Scandanavian Theme IKEA THEME

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Scandanavian Theme IKEA THEME

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 am

xNVx (129595882) wrote:
Ivana Tinkle (118023266) wrote:
xNVx (129595882) wrote:
Aurora (130292467) wrote:
Bookworm J (129336295) wrote:I love IKEA :heart: and I can always talk my husband into going, just for the meatballs :D

A full Scandanavian theme would be great! We could visit the various countries. . .

:thumbsup: I support your idea. The OP wants to include IKEA, WTF? Let's include Exxon and BP. :silly: She or he should change the thread title. IKEA sucks. :balloon:

Maybe it's here in the states, but most people i know back home in germany buy their furniture from ikea and have no issues with it. I bought closet from Ikea over 10 years ago and even had it shipped to the states and to this day it's still in great condition. My best friend who has moved many times because her husband is in the military bought most of their furniture from ikea and still has most of them to this day, even after moving many times.

the IKEA i go to here in Canada is great too. I've never had an issue with anything falling apart :eh: . I have a bunch of stuff I bought from ikea years and years ago and its all in great condition...and thats with 5 messy kids and a dog.

& yes! i'd love a Scandinavian theme. :D

Maybe it's just here in the states, if you look at most furniture here in the states the wood is not good quality unless you buy expensive furniture. I never bought anything from Ikea here in the states so i'm not sure if it's the quality that's bad or people just don't know how to put the items together since most are so used to buying furniture already put together. Growing up n germany no matter where you buy your furniture you have to put them together yourself as far as i can remember. Might have changed now since i been in the states from a while now.

I guess it depends on what you're buying and knowing what it's made of. This video shows how their cheaper products aren't even made entirely of particle board, but they might be filled with cardboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vNRY6natiY

It's still not my style.

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 19970
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:02 am

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
xNVx (129595882) wrote:
Ivana Tinkle (118023266) wrote:
xNVx (129595882) wrote:
Aurora (130292467) wrote:
Bookworm J (129336295) wrote:I love IKEA :heart: and I can always talk my husband into going, just for the meatballs :D

A full Scandanavian theme would be great! We could visit the various countries. . .

:thumbsup: I support your idea. The OP wants to include IKEA, WTF? Let's include Exxon and BP. :silly: She or he should change the thread title. IKEA sucks. :balloon:

Maybe it's here in the states, but most people i know back home in germany buy their furniture from ikea and have no issues with it. I bought closet from Ikea over 10 years ago and even had it shipped to the states and to this day it's still in great condition. My best friend who has moved many times because her husband is in the military bought most of their furniture from ikea and still has most of them to this day, even after moving many times.

the IKEA i go to here in Canada is great too. I've never had an issue with anything falling apart :eh: . I have a bunch of stuff I bought from ikea years and years ago and its all in great condition...and thats with 5 messy kids and a dog.

& yes! i'd love a Scandinavian theme. :D

Maybe it's just here in the states, if you look at most furniture here in the states the wood is not good quality unless you buy expensive furniture. I never bought anything from Ikea here in the states so i'm not sure if it's the quality that's bad or people just don't know how to put the items together since most are so used to buying furniture already put together. Growing up n germany no matter where you buy your furniture you have to put them together yourself as far as i can remember. Might have changed now since i been in the states from a while now.

I guess it depends on what you're buying and knowing what it's made of. This video shows how their cheaper products aren't even made entirely of particle board, but they might be filled with cardboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vNRY6natiY

It's still not my style.

I doubt it would be any ones style because it wouldn't last long. My items are made from solid wood, if you know your materials you don't run into those problems.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives than to sit online all day trolling people for reactions. Pretty sad life some people live.
xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3031
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:10 am

Too lazy tonight to read through all the comments LOL But I will say as far as IKEA goes, some things are crap and some last for a long time. I am in need of a new bed, but somehow I have kept my queen bed frame intact enough for...oh jeez math...15ish years? It survived my ex and his ass friend wrecking the slats while helping me move. That was about 10 years ago and it's still hanging in there. The footboard crapped out on me once or twice and I crashed to the floor. Good times. But otherwise, it's still ok. Dresser broke within a couple years.

I love that Scandinavian stuff. Would also love a whole theme. I don't usually do modern decor, but I had fun playing with it.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15869
Forum Title: YoFiend

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions