[FEEDBACK] New Year New Yo: QOL FIXES!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[FEEDBACK] New Year New Yo: QOL FIXES!

Postby Viking David » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Hey YoFans!

Do you ever have an itch you just can't seem to scratch? Although it may only be a small inconvenience, it can feel like a big pain in the YoFanny! We as a team want to scratch that itch and help fix some of the *Quality of Life (QOL) bugs that have you irritated. Additionally, we would love to hear suggestions for any features you'd like to see come to YoWorld that you think would improve the QOL. :D :thumbsup:

*QOL stands for Quality of Life and in the software/gaming industry it usually means little fixes that could improve the product and overall health of the community.

What are some things you'd like to see added/changed? Remember to be constructive and any additional details/images would be appreciated.
What are you waiting for, share your feedback below!
Viking David
YoWorld Level: 191

Forum Posts: 1465
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: [FEEDBACK] New Year New Yo: QOL FIXES!

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:21 pm

*cracks knuckles*

This won't be a long sticky at all. :haha: :angel:

Everyone appreciates honesty until you're honest with them. Then you're an a$$hole. - George Carlin
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30356
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Viking David » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:*cracks knuckles*

This won't be a long sticky at all. :haha: :angel:

*leaves the computer in the room as I slowly walk away*

*Crippling anxiety increases*
Viking David
YoWorld Level: 191

Forum Posts: 1465
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:27 pm

*sits back and thinks about itches... :haha:
I love my wee bucket.... :)
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 334
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 5306
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Uhmmm hard to pinpoint exact bugs but I'll edit my post here as I think of them over the next few days! I think things like that are things that you think of in the moment but not all the time if that makes sense :silly:

Buggings/ features I'd like to see changed;
- Not enough AH slots (only 5) - I'd personally love them to be increased, even if it's just for VIP's
- The ability to "favourite" items in our inventories, which would transpire over to our Edit Avatar section; making it easier for us to manage our inventories and making outfits.
- To be able to quickly "repost" events (perhaps just for VIPs to avoid spamming) OR to be able to "co-host" events, so that we could take it in turns to repost (useful for Auctions and All on Us fs events for example)
- To have the option to make pets unanimated & stay still in one place - with no talking. [I have SO many pets but they are SO laggy that I barely use any of them, which means I never buy any new ones!]
- For the Auction House/ In-game Stores to have a little "mark" which tells us we already own that item
- To be able to sell multiple items in the Auction House as a "group" all at once
- To have a "Basics" section in the Yo Depot; (where we could buy things like BIG, clear windows to decorate with for example) - which would never leave the game
- To have a Savings Bank, which would let us save up our coins and yocash for a small fee - to save up and to earn interest on savings (Something I've wanted for YEARS lol!)
- For ALL our "deleted items" from inventories to go to an area such as the "Gifting Tree"; where newbies and those short on coins could collect the items for free. [This is since ALL deleted items currently just get lost from the game forever, which is such a waste! We've all been new and know how hard it is when you're dirt poor in the game! Even small items can help you]
- For VIP's to be able to get free gifts like we used to (not the monthly free gifts)
- To bring back the Limited Edition releases which were called "Summer Sale Sundays" over one summer; which had really high quality items at limited quantities. They were very popular and made me buy a LOT of yocash in preparation for the sales every week. Even once a year would be exciting!

:heart:

Thanks for letting us do this, really appreciate it! Hopefully we can all come together and bring up good ideas! :hug:
Last edited by PinkSnowDrop (115645703) on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
"Have courage and be kind." ♛
PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 16852
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Writing essays, eating pringles and running after my puppy

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:29 pm

I love decorating. It is my favorite thing to do in the game, but I hate having to scroll forever to find my houses. BVG has given us a great way to sort houses by number or alphabetically. We have the ability to renaming, delete or even link to a certain room. All of these features are super helpful and I appreciate having them. Even having the ability to search a home name is great, if you remember what you named it!

There is one little thing that I have always wanted to be able to do with the houses, and that is organize them by themes or type of house. I love to be able to organize my files on my computer to keep things neat and easy to find. I wish we had that same option with our homes. It would be great if we had little files that we could name and place our houses in there to make the the home screen more organized. I think this would help those of us with a lot of houses quite a bit!

Sort of like this:

Also:
You know what would be super helpful? When storing furniture items in a room, if we were able to store multiples at once instead of one at a time. I know many decorators like myself, buy some basic items in large quantities and it is frustrating at times adding items to store one at a time, especially with lag and the items not sticking when you try to add them to the room.
Example: If fences are leaving and they are useful in many rooms, I tend to buy over 100 of them to use later on......adding 100+ items one at a time can be tough with the current game issues.

Please consider a way to do this for us hoarders! Thank you for you kind consideration! :hug: :heart:

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11186
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 pm

thought about itches.
and you should look up the word "fanny"... :haha: :devil:
Lainie (124009750)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Loving the idea behind this thread - Thanks for the space to do it in an organised way.

Off the top of my head, my QOL wishes:-

1. Faster loading inventories when we click the brown box and want to find an item
2. The Overhaul of the *In Use* Tab so we can see where an item is, not just that it is currently in use.
3. A Watch list for items we spot in the AH but don't want to bid for just yet and notifications in game only for items expiring in AH that we have bid on or is on our watchlist.
4. Definitely more selling slots in the AH even if we have to pay for a premium package instead of the current yc individual slots per item but would prefer x number of slots for x amount of days on a sliding scale etc.

I will return when I have thought more about this :hug:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10559

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Lainie (124009750) wrote:thought about itches.

:haha: You're as bad as me. I thought the same thing when I read it, but was a bit wary of mentioning it. Thank you for doing it, it reminded me of that other thread :haha:
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 2583
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I love decorating. It is my favorite thing to do in the game, but I hate having to scroll forever to find my houses. BVG has given us a great way to sort houses by number or alphabetically. We have the ability to renaming, delete or even link to a certain room. All of these features are super helpful and I appreciate having them. Even having the ability to search a home name is great, if you remember what you named it!

There is one little thing that I have always wanted to be able to do with the houses, and that is organize them by themes or type of house. I love to be able to organize my files on my computer to keep things neat and easy to find. I wish we had that same option with our homes. It would be great if we had little files that we could name and place our houses in there to make the the home screen more organized. I think this would help those of us with a lot of houses quite a bit!

Sort of like this:

Also:
You know what would be super helpful? When storing furniture items in a room, if we were able to store multiples at once instead of one at a time. I know many decorators like myself, buy some basic items in large quantities and it is frustrating at times adding items to store one at a time, especially with lag and the items not sticking when you try to add them to the room.
Example: If fences are leaving and they are useful in many rooms, I tend to buy over 100 of them to use later on......adding 100+ items one at a time can be tough with the current game issues.

Please consider a way to do this for us hoarders! Thank you for you kind consideration! :hug: :heart:

I would like this the same as FishWorld, where you can multi drop stuff .. it really would be most useful :thumbsup:
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 387
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 2583

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:41 pm

What I would love to see/use in this game:

- a fixed/updated inventory

- a new way to sell items (either a "bazaar" where we would be able to list more items only for fix prices, no bidding; or a way to sell furniture placed in a room by having them priced and the buyer would click to buy it; placeable mannequins that we can dress to sell our wearables at events or offline by pricing them) or at least some improvement on current Auction House
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2608

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Oh I know this goes without saying~ but just to be sure, the glitches with the GEM events: voting and submissions entries / screens needs to be sorted out asap.
Just came to mind as I wait the next 17mins for the new tier of items to be unleashed :haha:

If we are going to continue to have InGame Events as the recent survey would tend to suggest, we need to make sure that the platform these events are operating on, are fair and working properly for every player that engages with it.
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10559

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:53 pm

As requested, reposting her -

please can we have roof tiles like these for the self builds, and creative rooms:

so we dont have to resort to this (which we cant even do now as you retired the items!)

Or worse, the dreaded pillow tiles!

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 6046

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:54 pm

"Okay, here is an idea for the game. Two new actions, one that is multiplayer, and the other is single player.

Here is how the "Wig Snatched" action would work. When a player is impressed or shocked by something, they can use the action and their avatar will look shocked, so much so that their "wig" (whatever hair they're wearing) will fly off of their heads and float out of view. It will gently float back down.

"Snatch a Wig" will allow one player to go to another player and snatch their "wig" (whatever hair they're wearing), off of their heads, and run away with it. The player retrieves their wig eventually and puts it back on. If the person is not wearing any hair at all on their head, the player with the action will get an "Action cannot be performed on this user" message.

Other ideas include, but are not limited to;
"My wig is Levitating"
"My wig flew away"
"My wig is orbiting the planet as we speak"

:)"

:thumbsup:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6923

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Can you fix the grammar on some pop-ups please?

Piggy Bank
Instead of:

Can it become:
11% of all YoCash you spend in stores will be stored in this bank.

Ads Pop-up
Instead of:

Can it become:
This weekend, we'll give you Triple Coins for watching Video Ads!

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 22278
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:11 pm

I would love to have a storage option for wall paper and floors. Having their own category outside of furniture would be helpful.

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11186

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Here is another storage idea, but for clothing. Allowing us to create our own storage folders for clothing.

The same could be done for furniture as we decorate in ways that they appear in categories (themes) in stores, we can create our own personalized categories in our inventories to store items under.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6923

Postby Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:15 pm

My decorator wish list

1. Layering issues fixed all windows should layer over wall tiles, this is a huge annoyance.

2. The ability to place multiples of the same item this would be a beneficial especially when it comes to storing items. 100 rugs 1 at a time is painstakingly tedious.

3.STAPLE ITEMS SUCH AS FLOOR PATCHES, BUSHES EETC to continue going to the depot instead of being put in the vault. It is impossible to predict how much of these items you might need and combine this with the lag and time spent in placing multiples one by one it is a no brainer.

4.walls and flooring should be separated out in trading when you search, they should have a separate category other than furniture, why not add one that says furnishings. If you don't know the name of the item that you are trading trying to scroll through hundreds of walls and floors is time consuming for both parties.

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 7865
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Queenie (108874167) wrote:
Lainie (124009750) wrote:thought about itches.

:haha: You're as bad as me. I thought the same thing when I read it, but was a bit wary of mentioning it. Thank you for doing it, it reminded me of that other thread :haha:

lol.. I still remember being in trouble for using that word when I was wee :haha:
Lainie (124009750)

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Here is another storage idea, but for clothing. Allowing us to create our own storage folders for clothing.

The same could be done for furniture as we decorate in ways that they appear in categories (themes) in stores, we can create our own personalized categories in our inventories to store items under.

I really like this idea, I mentally do this already so it'd be amazing to have this feature!! For example I group my Zynga blonde hairs together in my head :haha: takes forever to search individually since i have soooo many blonde hairs :shocked: :haha:
Image Image
"Have courage and be kind." ♛
PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 16852
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Writing essays, eating pringles and running after my puppy

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions