Forums seem under utilized...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Annie (118992501) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o

Following the rules is a troublesome thing at times. Our emotions sometimes push the edges of what we post until we cross the line that BVG must enforce. I have seen dozens of forumers get agitated over time (myself included), and then get pulled into an emotional rant that ended very ugly.

I'm trying to not talk modding here, so I will end that discussion right there. But I want to stick with your comment about "watching what we say". I think we should always watch what we say. Some call that censorship. Some call it unfair or biased. Some wonder where is the freedom of speech. Do we really have the right to say anything we'd like to say any way we want to say it? Really? No one does in almost any arena because we are selfish, rude, and crude people when we are upset. And I know this because I am first in that line. No one wants to see me post unfiltered and without my rational brain stepping in front of my words. This place would burn to the ground if we allowed me or anyone else to do that. Accordingly, we have some boundaries that all boil down to - be nice.

So if people don't want to be a part of a forum where there is a rule to "be nice", I don't blame them for staying away. Because we all do have to watch what we say and how we say it in here. It is a matter of being civil.

I hope this makes sense? If you ever want to venture away from these forums and try one out that isn't modded or has no rules, there you can see what internet humanity unchecked turns into. We'd never have any decent discussions and everyone would quit the game and try to kill each other. Because human beings are disgusting, angry, hurtful, spiteful, and mean when they feel there are no consequences. And they do it for FUN everywhere there are no rules.

:angel: :thumbsup:



Ah, yep... ::nodding:: :sad:
___________________________________________
User avatar

Annie (118992501)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2657
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Hesse (103418961) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Hesse (103418961) wrote:
Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:Insufficient advertising is one factor that most likely plays into it.
However there are also new posters who quit using the forum rather soon as they don't enjoy the environment,
and more established posters/players who stop posting as they don't like the change in forum environment either.
Some post about it even before going quiet.
I also run a Yo group on Facebook and on a few occasions the topic "Yo forum" came up, and some members
said they did not feel as welcomed on the forum as they did in our group for instance.

Your group is so nice and polite, no drama. I think we old forumers should always be nice to new ones and answer something to their posts, so they'd feel like more welcome. If they got no response they might feel like ignored. Too bad we don't have "like" feature here.

i agree! i do mostly see people being nice and always say 'welcome to the forums' to newbies. i never like to see a thread with '0' replies whether its someone i know or not. i will make a point of commenting even if its asking something i don't know. it doesn't take 5 seconds to say 'sorry im not sure, but hopefully someone will know' :D

Indeed :heart:
User avatar

Hesse (103418961)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2543
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Allergic2BS (135815676) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Allergic2BS (135815676)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6695
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: In order for you to insult me.. I must 1st value your opinion.

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Annie (118992501) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o

Following the rules is a troublesome thing at times. Our emotions sometimes push the edges of what we post until we cross the line that BVG must enforce. I have seen dozens of forumers get agitated over time (myself included), and then get pulled into an emotional rant that ended very ugly.

I'm trying to not talk modding here, so I will end that discussion right there. But I want to stick with your comment about "watching what we say". I think we should always watch what we say. Some call that censorship. Some call it unfair or biased. Some wonder where is the freedom of speech. Do we really have the right to say anything we'd like to say any way we want to say it? Really? No one does in almost any arena because we are selfish, rude, and crude people when we are upset. And I know this because I am first in that line. No one wants to see me post unfiltered and without my rational brain stepping in front of my words. This place would burn to the ground if we allowed me or anyone else to do that. Accordingly, we have some boundaries that all boil down to - be nice.

So if people don't want to be a part of a forum where there is a rule to "be nice", I don't blame them for staying away. Because we all do have to watch what we say and how we say it in here. It is a matter of being civil.

I hope this makes sense? If you ever want to venture away from these forums and try one out that isn't modded or has no rules, there you can see what internet humanity unchecked turns into. We'd never have any decent discussions and everyone would quit the game and try to kill each other. Because human beings are disgusting, angry, hurtful, spiteful, and mean when they feel there are no consequences. And they do it for FUN everywhere there are no rules.

:angel: :thumbsup:



Ah, yep... ::nodding:: :sad:

I grew up on the unregulated internet as a teen. Those unmanned hell holes were my playground. They put callouses on me I'll never be able to get rid of and I did and wrote things to people that I will carry the shame of to my grave.

When someone gets their feelings hurt in here, the monsters inside me smell blood. I have put most of them to sleep, but man oh man does the Demon Of Butthurt fight to wake up and do some damage. LOL
Image

My identity is not my obstacle. My identity is my superpower. - America Ferrera
User avatar

Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 32071
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o


Yeah and it's a shame, I didn't really know either one of them real well but I loved reading what they had to say. I guess, I missed when they left and yes the forums aren't the same, in my opinion, the way things are handled, could be better, I believe in chances and I wish I could say more about it but I don't want to get myself into hot water :angel:

:thumbsup: ... yes very much a shame as well loved and big characters. i always enjoyed their posts too! ive chatted to Elf in Forum Parties and i left her a message yesterday. i've visited & messaged Cad every day i love seeing all his rooms in his homes! im hoping to catch up with them both soon in a party now im not so busy like i was over Christmas time! i agree things could be handled better and i was wording things best i could. i wish chances would be given specially to those who have no malice in them :thumbsup: :D :hug:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10230
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o


Yeah and it's a shame, I didn't really know either one of them real well but I loved reading what they had to say. I guess, I missed when they left and yes the forums aren't the same, in my opinion, the way things are handled, could be better, I believe in chances and I wish I could say more about it but I don't want to get myself into hot water :angel:

:thumbsup: and there lies one of the biggest reasons the forums has become like the Sahara Desert :hug:

oh yes! :thumbsup: :trophy:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10230
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm

That's an understatement :drink:
Image Thank you MissT <333
Image
User avatar
Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 11158
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Yozone

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o

Following the rules is a troublesome thing at times. Our emotions sometimes push the edges of what we post until we cross the line that BVG must enforce. I have seen dozens of forumers get agitated over time (myself included), and then get pulled into an emotional rant that ended very ugly.

I'm trying to not talk modding here, so I will end that discussion right there. But I want to stick with your comment about "watching what we say". I think we should always watch what we say. Some call that censorship. Some call it unfair or biased. Some wonder where is the freedom of speech. Do we really have the right to say anything we'd like to say any way we want to say it? Really? No one does in almost any arena because we are selfish, rude, and crude people when we are upset. And I know this because I am first in that line. No one wants to see me post unfiltered and without my rational brain stepping in front of my words. This place would burn to the ground if we allowed me or anyone else to do that. Accordingly, we have some boundaries that all boil down to - be nice.

So if people don't want to be a part of a forum where there is a rule to "be nice", I don't blame them for staying away. Because we all do have to watch what we say and how we say it in here. It is a matter of being civil.

I hope this makes sense? If you ever want to venture away from these forums and try one out that isn't modded or has no rules, there you can see what internet humanity unchecked turns into. We'd never have any decent discussions and everyone would quit the game and try to kill each other. Because human beings are disgusting, angry, hurtful, spiteful, and mean when they feel there are no consequences. And they do it for FUN everywhere there are no rules.

:angel: :thumbsup:

ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10230
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Annie (118992501) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Well, at least Rod can admit to having done it... a lot of people can't, or won''t. Here's one thing I learned from an unregulated chat room having made this same mistake myself more times than I like to remember: free speech does not mean that one should race to vocalize or write down every thought the second that it comes into one's head. The imagined internal reward is not always worth the external consequences. :phew:
___________________________________________
User avatar

Annie (118992501)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2657
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

'This' is what you get when you decide to banish all the people who bring the fun, unpredictability and 'life' to your forum and rehome busy, popular threads to boards that hardly anyone visits.

The fun factor has been managed right out of the building - the sterility of how it now is could have been predicted, so I can only assume that this was the desired outcome.
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Image
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6758
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:'This' is what you get when you decide to banish all the people who bring the fun, unpredictability and 'life' to your forum and rehome busy, popular threads to boards that hardly anyone visits.

The fun factor has been managed right out of the building - the sterility of how it now is could have been predicted, so I can only assume that this was the desired outcome.

spot on! :thumbsup: :star: :trophy: :star:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10230
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

:hug:

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.
Image

My identity is not my obstacle. My identity is my superpower. - America Ferrera
User avatar

Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 32071
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

:hug:

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.

No.

That's not it at all.

The rules should be applied equally to everyone, without fear or favour.

The lack thereof is what pisses people off, not their consistent application.

One person's room thread gets to stay right here (yours right now actually) and someone else's room thread vanishes to Creator's Corner in a heartbeat.

How is that fair? How is anyone supposed to understand what's permissible and what isn't?
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” ~ Desmond Tutu

Image
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6758
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

:hug:

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.

No.

That's not it at all.

The rules should be applied equally to everyone, without fear or favour.

The lack thereof is what pisses people off, not their consistent application.

One person's room thread gets to stay right here (yours right now actually) and someone else's room thread vanishes to Creator's Corner in a heartbeat.

How is that fair? How is anyone supposed to understand what's permissible and what isn't?

:drink:
I post less frequently for many of the reasons Miss Ti has listed. But I will add one. I feel under constant scrutiny of what I say and how my posts are perceived. I have worked hard to edit myself and come across as "kinder and gentler." I will not tolerate forum members telling me how or what to post, however (not speaking of Miss Ti at all!). That is for the moderators to decide. I really miss a lot of the light-hearted posts and goofing around that seems to have been bleached away from here. :(
ImageImage
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9153
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

:hug:

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.

No.

That's not it at all.

The rules should be applied equally to everyone, without fear or favour.

The lack thereof is what pisses people off, not their consistent application.

One person's room thread gets to stay right here (yours right now actually) and someone else's room thread vanishes to Creator's Corner in a heartbeat.

How is that fair? How is anyone supposed to understand what's permissible and what isn't?

Aww that was my LOL joke. I'm sorry if that didn't come across. Thanks for pointing it out though! :hug:
Image

My identity is not my obstacle. My identity is my superpower. - America Ferrera
User avatar

Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 32071
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:16 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:ah i get what you mean but the way i meant 'watching what you say' is different to yours. i totally get yours as in we don't want rudeness nastiness etc. i just meant after i got a warning for something i felt was not in the slightest rude it was actually a suggestion i gave up saying lots of things. i felt warnings etc. were very inconsistent. when i said i was watching what i say on that comment i was kinda meaning when talking about Elf & Cad i wanted to use words like 'unfair', 'ridiculous' but feel i can't have my say because its not allowed. i didn't even use the 'b**ned* word because didn't know if we are allowed to talk about it. its not about being allowed to have a free rein to act n say as we want but more of a case of we are walking on eggshells :sad: . i have seen some comments recently i felt were very rude and yet nothing done. this i think puts people off and it shouldn't be one rule for one... etc. o_o :hug:

I understand how you feel. As a frequent flyer of Ban Airlines, I know how it can affect your psyche. But every time I flew on that plane, I bought the ticket with what I posted. What I have learned is that the Vikes have a very tough job to do. They are refereeing a playground that does have some rules....and we like them to apply to everyone else. LOL

It is impossible to know everything that transpires between players and the Vikings privately. All I can speak to is myself. They have always been fair with me, and they have given me chances when I probably didn't deserve another. And I empathize with them over the agonizing decisions they must make when it comes to removing a voice from these forums. But I know how I've been treated, so I know that others have probably been handed speeding tickets before they got on the plane. I miss every single player who has taken the final flight away from here, just as I understand why people feel as if they must now walk on eggshells. They don't really have to, but that doesn't change how they feel.

I will once more reiterate the rules of these forums to help people understand how to be successful in posting -

Be nice to each other.
Be fair to BVG.
And have some fun.

It really isn't any more or less complex than this. I hope this makes some sense? I love chatting in here about our game. I look forward to many more fun threads. See you on the playground!

:hug:

PS - This entire post is technically against the rules and I understand if the Vikes deem it worthy of a lock. I know they will understand the spirit of what I said as it is intended to help people understand. I won't be upset no matter what they decide, because it is their job to enforce the rules. But I do hope it helps clarify how things work.

No.

That's not it at all.

The rules should be applied equally to everyone, without fear or favour.

The lack thereof is what pisses people off, not their consistent application.

One person's room thread gets to stay right here (yours right now actually) and someone else's room thread vanishes to Creator's Corner in a heartbeat.

How is that fair? How is anyone supposed to understand what's permissible and what isn't?

:drink:
I post less frequently for many of the reasons Miss Ti has listed. But I will add one. I feel under constant scrutiny of what I say and how my posts are perceived. I have worked hard to edit myself and come across as "kinder and gentler." I will not tolerate forum members telling me how or what to post, however (not speaking of Miss Ti at all!). That is for the moderators to decide. I really miss a lot of the light-hearted posts and goofing around that seems to have been bleached away from here. :(

yes Miss Ti i agree its not the rules, because you have to have them, its their inconsistencies. it should be completely equal! and agree Julie i try and word everything in a nicer way even when im annoyed at something. what really annoyed me recently was reporting an extremely rude & unnecessary comment and nothing was done about it. i won't mention names but this person gets away with being rude an awful lot of times. i too miss the light-hearted & goofing posts and feel its because people are too scared to get booted
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10230
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Roughneck (187611490) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o

First bold: ELF, miss these forums.
Second bold: I agree one hundred percent, and I have noticed this too.
Nights are long
Image
User avatar
Roughneck (187611490)
YoWorld Level: 29
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 10, 2018
 
Forum Posts: 132
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Roughneck (187611490) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o

First bold: ELF, miss these forums.
Second bold: I agree one hundred percent, and I have noticed this too.

:thumbsup: ;) :D
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10230
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Not saying this is what I personally think. Because it's not my words. But the general consensus I hear very often for many years in game or from buds who refrain from posting here, is that the vikings simply do not respond to important threads nearly ever often enough to merit the effort it takes to in fact post it. Nor often enough to express to players that feedback is actively being translated to their dev team. When threads go ignored how should anyone know that feedback was ever seen? Many feel that they will only waste their time trying to offer feedback also. That is a huge one I hear very often. Or they fear the repercussions when an onslaught of people "complain about their complaining" which deconstructs the entire purpose of the forum and muddies things up. When in reality most of what people call "negative" feedback, if not report-worthy, is still really important feedback worth hearing. How I interpret some of that also is there is not enough vikings to go around and touch base with every single thread, which is understandable. Or they simply do not want to speak on the topic in question. So how in turn should any given player know their feedback matters or was ever heard or ever seen or ever considered? There,there is a disconnect. But I also still believe and can agree with these peeps and understand them for feeling this way though it sucks because this place would be better with more people. A viking or 2 should be more actively participating in discussions where it is evidently necessary or needed, rather than focusing on posts or threads that are only ever completely off topic or that desire no viking activity or no important information. I don't know... It may be underutilized, & not just for buying and selling. :phew:
User avatar

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 9972
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Forums seem under utilized...

Postby Roughneck (187611490) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:some of the main posters on here like Elf & Cadaver have gone thats why its so quiet on here now imo... plus i feel, and maybe others agree, that you have to always watch what you say so sometimes better to just not say what you feel and keep quiet o_o


Yeah and it's a shame, I didn't really know either one of them real well but I loved reading what they had to say. I guess, I missed when they left and yes the forums aren't the same, in my opinion, the way things are handled, could be better, I believe in chances and I wish I could say more about it but I don't want to get myself into hot water :angel:

:thumbsup: ... yes very much a shame as well loved and big characters. i always enjoyed their posts too! ive chatted to Elf in Forum Parties and i left her a message yesterday. i've visited & messaged Cad every day i love seeing all his rooms in his homes! im hoping to catch up with them both soon in a party now im not so busy like i was over Christmas time! i agree things could be handled better and i was wording things best i could. i wish chances would be given specially to those who have no malice in them :thumbsup: :D :hug:

ELF, has taken a second job on, she will not be as active in game. I'm unsure if ELF, will be attending forum parties now, her second job has her driving half an hour away starting Monday. I talk to her daily, and have known her for years in real life, I will pass on your message about hoping to catch her at a forum party, soon.
Nights are long
Image
User avatar
Roughneck (187611490)
YoWorld Level: 29
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 10, 2018
 
Forum Posts: 132
Forum Title: YoApprentice

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions