event where I am completely out. I am taking a break. It has gotten overwhelming. I'm not doing costumes, rooms, or any of it. I just can't anymore without bothering my conscience. It has corrupted the value equation for too many players. I appreciate them being willing to pay for me to play for free now. There is still enough content for me to enjoy without gem stuff.

I love and I treasure individuals as I meet them. I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to. - George Carlin
Shiver (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30797
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Jade (136873125) wrote:

Thanks Jade!

It is designed to try to make us participate when we do not want to. :dizzy: It does not matter how long it takes I do it it shows I participated and I do not want to participate in something I do not like or agree with.

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks David.

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:34 pm

Snorty (3054329) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Thanks Jade!

Exactly Snorty! :thumbsup:

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:38 pm

:thumbsup:

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:

Yes! Make them do it EVERY day & have to stare at the dumb icon constantly, while they are trying to decorate or do crs or any other task in YW.

great idea! :thumbsup: :haha: ... loving your look and so jealous of your hair! that sure is a pretty colour one! :love: :heart:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Theresa: :hug: ty!
ImageImage
TORE SLAP UP