[INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [INFO] By the Numbers: Upcoming Themes Survey Outcome!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Jenny yoangel (104759220) wrote:Thank you Anthony for sharing this information and the links...I'll admit, I had to watch the link on sci-fi jargon to understand the movies. It looks certainly different and a huge stretch of the imagination. I don't want to become stagnant and do like to keep up with trends.....I especially appreciate your speaking respectfully. For you and those that want this, I hope you get it. :)

Thank you for asking and listening. Even if it's not your cup of tea I really appreciate the genuine curiosity. :hug:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6394
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby LotusBlossom PLUSH (104950217) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Bitterly disappointed in the lack of interest in cyberpunk. Feel like we're doomed to generic theme after generic theme , oh well, Ill keep saving money and find other interests.. :sad: :yawn:

LotusBlossom PLUSH (104950217)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4858
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Kio (185180932) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:39 pm

LotusBlossom PLUSH (104950217) wrote:Bitterly disappointed in the lack of interest in cyberpunk. Feel like we're doomed to generic theme after generic theme , oh well, Ill keep saving money and find other interests.. :sad: :yawn:

Well said, and you are so not alone. I know it's been days...& I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, given that i appreciate the whole thing & i'm very happy my paranormal theme might have got it's foot in the door, or might not have. Idek. But it sucks the voting has failed us so many times now, not just for cyberpunk that myself & other's have pitched many times, but in general. I'm starting to see why each day more & more people are saying to STOP with the voting & just have them deliver on good & new ideas that are asked & begged for at face value. It's exhausting watching good & new themes drown out when a poll features plain-jane themes that echo past themes or are a deliberate retread. Ugh....so darn disappointing. But i guess it is reason enough to save money so i mean, we can beg all we want to spend our money...doesn't mean we'll get a reason to. It is what it is. I'm happy & reassured seeing that CP still has so much support, at least i'm not alone in my disappointment. Maybe another year. :) :dizzy:

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 243
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 8746
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Maggie (109217188) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:21 am

I just want the whole Month of Dec to be Christmas ...
Lots trees ..
Lights..
Beautiful houses..
I really want old fashion Christmas this year..
I just lost my Mum so..
I really want to dig into Christmas and keep my mind busy..
Having a great Yo Christmas..
Its the time I spend the most ..
Lets do Christmas right this year...
:heart: :hug: :heart:

Maggie (109217188)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 5232
Location: In my own little World..But its ok everyone knows me here ..Peace!

Postby Ivana Tinkle (118023266) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 am

Maggie (109217188) wrote:I just want the whole Month of Dec to be Christmas ...
Lots trees ..
Lights..
Beautiful houses..
I really want old fashion Christmas this year..
I just lost my Mum so..
I really want to dig into Christmas and keep my mind busy..
Having a great Yo Christmas..
Its the time I spend the most ..
Lets do Christmas right this year...
:heart: :hug: :heart:

:heart:

Ivana Tinkle (118023266)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 3183
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Lynn (107628455) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Cannot believe another farm,

Lynn (107628455)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 3058
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Lynn (107628455) wrote:Cannot believe another farm,

:thumbsup: o_o

Kio (185180932)

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Maybe it will be a futuristic farm with intelligent robotic sheep and flying pigs.
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7300

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:02 pm

LotusBlossom PLUSH (104950217) wrote:Bitterly disappointed in the lack of interest in cyberpunk. Feel like we're doomed to generic theme after generic theme , oh well, Ill keep saving money and find other interests.. :sad: :yawn:

:wailing: I would buy so much if they did even a passable Cyberpunk theme! :drool: I bet folks would come back at least for that theme! :( They might stay if BVG did any other different themes too...

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2284
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Jenny yoangel (104759220) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 pm

I have a question that needs expert answering. I don't have a clue what it takes to produce an item or a game....so, it's irritating when we begin a new theme to have one single item released for 3 consecutive days and why? If they are already into April or May then the items have been made so why not release the whole theme at once? Maybe not the entire theme but huge portions of it ? This dribble effect is getting so boring and serves as an irritant for me and others. Any information would be appreciated. Have an excellent day...
Oh wait....is this the wrong page for my question?
One more thing.....I seriously hope they do the cyberpunk so you that love it will be happy....wouldn't bother me at all. You all sit out for what you call "repeats" "rehash" "same ole stuff", another farm" etc, so we can sit out too. I definitely know one thing for certain...I would never stay in a game that never EVER pleased me so ..way to go on your tolerance level....I'm impressed :D

Jenny yoangel (104759220)
YoWorld Level: 345
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 69
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Kio (185180932) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:04 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:

:wailing: I would buy so much if they did even a passable Cyberpunk theme! :drool: I bet folks would come back at least for that theme! :( They might stay if BVG did any other different themes too...

Same. It would've been one of the only reasons for me and a bunch of people i know to consider having a need to shop or participate. What they don't understand is there is an audience here for themes like that. If those people never get themes or items year after year but instead unlimited farm themes or other "normal" & plain themes then there is people who never have any reason to shop here sadly.

Kio (185180932)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:

Same. It would've been one of the only reasons for me and a bunch of people i know to consider having a need to shop or participate. What they don't understand is there is an audience here for themes like that. If those people never get themes or items year after year but instead unlimited farm themes or other "normal" & plain themes then there is people who never have any reason to shop here sadly.

I can attest to this, as it has been nearly two years since I've participated in any themes at their time of release. None of it really interests me. I am no longer sure how they can assess the success rate of a theme in stores when they're constantly asking us to participate in these themes if we want to win any special items on their monthly event. I am willing to surmise that a large percentage (but maybe not over half) of the items purchased from a theme, were not bought out of earnest interest, but for the sake of earning more gems for participating in these dress-up and decor contests. That's the only extent to which I have been partaking in any recent themes. One room, one outfit, whenever a gem contest warrants it. Only cause I want free items. BVG's deal seems to be though; "Oh, you don't like our current theme? Well, that's too bad cause if you want free items you're going to have to participate in it."

To this, some other forum users would say; "I don't mind, it's free items, so beggars can't be choosers." If that's how you feel, then fine. But if this game is going to be my escape, I want to have fun gaining free items. Not feeling like it's a chore.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6394

Postby daisy di (119576115) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:27 am

I just really, really wish that we didn't have to always have a THEME, and instead we could just get various items that aren't centered around a particular theme. I am tired of all the themes and just want a non-theme. I am also shocked that people voted for another farm theme. Icelandic sounds somewhat fun,but not if it is like previous "ice" themes where the furniture and walls are made of ice. I do like this current Christmas theme and it is the first full theme I have participated in since 50 Shades.

daisy di (119576115)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 2150
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby MzTina (160778226) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 am

Thanks for the statistics i always wondered how they turned out

MzTina (160778226)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: May 29, 2010

Forum Posts: 23
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby MeLinda PinK (119641698) » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:
Lynn (107628455) wrote:Cannot believe another farm,

:thumbsup: o_o

I believe the survey was not a theme of a modern "farm" like with animals and crops. It was a modern farmhouse theme like many of the shows on HGTV more of a "Fixer Upper" style of farmhouse. If you search for home plans one of the designs is farmhouse.
MeLinda PinK (119641698)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 75
Forum Title: YoNovice

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions