BVG - Can you please make this item trade-able?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: BVG - Can you please make this item trade-able?

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:It was discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172071 (Jess commented)

and here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28478 (Gary Stevenson commented)

And this article:

http://yovilleworldblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/accidental-releases-on-yoville.html which says:

Appearance Items for Free on yoville.com was fixed! :(

If you did not catch them, there were accidental releases on yoville.com.
You could buy hair, eyebrows, facial hair, and more!
Any gender could buy the hair!
They have fixed this glitch now, and all the hair and eyebrows were taking from accounts except for dreadlocks.

If you bought your hair, or any other item from an event,
i suggest contacting support!

If you wan't to contact support, Click Here!

Edit: Even the blue eyebrows are gone!

I still have my eyebrows :heart:
This thing called love, I just can't handle it
This thing called love, I must get round to it
I ain't ready
Crazy little thing called love
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 12288
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:

and here

And this article:

http://yovilleworldblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/accidental-releases-on-yoville.html which says:

They have fixed this glitch now, and all the hair and eyebrows were taking from accounts except for dreadlocks.

Me too! I also managed to keep the male fu-manchu moustash which I wore with pride at the time because us girls didnt have it in our invo couldnt buy and it was (and still is untradeable!) - nice huh lol

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 5482
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Jester (187649661) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Some background to the blue eyebrows for David and anyone else who might be interested:-

These eyebrows were a glitched release in that they were the only colour which players were only able to purchase on yoville.com site for a short period. A lot of players bought them from that page and were able to trade them. However Zynga decided in 2010 to make them untrade-able as opposed to removing them from the vast number of players who had bought them. Zynga never went on to release into the game the full spectrum of coloured eyebrows which they had created into the game.

So they punished players by making them un-trade-able despite the fact that the eyebrows literally flooded into the game? o_o

At the time it was the fairest thing they could do, as so many players had them and they were not an in game release. It solved the problem of those players making a fortune in coins by trading an item that wasn't properly released. I didn't see it as a punishment.

That's a bummer, times are different now - I hope the Vikings can change their status. To be frank, if the eyebrows were available on the YoVille.com website that must have meant that the item was set to 'active' which technically meant they were made available to players. Why they weren't available on both platforms (game and website) well I can't answer because I don't know but the way I see it is that the eyebrows were released but whatever Zynga was trying to do or was going to do didn't end up happening so they changed the item status. Did they did this in their final days as well or did they leave items like that?

I agree times are different and hopefully if the Vikings can make them trade-able, I'm pretty sure many players would welcome that. If they could release all the eyebrows and colours that Zynga created would be even better!! :haha:

To remove any doubt you have about Zynga's intention, we were told outright that they had not intended to release it in any platform. So the eyebrows availability on the yo.com site was an error. The Ninjas made that pretty clear to us all. Also they did not go further to release the other colours and expressions (some of which are in game now due to the free gift hack) which we were all aware existed. They basically did damage control by making them untrade-able.

I agree on the hacked variants being made un-trade-able, that's fair, but the legitimately obtained blue ones should be trade-able. I too would LOVE if the rest were all released but that's a decision up to BVG, it would be great though because of all the colour varieties, it may make coloured hairs more appealing. I wonder how many blue eyerbrows there are in-game, I see so many players with them, some even claiming to own more than one

but that's the problem, bvg aren't going to pay someone to sit down and check every single item to see if it's free gift or legit! Being untradable is just something we have to deal with i'm afraid! I guess it's easier to deal with when you're an old player though to be fair to you.
Image Image
"Que será, será....Whatever will be, will be" ♛ Post your Christmas WTB's here!

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 16166
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Writing essays, eating pringles and running after my puppy

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

and here

And this article:

Me too! I also managed to keep the male fu-manchu moustash which I wore with pride at the time because us girls didnt have it in our invo couldnt buy and it was (and still is untradeable!) - nice huh lol

stunning :haha:
Image Image

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

and here

And this article:

:haha: love it :hug:
I ain't ready
Willow (13350872)

Postby Jester (187649661) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm

PinkSnowDrop (115645703) wrote:
ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:Some background to the blue eyebrows for David and anyone else who might be interested:-

These eyebrows were a glitched release in that they were the only colour which players were only able to purchase on yoville.com site for a short period. A lot of players bought them from that page and were able to trade them. However Zynga decided in 2010 to make them untrade-able as opposed to removing them from the vast number of players who had bought them. Zynga never went on to release into the game the full spectrum of coloured eyebrows which they had created into the game.

So they punished players by making them un-trade-able despite the fact that the eyebrows literally flooded into the game? o_o

At the time it was the fairest thing they could do, as so many players had them and they were not an in game release. It solved the problem of those players making a fortune in coins by trading an item that wasn't properly released. I didn't see it as a punishment.

That's a bummer, times are different now - I hope the Vikings can change their status. To be frank, if the eyebrows were available on the YoVille.com website that must have meant that the item was set to 'active' which technically meant they were made available to players. Why they weren't available on both platforms (game and website) well I can't answer because I don't know but the way I see it is that the eyebrows were released but whatever Zynga was trying to do or was going to do didn't end up happening so they changed the item status. Did they did this in their final days as well or did they leave items like that?

I agree times are different and hopefully if the Vikings can make them trade-able, I'm pretty sure many players would welcome that. If they could release all the eyebrows and colours that Zynga created would be even better!! :haha:

To remove any doubt you have about Zynga's intention, we were told outright that they had not intended to release it in any platform. So the eyebrows availability on the yo.com site was an error. The Ninjas made that pretty clear to us all. Also they did not go further to release the other colours and expressions (some of which are in game now due to the free gift hack) which we were all aware existed. They basically did damage control by making them untrade-able.

I agree on the hacked variants being made un-trade-able, that's fair, but the legitimately obtained blue ones should be trade-able. I too would LOVE if the rest were all released but that's a decision up to BVG, it would be great though because of all the colour varieties, it may make coloured hairs more appealing. I wonder how many blue eyerbrows there are in-game, I see so many players with them, some even claiming to own more than one

but that's the problem, bvg aren't going to pay someone to sit down and check every single item to see if it's free gift or legit! Being untradable is just something we have to deal with i'm afraid! I guess it's easier to deal with when you're an old player though to be fair to you.

What? BVG don't have to do that... As long as an item ISN'T either a free-gift item or a starter item then it should be trade-able without issue. There are Pink Retro Specks out there which can't be traded because they were hacked into the game and are labelled as a 'free-gift', these Blue Eyebrows which were purchased legitimately aren't free-gift items meaning that if they were made trade-able they would be just like any other item.
Jester (187649661)
YoWorld Level: 38
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2018

Forum Posts: 520
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 pm

PinkSnowDrop (115645703) wrote:

What? BVG don't have to do that... As long as an item ISN'T either a free-gift item or a starter item then it should be trade-able without issue. There are Pink Retro Specks out there which can't be traded because they were hacked into the game and are labelled as a 'free-gift', these Blue Eyebrows which were purchased legitimately aren't free-gift items meaning that if they were made trade-able they would be just like any other item.

That's just opening a can of worms then though, if one item comes back then they all will and I think I'd rather bvg spend their time and resources elsewhere tbh! There's lots of items just like this, but I think it's just something we have to deal with sadly x
Image Image

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)

Postby Jester (187649661) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:39 pm

PinkSnowDrop (115645703) wrote:That's just opening a can of worms then though, if one item comes back then they all will and I think I'd rather bvg spend their time and resources elsewhere tbh! There's lots of items just like this, but I think it's just something we have to deal with sadly x

What? :eh:

No, they won't. All items are coded with a trade-able and gift-able marker, I'd assume it would be like something like '0' for un-trade-able and '1' for trade-able/gift-able, currently, the blue eyebrows are set to '0' so they're un-trade-able/un-gift-able BVG just need to make that 0 a 1 so that it can be traded again. It does not affect any other item whatsoever in any shape or form, like I said, if someone has a hacked Blue Eyebrows then it will still be un-trade-able because it is labelled as a free-gift but if it is legitimately bought (from YoVille.com) then it will be like any other item.
Jester (187649661)

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:03 am

they would match so pretty with that blue hair!
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804

ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 8197
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Jester (187649661) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:30 pm

David hasn’t got back to me yet so I PM’d him. Hopefully he’ll message me back in the next day or two. :D
Jester (187649661)

Postby Jester (187649661) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm

ZipLocket (144540244) wrote:they would match so pretty with that blue hair!

Thank you ZipLocket! I think so too. :hug:
Jester (187649661)

Postby Viking David » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Hey YoFans,

We've decided to keep the "Blue Eyebrows" as an untradable item at this time. The history of these items are murky at best, and as we understand it they were not obtainable through fair means. We feel making these items tradable/sellable would create an unfair advantage for the remaining players who own it and an unnecessary amount of fluctuation in the YoWorld Economy. We do however see the appeal in these eyebrows and would be willing to create similar items if it were to work within a theme/concept.

:D :thumbsup:

Viking David
YoWorld Level: 185

Forum Posts: 1038
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Viking David wrote:Hey YoFans,

We've decided to keep the "Blue Eyebrows" as an untradable item at this time. The history of these items are murky at best, and as we understand it they were not obtainable through fair means. We feel making these items tradable/sellable would create an unfair advantage for the remaining players who own it and an unnecessary amount of fluctuation in the YoWorld Economy. We do however see the appeal in these eyebrows and would be willing to create similar items if it were to work within a theme/concept.

Would you consider making other items [freebies] tradeable, please? There is a painting that I was given when I first joined & the giver has a couple more that he's offered to give me & I'd love to have them. Even if you could code them as "buyable", so that we could do it that way. Thanks, David.

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 2439
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Willow (13350872) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:17 pm

ChloePumpkin (176209997) wrote:

Would you consider making other items [freebies] tradeable, please? There is a painting that I was given when I first joined & the giver has a couple more that he's offered to give me & I'd love to have them. Even if you could code them as "buyable", so that we could do it that way. Thanks, David.

I dont understand anything about coding but I would love if they could make the original free gifts tradable, as long as it wouldn't open up the ones that were hacked, I don't understand why they cant do this but as I said I know nothing about coding :angel: :haha:
I ain't ready
Willow (13350872)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm

All of these non-tradeable items make me wish that I played the game back then. I feel left out with all of the Free Gift items and non-tradeable items.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 7340
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Jester (187649661) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Wow, that's actually a bummer. :/

I can accept that but honestly, I don't think the economy would be affected too much by these eyebrows, in-fact I think the game would benefit from a new unique item on the market since it's so dead.

Also, my advice in regards to this:
We do however see the appeal in these eyebrows and would be willing to create similar items if it were to work within a theme/concept.

Don't do this. The whole point of these eyebrows was for the nostalgia factor and the history behind them - they're unique, especially since they're a unique version of starter eyebrows. Creating rip-offs is just unoriginal and it wouldn't be the same. That being said, please start making fun colours for eyebrows: blue, green, pink, etc. Can we request re-colours of previously released (STILL IN-STORE) eyebrows because my favourite eyebrow lacks additional colours and I want more variations?
Jester (187649661)

Postby Jester (187649661) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:05 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:All of these non-tradeable items make me wish that I played the game back then. I feel left out with all of the Free Gift items and non-tradeable items.

I know right? I joined this year, major bummer.
Jester (187649661)

Postby Lori (131347843) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:23 pm

When I came back to the game in 2016, there was an awesome candy theme expiring and I made my first candy home. In the clothing section, there were three coloured eyebrows in that theme, which I bought. The green is actually more of a turquoise blue, similar to the lighter colour in the old blue ones.

"We are made for goodness. We are made for love. We are made for all of the beautiful things that you and I know. We are made to tell the world that there are no outsiders. All are welcome."
~ Desmond Tutu

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 2689
Forum Title: YoLover

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions