Would you like a break from themes?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Yes - I'm all themed-out, gimme a break already
75%
No - theme me up Scottie, I'm loving it - whoohoo!
25%

Total votes : 117

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:23 pm

What it says on the tin really, how would you feel about BVG releasing a non-theme or un-theme?

I mentioned it in another thread recently and the more I think about it, the more I believe it could work :thumbsup:

For the non-theme, they could release a load of NEW generic stuff into the stores (beds, wardrobes, wall units, entertainment centres, rugs, curtains, windows, doors, tiles, roof tiles, wallpaper, banister rails, stairs, small kitchen items, computers, tablets, mobiles / cellphones, smart tvs, fencing, paving, baths, showers, jacuzzis, toilets - clothing, hair and facial features too) and make room for it all if that's an issue, by deleting unpopular stuff that doesn't sell.

I think it's long overdue and there's only so many times you want to keep using the same stuff over and over. I personally struggle to look at things like the 'Luxury' and 'Modern' stuff lately - it's really not luxurious nor modern by today's standards :D

I also think that by having longer between themes, the content creators will have more time to get things right. There's been numerous quality / sizing / not fit-for-purpose issues lately and it does feel to me as though things are being rushed.

They could still release a couple of properties (someone suggested something like the 50 Shades penthouse for example) so wouldn't be losing prospective revenue hopefully.

Over to you............ :)
Image Image

:star: 100% goad-free siggy :star:

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 5426
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Would you like a break from themes?

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 pm

Yes!

I'd love even just a 3 day break from themes, as some of them are quite boring for me, and I'd love if we just got some general items to enjoy.
❥Somer ❥mauiencar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 20349
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby alex (180123321) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Yes, I would love some random items to enjoy that don't fit into a theme.
They also really really really need to add a bigger variety of water tiles, clouds, sky tiles, backgrounds etc...
alex (180123321)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 12225
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby alex (180123321) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:16 pm

The themes lately have been so boring for me..not my cup of tea at all!
alex (180123321)

Postby TxMimi (108802431) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:What it says on the tin really, how would you feel about BVG releasing a non-theme or un-theme?

I mentioned it in another thread recently and the more I think about it, the more I believe it could work :thumbsup:

For the non-theme, they could release a load of NEW generic stuff into the stores (beds, wardrobes, wall units, entertainment centres, rugs, curtains, windows, doors, tiles, roof tiles, wallpaper, banister rails, stairs, small kitchen items, computers, tablets, mobiles / cellphones, smart tvs, fencing, paving, baths, showers, jacuzzis, toilets - clothing, hair and facial features too) and make room for it all if that's an issue, by deleting unpopular stuff that doesn't sell.

I think it's long overdue and there's only so many times you want to keep using the same stuff over and over. I personally struggle to look at things like the 'Luxury' and 'Modern' stuff lately - it's really not luxurious nor modern by today's standards :D

I also think that by having longer between themes, the content creators will have more time to get things right. There's been numerous quality / sizing / not fit-for-purpose issues lately and it does feel to me as though things are being rushed.

They could still release a couple of properties (someone suggested something like the 50 Shades penthouse for example) so wouldn't be losing prospective revenue hopefully.

I've been hoping for something like this for awhile now. I have hardly been playing at all because not into the themes.

TxMimi (108802431)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1506
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:35 pm

alex (180123321) wrote:The themes lately have been so boring for me..not my cup of tea at all!

Same here :thumbsup:

xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 2251
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Mike (121565032) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:41 pm

i have said before and loads of other people have commented about a break between themes would be good... even if for a few days or a week!

Mike (121565032)
YoWorld Level: 194
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 166
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Rod (126579776) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 pm

People are generally more likely to spend more for a theme that they are into, than generic content. The risk is that BVG releases a themes that players aren't into. They mitigate this by sticking to 2 week windows.

I'd argue the store is now filled with enough content that a player could do almost anything that they imagined. I realize there are gaps, but the 2 week windows also address this reality.

BVG also has enough sales data to know what we like. The reason we see some of the same type of items over and over from theme to theme is because we buy them. It is the same way for items we don't see a lot of. It is because enough of us do not buy then when they hit the store.

But it is an interesting idea and I'd try it just to test it if I was BVG. You can't learn if you don't try.

:thumbsup:

I want to make a jigsaw puzzle that is 40,000 pieces. When you finish it, it says "GO OUTSIDE". - Demtri Martin

Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 27331
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Sputnik (187030201) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:56 pm

I don't know how financially beneficial for them this might be or if their designers can be inspired without a defined theme in mind as they draw the mockups.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Sputnik (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 6565

Postby Lacy (123536660) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:03 pm

alex (180123321) wrote:The themes lately have been so boring for me..not my cup of tea at all!

I agree
Click Siggy for Link

There are two times of year for me: Christmas Season and waiting for Christmas Season.

Lacy (123536660)
YoWorld Level: 392
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 8733
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:People are generally more likely to spend more for a theme that they are into, than generic content. The risk is that BVG releases a themes that players aren't into. They mitigate this by sticking to 2 week windows.

I'd argue the store is now filled with enough content that a player could do almost anything that they imagined. I realize there are gaps, but the 2 week windows also address this reality.

BVG also has enough sales data to know what we like. The reason we see some of the same type of items over and over from theme to theme is because we buy them. It is the same way for items we don't see a lot of. It is because enough of us do not buy then when they hit the store.

But it is an interesting idea and I'd try it just to test it if I was BVG. You can't learn if you don't try.

:thumbsup:

I don't agree Rod - I feel that the generic stuff needs to be updated, too much of it has been knocking around for too long.

I can almost 'see' all of the windows and doors currently on offer in my head if I close my eyes.....what kind of store is it where you've literally used ALL the stuff of a particular genre, multiple times? :sad:

I agree that BVG know what we don't like - it's all the stuff we get given in the gem events, that aren't exclusively made for it ;) Speaking of which, how many times have players asked for the stuff from the gem events to be sold instore? The reason why they ask is because it's good, it's not stuff we already have, and they want to buy it at 'normal' non-AH prices.

Even if sales currently are good, as a business (like any business) they should strive to do better. Giving us 3 different colours of a couch we don't like, isn't choice IMO

Keeping people decorating generates most of the income, but we need fresh new stuff to keep us interested in doing so.

Additionally, I bet if they opened a 'high end' Yachs, Yarvey Nicholls, Yelfridges or Yarrods store, that contained a load of NEW gorgeous stuff - it would fly off the shelves ;)

People don't mind spending money for quality.
Image Image

Miss TiFied (8432514)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I don't know how financially beneficial for them this might be or if their designers can be inspired without a defined theme in mind as they draw the mockups.

But designers do it all the time - they're not told 'Boardwalk Empire' please or 'can you do me some Yorient Express?' :D

I bet we'll see their best work ever if they're not constrained by having to 'theme' everything and they managed just fine with all the non themed stuff we already have instore.........my hope is for newer non-themed stuff :thumbsup:
Last edited by Miss TiFied (8432514) on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Miss TiFied (8432514)

Postby Moloch (153939982) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Personally I am can do ether way, however I would love it if we had a time frame sorta thing !

Theme 10 Days.
2 Days Off.
Theme 10 Days.
2 Days Off.
Holiday Mini Themes 2 Days.
Holiday or should I Say Halloween :smug: 6 Weeks x 3 Themes...

Permanent, pre planed stuffz...
Monday regular cash deal.
Friday sweet, tempting buy one of each deal! :silly: :drool:
Justice Before Mercy.

Moloch (153939982)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 5361

Postby LunaLefleur (177635761) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:What it says on the tin really, how would you feel about BVG releasing a non-theme or un-theme?

Ms T I agree completely, I would also love a week of the designs that were created by players that didn't make it to the store.

LunaLefleur (177635761)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: May 10, 2011

Forum Posts: 315
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby alex (180123321) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:26 pm

LunaVenusLefleur (177635761) wrote:

Ms T I agree completely, I would also love a week of the designs that were created by players that didn't make it to the store.

YES! This is what I want! Special Original Items that don't fit into a theme :)
Last edited by alex (180123321) on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alex (180123321)

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:30 pm

LunaVenusLefleur (177635761) wrote:

Absolutely LVL! :thumbsup:

Liam mentioned a VIP store recently and I've alluded to having a high-end store here - a combo of all those elements would be amazing :shocked:

Imagine everyone rushing to sign-up for VIP if all the DC stuff was available to buy in a YoWorld VIP / high end / exclusive store ;)
Image Image

Miss TiFied (8432514)

Postby Karena Yot (130161749) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:34 pm

That would be wonderful thanks for the poll! :heart: :thumbsup:
Karena Yot (130161749)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 161
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Lyric (175826792) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:01 pm

I would love for there to be a short break in between themes. Even 2-3 days would be great, sometimes it is overwhelming to go from one theme straight to another.

I also think it would be great to have a "non-theme" every once in a while for generic items!

Great thread! :thumbsup:
Lyric (175826792)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 1500

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:11 pm

This is like telling your local stores to stop selling stuff because you want to take a break from spending. The easy way you can take a break from a theme is not to do the theme! BVG is here to make money to keep this game running if you want to take a break then you dont have to buy everything that comes out because there always going to be items that you wanna buy!

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 14997
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Lyric (175826792) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:18 pm

XxSuperMarioxX (104376062) wrote:This is like telling your local stores to stop selling stuff because you want to take a break from spending. The easy way you can take a break from a theme is not to do the theme! BVG is here to make money to keep this game running if you want to take a break then you dont have to buy everything that comes out because there always going to be items that you wanna buy!

People will still be buying the other items that are instore. It wouldn't be a complete store shut down like you are insinuating? :eh: I really don't think that a 2-3 day break in between themes would be catastrophic. BVG will still make money, people will still buy yocash and coins. :D
Lyric (175826792)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2011

Forum Posts: 1500

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions