[UPDATE] Storylines! - Temporarily Unavailable

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [UPDATE] Storylines! - Temporarily Unavailable

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:I'm hoping maybe they'll alternate them, or better yet, do away with the gem events. If they can find a way to make them work simultaneously, I guess that's ok, but also more chores. I wonder what happened to that other thing - I can't think of the name of it. They did it in place of the gem events. The one we got the starry projector thing and some cloud tiles from. That wasn't super exciting, but it was a break from the gems. I wonder if they're experimenting with trying to mix it up a bit.

Lisa, that was Island Treasure Event. And it was also a gem event (although with different mechanics than all the others we had) – players also could buy gems there, or request and send them.

And the reason we never had one like that again? Well, I guess it did not really make much money, since players could get most of the prizes just with sending and requesting gems. We did not really have to spend a single dime on outfits, rooms or gems (remember, the Island Treasure Event run for only for a week).

It was nice, because it provided rewards for simple chores (like storylines do), but since it was run as a gem event there would be big deficit in revenue if they run it in place of regular gem event that runs for a full month.

Until the classic gem events keep on generating revenue (both directly by sales of gems and indirectly by sales of items for outfits or rooms), they will be here.

And even when they stop generating revenue / begin stagnating we are more likely to get something that will require as much time and resources on our part or more.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 2170
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: [UPDATE] Storylines! - Temporarily Unavailable

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:25 am

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:I'm hoping maybe they'll alternate them, or better yet, do away with the gem events. If they can find a way to make them work simultaneously, I guess that's ok, but also more chores. I wonder what happened to that other thing - I can't think of the name of it. They did it in place of the gem events. The one we got the starry projector thing and some cloud tiles from. That wasn't super exciting, but it was a break from the gems. I wonder if they're experimenting with trying to mix it up a bit.

Lisa, that was Island Treasure Event. And it was also a gem event (although with different mechanics than all the others we had) – players also could buy gems there, or request and send them.

And the reason we never had one like that again? Well, I guess it did not really make much money, since players could get most of the prizes just with sending and requesting gems. We did not really have to spend a single dime on outfits, rooms or gems (remember, the Island Treasure Event run for only for a week).

It was nice, because it provided rewards for simple chores (like storylines do), but since it was run as a gem event there would be big deficit in revenue if they run it in place of regular gem event that runs for a full month.

Until the classic gem events keep on generating revenue (both directly by sales of gems and indirectly by sales of items for outfits or rooms), they will be here.

And even when they stop generating revenue / begin stagnating we are more likely to get something that will require as much time and resources on our part or more.

Very true, John. Excellent points. :sad: It's getting exhausting trying to chase items, be it through gambling cash on gems or contributing indirectly by buying stuff in the AH. And doing actions for free gems. And making outfits or rooms for free gems :dizzy: But they're banking on us trying to chase every item because so many of us do. I've been guilty of it in the past, but have toned it down and no longer buy gems. But go figure, they make a theme where I want so many things that I'll cave and overpay in the AH. Ok, I'm trying not to rant, but I'm sleepy :haha:

If we all just stopped, they'd stop, I guess. But then they'd suck us in with some other thing :nerd:

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15054
Forum Title: YoFiend

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions