[INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:
Image Image

:star: 100% goad-free siggy :star:

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 5601
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

I've just realised that I don't do most themes as such... unless I want to. I just want items I can use for my own projects,, :)
I had to think about my interests - and then I realised that I seldom do conventional deorating. I have no idea when I last did a bathroom. :haha:
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 4944
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Lainie (124009750) wrote:I've just realised that I don't do most themes as such... unless I want to. I just want items I can use for my own projects,, :)
I had to think about my interests - and then I realised that I seldom do conventional decorating. I have no idea when I last did a bathroom. :haha:

Edited to say that I have great bowel movements... :devil:
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 4944

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Lainie (124009750) wrote:
Lainie (124009750) wrote:I've just realised that I don't do most themes as such... unless I want to. I just want items I can use for my own projects,, :)
I had to think about my interests - and then I realised that I seldom do conventional decorating. I have no idea when I last did a bathroom. :haha:

Edited to say that I have great bowel movements... :devil:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :quiet:
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 9589
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

:thumbsup:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6394

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2284
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:

Apologies Katherine - I honestly wasn't personalising my comment...........I meant generally, however, I was rebutting your point about there being no music :hug:

I have no clue how they're going to interpret Kio's theme and had no vision in mind about it at all, but I voted for it because it's something different and I think the game needs more 'different'..............LOADS more 'different' actually :haha: :love:
Image Image

:star: 100% goad-free siggy :star:

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 5601

Postby Kio (185180932) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:31 pm

:star: :trophy: :star:

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8746

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:15 pm

So, we're getting another farm and retreat, but no Cyberpunk? :( Cyberpunk and Paranormal were only ones that I was looking forward to out of options given.

Next time can we please get some themes never seen before? Or at least themes that were only here once?
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 49
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:So, we're getting another farm and retreat, but no Cyberpunk? :( Cyberpunk and Paranormal were only ones that I was looking forward to out of options given.

Next time can we please get some themes never seen before? Or at least themes that were only here once?

I so agree with the repeated themes not being done again. Hoping the tiny house one is set in Seattle. That's a place Yoworld needs to visit.

:star:
STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601)
YoWorld Level: 267
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 651
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Ashen YFG (127118376) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Kio1ku (185180932) wrote:Agree with majority of what Anthony Spacetime says. & also wondering what Ashen asked above also. Is it top 3? Top 4?? How are these results handled to become a reality. *shrug*

Please let us know? :eh: :?:
Ashen YFG (127118376)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009

Forum Posts: 4617

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:35 pm

What I think is wonderful about this new transparency is seeing what ideas actually resonate with the majority. I know if I had my way, we'd all be decorating 14th century castles and palaces dressed like peasants or nobles and eating rack of lamb.

;)

But, an important part going forward will be players being sure to include their wants and desires in the theme suggestion thread. BVG can't put the idea up if they never heard about it.

:quiet:

Anyhoo, Thanks for this. I'm just a little bit happier now (is that even possible?)

:haha: :hug:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 7870

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm

I doubt we have a chance, apparently very few even know what this even means. :phew: :quiet:
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7300

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:

I doubt we have a chance, apparently very few even know what this even means. :phew: :quiet:

Appologies. What are you referring to?

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:

Very few players know what Cyber Punk/Steam Punk means and it shows in polls that they aren't familiar with either of them.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:

Very few players know what Cyber Punk/Steam Punk means and it shows in polls that they aren't familiar with either of them.

Ah yes. You are very correct. Many players don't even know the difference. Some just hear the word 'punk' and naively assume we are asking for another Steampunk theme.

Postby Jenny yoangel (104759220) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:28 pm

For those of us that you might assume like the 'same ole same ole"....we don't....we want the general theme with fresh items....however, what would a cyberpunk look like? ...I'd be certainly willing to try something if I understood it. I agree that this game takes me places and enlightens me without having to pack a bag or leave my seat which I love...learning is always good and everyone should be pleased and excited to enjoy a theme. Pictures or explanations would be helpful....also, consider, that many players don't even come into the forum or even know how to 'search' in here for content.

Jenny yoangel (104759220)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 69

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Jenny yoangel (104759220) wrote:For those of us that you might assume like the 'same ole same ole"....we don't....we want the general theme with fresh items....however, what would a cyberpunk look like? ...I'd be certainly willing to try something if I understood it. I agree that this game takes me places and enlightens me without having to pack a bag or leave my seat which I love...learning is always good and everyone should be pleased and excited to enjoy a theme. Pictures or explanations would be helpful....also, consider, that many players don't even come into the forum or even know how to 'search' in here for content.

As you can see it's a very detailed concept and as a theme, it would be positively unusual and will successfully break the routine themes pattern especially if done right.
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Jenny yoangel (104759220) wrote:For those of us that you might assume like the 'same ole same ole"....we don't....we want the general theme with fresh items....however, what would a cyberpunk look like? ...I'd be certainly willing to try something if I understood it. I agree that this game takes me places and enlightens me without having to pack a bag or leave my seat which I love...learning is always good and everyone should be pleased and excited to enjoy a theme. Pictures or explanations would be helpful....also, consider, that many players don't even come into the forum or even know how to 'search' in here for content.

I am absolutely glad you asked, and I have no issue taking some time to write things out a bit about it.

Cyberpunk is generally considered the point of origin of most sci-fi 'punk' genres. There isn't anything necessarily 'punk' about them in the conventional sense (save for a few of them). It's where the term "Steampunk" gets its name actually, but that is where the similarities end.

Cyberpunk typically takes place in the not-too-distant future, on planet earth, and typically highlights the low-life part of a high-tech society.

Essentially, envision a tall city with tons of neon lights, bright colors, holograms shining from buildings, etc. If you have a look at the trailers for Ghost in the Shell and Netflix's Altered Carbon, you'd probably have a better idea of what I mean. Here they are:

Ghost in the Shell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRkb1X9ovI4
Altered Carbon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4

Postby Jenny yoangel (104759220) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Thank you Anthony for sharing this information and the links...I'll admit, I had to watch the link on sci-fi jargon to understand the movies. It looks certainly different and a huge stretch of the imagination. I don't want to become stagnant and do like to keep up with trends.....I especially appreciate your speaking respectfully. For you and those that want this, I hope you get it. :)

Jenny yoangel (104759220)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 69

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions