[EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Bunni xoxo (156428749) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

we'll be happy with these when you fix the lag this causes and show peoples rooms/outfits an even amount of times... o_o

Bunni xoxo (156428749)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 11, 2010

Forum Posts: 314
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Ember (153690198) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 am

Concept for next gem event:
Instead of mystery boxes there is a gem event store
WIth tiers of different items you can pick and choose what items you want from the gem event store.
You guys can set the prices to whatever ridiculous prices you want, but allow players to choose what items the purchase with gems.
Keep in mind we will complain if the prices are too high
The tiers unlock with each progression like usual
If you want the luck of the draw gamble then players can buy spins on the gem wheel for additional gems to buy

Just a basic concept that may make players happier. You could also keep the old mystery boxes too for those who want to try their luck

Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 3645
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 am

Ember (153690198) wrote:Concept for next gem event:
WIth tiers of different items you can pick and choose what items you want from the gem event store.
You guys can set the prices to whatever ridiculous prices you want, but allow players to choose what items the purchase with gems.
If you want the luck of the draw gamble then players can buy spins on the gem wheel for additional gems to buy

Just a basic concept that may make players happier. You could also keep the old mystery boxes too for those who want to try their luck

Sounds good to me!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7300
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby SUSHIgirl (111646228) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:46 am

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
D2H FLO (168105046) wrote::grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr 1st thank you for another Gem Event...….The Avenue...….NOW......Please explain to me...why would someone want to spend 230 gems for an item they can get for 50 gems.....Spent a little Yc bought some gems......Purchased a 230 gem Magic Box......got Elf Shoes...a common item......Go to friends house ...OH COOL, she has same shoes......ONLY she got hers out a 50 gem box...!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO we can spend more to get the same items someone else is getting for less....!!?????? WOW You can call that MAGIC I call that...……..cant say that here......NOT HAPPY !!!!! Its Christmas not Halloween …..still I feel like I was tricked.. Got a cheap sugar free piece of candy... :?: :shocked: :'(

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Maybe it just "grabs" the first available new item, which in our case happened to be from the 50 gem chest. I'm sure if I would have tried to get something first from the 50 gem chest, it would not have been the new elf shoes. So I feel your pain.

UGH, I wondered what the "magic" was and am glad I know now. So sorry that happened to you gals, I thought it would guarantee an Epic prize for that amount of gems. :sleepy:
Be Glad that you are Free, there's many a man who's not. ~Prince
Visit me https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h67677466

SUSHIgirl (111646228)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 1154
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 am

I LOVE this idea! I would much rather be able to pick a piece of furniture than get a surprise onesie. Or even be able to choose a few of the same chair, rather than only getting one and having to pay a fortune for another, or ask friends for theirs. No one comes to events anymore, it seems.

Please implement Ember's wonderful ideas! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

hugs n love
Lori :hug: :heart:

LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: May 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 589
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Andee (128316761) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:31 am

LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985) wrote:

I LOVE this idea! I would much rather be able to pick a piece of furniture than get a surprise onesie. Or even be able to choose a few of the same chair, rather than only getting one and having to pay a fortune for another, or ask friends for theirs. No one comes to events anymore, it seems.

Please implement Ember's wonderful ideas! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

hugs n love
Lori :hug: :heart:

I must say, I really like this idea as well. :thumbsup: :D
Life can be hard and discouraging, but when you feel like giving in and giving up, remember that the hair in your anus grows despite its environment. That is a CAN DO attitude even in really crappy surroundings! NEVER YIELD!
Andee (128316761)
YoWorld Level: 87
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 60
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:39 am

I would so prefer this the lucky dip aspect is so not enticing

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 7321

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 am

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) wrote:

I would so prefer this the lucky dip aspect is so not enticing

Agreed! The ability to "choose" a prize with my "funds" (gems) that I won via my contest score is much more appealing than single point gambling! This way if I did well but I want a bunch of 50 gem items I can get them! Or if I just want a couple more expensive items I can do that too! :rose: Edit: I would keep the costs at 50 and 150 gems with *perhaps* the new tier cost you just introduced being for gold/legendary items if they are unique! (ONLY if they are unique!) I would still not put unpopular in-store items as prizes! I would maybe make more unique items but they don't have to be Shabby Chic or Bohemian. Just nice basic UNIQUE furniture items! (But PLEASE give us nice stuff in the store too! Or do limited time releases of gem event items we voted for?)

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2284
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Rawr (186765003) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

It just means it will be any of the 'New' Items, from any tier. I bought one and got the 'New' elf shoes on the Common Tier. :wailing:
Rawr (186765003)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 5239

Postby Sassenach (139979347) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:09 am

Viking David wrote:The biggest change you'll find in this Event is the new Magic Chest. Magic Chests contain new EDE2018 items only!
To guarantee 1 brand new EDE2018 Event exclusive (also available in the other two Chests), take advantage of the new Magic Chest!
NEW: Click on any unlocked item in the Rewards tab to see the item name!

You can now delete Challenge Rooms if you want to!!!

Thank you for the free avenue and thank you very much for the new additions to the Gem Event!

I'm so happy for the Magic Chest! Some people are complaining that 50 gem items can be found in the Magic Chests, but I'd rather spend 230 gems and be GUARANTEED a new item than keep spending 50 or 150 gems at a time for garbage that is in the store. Thank you thank you thank you for allowing the opportunity to get only new items! This is huge for me! :heart:

Sassenach (139979347)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 258

Postby Sassenach (139979347) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 am

Rawr (186765003) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

It just means it will be any of the 'New' Items, from any tier. I bought one and got the 'New' elf shoes on the Common Tier. :wailing:

It could have been worse. You could have spent more gems than that and only got garbage from the store.

Sassenach (139979347)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 258

Postby Viking Jess » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 am

Hi guys! I have a couple of clarifications for all of ya :heart:

1. The Magic Chest is intended to be a way for you all to get only new Event-exclusive items if you so choose, which is an improvement made in direct response to many YoFans' feedback. It will prevent duplicates in the same way as the other Chests - in fact, the Event will notify you any time you will receive a duplicate prize, and allow you to choose whether or not you would like to proceed. This will allow you to decide whether or not you'd like to chance receiving in-store items through the other two Chests (which do contain these new Event-exclusives as well) or only new items :)

2. Muppetgal! I had our team check your entry. It looks like the first screenshot, which (if I'm reading correctly this morning, which is not guaranteed :haha: ) is what you intended. Something must have hiccuped and the room showed you either a previous state of the room, or items from the room that you were returning to after saving.

3. We'll be looking into ways we might be able to allow you all to see your entry after submitting, to try to prevent any unnecessary stress caused by the above :heart:

If I come across more answers or helpful explanations for anything in this thread, I'll come back to post it! :hug:

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9966
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby babi (12779881) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:51 am

Viking Jess wrote:1. The Magic Chest is intended to be a way for you all to get only new Event-exclusive items if you so choose, which is an improvement made in direct response to many YoFans' feedback. It will prevent duplicates in the same way as the other Chests - in fact, the Event will notify you any time you will receive a duplicate prize, and allow you to choose whether or not you would like to proceed. This will allow you to decide whether or not you'd like to chance receiving in-store items through the other two Chests (which do contain these new Event-exclusives as well) or only new items :)

Thanks for further explanation, there is one thing I haven't understood and is about the notification for duplicate prize.
Is this supposed to work with any kind of chest?
The notification will be a pop-up?
Sorry to bother but as I haven't seen this notification yet I haven't understood how works.

babi (12779881)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 337

Postby Muppetgal OP (109195880) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Thank you for checking my room. :)

Muppetgal OP (109195880)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 338

Postby Viking Jess » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:16 pm

babi (12779881) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:1. The Magic Chest is intended to be a way for you all to get only new Event-exclusive items if you so choose, which is an improvement made in direct response to many YoFans' feedback. It will prevent duplicates in the same way as the other Chests - in fact, the Event will notify you any time you will receive a duplicate prize, and allow you to choose whether or not you would like to proceed. This will allow you to decide whether or not you'd like to chance receiving in-store items through the other two Chests (which do contain these new Event-exclusives as well) or only new items :)

Thanks for further explanation, there is one thing I haven't understood and is about the notification for duplicate prize.
Is this supposed to work with any kind of chest?
The notification will be a pop-up?
Sorry to bother but as I haven't seen this notification yet I haven't understood how works.

Not a bother at all! :heart:

The pop-up will appear if you try to open a Chest that you've already received all available unique items from. Here's what it looks like:

To avoid getting a duplicate, either try another Chest, or do more Hang Outs to unlock your next tier :)

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9966
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby babi (12779881) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Wow!
This seems a very usefull feature :thumbsup:
Oh I am glad and thanks for the explanation.

babi (12779881)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 337

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Unbearable lag as soon as gem event starts. Can we please get longer breaks between them so we can enjoy the game
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE SCORPIONS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MOBIUS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 2555
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Vikings: Thank you so much for listening to our feedback about the new items only and implementing changes so quickly. I am really impressed and appreciative of that. :hug: :thumbsup:

I love that we now have an option to purchase Magic Chests which guarantee all NEW items - that is a great way to solve the issue of not wanting to get in store items for our gems. :thumbsup:

Here comes my *but*, lol. My only reservation is the cost of the new Magic Chest. I think 230 makes it , not *value for gem* as it will require more YC to fill up the bar just to be able to unleash two new items per go- around. If it were like say 200 gems, although you would still only get 2 rounds with a filled up bar, but it would cost slightly less to reload the gem bar. Each yocash represents real money that we are spending and I understand and accept the principle that if a player wants to get New Items only, then we need to pay premium for that option, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I am being fleeced (especially if that 230 gem box uncovers a New 50 gem item - that's a bitter pill to swallow and is another form of gambling). This new box should be able to make both the player and the *ringing YC tills* at BVG feel happy at the compromise. Right now it doesn't for me, with this cost level. o_o o_o

Thank you again, for delivering another YAWL aspect to the gem event :D :star: :)
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10080
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm

I cant even finish my room.... I am going to try and restart but I just had to take everything out of my room and exit out just because my stream got lost!!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 9589
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Is anyone else having problems decorating? Things aren't staying where they are placed, a grabbed item turns into something else, it's very shaky and the layering changes with each new item. It's very annoying. I can't even finish my challenge room. :grr
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465

Wish: Animated Helper Elf VC2018, Running Water Stream MY2018

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2457
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions