Taking advantage...

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Taking advantage...

Postby OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:47 am

So before you read this post, please see that I am not directly targeting any player within the game, and neither am I saying that these type of events are always the same. I use these type of events myself, but not for the reason that I am about to explain.

In the picture below you can see a player who is hosting a frame event, where they want to buy many different items from the game. I went, thinking, like I do, they just wanted to buy multiple items at one time, rather than looking for just one item in events constantly, which will inevitably bring around it being price jacked by other players.

I went to this event and found that this player... who was trying to buy some of the most expensive items currently on the game, had changed the yorehab price stickers underneath to be worth 10th of the price that is shown on yorehab. I'm not saying that yorehab is always reliable, but right now, it's the only price guide we have and even when that isn't correct, and sometimes items are valued at a lot less on that page... I am stunned to see that players would fake the prices on yorehab, to make even more "profit" in this virtual game. Shocked, bewildered and pretty much confused, you can see I was kicked when I confronted them. I didn't scribble out their reply or my own name/reply because I wanted you to see. PLEASE, do NOT be fooled by players like this. I am tired of seeing people trying to take advantage constantly.
Image
Image
User avatar
OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3455
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Neverland

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby SBOYWBIVNG Danny (181335272) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am

loads of people do this, its terrible tbf taking advantage of people who dont know the worth ;/
User avatar
SBOYWBIVNG Danny (181335272)
YoWorld Level: 246
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 05, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 634
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby Willow (13350872) » Thu May 18, 2017 11:51 am

:shocked: :shocked: Nice catch :thumbsup: and thanks for the heads up :heart:
Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap
Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap
Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap
User avatar
Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 11966
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: In god we trust

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby Bitty Nooberton (126579776) » Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm

*giggle*

We have way too many players who are too lazy to do their homework. I don't feel bad for them at all. They get what they deserve because they haven't lifted a finger to know better. How is that a problem? I rarely blame the scammers when the knowledge to avoid them is out there.

:smug:

Anyhoo, kudos for making the knowledge more available to the few players who might actually come in here to see it. :thumbsup:
Image
Me fail English? That's unpossible.
I'm not allowed to play in the deep end of my sand box.
My friends all have birthdays this year.
I found a moon rock in my nose.
My teacher said she's tired of trying.
~Ralph Wiggum
User avatar
Bitty Nooberton (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 24463
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831) » Thu May 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Itznot Phunnie (126579776) wrote:*giggle*

We have way too many players who are too lazy to do their homework. I don't feel bad for them at all. They get what they deserve because they haven't lifted a finger to know better. How is that a problem? I rarely blame the scammers when the knowledge to avoid them is out there.

:smug:

Anyhoo, kudos for making the knowledge more available to the few players who might actually come in here to see it. :thumbsup:


Touche! :haha:
Though usually the ones that fall for this are known to be "returning players", who have been on a break for a while :eh:
User avatar
OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3455
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Neverland

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby Lori (131347843) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:44 pm

OL Emmers (11632831) wrote:
Itznot Phunnie (126579776) wrote:*giggle*

We have way too many players who are too lazy to do their homework. I don't feel bad for them at all. They get what they deserve because they haven't lifted a finger to know better. How is that a problem? I rarely blame the scammers when the knowledge to avoid them is out there.

:smug:

Anyhoo, kudos for making the knowledge more available to the few players who might actually come in here to see it. :thumbsup:


Touche! :haha:
Though usually the ones that fall for this are known to be "returning players", who have been on a break for a while :eh:


I sincerely thank you for this. I actually am someone who was a returning player last year, after not having been playing since early 2013. I can see people like me, who left with prices of discontinued items or new YC items going for single to double digit thousand coins, not having a clue that those same items are now going for multi millions (And yes, I am still in shock that this was allowed to happen. Any other company would have seen how detrimental to the game economy this was, but of course it benefits BVG so they love it).

Now, I don't have old stuff worth millions and don't go to or have events, for various reasons, but I can see other people coming back being scammed like this. And, not to mention, not everyone - even current players, can possibly know the going rate of every item priced at Yorehab, whether it is accurate or not. Some never even use the site. I only went on it for the first time last year and that was just because I did a google search to find lists/pictures of expired theme items. I discovered 2013 was the year when all the amazing themes came out and I unfortunately bought houses for those themes before I found out it would cost me hundreds of millions to furnish them with said old items, if I could even find them.

It irks me when people think everyone plays the game exactly the same. Not all of us have been into buying and selling. Not everyone knows when coming back that the game was allowed to become out of control with pricing. Not everyone uses buying/selling guides. Not everyone uses the forums (another first for me, last year). Thank you, again. I am so glad there are people like you in this game, to combat the scammers and cheaters.
I joined Yoworld, not Gambling World and I refuse to spend my money gambling to get decorating items! I have stopped my financial support of this game until the gambling events go away, or the furniture held in them is put in the store!
User avatar

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2060
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Invisible World and now Snake World

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831) » Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Lori (131347843) wrote:
OL Emmers (11632831) wrote:
Itznot Phunnie (126579776) wrote:*giggle*

We have way too many players who are too lazy to do their homework. I don't feel bad for them at all. They get what they deserve because they haven't lifted a finger to know better. How is that a problem? I rarely blame the scammers when the knowledge to avoid them is out there.

:smug:

Anyhoo, kudos for making the knowledge more available to the few players who might actually come in here to see it. :thumbsup:


Touche! :haha:
Though usually the ones that fall for this are known to be "returning players", who have been on a break for a while :eh:


I sincerely thank you for this. I actually am someone who was a returning player last year, after not having been playing since early 2013. I can see people like me, who left with prices of discontinued items or new YC items going for single to double digit thousand coins, not having a clue that those same items are now going for multi millions (And yes, I am still in shock that this was allowed to happen. Any other company would have seen how detrimental to the game economy this was, but of course it benefits BVG so they love it).

Now, I don't have old stuff worth millions and don't go to or have events, for various reasons, but I can see other people coming back being scammed like this. And, not to mention, not everyone - even current players, can possibly know the going rate of every item priced at Yorehab, whether it is accurate or not. Some never even use the site. I only went on it for the first time last year and that was just because I did a google search to find lists/pictures of expired theme items. I discovered 2013 was the year when all the amazing themes came out and I unfortunately bought houses for those themes before I found out it would cost me hundreds of millions to furnish them with said old items, if I could even find them.

It irks me when people think everyone plays the game exactly the same. Not all of us have been into buying and selling. Not everyone knows when coming back that the game was allowed to become out of control with pricing. Not everyone uses buying/selling guides. Not everyone uses the forums (another first for me, last year). Thank you, again. I am so glad there are people like you in this game, to combat the scammers and cheaters.



I really just wanted people to know, because currently a lot of items are being released onto the game and Yorehab can be quite off with certain prices a lot of the time, not every single one, but some. I recommend to always check the guide first before looking at peoples frames though, because some people do manipulate their pictures. Although, sometimes people screenshot guide and it changes afterwards - meaning that they have to redo pictures, so people just don't. I can understand that, but this particular player had a price on their frame which had never been one from yorehab within the past year. Usually I check Facebook trade centres to see what people are buying and selling items at, to figure out prices, it seems to me the easiest way to find actual prices these days, because I know (have been told) for an agent to update the yorehab guide, they have to have screenshots. Not every one of them is going to be able to buy every item in the game, so I do have sympathy for them when people are harsh against the page, but, I'd still suggest to choose your own prices these days, whatever seems fair to you is probably what's fair to everyone else - within reason :haha:
User avatar
OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3455
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Neverland

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:26 am

^
User avatar
OL EmmersA2zxGK (11632831)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 15, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3455
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Neverland

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby MsZ (185780339) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:30 am

I've had this many of times, I go there and see an item I own when I ask hm they pay they tell me to state a price. When I state the price (which is a retail price they sell for in events, forums, AH and trade groups) they tell me no, lower and then refer to Rehab. I tell them not to worry, I won't sell, and they won't ever find, when I try to explain the exact item(s) are in AH current WITH bids for a lot higher, I get kicked. I'm hoping many players just avoid these events nowdays. I avoid them, it's too much stress and time wasted as they want it for practically free. :party: :party: :party:
Image
Visit Me♥♥♥
User avatar
MsZ (185780339)
YoWorld Level: 223
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 7181
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby nicky (158238032) » Fri May 19, 2017 6:50 am

wow.. thanks for pointing out... I have some of the items that he wanted but then I don't wanna part with them yet.. Offered nothing otherwise I would end up at Alton too :heart: :heart:
User avatar
nicky (158238032)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 30, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 654
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri May 19, 2017 7:26 am

I met a guy who just recently came back to the game.....he was selling older stuff based on rehab prices and I suggested to him, he may want to research a bit before selling as there were a few players who were snatching his things up. I think there is a difference in those who have been playing not researching prices a bit and those who have left for awhile and coming back and trusting that the guide was up to date since when they left that was what people went by to sell their things. I won't take advantage of someone like that, it would feel very wrong to me, but then again I play the game how I behave in real life, with integrity.

I think it was good for the OP to point this out, even if many don't come to the forums to read, if it helps one person it was worth it. The biggest thing that bothers me about this game is how people think it is okay to take advantage of others in the quest to gather pixels. I guess the whole anonymous thing of the internet allows some to forget that there is a person behind the screen with feelings. Pixels or not, no one likes to be take advantage of, it doesn't feel very good.
Image

77 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!
User avatar

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10278
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Halloween Town

Re: Taking advantage...

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Fri May 19, 2017 8:16 am

MsZ (185780339) wrote:I've had this many of times, I go there and see an item I own when I ask hm they pay they tell me to state a price. When I state the price (which is a retail price they sell for in events, forums, AH and trade groups) they tell me no, lower and then refer to Rehab. I tell them not to worry, I won't sell, and they won't ever find, when I try to explain the exact item(s) are in AH current WITH bids for a lot higher, I get kicked. I'm hoping many players just avoid these events nowdays. I avoid them, it's too much stress and time wasted as they want it for practically free. :party: :party: :party:


Yes this. I haven't used Rehabs prices in a couple years or so. I didn't realize anyone still did. (unless they want to buy) then sell at AH prices.. I don't do events, but sell in AH all the time, i go lower then the average selling price because I want it sold, not keep relisting it.
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7957
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind


Return to YoWorld Discussions