[FEEDBACK] VC2018: Victorian Christmas (Tue, December 11th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] VC2018: Victorian Christmas (Thurs, December

Postby May (110044468) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Today’s release were a pass for me on both male & female hairs. The swooping drape of forehead hair on the female hairs was off-putting. The guy’s hair was just OK but doesn’t layer well with the short choppy cut in back.

And the rare colors—so tired of pastel ombré or pink/blue streaks. The guy’s rare green & brown streak would have been better as brown with a few green streak highlights. Instead it looks muddy with dull green & brown mixed equally with no clue as to which one is the highlight. :'(

The yobers are very cute. They would also be nice as room decor. There are some nice food decor pieces & the inset wall stove is a nice touch. Not a fan of the cabinets but overall some nice decor smalls for any kitchen.

The interactive build a snowman is very nice. :thumbsup:
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 1997
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm

Opened 4 Boxes and got 2 rare hairs and plat and brown thank you so much for the luck.

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 15245
Forum Title: YoFiend

I really like this color of new hair today

Postby AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:43 pm

It pretty cute and color. :)

AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 2425
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: [FEEDBACK] VC2018: Victorian Christmas (Fri, November 30

Postby Meadow (152618059) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Meadow (152618059) wrote:
Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Meadow (152618059) wrote:I took off a month to write and came back to find my credit card has been hacked and over $700 dollars worth of charges to dispute. Had to cancel my VIP status, which really makes me sad as I will not receive the monthy gift at the best time of the yr. :wailing: :wailing: Having to live off of game cards until the bank finds the culprits :sick: :sick:
BVG I love the theme, and more than that to my fellow yo's it was so nice to come back and find you all in such a festive mood and happy with the game :star: :star:
Hope you all continue to love this theme as much as I am & hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful holiday :heart: :heart: :heart:
s

I'm so sorry for your troubles, Meadow!!! That's not a good way to start the new year :(

:hug: :hug: :rose:
Thx for your response, hopefully, will straighten this out and I can get my Jan gift by resuming my membership :sick: :sick:
The credit card is really a small part of what went wrong this year, the plumbing broke underneath OUR slab also, My grandsons who are living with us now because their dad, who is a veteran left his family secondary to PTSD. :sad: :sad: So they moved in with us, as their mom is my daughter. :rose:
But I really want to mention something that has been really heartbreaking to our family that is worse than above, The night of the election for President my nephew Paul who was 26yr old veteran hung himself. And then at Easter this yr my 32yr old nephew Brandon did the same. This will be our first Christmas without Brandon, and needless to say, we are still grieving over Paul.
Obviously, the grandchildren and the deaths take precedence over my losing my VIP status in this game, or the credit card or the plumbing but when you are grieving everything is one more thing and as someone who worked as an RN before I became disabled, I know that the holidays are not always a good time for everyone. I worked in psych an then hospice and people who are depressed or who lose a loved one need special TYC at this time of the year. :heartbroken: :heartbroken:

So if you or someone you love are feeling down I thought I would take the time to list the national suicide hotline
1-800-273-8255. :idea:

Please take the time to check in on your Vets. my son-in-law and nephews were all Vets. Check in with your family members who are in the armed services (active duty) because Christmas is usually a financial strain on these families or they are stationed far away from other families, support groups, and friends. Check on your elderly as they are not always able to visit due to transportation or illness. or disability. But most important take care of yourself because you are loved and you deserve it, and you cannot be good for anyone else if you are not good to yourself Be happy YOS, enjoy the games you play for downtime! And have A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON, FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS :rose: :rose:

Meadow (152618059)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 199
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Nutty Nat (132566043) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:20 pm

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
Nutty Nat (132566043) wrote:I'm usually a lurker, but I had to share this. Is it just me or this yober looks like it's poking *something* in my avi with its sword? And she's REALLY liking it. Look at her smile. :angel: :haha:

The poor reindeer is scarred for life.

Hahaha Nutty, this made me lol for real :haha: Thanks for sharing ;)

You're very welcome. :D It made me laugh out loud so hard it scared and p*ssed off my cat. :haha:
I was expecting applause but I suppose stunned silence is equally appropriate.
Nutty Nat (132566043)
YoWorld Level: 399
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 67
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby voodoosue (118968402) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm

can we please get some big snow globes to use outdoors pleaseeeeee :D
some people should use a glue stick instead of chap stick
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72865295
PLZZZ send me your day of dead items if your not using <3 ty

voodoosue (118968402)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2009

Forum Posts: 5723
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I like a lot of the furniture today. The kitchen cabinets are really nice and I love those preserves jars! I'll be stocking my pantries with those jars LOL

I like the idea of the sinks as they sort of can pass for a farmhouse type sink if you hang a towel from them to look like a drainboard curtain. But the texture is a bit off. They look a little less porcelain and a little more plastic. I will play with them but I think I can make them work in some places.

The little foods are microscopic. What is that about?! You guys used to make great foods and now they keep getting tinier and blurrier. :dizzy: Glad I have a nice collection of good foods or my poor yo would be starving :haha:

And speaking of blurry, those huge wreaths and the dining tables are also blurry looking.

Request: instead of (or in addition to) the table settings, can you guys please make some individual forks, spoons, and knives like the ones that are being vaulted from the TF2017 theme but that can be rotated in 4 directions? It's nice that some of the sets you guys have been making recently can be rotated all 4, but I'm not big on sets. I like to have the individual pieces.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 14075
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: [FEEDBACK] VC2018: Victorian Christmas (Fri, November 30

Postby Enigma (13260594) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Meadow (152618059) wrote:I took off a month to write and came back to find my credit card has been hacked and over $700 dollars worth of charges to dispute. Had to cancel my VIP status, which really makes me sad as I will not receive the monthy gift at the best time of the yr. :wailing: :wailing: Having to live off of game cards until the bank finds the culprits :sick: :sick:
BVG I love the theme, and more than that to my fellow yo's it was so nice to come back and find you all in such a festive mood and happy with the game :star: :star:
Hope you all continue to love this theme as much as I am & hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful holiday :heart: :heart: :heart:
s

I'm so sorry for your troubles, Meadow!!! That's not a good way to start the new year :(

:hug: :hug: :rose:
Thx for your response, hopefully, will straighten this out and I can get my Jan gift by resuming my membership :sick: :sick:
The credit card is really a small part of what went wrong this year, the plumbing broke underneath OUR slab also, My grandsons who are living with us now because their dad, who is a veteran left his family secondary to PTSD. :sad: :sad: So they moved in with us, as their mom is my daughter. :rose:
But I really want to mention something that has been really heartbreaking to our family that is worse than above, The night of the election for President my nephew Paul who was 26yr old veteran hung himself. And then at Easter this yr my 32yr old nephew Brandon did the same. This will be our first Christmas without Brandon, and needless to say, we are still grieving over Paul.
Obviously, the grandchildren and the deaths take precedence over my losing my VIP status in this game, or the credit card or the plumbing but when you are grieving everything is one more thing and as someone who worked as an RN before I became disabled, I know that the holidays are not always a good time for everyone. I worked in psych an then hospice and people who are depressed or who lose a loved one need special TYC at this time of the year. :heartbroken: :heartbroken:

So if you or someone you love are feeling down I thought I would take the time to list the national suicide hotline
1-800-273-8255. :idea:

Please take the time to check in on your Vets. my son-in-law and nephews were all Vets. Check in with your family members who are in the armed services (active duty) because Christmas is usually a financial strain on these families or they are stationed far away from other families, support groups, and friends. Check on your elderly as they are not always able to visit due to transportation or illness. or disability. But most important take care of yourself because you are loved and you deserve it, and you cannot be good for anyone else if you are not good to yourself Be happy YOS, enjoy the games you play for downtime! And have A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON, FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS :rose: :rose:

For Aussies you can call : The Suicide call back service on 1300 659 467 24 Hours a day.
You can also call : The Beyond Blue support service on 1300 224 636 If you are feeling depressed or sad.
:rose:

Enigma (13260594)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 pm

I really liked the coin chandelier, candles and wreaths( although they look a little flat ). The rugs are pretty :thumbsup:
Be yourself~everyone else is taken. .
Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010

Forum Posts: 10307
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Peta April (2638410) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:03 am

with the gem chests the 150 seems better then the 230 chest.....

why is the 230 gem chest worse then the 150? it appears a pointless thing!

can anyone fill me in on if i am correct about the 230 chest effectively being between the 50 and 150 chest as far as quality items?

Peta April (2638410)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2008

Forum Posts: 422

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:07 am

Peta April (2638410) wrote:with the gem chests the 150 seems better then the 230 chest.....

why is the 230 gem chest worse then the 150? it appears a pointless thing!

can anyone fill me in on if i am correct about the 230 chest effectively being between the 50 and 150 chest as far as quality items?

"The biggest change you'll find in this Event is the new Magic Chest. Magic Chests contain new EDE2018 items only! Note that these same EDE2018 items may also be found in the Wooden and Mega Chests." - Viking David
ImageI'm feeling Tore Slap Up today.

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 5029

Re: [FEEDBACK] VC2018: Victorian Christmas (Fri, December 7t

Postby babi (12779881) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 am

Misspelled Item:
Real Winter Casual Shawl VC2018 instead of "Teal" I suppose

babi (12779881)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 337

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am

Just out of curiosity, why the angels npc wear fur coat? :)
We are out of rice krispies har har

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7262
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Cheeya (2730905) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 am

Todays hair pins look like bat wings. Yall also needed a new colour palette in clothing for this theme, looks washed out or faded.

Thanks for the 10-1 tho :love:
Must be love on the brain, that's got me feeling this way..
#TVDFOREVER {DAMON SALVATORE} #THEORIGINALSFOREVER{ELIJAH & NIKLAUS MIKAELSON}
<--Globe: Christmas Cabin #2 2017

Cheeya (2730905)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2008

Forum Posts: 2961
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:44 am

Todays dresses and shawls are sooooo frumpy! :(
Formerly Skyjumpr
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h73262949

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.
Dewey Bunnell
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 2457
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Velvet Butterfly (4338759) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:11 am

I really like the color theme for this vintage theme however I am not a fan of the dresses or the hair bows.. they really do look like wings
As for yesterday's release... the kitchen really still looks like it doesn't belong imo and the wreaths are so blurry they are unusable. The chandelier is awesome and I like a lot of the other items from the previous days but the hair...umm not sure what to say about the hair except I don't like them at all. Over all though it's pretty decent..just want a new outhouse or something..

Velvet Butterfly (4338759)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 1554
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Lockhart Missy (140269490) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 am

The new outfit today was meh. The bows look like bat wings and the shoes look just like our starter shoes. I don't know, I'm not a fan.
Click on my siggy to visit me. ^
Ultimate wish at the moment: Emerald City Split Braids Black!
RIP, Bettina. I'll always love you... 1997-2015 ♥

Lockhart Missy (140269490)
YoWorld Level: 212
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 4923
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Denna (10205906) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:41 pm

Yesterday's hairs... Not my cup of tea...

Today's clothes... Not my cup of tea...

I am sorry...

I am happy for people who like it :)
"I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 9143
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Jewelzz77 (133517584) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:50 pm

I seem to remember Jess saying we were gonna get some beautiful Victorian Era dresses with bodices and lovely skirts. Yet every clothing release has been ugly and frumpy with the same color scheme that has been repeated over and over ad nauseam.

The hairs have been a huge disappointment also. I love the style of the fancy hairs, but the yellowish one looks like piss. The other rare is drab and ugly. I apologize to the designer, and I am aware that some love them, but please. The decor, with a very few exceptions, is exquisite! Why can't the hairs and outfits be the same? I want bright colors with sparkly accents and lots of ribbons and bows. And the coats and muffs are just awful. As are the hats and shoes.
Please please, included with some of the best decor items I've seen in 9 years, can we not have the same excellent quality in the outfit releases?

I also wanted to add, sorry, more criticism, that the last release has been more the "traditional" BVG style of layering issues (all of them have those, per usual) and the blurriness of many items. Also would have preferred not to have the huge centerpieces on the DR tables and to have a much smaller fireplace.
We know know you can do great decor, can you please keep it up till the end of the theme?

Jewelzz77 (133517584)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 1450
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Jewelzz77 (133517584) wrote:I seem to remember Jess saying we were gonna get some beautiful Victorian Era dresses with bodices and lovely skirts. Yet every clothing release has been ugly and frumpy with the same color scheme that has been repeated over and over ad nauseam.

The hairs have been a huge disappointment also. I love the style of the fancy hairs, but the yellowish one looks like piss. The other rare is drab and ugly. I apologize to the designer, and I am aware that some love them, but please. The decor, with a very few exceptions, is exquisite! Why can't the hairs and outfits be the same? I want bright colors with sparkly accents and lots of ribbons and bows. And the coats and muffs are just awful. As are the hats and shoes.
Please please, included with some of the best decor items I've seen in 9 years, can we not have the same excellent quality in the outfit releases?

I also wanted to add, sorry, more criticism, that the last release has been more the "traditional" BVG style of layering issues (all of them have those, per usual) and the blurriness of many items. Also would have preferred not to have the huge centerpieces on the DR tables and to have a much smaller fireplace.
We know know you can do great decor, can you please keep it up till the end of the theme?

Awwww :'( :sleepy: o_o

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 17089
Forum Title: YoFiend

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions