[CONTEST] XO2019 Design Mini-Contest! - Discussion

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: 2019 Valentine's Day Design Contest - Feedback & Suggest

Postby fenty (179175814) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 am

I need design entries from McFly, Megan or Korab!! Truly my favorite designers!!!!
I need to see Jumba tooooo.
RIHANNA.
ImageImageImageImageImage
fenty (179175814)
YoWorld Level: 209
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 09, 2011

Forum Posts: 2410
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: [CONTEST] XO2019 Design Mini-Contest! - Discussion

Postby Pierre A (187421515) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:25 am

ohh YASS ! Can't wait to start :rose:
Thank you Miss TiFied for doing this! <3
Pierre A (187421515)
YoWorld Level: 29
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 16, 2017

Forum Posts: 130
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby agnyZ (187649661) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:29 am

I have a question: I’m using adobe flash (animate); am I able to create animated items?
agnyZ (187649661)
YoWorld Level: 39
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2018

Forum Posts: 598
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Ember (153690198) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:18 am

Jester (187649661) wrote:I have a question: I’m using adobe flash (animate); am I able to create animated items?
Im guessing no since they seem to be getting strict on rules but I hope you get your answer!
Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 4061
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Viking David » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 am

Jester (187649661) wrote:I have a question: I’m using adobe flash (animate); am I able to create animated items?

No, at this time we'd prefer items to be static and without animation.
:D :thumbsup:

Viking David
YoWorld Level: 191

Forum Posts: 1465
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Cam (184561840) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 am

IceAgeComing (154702431) wrote:I always loved a valentine's day contests. But probably not gonna enter cause only vector are allowed and well.. i am quite horrible in vector, i am too used to photoshop. I am quite sad, i wish i could be able to design for this contest.

Goodluck to everyone who are going to participate, i am sure there will be some very cool designs! :balloon:

Samee here, Photoshop is my go to, aaa. Gonna try a new program but im sure it'll end up looking like a potato :haha:

Cam (184561840)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 04, 2013

Forum Posts: 4407

Postby Willow (13350872) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:57 pm

Am I looking in the wrong spot or has no one posted a design yet? :eh:
I'm proud to be an Okie from Muskogee,
A place where even squares can have a ball
We still wave Old Glory down at the courthouse,
And white lightnin's still the biggest thrill of all

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 12789
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:Am I looking in the wrong spot or has no one posted a design yet? :eh:

No one has posted yet.

I think the stricter rules have meant a lot of designers have had to go back and redo their work to ensure it meets the rules :thumbsup:

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 22269
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm

The entries thread is empty, however this contest was annouced just two days ago (in the middle of the work week at that). While some players may have some previously made designs, they might not have time to even just adjust them so they would be in compliance with the new rules, not talking about making a brand new items.

There is still a workweek and two weekends worth of time to enter, and I am sure there will be enough entries by then.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 2157
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Willow (13350872) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:Am I looking in the wrong spot or has no one posted a design yet? :eh:

No one has posted yet.

I think the stricter rules have meant a lot of designers have had to go back and redo their work to ensure it meets the rules :thumbsup:

Oh, ok thanks Liam, now get back to work :grr and think, think, think...blonde hairs :haha: :silly:

Willow (13350872)

Postby Ember (153690198) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Please someone add a hedgehog to your design you will get my vote
Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 4061

Postby Sayuri (118889749) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm

My honest opinion:
I have 3 issues with this
1-Requesting for full outfits is not what I would have imagined for a "mini" contest.
2-Mandatory vector format feels like forcing out a lot of players who enjoy designing using other media.
3-No balance between male/female

Here is why:

A single item contest would have been both lots of fun for players to enter, and fairly mini to be managed well by bvg artists.

I know many players with brilliant ideas for single items, and I would've loved to see them being able to participate! But here, they are forced to either learn a vector program(+design a full outfit) or... nothing... o_o

I was pondering if entering a male outfit only, to sort of protest the 3rd point, but it would be pointless, so I just call me out of this. I see no point in supporting this way of holding contests, It's not the spirit I'm after.

My feedback to bvg: I really feel like points 1 and 2 are not working towards an inclusive experience, it feels like a test for a job application, except there is no job. More players in the community should be encouraged to participate, not shut out.
Did you want to host a mini contest? Great, why not a single item one? Maybe even keeping (if you really must) the mandatory vector, but one thing is creating a single item in vector, for beginners, another story is a full outfit (not to mention back, variations and so on) it's just crazy to ask that to game players (not professional artists) who would simply liked to create an item for the game they love, having great ideas in mind! Not only you would have got more players to participate, but also more fresh ideas to take inspiration from.
I get you called it "mini" 'cos there is gonna be only 2 winners, so it's little workload on bvg side, but in my opinion, players/customers' side should be taken more into consideration, and this format is asking too much from players to be called "mini", it's starting to feel like a bad joke.

"I speak for myself only" disclaimer. Peace.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "What is 'real'?" "That which is irreplaceable." \W/
Sayuri (118889749)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 726

Postby IceAgeComing (154702431) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Sayuri (118889749) wrote:My honest opinion:
1-Requesting for full outfits is not what I would have imagined for a "mini" contest.
2-Mandatory vector format feels like forcing out a lot of players who enjoy designing using other media.

Here is why:

A single item contest would have been both lots of fun for players to enter, and fairly mini to be managed well by bvg artists.

I know many players with brilliant ideas for single items, and I would've loved to see them being able to participate! But here, they are forced to either learn a vector program(+design a full outfit) or... nothing... o_o

I was pondering if entering a male outfit only, to sort of protest the 3rd point, but it would be pointless, so I just call me out of this. I see no point in supporting this way of holding contests, It's not the spirit I'm after.

My feedback to bvg: I really feel like points 1 and 2 are not working towards an inclusive experience, it feels like a test for a job application, except there is no job. More players in the community should be encouraged to participate, not shut out.
Did you want to host a mini contest? Great, why not a single item one? Maybe even keeping (if you really must) the mandatory vector, but one thing is creating a single item in vector, for beginners, another story is a full outfit (not to mention back, variations and so on) it's just crazy to ask that to game players (not professional artists) who would simply liked to create an item for the game they love, having great ideas in mind! Not only you would have got more players to participate, but also more fresh ideas to take inspiration from.
I get you called it "mini" 'cos there is gonna be only 2 winners, so it's little workload on bvg side, but in my opinion, players/customers' side should be taken more into consideration, and this format is asking too much from players to be called "mini", it's starting to feel like a bad joke.

I agree wholeheartedly.
For a "mini" contest, they ask from us more than ever before(vectors, back views, color variations, etc).
I miss the times when contests were more simple, now they just expect us to be professional designers and if we are not, we are not welcome....
IceAgeComing (154702431)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2010

Forum Posts: 43
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Here is why:

All of this ^^

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 22269
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby AmityAffliction (180715113) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Woooo! :love:

AmityAffliction (180715113)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby agnyZ (187649661) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 pm

Do the compulsory items count towards the 15 item total?
agnyZ (187649661)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Here is why:

Can't wait to see what you've got :D :hug:

Willow (13350872)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Willow, I think Sayuri meant she isn't participating this time. :(

TORE SLAP UP

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 6543
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby agnyZ (187649661) » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Are you only allowed one item per category, for example: two handhelds not allowed?
agnyZ (187649661)

Postby Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:38 am

I think the fact there are no entries thus far speaks volumes as to how this contest is panning out :sad:

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 7848
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions