In Spite....

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: In Spite....

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:36 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Not sure if anyone else does this but at slow times, I go back to the earliest threads I can find and reread them just for the heck of it and Rod I came across this doozy! :haha:

I just had to post a link here as its in keeping with your current topic but more importantly - it has had me lol for real.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6110.

If you don't see what made me lol lmk - and I will give you a clue. ;)

great yin and yang, rod. enjoy your weekend more than i will mine. i have a grandaughter running a 5 k tomorrow in 20 degrees and i must be in the cheering section.

thank you jojo for the link to rod's old (or should i say old rod's ?) post. i was taking a break from the forum at that time and i loved reading it. thanks for writing it rod

;)

If you're arguing with a woman and she says "wow", you might want to run......
I'm street smart. Sesame Street smart.
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27944
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 pm

Hannah BeckhamYoMD (155773682) wrote:Well said, Rod. I don't always agree with some things you write, but this time you really hit the nail on the head! I, unfortunately, hit a forum party earlier and there was lots of "doom and gloom" and it made me queasy. So much negativity. I try to see the positive side of things but lately with all the "doom and gloom", it's not been easy. Thanks for shedding some light on this down in the dumps Yo. :heart:

YW Miss Hannah. The negativity is real and felt by many awesome people. I wish it wasn't real, but they have serious concerns with how they are spending their entertainment dollars and BVG has been letting them down. But just as real as how they feel are the feelings of so many less vocal Yos. They love and live this game and enjoy it for exactly what it is for them. And they deserved a light on how they feel as well.

I play with many diverse groups in here and the forum group is by far the most negative. So don't allow us nit pickers to get you down. If Yo is a blast, you enjoy it! I still find plenty to make me smile in here.

If you're arguing with a woman and she says "wow", you might want to run......
I'm street smart. Sesame Street smart.
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27944
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:59 pm

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Not sure if anyone else does this but at slow times, I go back to the earliest threads I can find and reread them just for the heck of it and Rod I came across this doozy! :haha:

I just had to post a link here as its in keeping with your current topic but more importantly - it has had me lol for real.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6110.

If you don't see what made me lol lmk - and I will give you a clue. ;)

great yin and yang, rod. enjoy your weekend more than i will mine. i have a grandaughter running a 5 k tomorrow in 20 degrees and i must be in the cheering section.

thank you jojo for the link to rod's old (or should i say old rod's ?) post. i was taking a break from the forum at that time and i loved reading it. thanks for writing it rod

Aww no worries Diana.. that thread made me lol so much today it put the reason why I love this game back in focus.

I hope your granddaughter does well in the 5K.... just wondering if by 20degrees you mean that's going to be cold, cos that's warm by UK standards. :haha:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 10080
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 pm

that's 20 degrees cold, cold. it's usa standard. i'll have to take a thermos of coffee with me. jojo
there is good in the worst of us and evil in the best of us-mlk

url=https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-111036364]Image[/url]

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 359
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 9543
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Stacey (186047797) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:56 pm

I have met some great people on Yo but I also have met some not so great people too. Same with these Forums... I have met some great people in here and some not so great people. But the thing I love the most about Yo is decorating my many many homes and trying to see if I can do better than I did the last time... I also love to look at my friends homes and see what they came up with and sometimes I take their ideas and try to tweek them and make them my own... For example: MsPhantom had this really beautiful room that she created that I found to be the most amazing room on YoWorld and it took me awhile to figure out how she made her own little home but I figured it out and I created a room kind of like hers but not like hers at the same time... I put my own little spin on things and I gave her credit where credit was due because I got my ideas from her. I love gifting people too but Iin the Forums I find those Wishlist things and Gifting Games to be well... I want to say rigged but I don't think that's the word for it... there are Cliques... Certain people ONLY gift certain people and nobody else... and you can clearly see who they are by what they post LOL... I tried to do my own Gifting Game but it didn't go over well... so now I gift in secret... and I only gift those who I think are deserving and whom I consider friends... I've also gifted some Noobs to the game to help them along the way but I am very careful about this because there are some people pretending to be Noobs that go around begging for gifts LOL. I am planning on hosting my own event sometimes soon that all are welcomed to come to but I have yet to determine when I'll do this. But there are Pros and Cons with YoWorld and there are many things that I think the Devs could tweek and make better LOL. I love this game though so I don't see myself giving it up again and FYI come visit my home :)

Stacey (186047797)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 430
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Lori (131347843) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:35 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Hannah BeckhamYoMD (155773682) wrote:Well said, Rod. I don't always agree with some things you write, but this time you really hit the nail on the head! I, unfortunately, hit a forum party earlier and there was lots of "doom and gloom" and it made me queasy. So much negativity. I try to see the positive side of things but lately with all the "doom and gloom", it's not been easy. Thanks for shedding some light on this down in the dumps Yo. :heart:

YW Miss Hannah. The negativity is real and felt by many awesome people. I wish it wasn't real, but they have serious concerns with how they are spending their entertainment dollars and BVG has been letting them down. But just as real as how they feel are the feelings of so many less vocal Yos. They love and live this game and enjoy it for exactly what it is for them. And they deserved a light on how they feel as well.

I play with many diverse groups in here and the forum group is by far the most negative. So don't allow us nit pickers to get you down. If Yo is a blast, you enjoy it! I still find plenty to make me smile in here.

This is an interesting post, Hannah. I was at the party you dropped into and noticed absolutely no gloom and doom talk going on at all. I got there before you and there was one person (no one I have ever seen on the forum) who started trying to rile people up with derogatory comments about ethnic groups and someone else there took the bait and was getting mad, but the troll got kicked out and that was it.

Maybe you came in when that was going on to get this kind of view. I was involved in a different conversation with some other people at that time and missed most of what was said. I don't take the bait if someone wants to troll or gossip. I talked to lots of people there, for quite a long time and we chatted about the weather, work, food, where we live, holidays coming up and many other things, all interesting and positive.

I would really hate for anyone to read your post and think it was a negative, gloom and doom party because it certainly was not and the people I was talking to there are all wonderful, kind, smart, funny, caring people.
"We are made for goodness. We are made for love. We are made for all of the beautiful things that you and I know. We are made to tell the world that there are no outsiders. All are welcome."
~ Desmond Tutu

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 2689
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:57 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:when it comes to themes, i think they should scrap the idea of suggestions and voting polls. ever since these came in, people seem more disheartened, maybe due to expectations? these guys and girls at bvg are all quite young, they should have fresh and fun ideas. would be interesting to see how we would go for a year, with content, if us players would just shut up

I have wished they would just scrap them too. When people have input, they become proprietary(if that is the right word, I am only one cup of coffee in today!) towards the output. It becomes so much more personal. Plus, we cant agree on what season it is, let alone what we want in a theme. When BVG tries to please us all, they please none of us. We have seen a bit of the personality of some of the designers through brief posts here, I am sure they could come up with some really creative themes if they didnt have to try and fit it around surveys. Maybe they could have 4 player choice themes throughout the year that we vote on and the rest of the time just do their own thing. After all, they have all the sales data at their fingertips and know what sells and what doesnt.
On a personal note, I seem to never want what the majority does any way, so a surprise theme here and there may be a winner for me!!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 9589

Postby Ricky BamBam (4492518) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Ricky BamBam (4492518) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:when it comes to themes, i think they should scrap the idea of suggestions and voting polls. ever since these came in, people seem more disheartened, maybe due to expectations? these guys and girls at bvg are all quite young, they should have fresh and fun ideas. would be interesting to see how we would go for a year, with content, if us players would just shut up

200% for this. It really doesn't matter one bit what we think and polls lead to expectations. They should take ideas from wherever they can find them and do themes based on whatever it is they think they can make money off of. If players want to throw ideas at them in here that is fine, but they should just do what it is they think we want and be done with it.

The funny thing is they get about half of what they do feedback related correct. But the other half ends up doing more damage than good for many players. They get their hopes up and then they get them dashed. It is human nature to embrace the hype, but man it gets disappointing sometimes.

yup agreed :bye:

I've been saying this from the beginning. I just gave up repeating it about 3 years ago. But yes, they should have asked less and listened less and have come with more own ideas. Not specifically exuberant stuff, just different and also... less based on what already has been done (that influence is still too much looming, and now they even 'upgrade' - heavy cough- themselves). The situation now is more like you get a gem here and a nugget there (really marvelous stuff) but in order to get to those you have to endure a couple of wrecking balls, walk a few lanes of hot coals, get annoyed by midgets the whole way and then you still have lost quite the heap of coins and/or cash. It's seems to be more endurance and annoyance and sitting trough a ton of repeats while basically the fun of the game itself (just decorating and dressing up) seems to get lost in there. And in the meanwhile there's also a constant feeling op missing out that is being generated deliberately. When I take a step back and look at it I sometimes ask myself if it really still is fun? And then i see my buddies, and some funny item that i basically never have gotten to enjoy in the hasty pace of releases. And then i have to admit: the fun of the whole game is slowly leaking out. Some things are really cool, but... yes there's always an enormous gigantic but that follows and often starts to outweigh the positives. I also have given up on giving feedback much. Simply because if i want to do it right, i'd simply be having to write books every single time. It simply is too tiring and there are so little or incrementally slow advances, while it on the negative side of the equation it seems to be far easier to rake it in . Those wrecking balls seem to pop up far faster then the nuggets ever do appear. Sadly.

I've often looked at the feedback process like a game of telephone. I write down what I think I mean, but I'm only honestly communicating about 2/3rds of the picture in my head. Jess picks it up and boils it down for the notes on feedback, at which time it loses about 50% of what I actually meant. Then the team picks it up and flops it around and their interpretations lose another 50% of what I meant. Then the actual artist and developer get to work and it loses even more granularity. By the time we get it back in here it's 10% of the original idea. LOL

I've no idea how to get the game on track any more. I see what BVG delivers and start reading the criticisms. I see opinions all over the place. Some love, some hate, and a lot of meh. But I still see people buying it up. Lots of people. So IDK. While a lot of us have to be "awed" to spend, many more are ok with just having fun with whatever they get. I'm starting to think they have the right idea. Maybe that is rewarding BVG for mediocrity? But I think it is more that these players are entertained and happy with what they get and thus they are still willing to spend.

I can guarantee you if BVG brings a "Traditional Christmas" to Yo next month, 90% of the people who play will forget Disco Drac and Barney's Fall ever happened. It is the way of Yo - wrong or right.

Well in the end it mostly boiling down to this: 'So much data, but so little wisdom (or vision).'

Let's talk about addiction maybe, or habit if that suits you better. Because in the end that's why mediocrity is being rewarded. But the thing is that it is far worse than mediocrity because in here mediocrity even is the highlight. So often it's the best case scenario, and from there on it goes down. It's not the right idea but yeah there is a contingent that will buy anything that is being served. Sometimes simply out of boredom/habit/addiction. It's not really the right strategy, but it's one that works. BVG doubled down on it, evne though a lot of the most interesting players have left, gave up or simply were chased off. The logic is simple: there is a mass that only buys stuff that is recogniseable to them: serve them in any way shape or form, even when its bad quality and you lower it gradually and you're golden for a whole while. There will be people who speak up, but you can afford to ignore them because you have a solid base that is addicted enough and easily manipulated as well as easily satisfied to get away with this for a while. You want to tell me that you want to defend that attitude, Rod? Well you can try, i just don't want to be sprinkled sand in my eyes, mister sandman. The releases are being watered down on a regular basis, and tbh, for me it doesn't have to be awe all the time, but the lack of trying for awe is visible. And no, accepting these lower standards for higher prices is really not something i would want to be caught defending. Because that is exactly how you come to 3 failed Halloweens in a row and such stuff. To be honest my biggest wish for Christmas is that it's a fail too. Because maybe then some players actually will wake up, and finally the company maybe too. And if it means that it will be too late, oh well then that's it too. It won't come as a surprise. And i won't be caught hoping for much improvement either.

Ricky BamBam (4492518)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2008

Forum Posts: 1795
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Riff (185643699) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:36 am

nairdA (6479932) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:if us players would just shut up

Not you Riff, but one comes to mind :smug:

My mouse is going to wear out from scrolling past their daily nonsense posts ....

:haha: i got a couple of those too. glad yours isnt me :silly:

wise words as always ricky and snorty. i would love some surprise themes too because more often than not i sit in the minority with u snorty
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 384
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 10885

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

200% for this. It really doesn't matter one bit what we think and polls lead to expectations. They should take ideas from wherever they can find them and do themes based on whatever it is they think they can make money off of. If players want to throw ideas at them in here that is fine, but they should just do what it is they think we want and be done with it.

The funny thing is they get about half of what they do feedback related correct. But the other half ends up doing more damage than good for many players. They get their hopes up and then they get them dashed. It is human nature to embrace the hype, but man it gets disappointing sometimes.

I've been saying this from the beginning. I just gave up repeating it about 3 years ago. But yes, they should have asked less and listened less and have come with more own ideas. Not specifically exuberant stuff, just different and also... less based on what already has been done (that influence is still too much looming, and now they even 'upgrade' - heavy cough- themselves). The situation now is more like you get a gem here and a nugget there (really marvelous stuff) but in order to get to those you have to endure a couple of wrecking balls, walk a few lanes of hot coals, get annoyed by midgets the whole way and then you still have lost quite the heap of coins and/or cash. It's seems to be more endurance and annoyance and sitting trough a ton of repeats while basically the fun of the game itself (just decorating and dressing up) seems to get lost in there. And in the meanwhile there's also a constant feeling op missing out that is being generated deliberately. When I take a step back and look at it I sometimes ask myself if it really still is fun? And then i see my buddies, and some funny item that i basically never have gotten to enjoy in the hasty pace of releases. And then i have to admit: the fun of the whole game is slowly leaking out. Some things are really cool, but... yes there's always an enormous gigantic but that follows and often starts to outweigh the positives. I also have given up on giving feedback much. Simply because if i want to do it right, i'd simply be having to write books every single time. It simply is too tiring and there are so little or incrementally slow advances, while it on the negative side of the equation it seems to be far easier to rake it in . Those wrecking balls seem to pop up far faster then the nuggets ever do appear. Sadly.

I've often looked at the feedback process like a game of telephone. I write down what I think I mean, but I'm only honestly communicating about 2/3rds of the picture in my head. Jess picks it up and boils it down for the notes on feedback, at which time it loses about 50% of what I actually meant. Then the team picks it up and flops it around and their interpretations lose another 50% of what I meant. Then the actual artist and developer get to work and it loses even more granularity. By the time we get it back in here it's 10% of the original idea. LOL

I've no idea how to get the game on track any more. I see what BVG delivers and start reading the criticisms. I see opinions all over the place. Some love, some hate, and a lot of meh. But I still see people buying it up. Lots of people. So IDK. While a lot of us have to be "awed" to spend, many more are ok with just having fun with whatever they get. I'm starting to think they have the right idea. Maybe that is rewarding BVG for mediocrity? But I think it is more that these players are entertained and happy with what they get and thus they are still willing to spend.

I can guarantee you if BVG brings a "Traditional Christmas" to Yo next month, 90% of the people who play will forget Disco Drac and Barney's Fall ever happened. It is the way of Yo - wrong or right.

Well in the end it mostly boiling down to this: 'So much data, but so little wisdom (or vision).'

Let's talk about addiction maybe, or habit if that suits you better. Because in the end that's why mediocrity is being rewarded. But the thing is that it is far worse than mediocrity because in here mediocrity even is the highlight. So often it's the best case scenario, and from there on it goes down. It's not the right idea but yeah there is a contingent that will buy anything that is being served. Sometimes simply out of boredom/habit/addiction. It's not really the right strategy, but it's one that works. BVG doubled down on it, evne though a lot of the most interesting players have left, gave up or simply were chased off. The logic is simple: there is a mass that only buys stuff that is recogniseable to them: serve them in any way shape or form, even when its bad quality and you lower it gradually and you're golden for a whole while. There will be people who speak up, but you can afford to ignore them because you have a solid base that is addicted enough and easily manipulated as well as easily satisfied to get away with this for a while. You want to tell me that you want to defend that attitude, Rod? Well you can try, i just don't want to be sprinkled sand in my eyes, mister sandman. The releases are being watered down on a regular basis, and tbh, for me it doesn't have to be awe all the time, but the lack of trying for awe is visible. And no, accepting these lower standards for higher prices is really not something i would want to be caught defending. Because that is exactly how you come to 3 failed Halloweens in a row and such stuff. To be honest my biggest wish for Christmas is that it's a fail too. Because maybe then some players actually will wake up, and finally the company maybe too. And if it means that it will be too late, oh well then that's it too. It won't come as a surprise. And i won't be caught hoping for much improvement either.

So much sense here Ricky. Such a searingly honest appraisal of what's actually going on around here in two of the best posts I've ever read on this forum :hug: :love: :heart:

:star: :trophy: :star:
Image Image

:star: 100% goad-free siggy :star:

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 5601
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:44 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:

I have wished they would just scrap them too. When people have input, they become proprietary(if that is the right word, I am only one cup of coffee in today!) towards the output. It becomes so much more personal. Plus, we cant agree on what season it is, let alone what we want in a theme. When BVG tries to please us all, they please none of us. We have seen a bit of the personality of some of the designers through brief posts here, I am sure they could come up with some really creative themes if they didnt have to try and fit it around surveys. Maybe they could have 4 player choice themes throughout the year that we vote on and the rest of the time just do their own thing. After all, they have all the sales data at their fingertips and know what sells and what doesnt.
On a personal note, I seem to never want what the majority does any way, so a surprise theme here and there may be a winner for me!!

I agree with both of you, I think a lot of the disappointment the Vikings experience from players is because the themes being put out have primarily came from what the players have voted on and thus raises a level of expectation of what the players want to see. Expectation = disappointment in most cases.

However, I remind myself that our previous owners, never gave us (the players) any kind of theme input and after 6 years, the game was deemed not profitable enough, for them to keep it going. So clearly that level of 'no-player involvement' didn't work out so well for them. So I can understand BVG's desire not to make the same mistakes that their predecessors did.

A good compromise would be like you have suggested (bolded). Maybe if we gave the Viking artists leeway to surprise us... wow us.. with some of their own ideas we might be a lot more content than we are currently.
Who knows :?:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:04 am

DianaBanana (111036364) wrote:that's 20 degrees cold, cold. it's usa standard. i'll have to take a thermos of coffee with me. jojo

Haha... I just saw your reply Diana - hope you wrap up warm as well... wait...... you guys call it bundle up. :cold: :thumbsup: :hug:

ijOjO uK (109723058)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:28 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

This is an interesting post, Hannah. I was at the party you dropped into and noticed absolutely no gloom and doom talk going on at all. I got there before you and there was one person (no one I have ever seen on the forum) who started trying to rile people up with derogatory comments about ethnic groups and someone else there took the bait and was getting mad, but the troll got kicked out and that was it.

Maybe you came in when that was going on to get this kind of view. I was involved in a different conversation with some other people at that time and missed most of what was said. I don't take the bait if someone wants to troll or gossip. I talked to lots of people there, for quite a long time and we chatted about the weather, work, food, where we live, holidays coming up and many other things, all interesting and positive.

I would really hate for anyone to read your post and think it was a negative, gloom and doom party because it certainly was not and the people I was talking to there are all wonderful, kind, smart, funny, caring people.

Lori, you are sweet to try to defend the tone of my party, but really not even necessary. :hug: Although I don't keep track of when people pop in to the party, she may have also visited when we were discussing the new theme. Half of the people there wanted a house and the weirdos like me, were really happy with a barn and outdoor rooms. :haha: Perhaps,the half who didn't like it made her "queasy" There was also brief talk about the html 5 thing. The fact is, as we quickly approach 2020, players are scared for the future of the game they love.
If in the very few minutes she was there, without participating in any conversation, gave her the impression of "doom and gloom," well then that is her perspective, which I respect.

I do not try to control what people want to talk about at my party. People bring up all kinds of things to discuss, including things that happen on this forum. As long as someone is not there trolling, I don't censor people and what they choose to discuss. We have had many laughs and fun and most have enjoyed themselves, so the parties will go on until no one wants to hang out anymore. :)

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10688

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Lori (131347843) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Lori, you are sweet to try to defend the tone of my party, but really not even necessary. :hug: Although I don't keep track of when people pop in to the party, she may have also visited when we were discussing the new theme. Half of the people there wanted a house and the weirdos like me, were really happy with a barn and outdoor rooms. :haha: Perhaps,the half who didn't like it made her "queasy" There was also brief talk about the html 5 thing. The fact is, as we quickly approach 2020, players are scared for the future of the game they love.
If in the very few minutes she was there, without participating in any conversation, gave her the impression of "doom and gloom," well then that is her perspective, which I respect.

I do not try to control what people want to talk about at my party. People bring up all kinds of things to discuss, including things that happen on this forum. As long as someone is not there trolling, I don't censor people and what they choose to discuss. We have had many laughs and fun and most have enjoyed themselves, so the parties will go on until no one wants to hang out anymore. :)

Well, that's funny. I was under the impression Dr Beckham was talking about the party she and I attended. That one was the basis for my poorly received thread the other day. The entire event was dedicated to negativity. And I do recall she was as disturbed as I was. But, all speculation on my part. Only the good doctor can say for sure...

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 7870

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Lori (131347843) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Well, that's funny. I was under the impression Dr Beckham was talking about the party she and I attended. That one was the basis for my poorly received thread the other day. The entire event was dedicated to negativity. And I do recall she was as disturbed as I was. But, all speculation on my part. Only the good doctor can say for sure...

Of course that is possible. I suppose I didn't attend the same party the two of you attended then. :) Although again, if I had, it is also possible that my perspective would have been different as well. What some consider "doom and gloom," others consider concern and worry. In any case, the best option is to only worry about how I personally feel about the game and not allow others to influence my feelings or choices.

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10688

Postby Ziva (176116962) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:55 pm

:love: :love: :love:
Looks like We've gone down the rabbit hole!

Ziva (176116962)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2011

Forum Posts: 2202
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Lori (131347843) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Of course that is possible. I suppose I didn't attend the same party the two of you attended then. :) Although again, if I had, it is also possible that my perspective would have been different as well. What some consider "doom and gloom," others consider concern and worry. In any case, the best option is to only worry about how I personally feel about the game and not allow others to influence my feelings or choices.

Good advice AG. And after my 3 day retreat to examine my innermost feelings and regain touch with my yo spirit guide, I am prepared to go forward to the last day. We'll each have to choose the path that gets us there...

:) :hug:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 7870

Postby TL Kira (187264144) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:20 pm

"I came here looking to drop a few brain cells and I walked out with an existential crisis after page 2."
- N. R.
:silly:
Pineapple pizzas and Java are crimes against humanity.
My rooms | WTB | Trash container
TL Kira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5157
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:46 am

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
Snorty (3054329) wrote:

I agree with both of you, I think a lot of the disappointment the Vikings experience from players is because the themes being put out have primarily came from what the players have voted on and thus raises a level of expectation of what the players want to see. Expectation = disappointment in most cases.

However, I remind myself that our previous owners, never gave us (the players) any kind of theme input and after 6 years, the game was deemed not profitable enough, for them to keep it going. So clearly that level of 'no-player involvement' didn't work out so well for them. So I can understand BVG's desire not to make the same mistakes that their predecessors did.

A good compromise would be like you have suggested (bolded). Maybe if we gave the Viking artists leeway to surprise us... wow us.. with some of their own ideas we might be a lot more content than we are currently.
Who knows :?:

At least the previous owners gave us what we actually could enjoy, you can't tell me that the quality we get now on items are better than the ones the previous owners got. Back then we didn't get repeats of items with each theme, each theme we got was unique, different items and actually went with the name of the theme. There were no sizing issues, layering problems and colors that didn't go with the theme. No recoloring, color boarders on everything. I understand people are still upset that they left the game hanging but it's been years time to get over it and look it the reality that's going on here.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

Arrogance is just insecurities playing dress up

xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 2383

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:47 am

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Riff (185643699) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

So much sense here Ricky. Such a searingly honest appraisal of what's actually going on around here in two of the best posts I've ever read on this forum :hug: :love: :heart:

:star: :trophy: :star:

I'm with you Miss T, very well said Ricky nothing else more to say after that :trophy:

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

Arrogance is just insecurities playing dress up

xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 2383

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions