[PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 12: Enter Cam-Man!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 12: Enter Cam-Man!

Postby DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 am

I hope the new developments include improving lag and disconnections.

DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 792
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Angel (137411709) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am

My suggestion has two parts and may need a developer to help explain it. Sometime items don't sit well in a room, like a round rug or table looks like the angle is wrong or off, or a bridesmaid looks like a giant next to a bride and people are like 'don't they test these things out?' (not me mind you, I never ask that :angel:) So it would be nice if you could explain a bit on how different developers try to synchronize their items and test them before release. The second part is how we could design items ourselves because I'm hoping you'll have another decorating design challenge. You should have one of those at least once a year. But it would help for some of us to know how we can develop items for contests ahead of time cuz some of us need the time and practice, lol. It would help to know more about the format to submit and tools we could use to develop.

Angel (137411709)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 421
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby April (125585474) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:13 am

Cameron sounds like a cool guy! Anyone who plays world of warcraft def is in my book! Topic-wow inspired items and mounts that we can fly over yo to our destinations.Would love to see a wow theme! Adding a yo touch would be neat..The possibilities are endless!

Ah improvements I'm kinda scared hope to keep the same format ...some tweeks may be necessary understandable.. :D

April (125585474)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 526

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 pm

COOL PODCAST ..... TNX FOR SHARING AND all the work the Vikings do for the world of the Yo's .. (NOT SURE WHY but the podcast volume was low on my end.) .. HAPPPY EASTER BUNNY DAY! :) :heart: :heart: ;) loved the easter furniture.. Any wishes of the Vikings.. like what they hope to get into for the may and cinco de mayo season... in rl also? maybe some colorful or funny/festive items -maracas & sombreros lol?

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg
fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 96
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby JustShirley (115653893) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:34 pm

:?: I have a question regarding our gift twice-daily level chests we send out. Hoping you can explain on the next podcast. I haven't heard any mention of this by anyone, so I don't know if any other players have noticed the discrepancy between the pop-up prompt to "send" and the total number of friends showing at the bottom of the listbox and that total sent. The send prompt asks if we would like to send a gift to "so and so" (a friend's name) and 45 other friends (so 46 were sent). We click "send". Then the total at the bottom of listbox will show you sent "50 of 876".

I started looking at names and numbers sent because recently I had a friend asking her friends to please check to see if her name is on their gifts send list and that they're sending to her because she's noticed a very low total of received level chest gifts from friends. While checking if I was actually getting a prompt that had her name on it, I noticed that every one of my "send" prompts showed a number that was less than 50, yet every time I clicked send, whether it sent to 47 or 36 friends, the tally (under the listbox) consistently added another 50 gifts to the total that had been sent. I wrote down every prompt amount sent to friends and added it up...the eighteen sends totaled 719 gifts sent. My total friends shows up at 876 and the last tally total of friends that were sent gifts shown to me is 850 (which is from the 17th sent batch of 42 friends) of 876. The actual sending prompt says the eighteenth send sent gifts to 23 friends. The tally doesn't give a final total of how many friends of 876 friends were sent gifts. It simply states "Gifts Sent" showing no numbers.

Was wondering if the "Bug Zapper Team" is aware of this "out of sync" tally? Also wondering why all of our friends aren't being sent gifts, according to our actual game "gift requests prompts" total we click to send out? Why is there a discrepancy between the two totals? These gifts are an integral part of game play and no one should miss out on any much needed coins.
My hunch is that the actual "send" prompts are showing who is actually receiving a gift from us. I guess, first I'm going to have to count the names on the send prompt to see that the number it says it's sending matches the number of name being sent to. then I guess I'll match up names to see which 157 names are not being sent a gift from me. This will be very time consuming. Maybe they're the names on my list that no longer have a surname attached to them so facebook doesn't know who to direct the gift request to ...or are you totally phasing out request notifications through facebook? :idea: Or maybe you're already aware of this and can provide me with a list?!? :haha: Anyways, totals on both should have a synced relationship (parent/child) formula to automatically calculate and update from the master player list (facebook's game player list and/or your own) any player list changes and total to send and total sent out and update both the tally and the send list to be simultaneously kept current. Could this please be fixed? If I show a total of 876 friends in YoWorld, I would like to see that I send out a total of 876 gift chests to my friends. If these are players who have been permanently banned with no possibility of returning, if you haven't done so already, could you please remove their name from our in-game lists?
CLICK MY SIGGY TO VISIT MY DEFAULT ROOM OR THE WORLD TO VISIT MY APARTMENT

JustShirley (115653893)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 425
Location: Physical body stays on Earth but Soul is boundless! ☼

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:37 am

Auction house suggest :)
I'd love if we could put multiples of items in auction house in a bulk deal. I'm speaking of selling multiples of one item at one price. Lets say you want to sell 10 of one item, wouldn't it be nice to have an option to sell them all together in one group for one price?

Getting a bit more advanced, I'd love to sell clothing and furni sets in AH. I want to put a bed, dresser, windows, and a desk all for one price, in AH. That's right, the buyer would get the bed, dresser, windows, and desk, all together for one price

How about complete outfit combos for those secret stylists of yo :smug: :haha: ?

What'd be nice about this is we'd possibly be able to sell more items with the limit than the way it is now. Maybe you, BVG, would consider it; 5 sets/groups per furni or clothing category at a time in auction house.
I also wouldn't mind a limit of how many items in a set. For example, "you may select up to five items to sell as a set."

Now, can this happen anytime soon? Prob not, but I think it'd be nice to have in the future :) .

.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real.
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along, somewhere I belong

MY WISHLIST (click here)
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 8185
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 am

One more auction suggest :)
I'd love to browse items in AH and see an "or" buy now.
I know, as a buyer, sometimes I don't have the coin for an item, but I have the YC and vise versa.

This option will be used to post an item with a coin buy now AND a YC buyout, for a buyer to choose which.

This would be for the seller that wouldn't mind getting Coins OR YoCash for their item. The normal setup would not be affected, there'd just be an option for this. (See pic at end of this post)

For example: I list a hair, 24HR auc, bid starts at 200k coin, coin buy now 300K OR buy now 15YC.
This way, buyers can buy it for coin or YC, when the seller wouldn't mind either.

I think this would be nice to reverse as well. For example: I list a hair, 24HR auc, bid starts at 10YC, buy now 15YC OR buy now 300K.

The "OR" buy now would not have a start, just a main buy now price. There would be an option to list for Coin, Yocash, Coin/YoCash, YoCash/Coin.

I attempted to demonstrate the Coin/YC option (checked) using diff figures :) and what it'd look like in AH including the Sort by. I picture the same in reverse for YC/coin buy now option.

Please consider this ty! :hug:
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby OMG SHOES (2131112) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 am

Glad to see the podcast is back. :thumbsup: I'm really excited for the upcoming improvements to the auction house.

OMG SHOES (2131112)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2008

Forum Posts: 781

Postby Raven (124880046) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Would it be possible for handheld items that default to, say, the right hand to automatically switch to the left hand when there is already a handheld IN the right hand? That way your Yo would have one item in each hand instead of TWO items in one hand.

Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for all your hard work and many thanks for saving the game itself!

/

Raven (124880046)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 155
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Bunny (185290042) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Do you think we could have a think for overall outfit likes (in addition to the weekly one we already have) except there really isnt a competition for it? basically when you view someones saved outfit you have the outfit likes for this week(which are for the outfit of the week) and then you can have an overall likes and that is how many likes the person has ever gotten on the outfit since it was saved, idk i thought it was a pretty neat idea
ImageImage
"The Credit Belongs To The Man Who Is Actually In The Arena" -Roosevelt
❤Buying these!❤

Rest in peace my white pawed baby ❤ 8.28.17 8:55 AM
Bunny (185290042)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 17, 2013

Forum Posts: 9206

Postby Mel Freeman (183484317) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Toink Toink (117686344) wrote:So next theme is Italian Winery.

This is actually fabulous news!! Oh fine Italy !!!!!! :drool: : :heart:
4/5/2017 Retiring from pic
Re: picto creativity . I wasn't into mixing materials randomly. I was into good execution . I worked extremely hard, so I could look at it afterwards and say, "my hands grow out of the right place, TY God ." .
Mel Freeman (183484317)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 02, 2012

Forum Posts: 6828
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby JustShirley (115653893) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:05 pm

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) wrote:Auction house suggest :)

Getting a bit more advanced, I'd love to sell clothing and furni sets in AH. I want to put a bed, dresser, windows, and a desk all for one price, in AH. That's right, the buyer would get the bed, dresser, windows, and desk, all together for one price

How about complete outfit combos for those secret stylists of yo :smug: :haha: ?

What'd be nice about this is we'd possibly be able to sell more items with the limit than the way it is now. Maybe you, BVG, would consider it; 5 sets/groups per furni or clothing category at a time in auction house.
I also wouldn't mind a limit of how many items in a set. For example, "you may select up to five items to sell as a set."

Now, can this happen anytime soon? Prob not, but I think it'd be nice to have in the future :) .

I could see where selling a complete outfit would benefit ... especially in the instance of selling all of the parts to a costume. Many costumes have separate parts (body, head, hands). I have several costumes I'd like to sell, but don't want to risk having parts separated (one piece going to one person and another going to someone else). Another solution would be for the seller to have the option to request that the complete costume (all parts) be purchased - with each piece stating that pieces to the costume are not sold separately. I had not used the AH prior to purchasing those costumes so didn't realize the problem of selling a complete outfit. I wouldn't have purchased them had I known this.
Along that line, if there had been a way to keep the costume together, I would have donated them to the donation box as it is now, I'm sure the pieces of the costume would have gotten separated and worthless to whoever received them. Please figure out a way to do this or stop putting out costumes with separate pieces, make them one complete outfit so it will always be complete.

JustShirley (115653893)

Postby JustShirley (115653893) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Raven (124880046) wrote:Would it be possible for handheld items that default to, say, the right hand to automatically switch to the left hand when there is already a handheld IN the right hand? That way your Yo would have one item in each hand instead of TWO items in one hand.

Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for all your hard work and many thanks for saving the game itself!

That question has come up several times in previous podcasts - every time, the answer has been "no". That's why some handhelds have been sold with the option of left handed or right handed, but that option has never become a consistent offer with all handhelds.

JustShirley (115653893)

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 am

Auction House suggest.
Can we have a little alert icon for AH? Like when someone bids or outbids us, our item sells, we receive a bid, a little icon will show next to the auction house mallet, or a number representing the number of alerts we have? Like our message box; it has a number to represent gifts and messages. Just a little, "look at me". I thought we used to have this, not sure.
Thanks BVG :)

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby JustShirley (115653893) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:12 am

Hey Viking Jess! I have another question...Are there plans in the making to add more levels to the mobile app? What's the long term plan there...will you continue to add levels or do you plan to eventually reach a max level? A lot of players who've reached the end are wondering if/when there will be more added...I went to the thread about the mobile app in the forum, but couldn't find any answers from the Vikings in regards to this. Thanks!

JustShirley (115653893)

Postby InBreadCat Toink (117686344) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:33 am

Hope Viking Cam will put bears in the jackpot Yomo prizes :D. More deals please. I bought every deal the last time and used it up in the Yomo itself.

How about Viking Ari for next podcast. The last time I talked to a server engineer my eyes glazed over and started watering from all the smartness coming from him. Like whoa dude, what language are you speaking. Techy talk.
We are out of rice krispies har har

InBreadCat Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 6235
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby Raven (124880046) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:10 pm

JustShirley (115653893) wrote:
Raven (124880046) wrote:Would it be possible for handheld items that default to, say, the right hand to automatically switch to the left hand when there is already a handheld IN the right hand? That way your Yo would have one item in each hand instead of TWO items in one hand.

That question has come up several times in previous podcasts - every time, the answer has been "no". That's why some handhelds have been sold with the option of left handed or right handed, but that option has never become a consistent offer with all handhelds.

Thank you 4 addressing my post. (Leave it to me to post a suggestion which has been posted multiple times -I did a search but apparently not a very good one!!!)

/

Raven (124880046)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 155
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Oxana (187428467) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:54 am

:angel: :D :bye: :D :angel: :bye: :thumbsup: :heart: :night: :haha: :bye: :cat: :cat: : ;) : :smug: :)
Oxana (187428467)
YoWorld Level: 20
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 24, 2017

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions