[EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Winter Holiday Event!

Postby Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Although I appreciate the separate chest I think it is excessively expensive, between the cost involved in decorating a room and the cost to purchase gems to open enough of these chest to clear the tiers it is simply too much. Good idea in theory but given that this time of year is already a money spinner it would have been nice to see a little more consideration around lowering prices instead of increasing them yet again. You are pricing this game beyond reasonable means.

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 7319
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:01 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Vikings: Thank you so much for listening to our feedback about the new items only and implementing changes so quickly. I am really impressed and appreciative of that. :hug: :thumbsup:

I love that we now have an option to purchase Magic Chests which guarantee all NEW items - that is a great way to solve the issue of not wanting to get in store items for our gems. :thumbsup:

Here comes my *but*, lol. My only reservation is the cost of the new Magic Chest. I think 230 makes it , not *value for gem* as it will require more YC to fill up the bar just to be able to unleash two new items per go- around. If it were like say 200 gems, although you would still only get 2 rounds with a filled up bar, but it would cost slightly less to reload the gem bar. Each yocash represents real money that we are spending and I understand and accept the principle that if a player wants to get New Items only, then we need to pay premium for that option, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I am being fleeced (especially if that 230 gem box uncovers a New 50 gem item - that's a bitter pill to swallow and is another form of gambling). This new box should be able to make both the player and the *ringing YC tills* at BVG feel happy at the compromise. Right now it doesn't for me, with this cost level. o_o o_o

Thank you again, for delivering another YAWL aspect to the gem event :D :star: :)

Agree with this 100%!! Ty for taking the time to outline this so eloquently, Jojo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17089
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) wrote:Although I appreciate the separate chest I think it is excessively expensive, between the cost involved in decorating a room and the cost to purchase gems to open enough of these chest to clear the tiers it is simply too much. Good idea in theory but given that this time of year is already a money spinner it would have been nice to see a little more consideration around lowering prices instead of increasing them yet again. You are pricing this game beyond reasonable means.

YES to your entire reply! I love the new items that we get in the gem events, but I would rather they just be released in game and not some special event. I am tired of the best designed items being in the gems because the cost is ridiculous. This game is quickly becoming way too expensive.

daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 2150
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Vikings: Thank you so much for listening to our feedback about the new items only and implementing changes so quickly. I am really impressed and appreciative of that. :hug: :thumbsup:

I love that we now have an option to purchase Magic Chests which guarantee all NEW items - that is a great way to solve the issue of not wanting to get in store items for our gems. :thumbsup:

Here comes my *but*, lol. My only reservation is the cost of the new Magic Chest. I think 230 makes it , not *value for gem* as it will require more YC to fill up the bar just to be able to unleash two new items per go- around. If it were like say 200 gems, although you would still only get 2 rounds with a filled up bar, but it would cost slightly less to reload the gem bar. Each yocash represents real money that we are spending and I understand and accept the principle that if a player wants to get New Items only, then we need to pay premium for that option, but at the same time I don't want to feel like I am being fleeced (especially if that 230 gem box uncovers a New 50 gem item - that's a bitter pill to swallow and is another form of gambling). This new box should be able to make both the player and the *ringing YC tills* at BVG feel happy at the compromise. Right now it doesn't for me, with this cost level. o_o o_o

Thank you again, for delivering another YAWL aspect to the gem event :D :star: :)

Agree with this 100%!! Ty for taking the time to outline this so eloquently, Jojo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, you have explained this much better than I could. Agree 100%.

daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 2150

Postby Rod (126579776) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm

This stuff all needs to be in the store AND in the gem events. I understand that you want someone to pay $190 to get the one item they really wanted. Eventually these people will come to their senses. When they do, they will stop being your customer and become your angry enemy.

So enjoy it now. There is a day of reckoning. And when it comes, I'll have no problem issuing the "I Told You So" threads. This gem cash cow is sick and it will stay that way as long as you continue to take money for over priced gambling. The short run is fun until it no longer is.

:thumbsup: :angel:

Miles Finch - You feeling strong, my friend? Call me "elf" one more time.
Buddy The Elf - He's an angry elf.
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27964
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 pm

This first voting, I saw few rooms with "rotate" function in it... :eh:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 9143
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby SUSHIgirl (111646228) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:This first voting, I saw few rooms with "rotate" function in it... :eh:

I just saw several empty rooms that couldn't have met the requirement to even enter...AND they had MORE votes than the room beside them with decorations in them. :dizzy: Also saw people in their rooms :eh:
Be Glad that you are Free, there's many a man who's not. ~Prince
Visit me https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h67677466

SUSHIgirl (111646228)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 1154
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby michelle ganley (14702341) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:29 pm

ive submitted a ticket i finished my room and filled the bonus bar but when i hit submit my room emptied if this is how it saved then i have no chance of getting votes and on the last one it saved with me stood in the middle of fire pit

michelle ganley (14702341)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1224
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Tifanny (6934949) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:42 pm

230 gems for only common items? :shocked: http://prntscr.com/lrqp7s :( u have to fix it :grr
Tifanny (6934949)
YoWorld Level: 65
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Amaya (139390344) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:The new magic crates claim to contain one new unique item. Is this item available on the chart? If so, can it be from any tier, or only the highest two?

I can guarantee that it is one new item from anywhere in the tier. Since there's only one tier so far, I will assume that it applies to all tiers & regardless if the item falls under the 50 gem or 150 gem chests. I tried the "magic" chest & indeed got a brand new item, but it was from a 50 gem chest.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know. I think I rather spend 50 and 150 getting anything rather than gamble 230 gems away at the risk of getting a 50 gem item.

This^. I just stupidly spent 230 gems to open it, then came here to find out I could have gotten the item in any of the chests. Extremely lame!

Amaya (139390344)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 2144

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Skipping the event this time but by the looks of what I've read you're doing a real bang up job. :drink: :rolling eye emoji:
Be yourself~everyone else is taken. .
Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 10307
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Riff (185643699) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:Skipping the event this time but by the looks of what I've read you're doing a real bang up job. :drink: :rolling eye emoji:

:haha: my first out loud laugh for the day, thanks for that. its really not funny, but your new emoji :haha: and its just easier to laugh sometimes
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 10885

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:
Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:Skipping the event this time but by the looks of what I've read you're doing a real bang up job. :drink: :rolling eye emoji:

:haha: my first out loud laugh for the day, thanks for that. its really not funny, but your new emoji :haha: and its just easier to laugh sometimes

:haha: :haha:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So glad I'm out :thumbsup: people seriously love to hate these things :dizzy: Just open your wallet and say ahhh or come to the darkside...we have new emojis.
Be yourself~everyone else is taken. .
Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 10307

Postby Kio (185180932) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Very Interesting read ^^

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8746

Postby Denna (10205906) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:52 am

SUSHIgirl (111646228) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:This first voting, I saw few rooms with "rotate" function in it... :eh:

I just saw several empty rooms that couldn't have met the requirement to even enter...AND they had MORE votes than the room beside them with decorations in them. :dizzy: Also saw people in their rooms :eh:

Yes, that too! I saw few too... :eh:
Denna (10205906)

Postby Viking Jess » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:

Hey guys!

Just since I don't know if I've ever mentioned it - we do have a task to investigate these issues. It's more complicated than you'd imagine to look into, as really all the event does is take a quick snapshot of your entry (kinda like the "Download Outfit Image" button). But it's a thing we're certainly aware of and intend to try to fix!

Empty rooms are actually even more difficult, given the number of possible items that could be hiding in any one entry - but we'll see what we can do anyway :heart:

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9966
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Denna (10205906) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:21 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Hey guys!

Just since I don't know if I've ever mentioned it - we do have a task to investigate these issues. It's more complicated than you'd imagine to look into, as really all the event does is take a quick snapshot of your entry (kinda like the "Download Outfit Image" button). But it's a thing we're certainly aware of and intend to try to fix!

Empty rooms are actually even more difficult, given the number of possible items that could be hiding in any one entry - but we'll see what we can do anyway :heart:

Ty vm Jess :rose:

I also want to thank you for reply about our entries where some items didn't show up. I really hope my room is submitted like I wanted it to be.

Have great day :)
Denna (10205906)

Postby Moon Maiden (144063105) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:

Hey guys!

I wonder if it has anything to do with the lag some are experiencing? Their Yo cant get out of the picture before the snapshot is taken because the lag wont let them leave quick enough. Doesn't explain the other issues, but it could be a number of things going on

Moon Maiden (144063105)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 04, 2010

Forum Posts: 96
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Yuri (120671304) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:53 pm

I see I am not the only one who is tired of these contests. Yes, "free" items are nice, but I never want to decorate my actual Yo properties anymore because of having to do the contest. I don't have to, I know, but that's where the interesting items come from now. About half the time (almost always on decorating days) I can't face playing Yo anymore. I've been playing since Sept. 2009, but this might get me to quit. It's tiresome.
Yuri (120671304)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 44
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby IronEsoup (187599310) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm

I dont expect something for nothing...…..Lets be honest,,,,,...….Ive seen some junk rooms.....Rooms that didn't even fit the description of event get 5.5 and 5.8 ratings......and mine get 3.2 and 3.1 ratings...and im very creative....all I was saying was its hard for newer players to spend 500k to 1 million chips in one month on gem events and im am very thankful to BVG for giving me a chance to play for the gems......if you don't max the bonus out of chosen items/theme....rates are even lower on rooms and chance of getting better gems is lowered...….So you are right no one is forcing you to spend the coins...but if you expect a better rating you HAVE to spend it.....and even than ,still might not get a good score....I do expect the playing field to be fair......It should be based on your creativity not amount of Coins or YC you spent..!!!!

IronEsoup (187599310)
YoWorld Level: 77
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 12, 2018

Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions