[INFO] In the name of transparency...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [INFO] In the name of transparency...

Postby Denna (10205906) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

I would really like to post some questions, but I am very affraid after "Housekeeping" thread... :sad:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 9136
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 pm

I never reported anyone because to me it feel like no matter what some get reported but there are no repercussions. That why some people like to open these threads on Saturdays to get ppl riled up. Some get a slap on the hand while others get a perma ban right away. I think when it comes to running this place and rules, everyone should be treated the same. I seen one person being rude to ppl and call others very rude names, person keeps getting a slap on the hand while someone else who states their opinion like the rest of us does on a daily get a perma ban. I see certain ppl troll and trying to bait people all day long yet nothing has been done, while others get a perma ban. This is why no one really ( other than certain ppl) don't use the report because when u see certain ppl get away with things all the time why waste time and report them. I have been trying to stay away from forum more because at the end of the day nothing really changes here. Some people have been banned here while others who really deserved it still roam around here doing the same things. Also Jess you mentioned that you guys keep things private about who gets in trouble and all that stuff but you forget people do talk to each other so things get around, so to hear sometimes why people got in trouble and then to see so and so did something even worse yet they still here it makes me think do i even want to waste my time to report anyone, that's when this hostility starts towards each other.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

Arrogance is just insecurities playing dress up

xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 2373
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:I would really like to post some questions, but I am very affraid after "Housekeeping" thread... :sad:

I see this thread get mentioned here and there. Without divulging too much, I'd like everyone to know that there were actions handed out as a result. Again, this isn't a place to name names or bring up specifics - and everyone's individual privacy matters.

If, at any point, someone would like to reach out privately, I am open to PMs with questions (please play nice with my inbox, I only just started being able to receive messages again recently) - and I will share the question anonymously along with the answer :)

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 288

Forum Posts: 9963
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Pigeonlips (139291280) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:My final question - I promise!

Why do some players have different forum titles (i.e. personalised) than others? :shocked:

Mine was permanently changed when I saw that mine had become "YoFiend" and made a comment that I wished I could be the #1 YoFiend forever. Careful what you wish for. LOL

I'd be interested to see what they would set for mine and a few others :haha:

:haha:

If mine isn't #1 Corgi Lover by the end of the day there'll be uproar :love:

I'm kidding, of course. :angel:

Well, if Liam gets #1 Corgi Lover, I'll be begging for #1 Doxie Lover. :haha:

[I'm half kidding! ;) ]

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 2439

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:42 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:I never reported anyone because to me it feel like no matter what some get reported but there are no repercussions. That why some people like to open these threads on Saturdays to get ppl riled up. Some get a slap on the hand while others get a perma ban right away. I think when it comes to running this place and rules, everyone should be treated the same. I seen one person being rude to ppl and call others very rude names, person keeps getting a slap on the hand while someone else who states their opinion like the rest of us does on a daily get a perma ban. I see certain ppl troll and trying to bait people all day long yet nothing has been done, while others get a perma ban. This is why no one really ( other than certain ppl) don't use the report because when u see certain ppl get away with things all the time why waste time and report them. I have been trying to stay away from forum more because at the end of the day nothing really changes here. Some people have been banned here while others who really deserved it still roam around here doing the same things. Also Jess you mentioned that you guys keep things private about who gets in trouble and all that stuff but you forget people do talk to each other so things get around, so to hear sometimes why people got in trouble and then to see so and so did something even worse yet they still here it makes me think do i even want to waste my time to report anyone, that's when this hostility starts towards each other.

This may sound harsh, and to some degree I suppose it may be, but I mean none of it in any kind of a personal way: that approach is self-perpetuating. If you don't report something, we may not catch it and then nothing really will get done about it. If you do report it, you still won't see the other side of it (again, what others choose to share isn't always what happened. We protect everyone's privacy, no matter what) - but at least we know there is something to be addressed here.

Everyone is treated the same, but we don't go out of our way to remember who's who in what drama, and what's happened between you all. If you don't report something, how do you expect us to handle it? I'd have to hunt for 'bad' behaviour all day, and keep an encyclopedia of interpersonal Yo-relationships in my head, or written down somewhere - and that just doesn't seem like an effective use of time. I'd rather spend time trying to advocate for what you want to see in YoWorld than babysit, and I'd hope you all agree.

Viking Jess

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:44 pm

ChloePumpkin (176209997) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Why do some players have different forum titles (i.e. personalised) than others? :shocked:

Mine was permanently changed when I saw that mine had become "YoFiend" and made a comment that I wished I could be the #1 YoFiend forever. Careful what you wish for. LOL

[I'm half kidding! ;) ]

You'd have to fight Viking Sarah for that title! And maybe Reggie, also... :haha: :love:

Viking Jess

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

[I'm half kidding! ;) ]

You'd have to fight Viking Sarah for that title! And maybe Reggie, also... :haha: :love:

And I have to fight no one for my Corgi title :devil: :angel:
Theme Codes | How to: Remove FB Sidebar
ImageImageImage
❥Somer ❥mauiencar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 20678
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Sweet :)

AAFxCokey 2H0TxTBY (167109704)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 2425

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Hey all - 5 minute warning for today! We'll be locked 5 minutes from the time of this post, and any outstanding answers will be posted shortly thereafter.

If this thread is generally found to be useful, I'll consider similarly purposed threads in future :)

Viking Jess

Postby Denna (10205906) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:I would really like to post some questions, but I am very affraid after "Housekeeping" thread... :sad:

I see this thread get mentioned here and there. Without divulging too much, I'd like everyone to know that there were actions handed out as a result. Again, this isn't a place to name names or bring up specifics - and everyone's individual privacy matters.

If, at any point, someone would like to reach out privately, I am open to PMs with questions (please play nice with my inbox, I only just started being able to receive messages again recently) - and I will share the question anonymously along with the answer :)

Thank you Jess :rose:

I don't see why should I take it in PM... In the name of transparency, I have only few questions and I know for sure some of my friends in this game would also like to see honest answers. So here we go:

1. Why some posts get deleted and especially posts of certain people? - This makes people think that person is "Friends with Vikings or Vikigns favorite".

2. Why some threads ( again made by certain people ) get deleted?

3. Why OP can ask for thread being deleted? It looks like people posted for nothing. ... I can understand if OP wants thread to be locked...

4. In the weekend, when some thread has been reported, why Viking Andrew don't lock it? He is often online in the weekend...

Ty vm in advance
"I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 9136
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Viking Jess wrote:Hey all - 5 minute warning for today! We'll be locked 5 minutes from the time of this post, and any outstanding answers will be posted shortly thereafter.

If this thread is generally found to be useful, I'll consider similarly purposed threads in future :)

Very useful! :thumbsup: :hug:
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 7249
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Tim (185742931) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

[I'm half kidding! ;) ]

Can mine be YoQueen :angel:
Tim (185742931)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: May 17, 2014

Forum Posts: 589
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Pigeonlips (139291280) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Viking Jess wrote:Hey all - 5 minute warning for today! We'll be locked 5 minutes from the time of this post, and any outstanding answers will be posted shortly thereafter.

I would love more of these in the future :thumbsup:

Pigeonlips (139291280)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 4502
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Yes, this thread has been helpful & I'd like to see it be a weekly thing, if possible. I was clicking my tongs instead of posting, but Denna asked a lot of what I was thinking :hug:
ImageI'm feeling Tore Slap Up today.

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 5009
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Denna (10205906) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:

Thank you Jess :rose:

I don't see why should I take it in PM... In the name of transparency, I have only few questions and I know for sure some of my friends in this game would also like to see honest answers. So here we go:

1. Why some posts get deleted and especially posts of certain people? - This makes people think that person is "Friends with Vikings or Vikigns favorite".

2. Why some threads ( again made by certain people ) get deleted?

3. Why OP can ask for thread being deleted? It looks like people posted for nothing. ... I can understand if OP wants thread to be locked...

4. In the weekend, when some thread has been reported, why Viking Andrew don't lock it? He is often online in the weekend...

Ty vm in advance

No worries! Thanks for your questions :)

1 & 2 (they're the same answer, sorry!) - If we remove a post or a thread here, it's usually actually moved to a place only Vikings can see! Deleting it doesn't mean we haven't addressed it. I'll take the heat for this one, as I can't seem to make up my mind which way works better to prevent future drama - I've tried removing or editing offending posts along with whatever action, and I've tried leaving them (still along with whatever action). Neither seems to be more effective than the other, so I'll make it a point to make up my mind in the coming days/weeks in the name of consistency. But end of the story is that removal is nearly always accompanied by more than that :)

3. - This is another issue where we've never yet had to take a firm stance, so we simply haven't. Generally speaking I'll only really delete (read: move to a private board) if I agree that something less-than-constructive has or is about to happen in the thread.

4. - Our Player Happiness team does what they can to help with moderation efforts when they can, but for the most part they're mostly on "game-breaking bug" watch. I'm sure many of you have experienced or seen others experience an extremely long wait for support to reply - I don't want to take their focus away from helping YoFans in need.

Viking Jess

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:

Very useful! :thumbsup: :hug:

I would love more of these in the future :thumbsup:

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) wrote:

Yes, this thread has been helpful & I'd like to see it be a weekly thing, if possible. I was clicking my tongs instead of posting, but Denna asked a lot of what I was thinking :hug:

Thank you to the three of you for your support! I can't guarantee weekly, but I'll do what I can :heart:

I had hoped that many of you held similar questions. I'm glad to have been of help (or at least, I hope I was of help!) and I'm looking forward to our next extra-transparent chat :hug:

Viking Jess

Postby Viking Jess » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:12 pm

One last-moment question to answer! And then we'll shut'er down for tonight :hug:

what happens if someone unfairly reports repeatedly from multiple accounts, you know how many players may not be very aware of the process reports get handled, there are some who never leave their property in order to avoid being falsely reported by someone they had a fall out with.
(Some parts edited to boil down the question)

I mentioned earlier that we don't have some magic number of warnings that will result in harsher action. We similarly don't have a threshold for reports! We've heard stories of "report-brigading" that have lost some players access to their accounts, and we have no intention of letting that happen.

We do have an in-game system where more heavily-reported events/players/chat/etc. are prioritized above things with fewer reports - but each one is handled by a person, who will easily be able to tell if you were reported for valid reasons or not. Forum reports work much the same, except the software we built on doesn't allow for multiple reports. But we review each one individually and are more than happy to ignore unwarranted reports :)

Viking Jess

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions