YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website (Updated 14/12)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
1WTC (131380246) wrote:Oh I forgot to mention. I added a gender display to the Player search


I just checked and my gender is "Unknown". Is there something I need to show to establish my gender?
:D


If it shows as unknown it means it hasn't been processed yet. Should appear in the next few days

stinker belle (134983242) wrote:.

This is amazing, and a lot of work done on your part! Can't thank you enough for doing this!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

:heart: :rose: :trophy: :thumbsup: :bye:


Ah you're very welcome!
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Just added all the new items to the database
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:40 am

Could you please be so gracious as to put my name in private over there? Thank you
so appreciate.
Image
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
User avatar
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 338
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 9715
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In Your Computer

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:09 pm

ZipLocket (144540244) wrote:Could you please be so gracious as to put my name in private over there? Thank you
so appreciate.


No worries, I will do that now for you
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Denny TWP (115835707) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Well done mate. :)
Image
User avatar
Denny TWP (115835707)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 21, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 77
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Just added another little addition to the player search
Image

Again, I must stress, this is not automatically updated, it is done manually. This is why it states "Last known outfit"
I have also updated the genders, they should hopefully be showing now for most users
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Hey 1WTC I don't see the option to make mark myself as private on the player search db.

With the updated feature, I get that some players might like a breakdown of outfit being shown, but that's not something I am particularly keen on myself. It's bordering close to the view inventory ish we had with yo.com and for that reason I would like to be marked as private. Could you take care of that please. Many thanks :)
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10880
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:05 pm

I would prefer if my outfits could be hid, please :D
Image
User avatar
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 26113
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Thank you for adding my friend. I hope you enjoyed your holiday!! :rose:
Image
Image
User avatar

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 3572
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere hanging with my Dachshunds

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Yuri Katsuki (186433464) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:41 am

Hii 1WTC! Is there any chance you could hide my last known outfit and my gender, please. :) I'd really appreciate it, :)
Image
User avatar
Yuri Katsuki (186433464)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 25, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 678
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Planet Earth

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Rain (110294179) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:47 am

Oh that outfit thing is really cool. Just found an item I've been looking for the name of. :thumbsup:
Image

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.
User avatar
Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 370
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7963
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: YoWorld

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:13 am

Just altered the private settings for people.

Sorry for the slight delay, I've recently been occupied with a bit of work and haven't had too much free time
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Antigone (187649661) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:43 am

Are you able to add more connectivity to users? I want to link up my existing account to my user info so that I'm able to have more control over my details. Also, speaking of user connectivity: do you have any plans for users with accounts because there's not much to do besides making lists. How do you set a suggested price? How does that work? Why do many players not show in the results? For example; I could search myself and I show but if I search up Viking Maja she doesn't show? :eh: Is there a way to know what items are unreleased?
User avatar

Antigone (187649661)
YoWorld Level: 56
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 07, 2018
 
Forum Posts: 1263
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:20 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just altered the private settings for people.

Sorry for the slight delay, I've recently been occupied with a bit of work and haven't had too much free time


Thanks 1WTC, appreciate that! :thumbsup:

Hope you managed to have an awesome birthday in spite of all the work you've been doing.
And of course, Happy Belated Birthday :party: :drink: :gift: :balloon: :D :hug:
....................................................."Thinking is the hardest work there is,
...........................................Which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
User avatar

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10880
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: SmiliN & LiviN My Best yO-Life!

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Jester (187649661) wrote:Are you able to add more connectivity to users? I want to link up my existing account to my user info so that I'm able to have more control over my details. Also, speaking of user connectivity: do you have any plans for users with accounts because there's not much to do besides making lists. How do you set a suggested price? How does that work? Why do many players not show in the results? For example; I could search myself and I show but if I search up Viking Maja she doesn't show? :eh: Is there a way to know what items are unreleased?


I will be working on something like this, I just need a bit of time in order to write it all up and then work on an authentication method in order to link a YoWorldDB account with the user info.

Also the pricing works via the "Price Guide" lists, if you create a new list and under the list type select "Price Guide" then you'll be able to add items to that list and price them.

In regards to the player search, as it states on the site, it is not a complete list of players as they are all added manually. There are so far just over 30,000 players added, which consists mostly of active players, but there are still a lot which I have not had a chance to upload yet.

ijOjO uK (109723058) wrote:
1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just altered the private settings for people.

Sorry for the slight delay, I've recently been occupied with a bit of work and haven't had too much free time


Thanks 1WTC, appreciate that! :thumbsup:

Hope you managed to have an awesome birthday in spite of all the work you've been doing.
And of course, Happy Belated Birthday :party: :drink: :gift: :balloon: :D :hug:


Ah thank you! Had a great birthday and a nice mini holiday - Shame it wasn't longer!
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:55 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just added another little addition to the player search
Image

Again, I must stress, this is not automatically updated, it is done manually. This is why it states "Last known outfit"
I have also updated the genders, they should hopefully be showing now for most users



Yes, I'm a male now! Yay! And I really like the outfit thing. A couple times folks have asked me what this or that is that I'm wearing or I've been curious about theirs. This would let you get an answer sooner than they might respond to a post if they're not online. I do wish it were more responsive to change though. Are you reading from the same file the forums reads? That might work but don't know...

Anyhoo, thanks again for all your work!
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14439
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
1WTC (131380246) wrote:Yes, I'm a male now! Yay! And I really like the outfit thing. A couple times folks have asked me what this or that is that I'm wearing or I've been curious about theirs. This would let you get an answer sooner than they might respond to a post if they're not online. I do wish it were more responsive to change though. Are you reading from the same file the forums reads? That might work but don't know...

Anyhoo, thanks again for all your work!
:thumbsup:


I am working on trying to make it a little more responsive, it's just not all that easy
I've just however added something into the site (server side) which sets up an array of recently viewed users, meaning I can regularly keep active users data up to date.

On another note, I've just added around another 2000 users to the database.
I've also adjusted my automated item updater to run every hour with a full database update running every 24 hours. This should hopefully keep things fully up to date!
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Just setup another server side service which should keep player data a little more up to date
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Working on the account linking (mentioned somewhere above) and a profile page for each user, complete with privacy controls and display settings

Image
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 434
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:46 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Working on the account linking (mentioned somewhere above) and a profile page for each user, complete with privacy controls and display settings

Image



Oooh! Privacy controls will be a big hit with folks. And it'll keep you from having to do it onesy twosy. Nice!
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14439
Forum Title: YoWild

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions