enough with the greed

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

enough with the greed

Postby Bill MeLater (12065390) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:17 am

I am sick of seeing the only worth wild items to be a prize for spending crazy amounts of money! Between the animated checkout and the new wine making item only those who can spend over 100$ can get them. This is the reason i refuse to spend a dime on the game when i enjoyed to fund the efforts of former zynga. Even thoigh you have kept the game going you have killed all of the free gifts and coin npgs and now only focus on the money you make having most items at a crazy cost. It makes me not only sad bit sick to see where you have taken this great game we were so happy to have been saved. To bad you can not make something good wothoit charging an arm and leg for when most can not afford your prices.
Bill MeLater (12065390)
YoWorld Level: 241
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 181
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: enough with the greed

Postby Peta April (2638410) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am

then u will ensure the game ends and we are all punished! i understand not wanting to for 40yc plus for stuff but the other stuff is ok and if you go in AH u can get it for coin...and if u monitor what things are selling for in AH u know what items will be worth alot in a year which u can sell for profit!

Peta April (2638410)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2008

Forum Posts: 429
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 am

To be fair to BVG, we do get free stuff from gems, and only just recently they gave us that new room with the arrows.. If you do the surveys you are always rewarded with something and if you get the newsletter the same.. I think BVG are pretty generous to be honest. I do buy yc but even then there are things i cant afford, its a bit like life.. Sometimes you get everything you want and sometimes you just get what you need xx

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5264
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Peta April (2638410) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 am

Amy Pond (117302962) wrote:To be fair to BVG, we do get free stuff from gems, and only just recently they gave us that new room with the arrows.. If you do the surveys you are always rewarded with something and if you get the newsletter the same.. I think BVG are pretty generous to be honest. I do buy yc but even then there are things i cant afford, its a bit like life.. Sometimes you get everything you want and sometimes you just get what you need xx

:thumbsup:

Peta April (2638410)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2008

Forum Posts: 429
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Queen Butterfly (11132566) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 am

Bill MeLater (12065390) wrote:I am sick of seeing the only worth wild items to be a prize for spending crazy amounts of money! Between the animated checkout and the new wine making item only those who can spend over 100$ can get them. This is the reason i refuse to spend a dime on the game when i enjoyed to fund the efforts of former zynga. Even thoigh you have kept the game going you have killed all of the free gifts and coin npgs and now only focus on the money you make having most items at a crazy cost. It makes me not only sad bit sick to see where you have taken this great game we were so happy to have been saved. To bad you can not make something good wothoit charging an arm and leg for when most can not afford your prices.

I understand what you are saying. They do seem to be removing coin items, such as the coin NPG's in favor of cash NPG's. That is one issue I am not happy with either. Why take those away? That presented a problem during this last gem challenge when a NPG was required in the room. If they are going to do that, they need to make sure there is an ample coin variety in the store. While I know they need to make money and there are people that will spend to buy these new items, they don't seem to take into account the people that can't do that. Yes, we do get free gifts sometimes and if we participate in the gem challenges, if you can manage to keep your costs down to enter them, that is and we do get a free daily item if signed up for the newsletter. We all know you can go to the AH to buy items but people are asking outrageous amounts for items there, unless it was a free item. Especially if it is something that can be used in the current gem challenge! Then the prices are totally ridiculous!

In the past, even if a theme was retired, if some of the items in the theme were highly popular and especially if they had multi uses, they moved them to YoDepot and kept those few items from that retiring theme. Now, it seems like when they are retiring, or sending a theme to the vault, they are removing all items from the theme, no matter how useful they can be to the players.

I guess my biggest disappointment is that I don't feel like they care at all what the players want or seem to listen. In the past, even though it seemed that way some of the time, they seemed to try, at least occasionally, to fulfill players wishes.
Queen Butterfly (11132566)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 55
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Hillbunny (103783869) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am

Sorry that you feel this way but I have to disagree with you .
I don't think BVG is being greedy at all.
Their deals help keep this game alive.
I think BVG is being more than fair to it's players by offering so many different price ranges on their deals.

Hillbunny (103783869)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: May 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 1537
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Hillbunny (103783869) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am

Amy Pond (117302962) wrote:To be fair to BVG, we do get free stuff from gems, and only just recently they gave us that new room with the arrows.. If you do the surveys you are always rewarded with something and if you get the newsletter the same.. I think BVG are pretty generous to be honest. I do buy yc but even then there are things i cant afford, its a bit like life.. Sometimes you get everything you want and sometimes you just get what you need xx

:heart: :thumbsup:

Hillbunny (103783869)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: May 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 1537
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Mr Mars (149037546) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm

AGREE 100%

Mr Mars (149037546)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 40
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby michelle ganley (14702341) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:30 am

i sometimes get frustrated with things in game especialy yc items but after reading about bvg on a website i kind of understand better and tbh i feel sorry for the vikings after reading what was wrote there doesnt make it easier to get yc things in game but they do seem to need the money from this game :)

michelle ganley (14702341)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1394
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Kath (109737351) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:24 am

The "greed" word always makes me laugh. The purpose of a business is to make money. Period.

Kath (109737351)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 597
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Return to YoWorld Discussions