Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:09 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Age of Steam: China/Steampunk China

We have had numerous Chinese themes in the past, as we have had numerous Steampunk themes in the past. Since we already had multiple of the two, one more combines should not hurt anyone, right? This is right up your lane, BVG, you love repeated themes! And two repeated themes smashed together? Two for one! Two birds with one stone. It's nothing but a double deal.

;)

Steampunk in China is a sub-genre of Steampunk, where it is seen in fiction influencing Chinese architecture and life. It is in fact so different than Steampunk in style, that some would go as far to claim it a genre of its own. The house for this theme could be a small steam-powered village, a sky-palace fit for a Chinese emperor or dynasty.

The clothing for this theme could get quite interesting.

OOOOOOO! :drool: :love:

Marvelous! I didn't think many would like that idea.

This would be awesome.... reminds me of some of the recent films made that take place in China and have some of these elements even if the films aren't steampunk/.

Found this while searching on the net...

Tai Chi Zero

Wow, Sam! I love that you could find references, this further validates that this is, in fact, an actual genre BVG is more than welcome to explore. It would add onto things that are already there and I think BVG could do so much with it. Think about it, bamboo trees that are made out of metal pipes?

And again, the clothing would be beautifully stunning!

Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7729
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Urban Fantasy
I have suggested this idea before, but never in enough detail. This theme could literally take place in any major city. New York, Hong Kong, Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, London, Tokyo, you name it!

It's fantasy, in an urban setting. Imagine vampires in Tokyo, werewolves in New York, warlocks and wizards in Philadelphia, etc. Of course, for this theme, you'd have to stick to one city and allow all of the magic to happen there. The only catch is, the real world (humanity) is completely unaware of their existence.

The house for this theme can be anything from a corner store bodega, slum apartment, luxurious high-rise, etc. The house would even have some form of connection to the sewage system, where the dark magic is performed and traded. This is fair came, and can incorporate any genre of fantasy in the urban setting.

Imagine it, corporate vampires, witches on the police force, etc.

Awesome!!! :thumbsup:

Have you ever read the Shadowrun books?

It's not totally this idea, but it takes place in a world where a global event brought back an age of magic to our world, changing much of the population into creatures of myth like elves, ogres and trolls. Into this world you had such things as corporate witches, wizards and shamans. Teams of thieves that often consisted of a magic user, a hacker, cybernetically enhanced humans and other adventurers.

Never heard of it, but I absolutely love how it incorporated both bits and pieces of Cyberpunk and Urban Fantasy from the looks of your images! :love: :heart:

It's the perfect combo, Maybe BVG can make an Urban Cyberpunk Fantasy theme somewhere down the road after they make us proper Cyberpunk and Urban Fantasy themes respectively!

Some other good examples of Urban Fantasy in media would be the Shadowhunters Saga, and maybe the movir BRIGHT with Will Smith.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:32 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Vacation Outpost of Tomorrow

For this theme, I have posted all the images below as examples and inspiration for this theme idea.

Imagine taking a trip to a futuristic tropical resort. This theme will do just that for you. Taking long peaceful walks along the morning while being served tropical gourmet dishes by your robotic chef may just be what you need.

Take a swim in the artificially enhanced waters in each of our designated lates and beaches, and to get around faster, take a ride on the innovative high-speed shuttle train.

Learn a bit about the aquatic life here at our very own aquarium.

Also, I think the clothing for this theme would be so cool. Take a look at this awesome concept I found below.

This would be beautiful... I also would love if some of the resort rooms were underwater.

I'm still waiting for an underwater theme that doesn't look like it came out of a Disney Little Mermaid genre!

I absolutely love your idea for an underwater room here, in fact, I think the main suite of this home should be underwater!

Maybe the theme could take place in light of the setting run for a more romantic touch?
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:25 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Here's a theme idea: Futuristic Elites

Credit for all art used in this post goes to their original artists.

Imagine the setting in a dystopian future, where an elite rule. The house for this theme can be a condo in a sky-piercer, an extremely tall highrise. The life would be glamorous, very opulent, and stylish. We'll be living this living by only the glamorous! I think this theme could make excellent use of holograms. It wouldn't be too light, it would be a little dark and cold in color palette but very clean. Take the images below as examples.

And of course, the fashion would be quite imposing and divine.

would love this

heres some more pictures of this

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 19457
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Summer Moretti (185966058) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:33 am

For this theme, I have posted all the images below as examples and inspiration for this theme idea.

Imagine taking a trip to a futuristic tropical resort. This theme will do just that for you. Taking long peaceful walks along the morning while being served tropical gourmet dishes by your robotic chef may just be what you need.

Take a swim in the artificially enhanced waters in each of our designated lates and beaches, and to get around faster, take a ride on the innovative high-speed shuttle train.

Also, I think the clothing for this theme would be so cool. Take a look at this awesome concept I found below.

This would be beautiful... I also would love if some of the resort rooms were underwater.

I'm still waiting for an underwater theme that doesn't look like it came out of a Disney Little Mermaid genre!

I absolutely love your idea for an underwater room here, in fact, I think the main suite of this home should be underwater!

Maybe the theme could take place in light of the setting run for a more romantic touch?

Love this idea :shocked:
Summer Moretti (185966058)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Summer Moretti (185966058) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:34 am

GoldenMikeyPINK (178293069) wrote:

Imagine the setting in a dystopian future, where an elite rule. The house for this theme can be a condo in a sky-piercer, an extremely tall highrise. The life would be glamorous, very opulent, and stylish. We'll be living this living by only the glamorous! I think this theme could make excellent use of holograms. It wouldn't be too light, it would be a little dark and cold in color palette but very clean. Take the images below as examples.

would love this

They should definitely come out with this :D
Summer Moretti (185966058)
YoWorld Level: 319
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Thatchermargarettex (156995411) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:36 am

HIii can you please help me out?

I just checked on my yoworld account and the last time i played it when it was still yoville. I checked on some of my items and some of it are missing like my pink cupid wings and some of the hairs i've collected before. It would mean a lot to me if you guys would help me have it back!
Thank you so much!!
-user:AfypArmyCadetKate
Thatchermargarettex (156995411)
YoWorld Level: 64
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 17, 2010

Forum Posts: 2
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Summer Moretti (185966058) wrote:
GoldenMikeyPINK (178293069) wrote:

would love this

They should definitely come out with this :D

I am glad you both agree on this theme concept!

Mikey, I like the images you provided. For some more apartment ideas and inspiration, I have some more of my own below.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Dystopian Slum

This theme is meant to look unpleasant. It's dark, it's grungy, it drops you right down into the middle of all the nitty-gritty. It's a world devastated by poverty, Abandoned buildings, graffiti, etc. Of course, this would all be taking place in the near or even distant future. The house for this theme could be a desolated apartment complex. Dust, rubble, debris, maybe even post-apocalyptic.

Metal fire escapes, old piles of watery worn down car tires, smashed windows, overflowing trash cans, burning trash bags and trash cans, and smaller cramped spaces. Old run down vehicles, maybe the home could take place on a street instead? Like with a bar and old run down restaurant, both of which would still be functioning. Of course, this would take place in the future, so keep in mind as well, perhaps some futuristic police vehicles, maybe some holograms, cyborg body parts, etc.

I also suggest this theme because as of late, the clothing that has been coming out has been of a light and sometimes even pastel nature.

So as aforementioned, the clothing for this theme would not be light and pastel.

Such a theme would more than likely take place at night time. There is so much content and material you could work with here, in fact, searching up "dystopian slum" on Google images will give you so much more to work with.

Some more environment inspiration:

Perhaps this home could be located under an elevated rail or train track system?
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:17 pm

BVG, you guys have been on my mind tons lately. :heart:

And I cannot stop thinking about just how much you guys love rehashed themes. So as a token of my affection, I decided to present you with this modest theme concept...

Steampunk Circus

Just think about it, a grungy old circus tent with smoke, cogs, gears, and robotic animals!

As you can probably tell by the images above, the clothing options for this theme would be endless, avant-garde, and amazingly spectacular.

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Summer Moretti (185966058) wrote:
AmourYBR (156112697) wrote:Raver theme: with glowing items, I also suggest glow up fur shoes! and LED handhelds!

I would love to see theme out on yoworld. :drool: :drool: :D

Yes! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 20576
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:BVG, you guys have been on my mind tons lately. :heart:

And I cannot stop thinking about just how much you guys love rehashed themes. So as a token of my affection, I decided to present you with this modest theme concept...

Steampunk Circus

Just think about it, a grungy old circus tent with smoke, cogs, gears, and robotic animals!

As you can probably tell by the images above, the clothing options for this theme would be endless, avant-garde, and amazingly spectacular.

This would be freaking awesome!!! :drool:

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:21 pm

They could have some underwater farming for the food the guests need. Self sufficiency should be the aim of the future.

Image :haha:

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Space and Time
This theme is a must-have if you are looking for the perfect sci-fi fantasy combo. Think about the home being a large clock tower, one with giant gears. Or maybe, a clock tower that doubles as a space observatory??

This theme could be breath-takingly beautiful and could have all types of clothing and furniture. Since it's a theme about space and time, the clothing could come from various different eras and time periods. The location could be anywhere from a space observatory to a clock tower, or both! Lots of elements of fantasy and sci-fi would have to work together to pull this off.

I would love this.... very beautiful! :heart:

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 pm

They could have some underwater farming for the food the guests need. Self sufficiency should be the aim of the future.

Image :haha:

Yes! I can definetely see this all come into play. I see this suggestion has gone from Vacation to flat out Utopian Escape. In fact, that would be another excellent name for this theme.

Utopian Escape

It could be all about our symbiotic relationship with the enviornment (without being too Solarpunk) in a futuristic setting. I can totally see both of our ideas pan our very well in this theme, and I like how we in developing this theme idea it became so fleshed out so easily. Like I feel BVG could give this theme the go-ahead right away cause we already have enoough content and inspiration here for such a theme to happen!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:31 pm

Here's a theme we have never had before and definitely a new genre I can see the game exploring.

Vaporwave/Synthwave

So what this is is it's a genre of music that started to pick up traction in 2010, maybe as early as the year 2000, and what it does, is it focuses on the synth music popular in the 80s and 90s. Most of it is inspired by that. I am thinking the house for this theme could be a throwback mall. One thing is for certain, lots of palm trees will be needed for this theme!

In this theme, that atmosphere absolutely smells of neon lights. Neon, neon, neon. Neon here, neon there.

Just big neon signs with words and phrases that make no sense, but work! Realistically, Vaporwave and Synthwave are a bit different from one another, however, in this theme, they could go hand in hand.

The home could also be an apartment. There could be some cuts of surrealism used within this theme. Such as the electronic world mixing in with the real world. Another possible location for this theme, could be a VHS store or

Some would say that the main distinction between Retrowave/Synthwave is that it is more inspired by the 80s, where Vaporwave is more inspired by the 90s, and early 2000s. Both genres of art, culture, and music, are based mainly on reasons of nostalgia. Both of them really originated around 2010, with of course inspiration from their respective decades of the past. I am wondering what we think?

The clothing and hair could also be as though they were in a neon ambiance, maybe even the makeup!

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Just had to borrow these for this thread! ;)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:57 am

Reality Malfunction/The Glitch
This is a theme that would be heavily inspired by The Matrix film. I noticed that in another thread, Rodd expressed his desire for a matrix theme, and I think it would be a good idea to help expand the sci-fi fantasy elements you currently offer in-game.

So the main idea for this theme is to include clothing, furniture, and items, that are designed to appear as though they are glitching out. Some furniture items should be entirely blacked out, with only strings of numbers, letters, and coding running along their surface.

The clothing would remain pretty similar to the movie:

Of course, we find out that our reality isn't real and that life as we know it was a simulation *Spoiler warning*.

So some rooms displaying scenes of the real world would be in order. And we all know what that looks like kinda...

And we'll need some sentinels!

For those of you who don't know, again, spoiler warning. The Matrix film franchise sets us in a world where humans are living in a false computerized reality. A virtual world. A few special humans are trying to rebel against the forces on the outside real world who have imprisoned humanity in this virtual world.

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Space and Time
This theme is a must-have if you are looking for the perfect sci-fi fantasy combo. Think about the home being a large clock tower, one with giant gears. Or maybe, a clock tower that doubles as a space observatory??

This theme could be breath-takingly beautiful and could have all types of clothing and furniture. Since it's a theme about space and time, the clothing could come from various different eras and time periods. The location could be anywhere from a space observatory to a clock tower, or both! Lots of elements of fantasy and sci-fi would have to work together to pull this off.

I would love this.... very beautiful! :heart:

I would love this too, very beautiful

GoldenMikey (178293069)

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Reality Malfunction/The Glitch
This is a theme that would be heavily inspired by The Matrix film. I noticed that in another thread, Rodd expressed his desire for a matrix theme, and I think it would be a good idea to help expand the sci-fi fantasy elements you currently offer in-game.

So the main idea for this theme is to include clothing, furniture, and items, that are designed to appear as though they are glitching out. Some furniture items should be entirely blacked out, with only strings of numbers, letters, and coding running along their surface.

The clothing would remain pretty similar to the movie:

Of course, we find out that our reality isn't real and that life as we know it was a simulation *Spoiler warning*.

So some rooms displaying scenes of the real world would be in order. And we all know what that looks like kinda...

And we'll need some sentinels!

For those of you who don't know, again, spoiler warning. The Matrix film franchise sets us in a world where humans are living in a false computerized reality. A virtual world. A few special humans are trying to rebel against the forces on the outside real world who have imprisoned humanity in this virtual world.

I know a few who would love this and Hot Rod proabably

GoldenMikey (178293069)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions