YoWorldDB.com - YoWorld Database Website (Updated 14/12)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Sat May 05, 2018 4:54 pm

I've started work on a few features which I think will come in super hand to most players on this forum. It involves trading and also involves price estimations / suggestions.

I hope for these features to go live in a few weeks, I'll post a bit more about them a bit closer to the time. However at the moment I'm focusing on finishing a dissertation for university. Almost complete thankfully so my time will free up a bit in the next week or so.
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sat May 05, 2018 5:00 pm

This is awesome! Though I don't sell or buy much, this will be very useful for all players. If everything is already covered, I think I can stop my work since I don't have much time anyway. Thanks a lot for your hard work and good luck on your dissertation!
Image

Image
Aerosols are important route of transmission beside droplets.They can remain suspended in the air and can travel 15 feet. Indoor environment without good ventilation especially risky
User avatar

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 411
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 17153
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Tokyo

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sun May 06, 2018 1:17 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:I've started work on a few features which I think will come in super hand to most players on this forum. It involves trading and also involves price estimations / suggestions.

I hope for these features to go live in a few weeks, I'll post a bit more about them a bit closer to the time. However at the moment I'm focusing on finishing a dissertation for university. Almost complete thankfully so my time will free up a bit in the next week or so.

Really cool, thanks so much and good luck with your studies...
:thumbsup:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14445
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 am

Just to let everyone know I've just finished my dissertation for university and will now be returning to add these new features to the website! Expect to see some updates over the next 2 weeks!
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby GoOdDaY (145088398) » Fri May 18, 2018 7:05 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just to let everyone know I've just finished my dissertation for university and will now be returning to add these new features to the website! Expect to see some updates over the next 2 weeks!

:balloon: :party: :drool:
User avatar
GoOdDaY (145088398)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 11, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 542
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby Qyoo (6096101) » Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just to let everyone know I've just finished my dissertation for university and will now be returning to add these new features to the website! Expect to see some updates over the next 2 weeks!


Congrats on being done with your dissertation! :party:
User avatar
Qyoo (6096101)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1343
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Corner of No and Where

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:01 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just to let everyone know I've just finished my dissertation for university and will now be returning to add these new features to the website! Expect to see some updates over the next 2 weeks!


So, are you changing your name to Dr. 1WTC? Hope you pass with distinction...
:party:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14445
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby vin (990889) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

Congrats on finishing the dissertation! Also, time for you to apply for a job with the Vikings. Your site is great!
User avatar
vin (990889)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 06, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 733
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Right here...in the moment!

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby bakchodi (187624537) » Fri May 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Thank you for this amazing site! It's got the best GUI and search queries out there among Yo sites :D . Wishing we'd have that organised and simple price guide like back then too.
Last edited by bakchodi (187624537) on Sun May 20, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bakchodi (187624537)
YoWorld Level: 73
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2018
 
Forum Posts: 121
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby dv (112539174) » Fri May 18, 2018 12:32 pm

The png files are incredible. :trophy:
User avatar
dv (112539174)
YoWorld Level: 211
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1112
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Sat May 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks for the kind messages. I did my absolute best on the dissertation (I really suck when it comes to writing), hopefully I get a decent grade from it, the practical work I produced was a lot better in my opinion than the theory stuff
A few bits if anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/BB2R284tvZ8
https://youtu.be/QcvxHg70sgo
https://youtu.be/yFdZ5EnkMR4

Pretty happy with how they turned out, especially considering the very short time I had to produce them (Just over 2 months each).

In other YoWorld related news, I've started writing up some of the new features I talked about, they're not live just yet, however are slowly taking shape. The plan is to drastically help organise and improve the way people do trading via the forums and groups on FB. Also to add in price estimates and ways to communicate with players selling or wanting to buy particular items. I will of course expand on this more as I develop it
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sun May 20, 2018 12:32 am

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Thanks for the kind messages. I did my absolute best on the dissertation (I really suck when it comes to writing), hopefully I get a decent grade from it, the practical work I produced was a lot better in my opinion than the theory stuff
A few bits if anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/BB2R284tvZ8
https://youtu.be/QcvxHg70sgo
https://youtu.be/yFdZ5EnkMR4

Pretty happy with how they turned out, especially considering the very short time I had to produce them (Just over 2 months each).

In other YoWorld related news, I've started writing up some of the new features I talked about, they're not live just yet, however are slowly taking shape. The plan is to drastically help organise and improve the way people do trading via the forums and groups on FB. Also to add in price estimates and ways to communicate with players selling or wanting to buy particular items. I will of course expand on this more as I develop it


I want to learnnnnnnn :heart: :hug: Love the 80s vid
..........................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
Image
RIP Kobe Bryant, my childhood was purple and gold
MY WISHLIST (click here)
User avatar
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 12394
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 pm

As promised here is a small update!
Image

I'm not going to say anything about this just yet though, however feel free to guess!
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:As promised here is a small update!
Image

I'm not going to say anything about this just yet though, however feel free to guess!


It looks nice, but hopefuly there will be also an option to create a list of items with no price at all where both the YoCash and YoCoins "tags" can be hidden.

I do not put price at all when I am buying something and neither do guys at wishlist section.

And it would be really handy if there was also shown a name of the item - at least the beginning of it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Tue May 29, 2018 3:46 pm

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:
1WTC (131380246) wrote:It looks nice, but hopefuly there will be also an option to create a list of items with no price at all where both the YoCash and YoCoins "tags" can be hidden.

I do not put price at all when I am buying something and neither do guys at wishlist section.

And it would be really handy if there was also shown a name of the item - at least the beginning of it.


Image
I don't know why I didn't show it in the first screenshot, however items without prices are possible too.
I've also taken your suggestion on board and added the item names
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby Rawr (186765003) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:
YoJohn (135968828) wrote:It looks nice, but hopefuly there will be also an option to create a list of items with no price at all where both the YoCash and YoCoins "tags" can be hidden.

I do not put price at all when I am buying something and neither do guys at wishlist section.

And it would be really handy if there was also shown a name of the item - at least the beginning of it.


Image
I don't know why I didn't show it in the first screenshot, however items without prices are possible too.
I've also taken your suggestion on board and added the item names

That looks amazing, can't wait for the launch! :hug:
Will it be easy to edit and replace items, after closing then going back into it, or would we need to start again? :)
Image
User avatar
Rawr (186765003)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 5574
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:45 pm

So nice 1WTC! I think folks are going to love this. I don't see how to make a list though. Is it in production yet?

:drink:
User avatar
Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 14445
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Wed May 30, 2018 4:33 am

Rawr (186765003) wrote:That looks amazing, can't wait for the launch! :hug:
Will it be easy to edit and replace items, after closing then going back into it, or would we need to start again? :)


Oh yes it will be very easy to update and manage lists. It'll all be saved, so no need to worry about coming back to make a new list each time. The lists can also be shared publicly, useful when buying / selling items or creating wish lists

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:So nice 1WTC! I think folks are going to love this. I don't see how to make a list though. Is it in production yet?

:drink:


Thanks! Not public yet, however I am working hard to make sure that it'll be public very very soon
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby 1WTC (131380246) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Just another small preview
Image
Image
User avatar
1WTC (131380246)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 435
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

Re: YoWorldDB.com - Item Database Website

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm

1WTC (131380246) wrote:Just another small preview


That is awesome. But would it be possible at all to select the items for list directly on the search page, by ticking a check box, and then - once all desired items are selected click on button to add all selected items to the list at once?

That would be quicker way for players selecting many items. Instead of 2×n clicks, there would be only needed n+1 clicks.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions