[EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Opii (2343959) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:19 pm

IronEsoup (187599310) wrote:I dont think having to spend 120k on a room is fair for newer players....The gem rooms...….either have to spend YC or over a 120k to fill bonus bar...….How do you expect us to be able to afford decorating rooms and having money to buy new clothes.....if we spend what little yc we have on furniture to fill bar we have none to spend on clothes for next challenge...Some of us are on fixed incomes......And is sucks to spend 2 hours making a room spending that kind of coins to get a 3.8 rating....UUUGH...ok shut up Irony No one cares...….Rant over.... :grr


Im not new, but I dont have much coin either and I cant buy yc often, just the odd dollar deal now and again, but I love these events and im grateful that that not only do I have fun decorating (and I DO decorate, not just sling 3 bits of junk in a room) but I like being inventive with things I already own, and using a few coin items from each new theme, but I get freebies as I go along! I dont care if I dont get the bonus, I dont expect to get the same as players who pay real money to do so! I get fair ratings and ive had some lovely prizes.
No one makes you go for the bonus and bvg dont expect you to, but if you want to you can! Enjoy what you can of the event but dont expect it to be a level playing field - we all get something for for doing a little, but you shouldnt expect something for nothing.
User avatar

Opii (2343959)
YoWorld Level: 184
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 372
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

I can guarantee that it is one new item from anywhere in the tier. Since there's only one tier so far, I will assume that it applies to all tiers & regardless if the item falls under the 50 gem or 150 gem chests. I tried the "magic" chest & indeed got a brand new item, but it was from a 50 gem chest.
Image
ImageI'm feeling Tore Slap Up today.
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5016
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Denna (10205906) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:41 pm

My Yo is not happy right now... I don't complain fast... But this time I have to...

I decorated room with items I already bought past days... Then at end I purchased few items and saved room... I took screenshot and I saw that few items I purchased ARE NOT ON PICTURE! They are also not in my inventory!! :eh: :eh:

So, right now Idk is room saved with items I purchased or not, because on screenshot they don't show up... o_o
Image
"I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9143
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:44 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

I can guarantee that it is one new item from anywhere in the tier. Since there's only one tier so far, I will assume that it applies to all tiers & regardless if the item falls under the 50 gem or 150 gem chests. I tried the "magic" chest & indeed got a brand new item, but it was from a 50 gem chest.


Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I think I rather spend 50 and 150 getting anything rather than gamble 230 gems away at the risk of getting a 50 gem item.
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6392
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

I can guarantee that it is one new item from anywhere in the tier. Since there's only one tier so far, I will assume that it applies to all tiers & regardless if the item falls under the 50 gem or 150 gem chests. I tried the "magic" chest & indeed got a brand new item, but it was from a 50 gem chest.


Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I think I rather spend 50 and 150 getting anything rather than gamble 230 gems away at the risk of getting a 50 gem item.

Well, to be fair, there are a total of 8 new items in this tier -- and there is only one 50 gem new item. It's just my luck that's what I got. :D
Image
ImageI'm feeling Tore Slap Up today.
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5016
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Kitty Kate (127950245) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 pm

NM it was already answered.
Formerly known as Kitty Kat....too many Kitty Kats in game!
Image
User avatar

Kitty Kate (127950245)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4173
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Made in Detroit

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Kitty Kate (127950245) wrote:NM it was already answered.


I got to read your reply before you edited it. Thanks much. :hug:
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6392
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:51 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

I can guarantee that it is one new item from anywhere in the tier. Since there's only one tier so far, I will assume that it applies to all tiers & regardless if the item falls under the 50 gem or 150 gem chests. I tried the "magic" chest & indeed got a brand new item, but it was from a 50 gem chest.


Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I think I rather spend 50 and 150 getting anything rather than gamble 230 gems away at the risk of getting a 50 gem item.

Well, to be fair, there are a total of 8 new items in this tier -- and there is only one 50 gem new item. It's just my luck that's what I got. :D


Got you, thanks for the help!
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6392
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Can we get the new skin layering fixed please? I love it but I look like im wearing a strange cap from the back lol

Image
User avatar

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 5482
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: U.K

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm

It is december, when many of us have to work lots of overtime at work, perhaps have christmas dinners from work (I just had ours tonight and returned literally 10 minutes ago), still some christmas shopping to do and if our families live spread out, and not close to each other, a few family events to attend.
Why can we not have at least this festive month off from the gem events?
For many of us players it's a love/hate sort of feeling. While we do appreciate the free items as rewards, this sort of event creates a certain level of pressure on us, especially since you keep adding more complex aspects to this game (the silver bar up top and now a 250 gems chest).
The amazing quality items that can be exclusively earned through participating in this event are highly sought after, and it forces us to either participate in the event, although that may cut our little bit of possible sleep even further, or reach deeply into our pockets and buy those beautiful items from other players in Auction House or trades for literally millions of coins.
I am pretty disappointed.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
Image
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs
User avatar

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19372
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Le MonZest (177162826) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Is it just me that found it particularly hard to place items in the room, I found it really hard to drag the items from my stuff and the store to place them on the correct position and if I suffered with Arthritis it would have been very painful. I never have this problem with normal decorating.
User avatar

Le MonZest (177162826)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 25, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 905
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Muppetgal OP (109195880) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm

The room I tried to submit and the room that ACTUALLY submitted are not the same.


Really not happy about this....at all. I also tried to take a few items out of an already made room to use and I could not remove them. So SOMETHING is wrong with the save feature generally.

What I thought I was submitting:
Image

and what showed up after I hit the submit button:
Image
User avatar

Muppetgal OP (109195880)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 334
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:08 pm

Loads of glitches being reported tonight.

I'm not going to risk finishing mine.

Hopefully, someone can look into what's going on, asap

o_o

Sorry to everyone who had a problem saving :hug:
Image Image

:star: 100% goad-free siggy :star:
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5601
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: London UK

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Kitty Kate (127950245) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Kitty Kate (127950245) wrote:NM it was already answered.


I got to read your reply before you edited it. Thanks much. :hug:

I'm on my tablet when I come on forums so I'm super slow poke typing and have to proofread the words it picks. :phew: :haha: :hug:
Formerly known as Kitty Kat....too many Kitty Kats in game!
Image
User avatar

Kitty Kate (127950245)
YoWorld Level: 356
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4173
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Made in Detroit

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby D2H FLO (168105046) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:07 pm

:grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr 1st thank you for another Gem Event...….The Avenue...….NOW......Please explain to me...why would someone want to spend 230 gems for an item they can get for 50 gems.....Spent a little Yc bought some gems......Purchased a 230 gem Magic Box......got Elf Shoes...a common item......Go to friends house ...OH COOL, she has same shoes......ONLY she got hers out a 50 gem box...!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO we can spend more to get the same items someone else is getting for less....!!?????? WOW You can call that MAGIC I call that...……..cant say that here......NOT HAPPY !!!!! Its Christmas not Halloween …..still I feel like I was tricked.. Got a cheap sugar free piece of candy... :?: :shocked: :'(
User avatar

D2H FLO (168105046)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 30, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 12
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 pm

D2H FLO (168105046) wrote::grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr 1st thank you for another Gem Event...….The Avenue...….NOW......Please explain to me...why would someone want to spend 230 gems for an item they can get for 50 gems.....Spent a little Yc bought some gems......Purchased a 230 gem Magic Box......got Elf Shoes...a common item......Go to friends house ...OH COOL, she has same shoes......ONLY she got hers out a 50 gem box...!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO we can spend more to get the same items someone else is getting for less....!!?????? WOW You can call that MAGIC I call that...……..cant say that here......NOT HAPPY !!!!! Its Christmas not Halloween …..still I feel like I was tricked.. Got a cheap sugar free piece of candy... :?: :shocked: :'(

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. Maybe it just "grabs" the first available new item, which in our case happened to be from the 50 gem chest. I'm sure if I would have tried to get something first from the 50 gem chest, it would not have been the new elf shoes. So I feel your pain.
Image
ImageI'm feeling Tore Slap Up today.
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5016
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Ember (153690198) wrote:Would have liked alonger break from this

same! wish they would've done a different one over the Christmas period... something a little less time consuming! :drool:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3770
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby BOBBI (13706123) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Thank you for continuing to take the advice/concerns from players and making continued improvements each time you release it. :D
User avatar
BOBBI (13706123)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 13, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 727
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Ember (153690198) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:39 pm

IronEsoup (187599310) wrote:I dont think having to spend 120k on a room is fair for newer players....The gem rooms...….either have to spend YC or over a 120k to fill bonus bar...….How do you expect us to be able to afford decorating rooms and having money to buy new clothes.....if we spend what little yc we have on furniture to fill bar we have none to spend on clothes for next challenge...Some of us are on fixed incomes......And is sucks to spend 2 hours making a room spending that kind of coins to get a 3.8 rating....UUUGH...ok shut up Irony No one cares...….Rant over.... :grr
You only have to spend 80k to fill up the bar use only 1k items because you only get .01 point per coin items and 500c items arent worth any points. Typically what is best to do is use the floor tiles in the depot and hide them. Also typically the yocash item point yield sucks compared to what it use to be. I think I bought a 3 yc item and only got .05 boost. I used the free yc to justify it but really its no good. If you need some tiles sent your way let me know
Last edited by Ember (153690198) on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
User avatar

Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 3636
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 pm

Get rid of the in-store items from the gems prizes PLEASE.

It would be fabulous if you could make it so we can connect the challenge rooms to one another or to another house with the extant arrows in the rooms. At the very least, let us connect them with teleport arrows. The rooms, as is, are so useless and difficult to get to.

hugs n love,
Lori
User avatar

LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: May 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 589
Forum Title: YoSupporter

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions