Decorating-Designing Challenge Suggestions

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Decorating-Designing Challenge Suggestions

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:28 am

Most of us know there is a distinct problem with the Decorating challenges - the severe lack of people voting on actual rooms and not just rooms crammed with JUNK just to get the gems!

* What if, instead of the added items being static (and non-removable!!), we got one VERY good YC item with one of the rooms, which we got to keep - IF - our rooms placed at 5.0 or higher? It would serve as an incentive to put some thought into the room's design and not just toss in a lot of crap! It would also be an added incentive to those of us who already do our best. (After all, we get to keep the hair and extra items from the costumes!)

* Put a filter on the contest that restricts the Free Trunks and other flotsam people toss into the rooms just to up their score. If you can filter items in the Auction House and these Events are going to be a regular staple, it should not be that hard, right?

* Have the voters put in a little extra effort by checking off criteria boxes for each entry. For instance, if the room needs 1) Trees 2) Bushes 3) Teddy Bears - then the voter should have to check off these boxes before they can submit their vote. Yes, this is a little extra effort but for those serious about this event, this little extra effort shouldn't be that rough, right?

These are just a few ideas. I'm sure people have others! Oh, and let me stress again - PLEASE "release" the furniture items from the previous Design rooms! You can mark them as "restricted" to keep them from being resold (like the eyes, hair, and other things in the clothing challenges) but we should be able to use them in other places.

Thanks for listening!! :bye:

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 539
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Decorating-Designing Challenge Suggestions

Postby BadMoon (153955457) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 am

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:Most of us know there is a distinct problem with the Decorating challenges - the severe lack of people voting on actual rooms and not just rooms crammed with JUNK just to get the gems!

* What if, instead of the added items being static (and non-removable!!), we got one VERY good YC item with one of the rooms, which we got to keep - IF - our rooms placed at 5.0 or higher? It would serve as an incentive to put some thought into the room's design and not just toss in a lot of crap! It would also be an added incentive to those of us who already do our best. (After all, we get to keep the hair and extra items from the costumes!)

* Put a filter on the contest that restricts the Free Trunks and other flotsam people toss into the rooms just to up their score. If you can filter items in the Auction House and these Events are going to be a regular staple, it should not be that hard, right?

* Have the voters put in a little extra effort by checking off criteria boxes for each entry. For instance, if the room needs 1) Trees 2) Bushes 3) Teddy Bears - then the voter should have to check off these boxes before they can submit their vote. Yes, this is a little extra effort but for those serious about this event, this little extra effort shouldn't be that rough, right?

These are just a few ideas. I'm sure people have others! Oh, and let me stress again - PLEASE "release" the furniture items from the previous Design rooms! You can mark them as "restricted" to keep them from being resold (like the eyes, hair, and other things in the clothing challenges) but we should be able to use them in other places.

Thanks for listening!! :bye:

not terrible ideas BUT for the bolded, i tend to hide stuff that dont make sense, and outdoor room calls for a lamp, or a painting, these things i hide, soooooooooooooooo............................lol

Click button to link to BadMoon's Siggy Shop
Now doing Christmas Siggy's & Fall

BadMoon (153955457)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2010

Forum Posts: 7168
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby snow cakes (1649396) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:03 am

I don't understand why you want voters to check off items as those items are required for entry
snow cakes (1649396)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 447
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:09 am

Hey Dex. FYI, there's a thread going viral now that is right on your point.

https://forums.yoworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=188533

Jess has weighed in a couple times there, so have a look...
:thumbsup:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 7870
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:45 am

snow cakes (1649396) wrote:I don't understand why you want voters to check off items as those items are required for entry

To make sure they've at least looked at the room instead of just voted for the first room that comes up, the way some people have said they do.

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Postby snow cakes (1649396) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:15 am

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:
snow cakes (1649396) wrote:I don't understand why you want voters to check off items as those items are required for entry

To make sure they've at least looked at the room instead of just voted for the first room that comes up, the way some people have said they do.

Hey, that won't work. they will just tick without looking if they really didn't want to look.
snow cakes (1649396)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 447
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:15 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Hey Dex. FYI, there's a thread going viral now that is right on your point.

I read the thread. The reason I posted this one was because I offered suggestions to fix the issue. Thank you, though, for drawing my attention to it. :thumbsup:

Dex Dexter (131354847)

Return to YoWorld Discussions