Forums seem under utilized...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:'This' is what you get when you decide to banish all the people who bring the fun, unpredictability and 'life' to your forum and rehome busy, popular threads to boards that hardly anyone visits.

The fun factor has been managed right out of the building - the sterility of how it now is could have been predicted, so I can only assume that this was the desired outcome.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Look how dead the forums are...it can go an hour without any posting during Saturday.

:dizzy:
All Theme Codes
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥Maui
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 21188
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Also, whilst we're discussing threads being moved...

Why are large threads all moved to their 'correct' boards, but bug reports, how to questions and challenge room/outfits show offs are still allowed to be posted in YoWorld Discussions, and not in their correct boards?
All Theme Codes
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥Maui
Leeum (130695460)

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

:hug:

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.

No.

That's not it at all.

The rules should be applied equally to everyone, without fear or favour.

The lack thereof is what pisses people off, not their consistent application.

One person's room thread gets to stay right here (yours right now actually) and someone else's room thread vanishes to Creator's Corner in a heartbeat.

How is that fair? How is anyone supposed to understand what's permissible and what isn't?

:drink:
I post less frequently for many of the reasons Miss Ti has listed. But I will add one. I feel under constant scrutiny of what I say and how my posts are perceived. I have worked hard to edit myself and come across as "kinder and gentler." I will not tolerate forum members telling me how or what to post, however (not speaking of Miss Ti at all!). That is for the moderators to decide. I really miss a lot of the light-hearted posts and goofing around that seems to have been bleached away from here. :(

yes Miss Ti i agree its not the rules, because you have to have them, its their inconsistencies. it should be completely equal! and agree Julie i try and word everything in a nicer way even when im annoyed at something. what really annoyed me recently was reporting an extremely rude & unnecessary comment and nothing was done about it. i won't mention names but this person gets away with being rude an awful lot of times. i too miss the light-hearted & goofing posts and feel its because people are too scared to get booted

I think sometimes the Vikings act a bit rashly - they are human after all - and will hand out bans on an emotional status. I would like to suggest a cooling off time for all parties involved, rather than the ban for life sentence handed out immediately - I really don't like the idea of a ban for life in the first place. But, that's just my opinion and thoughts on the subject and hopefully I won't be reprimanded for them. We all make mistakes from time to time, but that doesn't mean we are bad people or that we can't learn from those mistakes.
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465

Wish: North Pole Christmas Bakery

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2603
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Roughneck (187611490) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Doodler (10729465) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.

No.

That's not it at all.

One person's room thread gets to stay right here (yours right now actually) and someone else's room thread vanishes to Creator's Corner in a heartbeat.

How is that fair? How is anyone supposed to understand what's permissible and what isn't?

I post less frequently for many of the reasons Miss Ti has listed. But I will add one. I feel under constant scrutiny of what I say and how my posts are perceived. I have worked hard to edit myself and come across as "kinder and gentler." I will not tolerate forum members telling me how or what to post, however (not speaking of Miss Ti at all!). That is for the moderators to decide. I really miss a lot of the light-hearted posts and goofing around that seems to have been bleached away from here. :(

yes Miss Ti i agree its not the rules, because you have to have them, its their inconsistencies. it should be completely equal! and agree Julie i try and word everything in a nicer way even when im annoyed at something. what really annoyed me recently was reporting an extremely rude & unnecessary comment and nothing was done about it. i won't mention names but this person gets away with being rude an awful lot of times. i too miss the light-hearted & goofing posts and feel its because people are too scared to get booted

I think sometimes the Vikings act a bit rashly - they are human after all - and will hand out bans on an emotional status. I would like to suggest a cooling off time for all parties involved, rather than the ban for life sentence handed out immediately - I really don't like the idea of a ban for life in the first place. But, that's just my opinion and thoughts on the subject and hopefully I won't be reprimanded for them. We all make mistakes from time to time, but that doesn't mean we are bad people or that we can't learn from those mistakes.

I agree one hundred percent with everything you just said, Doodler.
Nights are long
Roughneck (187611490)
YoWorld Level: 29
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 10, 2018

Forum Posts: 99
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Roughneck (187611490) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o

Yeah and it's a shame, I didn't really know either one of them real well but I loved reading what they had to say. I guess, I missed when they left and yes the forums aren't the same, in my opinion, the way things are handled, could be better, I believe in chances and I wish I could say more about it but I don't want to get myself into hot water :angel:

:thumbsup: ... yes very much a shame as well loved and big characters. i always enjoyed their posts too! ive chatted to Elf in Forum Parties and i left her a message yesterday. i've visited & messaged Cad every day i love seeing all his rooms in his homes! im hoping to catch up with them both soon in a party now im not so busy like i was over Christmas time! i agree things could be handled better and i was wording things best i could. i wish chances would be given specially to those who have no malice in them :thumbsup: :D :hug:

ELF, has taken a second job on, she will not be as active in game. I'm unsure if ELF, will be attending forum parties now, her second job has her driving half an hour away starting Monday. I talk to her daily, and have known her for years in real life, I will pass on your message about hoping to catch her at a forum party, soon.

aw thankyou. i actually just got a message from her on the game which was a reply to one i sent her. we leave messages now and then if haven't caught up in a party :D :hug:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 4677
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:'This' is what you get when you decide to banish all the people who bring the fun, unpredictability and 'life' to your forum and rehome busy, popular threads to boards that hardly anyone visits.

The fun factor has been managed right out of the building - the sterility of how it now is could have been predicted, so I can only assume that this was the desired outcome.

Look how dead the forums are...it can go an hour without any posting during Saturday.

Saturday?
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465

Wish: North Pole Christmas Bakery

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2603

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Saturday?

Yeah - a day when a lot of people have lots of free time, yet the forums are almost always dead.

This place is dull now. There's no fun, no laughter, and no jokes to be had.
All Theme Codes
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥Maui
Leeum (130695460)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

No.

That's not it at all.

exactly! :thumbsup: :trophy: ... if someone is deliberately really overly nasty, offensive and vindictive and it includes things not tolerated like racism, etc. then i could understand a perm ban... but for anything else, like you said, a bit of cooling off time
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Saturday?

Yeah - a day when a lot of people have lots of free time, yet the forums are almost always dead.

This place is dull now. There's no fun, no laughter, and no jokes to be had.

yep! :thumbsup:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Chase YoStarZ (130530023) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:48 pm

k1o (185180932) wrote:Not saying this is what I personally think. Because it's not my words. But the general consensus I hear very often for many years in game or from buds who refrain from posting here, is that the vikings simply do not respond to important threads nearly ever often enough to merit the effort it takes to in fact post it. Nor often enough to express to players that feedback is actively being translated to their dev team. When threads go ignored how should anyone know that feedback was ever seen? Many feel that they will only waste their time trying to offer feedback also. That is a huge one I hear very often. Or they fear the repercussions when an onslaught of people "complain about their complaining" which deconstructs the entire purpose of the forum and muddies things up. When in reality most of what people call "negative" feedback, if not report-worthy, is still really important feedback worth hearing. How I interpret some of that also is there is not enough vikings to go around and touch base with every single thread, which is understandable. Or they simply do not want to speak on the topic in question. So how in turn should any given player know their feedback matters or was ever heard or ever seen or ever considered? There,there is a disconnect. But I also still believe and can agree with these peeps and understand them for feeling this way though it sucks because this place would be better with more people. A viking or 2 should be more actively participating in discussions where it is evidently necessary or needed, rather than focusing on posts or threads that are only ever completely off topic or that desire no viking activity or no important information. I don't know... It may be underutilized, & not just for buying and selling. :phew:

I completely agree with you. If you browse through the "Bugs and Bugs Reporting" section it's quite sad how many threads have gone unanswered. Business 101 - connecting with your consumers is crucial. I don't understand why Vikings aren't leveraging this platform to do that.
Chase YoStarZ (130530023)
YoWorld Level: 163
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 1606
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Chase YoStarZ (130530023) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:It is social entropy in action, that's all. :)

Interesting thought, and I understand that this implies that it occurs naturally, but what do you think is the root cause of this? From the responses of this thread, it appears to be relatively political issues.
Chase YoStarZ (130530023)
YoWorld Level: 163
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 1606
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

No.

That's not it at all.

Julie hun, never let anyone unless it's the vikings tell you how or what you can say here that's the problem in the first place too many want to play Vikings here or think they can boss ppl around. You continue to be you and say how you feel. :hug:

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

When people put others down, it's just to pick themselves up. Some people will do just about anything for some attention.
xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 2582

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

No.

That's not it at all.

Julie hun, never let anyone unless it's the vikings tell you how or what you can say here that's the problem in the first place too many want to play Vikings here or think they can boss ppl around. You continue to be you and say how you feel. :hug:

:thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star: :hug:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Viking David » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Locked: Discussing Moderation

Viking David
YoWorld Level: 187