[EVENT] Romancing The Yos Event

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Romancing The Yos Event

Postby LiL MaMa (149099631) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 pm

The unreleased Tropical Wings are back in auction. Sure wish the VIKINGS would address this.
WELCOME

LiL MaMa (149099631)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2010

Forum Posts: 2720
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:26 pm

So, this time I notice there is no 500 coin item which I can buy lots of in order to fill the boost bar. The cheapest item I found was the beer six pack at 750 coins! :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr You guys BETTER not be using the numbers of items sold on this theme as real and true sales figures! You know full well they (the beer six packs in particular) are artificially inflated! What use do I have for 60plus six packs of beer?! :dizzy: :grr :grr To top it off I spent nearly 100K on my entry, and at most I expect a 4.5 rating WITH FULL BOOST IF LUCK FAVORS ME!!! :grr :grr :grr I did not buy the house though so this is my way of decorating the rooms! Just like last theme. I already got stung by a 50 gem bamboo bath mat which I spent 230 gems to acquire! :dizzy: :sad: The only reason I continue to participate in room challenges is for the sake of the challenge more than anything! (And I get to decorate the theme rooms to see if I want the house or not too. I have gone ahead and bought the house other events. Not last one though.) Item costs are going up, the amount of boost you get has gone down, (especially for yocash items) and I can't help but think you are using these events to show good sales figures to someone! :grr :dizzy: :grr

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3099
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:22 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:So, this time I notice there is no 500 coin item which I can buy lots of in order to fill the boost bar. The cheapest item I found was the beer six pack at 750 coins! :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr You guys BETTER not be using the numbers of items sold on this theme as real and true sales figures! You know full well they (the beer six packs in particular) are artificially inflated! What use do I have for 60plus six packs of beer?! :dizzy: :grr :grr To top it off I spent nearly 100K on my entry, and at most I expect a 4.5 rating WITH FULL BOOST IF LUCK FAVORS ME!!! :grr :grr :grr I did not buy the house though so this is my way of decorating the rooms! Just like last theme. I already got stung by a 50 gem bamboo bath mat which I spent 230 gems to acquire! :dizzy: :sad: The only reason I continue to participate in room challenges is for the sake of the challenge more than anything! (And I get to decorate the theme rooms to see if I want the house or not too. I have gone ahead and bought the house other events. Not last one though.) Item costs are going up, the amount of boost you get has gone down, (especially for yocash items) and I can't help but think you are using these events to show good sales figures to someone! :grr :dizzy: :grr

I agree with this 100%. And while I do hoard food and drink items just for my own use wherever, the prices have drastically increased for those little things. Then add in the yocash... :grr I think the highest score I've ever gotten was a 5.3 on a room (I will have to double check that) and that was with less effort and spending then on the really good ones I've done and just filling the bar with stuff I will use in my non-gem event houses. I can get really creative with the decorating events IF I'm buying things I'll use elsewhere when I tear the room up after the event's over, or if it's something I have an easy time decorating, but half the time I'm just doing the minimum requirement with some little creative bits no one cares about.

And then I spend my gems to open chests and get onesies and rompers and hideous masks. :nerd: But I've stayed strong and haven't purchased any gems in awhile, and haven't purchased anything for the events that I won't otherwise use at some point. I'm also getting better at just living without some of the items, whether I can afford to buy them or not. I just hate the gambling aspect of these and the fact that so much of the good content is in those gem tiers. I'd be more than happy to spend on these things in the store, but I will not spend a cent to gamble on gems. Sadly, it seems to be falling on deaf ears at BVG. I think they are mostly catering to the gambling crowd now. :sad:

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15642
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:31 pm

So, has anyone mentioned that the icon should go away once you click on it, even if a person doesnt want to do the daily task? I doubt any one has, but I thought I would mention it. :D
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429
Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10156
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Rod (126579776) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Snorty (3054329) wrote:So, has anyone mentioned that the icon should go away once you click on it, even if a person doesnt want to do the daily task? I doubt any one has, but I thought I would mention it. :D

We only have to do the visiting thing to get rid of it for good for the day. I just do that now and then I don't have to look at it anymore.

How we walk with the broken speaks louder than how we sit with the great. - Bill Bennot
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 31478
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:So, has anyone mentioned that the icon should go away once you click on it, even if a person doesnt want to do the daily task? I doubt any one has, but I thought I would mention it. :D

We only have to do the visiting thing to get rid of it for good for the day. I just do that now and then I don't have to look at it anymore.

:rose: That still counts as gem event participation though! (And the lag is a torment at the event locations too!) :dizzy: :sad:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 3099

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

:rose: That still counts as gem event participation though! (And the lag is a torment at the event locations too!) :dizzy: :sad:

Exactly. I refuse to be a part of it at all. I will save money for another month I guess!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429
Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10156
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Rainicorn (8264282) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 am

I didn't mind the gem events at first. If they were only once every few months it would make them more special. I don't necessarily mind new items being in the gem event. I do resent only the best quality themes that we've been begging for going into the gambling events when regular store themes suffer greatly in quality.

I'm tired of them now.

Cellophane, Mr. Cellophane shoulda been my name
Mr. Cellophane 'cause you can look right through me
Walk right by me and never know I'm there
Rainicorn (8264282)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 2105
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Princess Maruti (118233592) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi. I am wondering why we have been given an outfit contest in the gem challenge, when we have only been given one outfit and one hair. You want us to mix modern and classic Aussie fashion with one very casual outfit? Please release some more options for us. :) tyvm
Princess Maruti (118233592)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Mickie (184009903) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:04 pm

it is not working :( hope the next event will. :heartbroken:
Mickie (184009903)
YoWorld Level: 154
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2012

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Lori (131347843) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:52 am

I was almost finished creating an outfit, just wanted to add a yober or something and my screen suddenly went white. I waited a bit but it still stayed white, so I finally had to refresh. I had gone back and forth checking what I needed to add and what I had for a boost so normally what I had already put on stays put, but when I came back everything was gone and I was back to square one.

I haven't been doing many of these challenges; mainly just the dress up ones because I enjoy them (which I notice have been reduced and the decorating ones are increasing). I only do the decor ones if I want the room. I spend the minimum amt for decor and for outfits and just dress or deco how I want for the events with my existing items. I never buy any extra gems and haven't even bought the ones for 1 YC for a long time.

There are far too many glitches that have gone unaddressed and voting is still completely biased in every way imaginable for me to spend money or put any time and effort into these challenges. I only do them when I feel like it and for free stuff, now.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3027

Postby Lori (131347843) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:53 am

Mickie (184009903) wrote:it is not working :( hope the next event will. :heartbroken:

Welcome to the forum, Mickie. How is the event not working for you? Do you not have the gem icon at all or is the dress up part not saving or what? I was able to do the challenge although I did get a white screen, had to refresh and start over.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3027

Postby Peta April (2638410) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:17 am

can any one show me or tell me what the 2 epic gold framed items are in this gem event plz?

Peta April (2638410)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2008

Forum Posts: 450
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Natalie (186104654) » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:05 am

Wow 230 gems for a pair of ugly slippers that don't even fit the feet properly. Thank goodness i am not spending money on this event, what a horrible prize, you guys really aren't even trying. I have stopped buying yc and am only living with what i get from my vip subscription and tbh i am even thinking of dumping that if things dont improve.

Natalie (186104654)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 25, 2015

Forum Posts: 18
Forum Title: YoRookie

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions