[INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:
"Blowing out someone else's candle won't make yours shine any brighter"
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5795
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

I've just realised that I don't do most themes as such... unless I want to. I just want items I can use for my own projects,, :)
I had to think about my interests - and then I realised that I seldom do conventional deorating. I have no idea when I last did a bathroom. :haha:
I love my wee bucket.... :)
User avatar
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5208
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: On my Wee Bucket

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Lainie (124009750) wrote:I've just realised that I don't do most themes as such... unless I want to. I just want items I can use for my own projects,, :)
I had to think about my interests - and then I realised that I seldom do conventional decorating. I have no idea when I last did a bathroom. :haha:

Edited to say that I have great bowel movements... :devil:
I love my wee bucket.... :)
User avatar
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5208
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: On my Wee Bucket

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Lainie (124009750) wrote:
Lainie (124009750) wrote:I've just realised that I don't do most themes as such... unless I want to. I just want items I can use for my own projects,, :)
I had to think about my interests - and then I realised that I seldom do conventional decorating. I have no idea when I last did a bathroom. :haha:

Edited to say that I have great bowel movements... :devil:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :quiet:
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429
User avatar

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 9890
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Rainbows and Puppies galore.

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:


:thumbsup:
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6855
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:
User avatar

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2766
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:

Apologies Katherine - I honestly wasn't personalising my comment...........I meant generally, however, I was rebutting your point about there being no music :hug:

I have no clue how they're going to interpret Kio's theme and had no vision in mind about it at all, but I voted for it because it's something different and I think the game needs more 'different'..............LOADS more 'different' actually :haha: :love:
"Blowing out someone else's candle won't make yours shine any brighter"
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5795
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby kio1ku (185180932) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

:star: :trophy: :star:
User avatar
kio1ku (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013
 
Forum Posts: 9051
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:15 pm

So, we're getting another farm and retreat, but no Cyberpunk? :( Cyberpunk and Paranormal were only ones that I was looking forward to out of options given.

Next time can we please get some themes never seen before? Or at least themes that were only here once?
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 316
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:So, we're getting another farm and retreat, but no Cyberpunk? :( Cyberpunk and Paranormal were only ones that I was looking forward to out of options given.

Next time can we please get some themes never seen before? Or at least themes that were only here once?



I so agree with the repeated themes not being done again. Hoping the tiny house one is set in Seattle. That's a place Yoworld needs to visit.

:star:
User avatar
STaRsHaPLUSHYOFA (104185601)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 651
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Ashen YFG (127118376) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Kio1ku (185180932) wrote:Agree with majority of what Anthony Spacetime says. & also wondering what Ashen asked above also. Is it top 3? Top 4?? How are these results handled to become a reality. *shrug*


Please let us know? :eh: :?:
Image
User avatar
Ashen YFG (127118376)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4647
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:35 pm

What I think is wonderful about this new transparency is seeing what ideas actually resonate with the majority. I know if I had my way, we'd all be decorating 14th century castles and palaces dressed like peasants or nobles and eating rack of lamb.

;)

But, an important part going forward will be players being sure to include their wants and desires in the theme suggestion thread. BVG can't put the idea up if they never heard about it.

:quiet:

Anyhoo, Thanks for this. I'm just a little bit happier now (is that even possible?)

:haha: :hug:
Image
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 8475
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Sunny California

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:


I doubt we have a chance, apparently very few even know what this even means. :phew: :quiet:
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 7784
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:


I doubt we have a chance, apparently very few even know what this even means. :phew: :quiet:


Appologies. What are you referring to?
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6855
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:


I doubt we have a chance, apparently very few even know what this even means. :phew: :quiet:


Appologies. What are you referring to?


Very few players know what Cyber Punk/Steam Punk means and it shows in polls that they aren't familiar with either of them.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 7784
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:16 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:And I'm done suggesting a music theme. Obviously this game is filled with a lot of players who don't enjoy music. :haha:

Oh wait, that doesn't make me laugh. :sad:

I love music! However, I just don't see very much that can be done in this game with a "music" theme, if that makes sense! This is all visual, where's the noize?! :( Really, what kinda songs could they really get? :?: Same for a dance/rave theme! Why? We wouldn't get the noize that goes with it! ;)

I'd rather see a music theme than Morocco Part III and I don't know if you've forgotten but the game does have a Nightclub theme.

That's also a venue that relies heavily on music but that doesn't stop us Yos buying that stuff and using it widely.

We've even got dancing NPCs in-game, as well as flashing dancefloors and tiles etc.

This game will never be all it can be if we keep voting for the same 'safe' themes all the time because our individual imaginations cannot envisage certain concepts :sad:

Hey! I wanted cyberpunk! And have you seen the dystopian future/apocalypse pictures I have posted in the suggestion thread?! ;) :hug:


I doubt we have a chance, apparently very few even know what this even means. :phew: :quiet:


Appologies. What are you referring to?


Very few players know what Cyber Punk/Steam Punk means and it shows in polls that they aren't familiar with either of them.


Ah yes. You are very correct. Many players don't even know the difference. Some just hear the word 'punk' and naively assume we are asking for another Steampunk theme.
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6855
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Jenny yoangel (104759220) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:28 pm

For those of us that you might assume like the 'same ole same ole"....we don't....we want the general theme with fresh items....however, what would a cyberpunk look like? ...I'd be certainly willing to try something if I understood it. I agree that this game takes me places and enlightens me without having to pack a bag or leave my seat which I love...learning is always good and everyone should be pleased and excited to enjoy a theme. Pictures or explanations would be helpful....also, consider, that many players don't even come into the forum or even know how to 'search' in here for content.
User avatar

Jenny yoangel (104759220)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 83
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Jenny yoangel (104759220) wrote:For those of us that you might assume like the 'same ole same ole"....we don't....we want the general theme with fresh items....however, what would a cyberpunk look like? ...I'd be certainly willing to try something if I understood it. I agree that this game takes me places and enlightens me without having to pack a bag or leave my seat which I love...learning is always good and everyone should be pleased and excited to enjoy a theme. Pictures or explanations would be helpful....also, consider, that many players don't even come into the forum or even know how to 'search' in here for content.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

As you can see it's a very detailed concept and as a theme, it would be positively unusual and will successfully break the routine themes pattern especially if done right.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 7784
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:17 pm

Jenny yoangel (104759220) wrote:For those of us that you might assume like the 'same ole same ole"....we don't....we want the general theme with fresh items....however, what would a cyberpunk look like? ...I'd be certainly willing to try something if I understood it. I agree that this game takes me places and enlightens me without having to pack a bag or leave my seat which I love...learning is always good and everyone should be pleased and excited to enjoy a theme. Pictures or explanations would be helpful....also, consider, that many players don't even come into the forum or even know how to 'search' in here for content.


I am absolutely glad you asked, and I have no issue taking some time to write things out a bit about it.

Cyberpunk is generally considered the point of origin of most sci-fi 'punk' genres. There isn't anything necessarily 'punk' about them in the conventional sense (save for a few of them). It's where the term "Steampunk" gets its name actually, but that is where the similarities end.

Cyberpunk typically takes place in the not-too-distant future, on planet earth, and typically highlights the low-life part of a high-tech society.
Image

Essentially, envision a tall city with tons of neon lights, bright colors, holograms shining from buildings, etc. If you have a look at the trailers for Ghost in the Shell and Netflix's Altered Carbon, you'd probably have a better idea of what I mean. Here they are:

Ghost in the Shell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRkb1X9ovI4
Altered Carbon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4

Image
User avatar
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6855
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Depressed.

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Jenny yoangel (104759220) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Thank you Anthony for sharing this information and the links...I'll admit, I had to watch the link on sci-fi jargon to understand the movies. It looks certainly different and a huge stretch of the imagination. I don't want to become stagnant and do like to keep up with trends.....I especially appreciate your speaking respectfully. For you and those that want this, I hope you get it. :)
User avatar

Jenny yoangel (104759220)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 83
Forum Title: YoNovice

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions